members, click to sign in..

3,705 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
DEC 25, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -39 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
About | 8 Days Left!
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  12/25/2014
THURSDAY, SEP 27, 2012  |  170 comments
Pastor Rick Warren Hospitalized, Awaiting Diagnosis

Pastor Rick Warren of Saddleback Church was hospitalized Tuesday after experiencing pain in his arms.

The renowned Southern California pastor will be undergoing a series of tests to determine what the cause is though the doctor's "diagnostic guess" is that he has an inner ear virus that may have spread to the nerves in his neck and down his arms.

"[P]ray for a quick and accurate diagnosis, a fast remedy," he asked his megachurch in an email Tuesday late afternoon.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianpost.com

  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Faith and Confession • Pastor John MacArthur | 1/7/2010
•  Greed-Driven Theology • Pastor John MacArthur | 1/4/2010
•  Albert Mohler on Joel Osteen • Dr. R. Albert Mohler, Jr. | 2/9/2008
•  Religion Encounters Worship • Jeff Lyle | 3/12/2006

   11/20/14  |  Rick Warren on gay marriage: 'The Church must not cave in' • 35 comments
   03/04/14  |  Rick Warren Calls Church to Mental Health Ministry • 6 comments
   03/04/14  |  Rick Warren Squashes Rumors; Says He Strongly Opposes Uganda's... • 37 comments
   02/16/14  |  Warren, LifeWay to release 'Son of God' study • 41 comments
   12/09/13  |  Rick Warren on Redefining Marriage: I Fear God's Disapproval... • 21 comments
MORE RELATED ( PURPOSE DRIVEN ) NEWS | MORE..
   12/24/14  |  'Traditional' families collapsing • 6 comments
   12/24/14  |  FDA recommends ending ban on blood donations from gay men • 5 comments
   12/24/14  |  Germans Gather to Sing Christmas Carols Against Islamisation • 36 comments
   12/23/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio iPhone + iPad Edition v3.9! • 100 comments
   12/22/14  |  Gunman executes cops as 'revenge' for Garner • 21 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   12/01/14  |  From Tyndale to Today: A New Study Bible • 34 comments
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 37 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   12/25/14  |  Best News Ever! • 17 comments
   12/24/14  |  Rush: Obama breaking down justice system • 7 comments
   12/24/14  |  'Traditional' families collapsing • 6 comments
   12/24/14  |  FDA recommends ending ban on blood donations from gay men • 5 comments
   12/24/14  |  Rising UK antisemitism • 4 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 7 ·  Found: 170 user comment(s)
News Item10/1/12 2:00 AM
idaho  Find all comments by idaho
pastor mike, looking forward to your response.
50

News Item10/1/12 1:06 AM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
Hi Idaho, I haven't had a chance to write you a reply, but I just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about you. Sundays are my busy day. I'm sorry. I'll post my thoughts soon. Thanks for your patience.

Michael Hranek wrote:
Satanist? Witchcraft? or don't you know yet?
Humanist.

KJB Believer wrote:
If you looked in the KJB you will notice that at least all of the medical advances are from the Bible
Great! Please give Harvard Medical a call with the chapter and verse in the Bible with the cure for Stage IV terminal cancer.

Direction and truth wrote:
The point raised about the common cold is to demonstrate how ignorant primitive unenlightened and indeed puerile mankind is in comparison to God.
I hope I don't need to remind you that the Figment of the human imagination you worship has yet to provide a cure for the common cold either.

Direction and truth wrote:
God warns you... that they all might be damned who believed not the truth
You've given up the debate and have resorted to threats. See my posting about the fallacy of ad hominem arguments.
49

News Item9/30/12 3:11 PM
Mike | Florida  Find all comments by Mike
Pastor mike. U say you are a evolutionist. Where did all things come from? How does nothing create something? Everything u have, was created and made. It did not just appear by chance. How do you explain, as a atheist and evolutionist? Thank you.
48

News Item9/30/12 1:57 PM
Direction and truth  Find all comments by Direction and truth
Pastor Mike wrote:
I'm the pastor of a church, and I'm also an atheist. It's a small invitation-only "house church" for like-minded individuals.
You are under the dominion and delusion of sin.

