As we consider the things for which we should be
thankful a number of worthy items come up on our
lists: families, jobs, health, etc. All of these
are certainly items for which we should be abundantly
thankful, but this sermon invites us to be more
thankful for our God in a number of ways:
1) Thankful to God the father for his electing and
adopting grace in eternity past.
2) Thankful to the Lord Jesus Christ for bearing our
sins and taking our punishment and imputing his
perfect righteousness to us as a free gift.
3) Thankful to the Holy Ghost for revealing God's
truth to us in this life so that we may live more
abundantly in the rest of knowing what our savior has
done on our behalf.
4) Thankful for the church wherein we find the
communion of the saints and the blessings of the
love, support and doctrinal unity.
5) Thankful for the promise of heaven and the glory
Yes, God's people have much to be thankful for, but
most of all we should be thankful for our merciful
God. We believe that were we to dwell upon the
greatness of our God all the more, we would rejoice
as we travel along life's path as pilgrims and
strangers in this place.