As a church, we have been learning about how to study the Bible. There are many ways to go about this, however, one of the easiest is to simply "read" it, answering 10 simple questions for each chapter that you read. So, we have a plan. Since Acts has 28 chapters, divided equally by 7, We are reading 4 chapters each day from the book of Acts for 30 days, the same four each day. Then the next month we will move to the next four, and so on and so on. We will read the same 4 or 5 chapters each day for each book and It will take us about 4 years to read and study through the New Testament in this manner.
Then we are also reading the Old Testament, one chapter each day, starting in Genesis one. We read one chapter and then answer the same 10 questions for each chapter. We are going to do 5 chapters each week and It will take us about 4 years to read and study through the Old Testament.
So, we are studying to show ourselves approved unto God as workmen that need not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth! Would you like to join us too?!!! Here are the 10 questions that we came up with.
10 Questions to ask while reading and studying God's Word each day!
1. Pray first and ask God to open your spiritual mind, eyes, and understanding.
2. Write down who wrote the book, when did he write it, and to whom did he write it.
3. Write down Who are the main Characters for the book and for each chapter, and what are the main events of the book and each chapter.
4. Write down the meaning of the passage, (scripture interprets scripture) and what are other scriptures that relate
5. Write down what God is communicating to you personally through the passage and what and how the passage applies to your daily life.
6. Write down what promises, commands, and principles are in the passage
7. Write down how the passage is showing you of any changes you need to make in your life, and what steps you are going to take to implement them.
8. Ask yourself if the passage is showing you of any sin that you need to confess and repent of.
9. Write down the key verse for the chapter, give the chapter a key name, and also anything that you can thank God for.
10. Write down things that God would want you to share with someone else.
These 10 questions will help you to know God's Word as you should, and indeed within 3 1/2 to 4 years you will have a more complete knowledge of God's Word. This is probably one of the main things missing with most Christians, simply that they do not know God's Word as they ought. I hope that this simple method will encourage you to study God's Word as you should. You are certainly welcome to do it along with us as a church in Manila Utah. Here is the web address if you would like to know more about us, and indeed you can communicate with me anytime and I will be glad to talk with you about any thoughts or questions you may have!
God be with you and guide you in your study of His Eternal and precious Word!
In Christ our Savior,