I. There is no Rivalry Between True Gospel Ministers
A. God's Laborers are in Reality Co-laborers
B. Laborers are not Necessary â€“ but God is
Pleased to Use Them -7
C. The Roles in God's Kingdom Defined. 8-9
1. Planting and watering are one.
2. God rewards according to the faithful
exercise of the gifts He gives.
3. God is the focus in all of this.
II. God will Judge How His Church has been Built
A. Misconceptions regarding this passage
2. Judgment of Christians for their works
B. The Context of the Passage
1. This passage is a â€śchurchâ€ť passage.
2. The Corinthians were a church in
3. The Corinthians were impressed by
4. The context of 4:1-6
C. Exposition -- Building the Church 10-15
1. The foundation is Jesus Christ v. 11
2. Paul knew he was not the exclusive
builder v. 10
3. The building materials v. 12-13
4. The building that stands and the
building that burns v. 14-15
a) The foundation is not in
b) The laborers salvation is not in
Pastor Steve came to Christ at the age of 11. He graduated from Pacific Coast Baptist Bible College in 1979 with a B.A. in theology as the Valedictorian of his class. He joined our church in 1978, came on staff, full-time in 1980, was ordained as an Elder in 1982, and became the primary...