God states of the atheist;
"2Tim 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

God warns you;
"because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth"

47

News Item9/30/12 12:53 PM
Direction and truth  Find all comments by Direction and truth
ready to give an answer wrote:
This is "love even thy enemy"?
Instead of being just "nice" to the misguided reprobate you should try believing the Bible.

"Matt 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a **foolish** man, which built his house upon the sand:"

The word "foolish" here is from the Greek word "moros" - which is the masculine of the neuter Greek word "moron."

Do you believe Jesus words?

46

News Item9/30/12 11:47 AM
Direction and truth  Find all comments by Direction and truth
Pastor Mike wrote:
If one day a cure is found for the common cold, would it cause you to stop believing in God?
The point raised about the common cold is to demonstrate how ignorant primitive unenlightened and indeed puerile mankind is in comparison to God. Mankind is an unschooled child amongst genius and his progress is simplistic and torpid at best.

But man apparently is your god. Sadly.

God states
Man is a fool.
Even when man professes himself to be wise - in fact he is a fool.
Today in obvious moral corruption man slides further down down down.

Your future is an eternity in misery pain and suffering. Because you cannot receive the truth.

God describes society
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents.
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful" Rom 1.

This is true and is perceived by Elect Christians.

45

News Item9/30/12 7:34 AM
KJB Believer  Find all comments by KJB Believer
Pastor Mike wrote:
The point I made which you chose to ignore was that significant medical progress has been made, which includes cures for many diseases for which the same point you make about the common cold could have once been made. You haven't given any reason why the common cold should be any different given future advances in medical technology. This is called an argument from ignorance.
If you you looked in the KJB you will notice that at least all of the medical advances are from the Bible
44

News Item9/30/12 7:26 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Pastor Mike wrote:
I agree with you. Now please tell that to "Direction and Truth" who was the one who brought up the subject in the first place.
I don't get where you're coming from, then. First you said something to which there is disagreement:

"If one day a cure is found for the common cold, would it cause you to stop believing in God? If you're like most believers, I doubt it would. This is because religious belief is implacable to reason and evidence, and thus is not true knowledge."

Then you say you agree with the disagreement, in which I said:

"I'm afraid the only thing you could reason out of a cure for the common cold, is that a cure for the common cold was found. There can be no scientific evidence of there being no God in any such cure."

Who brought up the subject is irrelevant to that issue, don't you think?

43

News Item9/30/12 6:11 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Pastor Mike wrote:
If one day a cure is found for the common cold, would it cause you to stop believing in God?
On the contrary. When I realised that God had made man's constitution, in a wonderful and complex way, it made me think seriously about how the body is designed to work, and the fuel it requires to function, replacing cells continually as they die and maintaining the strength of the immune system.

For most of my life I had eaten junk or unnatural food or drink and normally got two common colds or worse every single year, and that went on for over 50 years. But the last 7 years I have not had one single cold nor caught any infectious disease.

Why bother trying to find a cure when the common cold can be prevented by correct eating, drinking, exercise, fresh air etc.?

You need to listen to your Maker, Mike.

42

News Item9/30/12 5:48 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Pastor Mike wrote:
I'm the pastor of a church, and I'm also an atheist. It's a small invitation-only "house church" for like-minded individuals.
Satanist?
Witchcraft?

or don't you know yet?

41

News Item9/30/12 2:49 AM
idaho  Find all comments by idaho
it looks like it cut off the rest of my post. oh well. gonna hit the sack.

pastor mike, i will be praying for you, since i do believe in The One True God. i look forward to checking back in the morning. g'night

40

News Item9/30/12 2:40 AM
idaho  Find all comments by idaho
i guess i should clarify. im on my mobil and somehow missed the "o" in idaho. by the way, thanks for the background info. i was a welder, drafter, then electrical designer and now a business owner. i have just a associate degree in welding. So, as i surmised i wont be out duelling you with words.

anyway. so i believe in God. you believe in evolution.(i assume) because i believe He has always existed and that the begining of time was at creation, i am exercizing faith since i wasnt there. likewise your "faith" is that either matter always existed or that in came into existace at some point in time. at that point by chance matter began to better itself through abnormal reproduction until it became something more developed. so by chance things kept getting better/more developed until here we are chatting about it all over invisible waves soaring through space. now a question. in high school i learned about newton's 2nd law of ... has that always existed or did it just start at a certain time? here is another thougjt that came to mind. if random chance and servival of the fittest is how we got to where we are, then shouldt we just let it keep improving us? if evolution an all it aspouses are true then why are we so comcerned by the effects of our choices? shouldnt

39

News Item9/30/12 12:30 AM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
idah wrote:
so here we go. im going to try to engage in a sport im not very good at. have you ever believed, or were raised to believe in a god or "The God"? not trying to get personal, just trying to get a picture of where you are cominh from.
i was raised in a home that believed in God/Christ. It is now my own belief/faith.
My friend, you're welcome to ask anything you'd like.

