I'm sure you've heard it said that there are no "Lone Ranger" Christians out there. Individual Christians are meant to be in regular fellowship with other believers, to worship together, to carry out the Kingdom work together, and to carry one another's burdens.
Similarly, churches work best when they are working with other bodies of believers. Of course, this sometimes means working with folks from a variety of denominations, but first, it means working with others in the OPC. This is why, in the Orthodox Presbyterian denomination, every church is part of a group of churches called a presbytery.
I won't go into the presbyterian form of government here; suffice to say, these other congregations are there to help and encourage us even as we help and encourage them.
Our closest neighbor in the presbytery is Covenant OPC in Hammond, Wisconsin. Covenant is not only a sister church; she provided an overseeing session for us before we were organized into a regular congregation. So, we have particular reason to thank the Lord for Covenant!
Covenant is a warm, friendly congregation blessed with many children! And this church loves to party! They recently acquired their current building in Hammond and are looking for good ways to reach out into the local community.
A few specific prayers and praises for COPC:
1. Give praise that two biopsies on two members of the same family came back negative.
2. Pray for another attender who is currently awaiting test results.
3. Pray for a family who has been trying for several months to sell their home in North Carolina.
4. Pray for grace and wisdom for the pastor and elders, and for a teachable, loving spirit among the members and friends of the church.
5. Pray that Covenant OPC would be a bright light for Jesus Christ in Hammond and the surrounding communities.
And don't forget to thank the Lord for providing us with this sister church!