MMPI-2 (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2): I have just learned about the "MMPI 2 TEST" which is a scary, frightening psychological exam apparently given to government job applicants. I did not know anything about it because I've never worked for the government. (And never will, if they make you take this.) This thing is deranged.
Samples of questions (I just pulled a few of the bizarre ones that caught my eye and grouped them by categories) would frighten you. If you have to take this test to get a job, you're in bad shape.
Health-related questions that ask too much:
14. I have diarrhea once a month or more
18. I am very seldom troubled by constipation
29. I am bothered by acid stomach several times a week
Gonzo mental health:
15. Once in a while I think of things too bad to talk about
22. At times I have fits of laughing & crying that I cannot control
45. I do not always tell the truth
Intrusive Freudian psychoanalysis:
20. My sex life is satisfactory
37. I have never been in trouble because of my sex behavior
121. I have never indulged in unusual sex practices.
166. I am worried about sex.
209. I like to talk about sex.
222. Children should be taught all the main facts of sex.
Bizarre religious discrimination:
27. Evil spirits possess me at times
33. I have had very peculiar and strange experiences
50. My soul sometimes leaves my body
53. A minister can cure disease by praying and putting his hand on your head
58. Everything is turning out just like the prophets of the Bible said it would
94. Much of the time I feel as if I have done something wrong or evil.
57. I am a good mixer [Paint? Concrete? People? What do they mean? Many questions are ambiguous like this because it's hard to know what they're asking.]
61. I have not lived the right kind of life [By what definition of "right"?]
Utterly uninterpretable nonsense:
60. I do not read every editorial in the newspaper everyday [Who reads newspapers? This question is nonsense. If you don't read any editorials, you don't read "every editorial" but that implies you read some, so neither true nor false is an accurate answer.]
Plus there are bizarrely worded double-negative questions like "I do not always tell the truth" to which you answer true or false. I expect most people would not give the answer they intended to give because they would have trouble parsing the triple negative ("it's true that I do not always tell the truth").
And how can anyone believe the answers? The test-taker is assumed to be truthfully answering questions. Paradoxically, if you were honest, you'd admit that you do not always tell the truth, but in doing so you basically admit you'd lie on the test. I think this test is rigged so that the evaluator can draw any conclusion they like.
I would never get a job if I had to take this test. Not that I'd want a job that required this test.
You are absolutely correct. But your forgot a few gems like "Sometimes I like to wear womans shoes, just for kicks," and "sometimes I feel trapped in the constrains of gender" and other scary homosexual hinting questions. The whole thing is freaky but not as freaky as what these bird feathers tell the witch doctor. If you have too much morality your Obsessive Compulsive, too little, probably still are. Care at all about other people: Dependant. If you don't, well than your Antisoical. There is no way you can take this thing and not come out with some kind of awful label because there is no middle ground only disorderly extremes.