Cana Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

SEP 1, 2015
Staff PicksNew Stuff!

MyChurch: castx
Cana Baptist Church
Dr. Charles A. Stewart  |  Fort Worth, Texas

Sermon3/25/15 9:16 PM
H Hudson from Deerfield Beach, Florida  Protected NameFind all comments by H Hudson
Four Secrets for Effective Praying
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Enlightening Sermon! ”
The insight and principles laid out in this message are outstanding. They really bring together the 4 "secrets" that will make our prayer life much more effective and give us many blessings as we see our prayers answered. This message should be heard regularly so that these "secrets" will form our daily prayers, not only when we have needs, but to better communicate with God, who welcomes them.

Sermon2/19/15 5:39 PM
Student from Bible Study  Contact via emailFind all comments by Student
Why Allah Cannot be the God of the Bible
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Great Teaching! ”
This teaching is what we Christians really need to know to be effective in evangelizing our neighbors who have questions about the difference between Islam's Allah, the JW's Jehovah, and the one true God of the Bible, Yahweh, who brings salvation.

Sermon12/10/14 10:19 AM
Dr. Charles A. Stewart from Fort Worth, Texas  Protected NameFind all comments by Dr. Charles A. Stewart
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Responding to Dylan's comment ”
Thanks, Dylan, for listening and for entering into the conversation. I think that you have missed Jesus' point. Jesus is establishing an over-arching truth of spiritual warfare that is so fundamental that even the Pharisees cannot argue against its powerful implications. There is no "sort of" in this statement. If Satan's servants are working against their master, his kingdom of darkness will not stand. Therefore, Jesus argues, He cannot be of Satan's kingdom as His enemies were asserting. A truth so fundamental applies to God Kingdom, as well. God would not sabotage the sanctifying work of grace of His Spirit in the lives of His redeemed ones by allowing us to have two fundamentally different natures with two diametrically opposed allegiances belonging to two conflicting kingdoms. To do otherwise would make no sense at all and would set the Child of God up for interminable frustration and failure! Life in this world is challenging enough having to live out our days in a fallen earth-suit as we await our deliverance through death (yes, a blessing in many ways) and the bodily resurrection. Jesus died that we might have life and have it more abundantly. God has set us up for victory, not defeat!

Sermon12/10/14 2:37 AM
Dylan from Maryland  Find all comments by Dylan
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
comments
To Mark: That's a good point. I think "a house divided against itself cannot stand" was not a metaphor applicable to the relationship of the human body and the human mind. It was used to illustrate that one cannot "sort of" be on the side of God or Satan. God gives Christians a spiritual awareness when they are redeemed that allows their mind or house to base itself in Him. The spirit will always be at war with the body because of the innate fallen nature of our physical body no matter how pious and obedient we are. "Being divided" against oneself in this instance isn't referring to the war between body and spirit or body and mind but being spiritually on the side of God or the side of Satan. It helped illustrate the illogical accusations of the Pharisees and how if one is truly a servant of God, one cannot also be serving satan. The Pharisees accused Jesus of doing this, but the line "a divided house cannot stand against itself" was to illustrate how such accusations didn't hold their weight logically or spiritually. We will always be at war with our bodies until we no longer are stuck in them.

Sermon10/29/14 8:12 PM
Marianne from New Zealand  Find all comments by Marianne
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
comments
Excellent. Practical and helpful. Thank you.

Sermon7/20/14 11:09 PM
G Emmanuel Churchill from New Zealand  Find all comments by G Emmanuel Churchill
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
comments
Thank you Pastor Charles Stewart, This is indeed an excellent sermon, Scripturally based and empowering to live Victorious life. All praises and Glory to God! Amen.

Sermon7/1/14 10:46 AM
Dr. Charle Stewart  Find all comments by Dr. Charle Stewart
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
comments
Thanks, Alfred, for listening! This is an important and timely subject, to be sure. No, I am not amillennial. I believe the Scriptures do teach a literal 1000 year reign of Christ. It is our ecclesiology that impacts our eschatology. Ecclesiology determines your understanding of the nature of Israel and the church. If they are two different people with two different destinies (dispensationalism), then you tend to embrace a pretribulation rapture. If you believe that we are one spiritual people with a common destiny (although physical Israel does have a national destiny, as well as a spiritual one), then you become open to a post-tribulation rapture. God will force us all to agreement through historical developments.

