152. Which governor of Judah did Haggai record, "I will take you, ____________
"I will take you, ____________
My servant, the son of Shealtiel, says the Lord, and will make you a signet ring; for I have chosen you says the Lord.?"
153. Who had a vision of the High Priest being ridiculed by Satan?
154. In what OT book is this quote: "Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit says the Lord?"
155. Malachi chapter 3 prophesies about John the Baptist. T or F.
156. Where are people robbing God in the book of Malachi?
New Testament Survey:
160. Name 5 of the 9 characters in the birth narratives of Christ.
161. How many Magi were there? (After you answer the question, look it up and find out).
162. What was Jesus' home town?
163. Why did John Baptize Jesus?
164. Where did Jesus get his human nature from?
165. Who forced Jesus to go into the wilderness to be tempted?
166. What book and chapters do we find the sermon on the mount?
167. How many beatitudes are there?
168. What Gentiles did Jesus become amazed at, because he had more faith than Israel?
169. Who are the 12 disciples?
170. What three disciples made the inner-core?
171. What disciple was the "one whom Jesus loved?"
172. What two groups viciously opposed Jesus?
173. Read Matthew 21:22. Is this true, why or why not?
174. Read Matthew 10:34. What is being expressed here?
175. Read Matthew 13:11-15. How does this affect the universality of the Gospel?
176. Jesus fed 5000 and 4000. T or F?
177. What two figures appeared with Jesus during the transfiguration?
178. What is the importance of Matthew 16 and 18 when applying it to the church?
179. Read Matthew 19:17. Is Jesus not Good? What is being expressed here?
180. Read Matthew 22:13-14. What is being expressed here?
181. Are there greater punishments in hell for greater sin? Or is one sin just as bad as another?
182. Skim Matthew 24. What is the context?
183. Did Judas want to betray Christ? Why or why not?
184. Use a verse from Matthew's gospel which proves the Trinity.
185. What is the purpose of a parable?
186. Jesus cast out demons (Mark 5), can we? Why or why not?
187. Use the Gospel of Mark and prove the doctrine of eternal punishment.
188. Read mark 10:26-27. What is being expressed here?
189. What garden was Jesus arrested?
190. What time of day did Jesus die?
191. What disciple (s) were present at the cross?
192. Of the sayings of the cross, what which impacts you the most and why?
193. who did Luke write his Gospel to?
194. Who was John the Baptist's mother?
195. In Matthew 5 we have a sermon on a mountain, in Luke 6 it is on the plain. Is this a problem with the reliability of the Bible?
196. What woman got up and began household chores after Jesus healed her of a fever?
197. Which disciple walked on water?
198. What is the meaning of the parable of the good Samaritan?
199. ...of the Mustard seed?
200. ...of the Lost Son?
201. ...of the persistent widow?
202. ...of the Pharisee and the tax collector?
203. ...of the parable of the Minas?
204. ...of the wicked vine dressers?
205. What two men tried Jesus?
206. Read Luke 24:45. What is being expressed here?
207. What is an ascension?"
208. What was Jesus' first miracle?
209. Read John 3:3. What is being expressed here?
210. Read John 5:21. What is being expressed here?
211. Read John 6:44, 6:65. How does this relate to the unsaved?
212. Read John 10:11-15. What is being expressed here?
213. Read John 15:16. What is being expressed here?
214. Who is the Comforter? Who is the second Comforter?
215. What does the second Comforter do for us according to Jesus?
216. What is the formal prayer Jesus prayed in John 17?
217. Read John 17:9. What is being expressed here?
218. During the crucifixion, name 3 things which were fulfilled from the OT.
219. Why did John write his Gospel?
220. who wrote the book of Acts?
221. What is the overall picture in Acts?
222. What 2 disciples stand out prominently in the book of Acts?
223. What disciple replaced Judas?
224. At Pentecost the 120 disciples spoke in what language?
225. What does it mean to "break bread?"
226. Read Acts 4:27-28. What is being expressed here?
227. Who is chosen to serve in Acts 6?
228. According to Acts 6, what is the biblical role of elders or ministers in the church?
229. What is a martyr?
230. Two people fell dead at Peter's feet. Who and why?
231. How many missionary journeys did Paul take?
232. Paul was a mentor to what young Pastor (s)?
233. What person did Paul appeal to be tried before?
234. Paul was a a) Tarsian b) Roman c) an apostle d) Jew e) all of the above
f) just b, c, d.
235. How many NT letters did Paul write?
Questions 236-281. Since the following are on the epistles, next to each chapter give a brief description of what is in each chapter. This is the "how well do I know the NT" section. (Do not use your Bible for this section.)