My answer to your question may sound rather autobiographical. I was raised in a Christian home, but was skeptical about the religion from my earliest memory. Four years of my young adulthood were spent wrestling with questions of faith. I ultimately concluded that my beliefs were without support.

I had the fortune of being born independently wealthy. Today I devote myself full-time to science and my ministry. I hold an undergraduate degree in biology and three masters degrees in psychology, divinity, and evolutionary biology. I'm the pastor of a church, and I'm also an atheist. It's a small invitation-only "house church" for like-minded individuals.

38

News Item9/30/12 12:15 AM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Pastor Mike wrote:
You also don't win debates through name calling. Unless you're a child in the schoolyard perhaps.
Sorry, I just assumed everyone would know that wasn't my wording or opinion. Actually my comment wasn't aimed at you at all, but to my brothers and sisters on this board. But, since you took it personally, the following is what I was referencing.

Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Now you may or not be aware, but to say that because scripture would call you a fool it isn't correct is poor logic. If you are a fool, why would it say otherwise.

Nice try though!

37

News Item9/30/12 12:02 AM
idah  Find all comments by idah
so here we go. im going to try to engage in a sport im not very good at. have you ever believed, or were raised to believe in a god or "The God"? not trying to get personal, just trying to get a picture of where you are cominh from.

i was raised in a home that believed in God/Christ. It is now my own belief/faith.

36

News Item9/29/12 11:34 PM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
idah wrote:
well, welcome. it looks like you are flying solo here. i dont agree with you, at all, but you are well spoken(written).
Thank you! You're very kind. It's good to be here with you in this vast on-line audio library of religious material.
35

News Item9/29/12 11:24 PM
idah  Find all comments by idah
well, welcome. it looks like you are flying solo here. i dont agree with you, at all, but you are well spoken(written).
34

News Item9/29/12 11:09 PM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
idah wrote:
Pastor Mike,
Are you for real, or just pulling our leg?
Hi Idah. I'm for real.
33

News Item9/29/12 10:55 PM
idah  Find all comments by idah
Pastor Mike,

Are you for real, or just pulling our leg?

32

News Item9/29/12 9:59 PM
ready to give an answer  Find all comments by ready to give an answer
Direction and truth wrote:
6000 years and this is the best explanation moron man can come up with? Sad isn't it.
Your god is an ignorant moron, pester.
This is "love even thy enemy"?
31
There are a total of 170 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 | last
Last PostTotal
The Christmas Truces of 1914: Peace in the Midst of War
ms: " mike cheer up folks. tomorrow the annual discussion on christmas will be..."
-34 min 94 
Best News Ever!
we don't do sabbaths from we're not jewish: " benfort god wrote recorded and..."
-5 hrs 17 
Can you question the Virgin Birth and still be a Christian?
alnine: "psalm 37:1 fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious..."
-6 hrs 10 


Salvation of the Lord
Dr. Steven J. Lawson
For Unto Us A Child Is Born

2013 Christmas Conference
Conference
Christ Church Presbyterian
Play! | MP4 | RSS


Robert Haling
God & Sinners Reconcile

A Christmas Message
Calvary Baptist Church
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
Idolatrous Works Religion

Book of Judges
Shreveport Grace Church
Play! | MP3

Blog 12/22/14
I'll Be Home for Christmas

New York Gospel Mission
merry chr­istm­as! hol­iday fest­iv­it­ies are in full swing...

Sponsor:
Top 10 Puritan Hare Drive Reviews

Wash­er, Beeke, Bauch­am, Benn­ett, Brown, Price, McM­ah­on, Johns­on, Dild­ay, Menc­ar­ow...
www.puritandownloads.com/bl..

Sermon: Why The Devil Hates Repentance
E. A. Johnston

SPONSOR | 4,800+

SPONSOR





                   
God wants us to be victors, not victims. ... W. A. Ward

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream

INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.