SITE NOTICE | MORE..Christian Heritage Collection -- Update! A new portrait has been added to our collection -- Pierre Viret! A collection of original art celebrating the history and heritage of the Christian church. .. click for more info!
"Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied." (Proverbs 27:20)
***** GIVE GLORY TO GOD "Give unto the LORD the glory due unto His name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness." (Psalm 29:2) How can we glorify Him? 1. Praise the perfections of the Trinity. Adore and respectfully speak of the Lord and His attributes. Micah 7:18, "Who is a God like unto Thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He retaineth not His anger for ever, because He delighteth in mercy." Exalt the trinity.
2. Rejoice in the salvation God decreed, accomplished, applies and consummates. "Salvation is of the LORD" in its purpose, purchase, power and perfection. The Father chose us unto salvation, the Son redeemed us and the Spirit regenerated us and keeps us safe till we see Christ face to face.
3. Believe Christ in Whom all the fulness of the Godhood dwells bodily. Nothing so honors the Lord like believing His Incarnate Word and His written Word. Walk by faith.
4. Be faithful to attend the services. "Not forsaking the assembling of yourselves together as the manner of some is" (Hebrews 10:25). Public worship is the single most important aspect of a believerâ€™s life. Discipline yourself to be present to hear the proclamation of the gospel. Your attendance pleases the Lord, benefits you and encourages the one who preaches and those with whom you meet.
5. Delight in Godâ€™s providence and trust Him at all times. Complaining about oneâ€™s lot in life is not glorifying to God Who ordained all things. Rejoice that God rules and find comfort in His providence knowing He is working out His eternal purpose for His glory and our good.
6. Live daily in a manner honoring to God. "Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things" (Titus 2:10). "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God" (1 Co 10:31).
7. Read and study the Scriptures. Spend time in the Word. Saturate your mind and heart with it. Read books that are doctrinally sound, glorifying to God and edifying to the soul.
8. Tell others of Christâ€™s person and work. You come into contact with people I will never meet. In many instances, you are their only connection to the gospel. Be faithful to the cause of Truth by declaring what God, in Christ, has done for you. Be a good witness; speak of the One who loved you and gave Himself for you. â€“Pastor Jim Byrd
***** PERFECTED BY ONE OFFERING The longer I live, the more I feel that if there were one thing left undone, if the devil were not conquered, sin not expiated, justice not satisfied, the law not honored and magnified, death not overcome, and every burden carried away, I should not have a ray of hope. I used to think I saw this as clear as the noonday, thirty or forty years ago; but I saw it very differently then to what I see now; for I see and feel now that if one hair-breath is left for me to do to merit heaven, or bring as a plea before God, I am undone for ever and ever. But on the Mount of Calvary, the Lord Jesus Christ undertook the cause of His people; and there is not a jot nor a tittle that He left undone, but "by one offering He perfected for ever them that are sanctified" (Hebrews 10:14). "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" (Romans 8:1). Here is complete salvation. "Saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation" (Isaiah 45:17). â€“John Warburton, 1853
***** Till men have faith in Christ, their best services are but glorious sins. â€“Thomas Brooks, Puritan preacher