Utterly Astounding that the Gospel is Believed: 6 reasons why the gospel would never be believed except for the power of God (Paul Washer):
1. [Jesus] was born under questionable circumstances to a poor family in one of the most despised regions of the Roman Empire, and yet the gospel claims that He was the eternal Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit in the womb of a Jewish virgin."
2. [Jesus] was a carpenter by trade and an itinerant religious teacher with no official training, and yet the gospel claims that He surpassed the combined wisdom of every Greek philosopher and Roman sage of antiquity.
3. [Jesus] was poor and had no place to lay His head, and yet the gospel claims that for three years He fed thousands by a word, healed every manner of illness among men, and even raiseed the dead.
4. [Jesus] was crucified outside of Jerusalem as a blasphemer and an enemy of the state, and yet the gospel claims that His death was the pivotal event in all of human history and the only means of salvation from sin and reconciliation with God.
5. [Jesus] was placed in a borrowed tomb, and yet the gospel claims that on the third day He rose from the dead and presented Himself to many of His followers. Forty days later, He ascended into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.
6. Thus, the gospel claims that a poor Jewish carpenter, who was rejected as a lunatic and a blasphemer by His own people and crucified by the state, is now the Savior of the world, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. At His name, every knee, including Caesar's, will bow.