Sermon6/29/14 6:16 PM
Alfred from Godwin  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alfred
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
comments
Everyone has to understand Dr. Stewart's presuppositions. If I am wrong he can correct me, Dr. Stewart is an amillenialist. A pre-trib rapture just doesn't fit their eschatology. Reformers take the Roman Catholic Church's view of eschatology. The reformers i.e. Calvin, Luther change their soteriology, but kept the RCC view of eschatology. I am pre-trib, pre-mil, Calvinist and add some dispensation theology in there. I have no problem reconciling all those positions.

Sermon3/17/14 12:03 AM
An old friend from Kenosha  Find all comments by An old friend from Kenosha
Help! How do I Wait on the Lord?
comments
Dearest Marcy, I hope and pray that all is well. You may not remember me but, when I said I would love and pray form my friends forever- I meant it. I was lost but now am saved by our father by grace. I have never forgotten about you or any of my class mates from bose elementary. Know that I care and by the power of the lord I pray for us all.

Sermon2/25/14 11:45 AM
Dan Sharp from Michigan  Find all comments by Dan Sharp
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
comments
This was one of the most helpful sermons I've ever listened to. Thank you!

Sermon12/27/13 10:40 AM
Monika S. Casey from WI  Find all comments by Monika S. Casey
Does My Happiness Matter to God?
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
Appreciated the distinction between happiness and blessed, and the explanation of the root words and translation problems.

Sermon12/18/13 6:04 AM
Ian Tait from Charlotte NC  Find all comments by Ian Tait
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
comments
Basic truth, Scripturally based. Mind blowing. This should be required listening. God Bless you Pastor and thank you Lord for leading me to this inspired teaching

Sermon12/5/13 7:42 AM
Peter pols from Michigan  Find all comments by Peter pols
When Salvation Will Lead You to Hell!
comments
8 yr old sermon. Always up to date. We are faced with many weak kneed preachers who no longer dare to preach this kind of message. Thank you.

Sermon6/17/13 6:27 AM
Jason lee from Michigan  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jason lee
Suicide: What You Must Know About It
comments
Thank for your time in this very sensitive matter. I just wanted to remind you of Judas Iscariot. Also, do you think God was at all in favour of what Sampson did? Because without the Lord giving him the strength he would have been able to do nothing. Again, thanks for your time.

Sermon5/26/13 10:41 PM
Andrew  Contact via emailFind all comments by Andrew
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Thank You Charles ”
I'm so glad to hear a sermon on this topic. I need to be on guard in my mind. I didn't know anything about this pastor, but I'm glad I found out about him. Here's to you, Charles. Thank you

Sermon6/29/12 5:08 PM
Samantha M from Georgia  Find all comments by Samantha M
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Awesome Sermon! ”
A must hear!!!..

Sermon6/29/12 2:43 PM
thomas paul houston from 24091  Contact via emailFind all comments by thomas paul houston
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ amen ”
as a young man this rile rebuked me! the world incuagis these immoral and wicked thoughts. and God hats this sin it is adutrey and it will destory your mind life and your sole.

Sermon2/7/12 10:36 PM
Benjamin from Louisiana  Contact via emailFind all comments by Benjamin
How Satan Gets Into Your Head
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Thank You ”
This sermon was well-planned and well-delivered. I learned how to fight Satan. I feel much better about myself!

Sermon1/11/12 10:03 PM
Dan Martin from Honduras  Contact via emailFind all comments by Dan Martin
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
comments
I had believed in the pre-trib rapture all my life (I'm 70), until I started studying the end times as though I knew nothing about it. It is amazing how the Word of the Lord speaks when we actually listen to what it says without prejudice. What finally cinched this for me was Rev. 11:15-18: "And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. 16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, 17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. 18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth." The seventh angel's trumpet was the LAST Trumpet. It's great to know there are others who agree!

Sermon9/26/11 9:41 AM
Robert Cummins from Central KY  Find all comments by Robert Cummins
My Mistake-Embracing The Pretrib Rapture
Dr. Charles A. Stewart
comments
“ Faithful Exegesis. ”
This message is simply packed full of valuable information for those interested in a study of eschatology. The subject of the "rapture" is presented systematically using faithful exegesis of the scriptures.

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Grace Community...

Kevin Swanson
Examining Donald Trump

Moral and Economic Failures
Generations Radio

New Study Bible w/ Biblical Theology

D. A. Carson is the gen­eral editor of the new NIV Zond­ervan Study Bible built on...
www.unpackinggodsstory.com