Marriage and Family Series Faith Free Presbyterian...
Play! | MP3
PowerClips is an exclusive feature which enables you to convert a selected clip from one of your sermons into an animated video creatively styled with strong, visual elements in bold typography. (Click left for an example).
Class formed to respond to questions such as,
1. How do we put the gospel into operation in the
context of our marriage relationships?
2. Specifically, how do we apply the gospel to
issues that divide husbands and wives?
3. How do we apply it in tense situations,
especially where there is bitterness, anger or deep
4. How do we apply it to some of the most common
challenges to marital harmony and happiness -- e.g.
in areas such as finances?
5. What is the Bible's teaching on the role of
husbands and wives in a marriage?
6. What do we do when a spouse refuses or neglects
to fulfill his/her role?
7. How do we apply the gospel in the area of
disciplining our children?
8. How may we best conduct family devotions?
BACK TO BASICS
1. Why God ordained marriage
a. Genesis 2
i. That Adam might have a help
ii. That she might be his equal in worth and dignity
iii. The together they might fashion a solid family
life: cf. 3:20, mother.
iv. That they may live together in complete
faithfulness: cleave = "stick to"
b. 1 Corinthians 7
i. To maintain moral purity: v.1-2
ii. To provide for the physical and emotional needs
of each: v.3-5
iii. To provide a setting in which husbands and
wives may show mutual respect: v.3-5
iv. And demonstrate mutual trust: v.3-5
2. Is my marriage fulfilling God's ordained
3. The blame game: Genesis 3
God's idea. Great, useful, lessons for our marriages. We need this instruction in a day when Satan is attacking the marriage. We must follow God's design and honor Him in our marriages, as He intended from beginning.
Dr. Alan Cairns served for 25 years as pastor of Faith Free Presbyterian Church, Greenville, SC, before retiring and being named Pastor Emeritus in 2007. Prior to coming to the United States, he pastored Free Presbyterian churches in Dunmurry and Ballymoney, in Co. Antrim, Northern...