members, click to sign in..

3,956 active users!!Bandwidth
SATURDAY
DEC 20, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -22 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
About | $1 Signup!
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  12/20/2014
THURSDAY, SEP 27, 2012  |  170 comments
Pastor Rick Warren Hospitalized, Awaiting Diagnosis

Pastor Rick Warren of Saddleback Church was hospitalized Tuesday after experiencing pain in his arms.

The renowned Southern California pastor will be undergoing a series of tests to determine what the cause is though the doctor's "diagnostic guess" is that he has an inner ear virus that may have spread to the nerves in his neck and down his arms.

"[P]ray for a quick and accurate diagnosis, a fast remedy," he asked his megachurch in an email Tuesday late afternoon.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianpost.com

  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Greed-Driven Theology • Pastor John MacArthur | 1/4/2010
•  Albert Mohler on Joel Osteen • Dr. R. Albert Mohler, Jr. | 2/9/2008
•  The Church Growing • Richard Caldwell Jr. | 2/11/2004
•  Faith and Confession • Pastor John MacArthur | 1/7/2010

   11/20/14  |  Rick Warren on gay marriage: 'The Church must not cave in' • 35 comments
   03/04/14  |  Rick Warren Calls Church to Mental Health Ministry • 6 comments
   03/04/14  |  Rick Warren Squashes Rumors; Says He Strongly Opposes Uganda's... • 37 comments
   02/16/14  |  Warren, LifeWay to release 'Son of God' study • 41 comments
   12/09/13  |  Rick Warren on Redefining Marriage: I Fear God's Disapproval... • 21 comments
MORE RELATED ( PURPOSE DRIVEN ) NEWS | MORE..
   12/13/14  |  US Dept of Education to Schools: Let Students Choose if They Are... • 9 comments
   12/13/14  |  Kentucky Withdraws $18 Million in Tax Breaks for Noah's Ark... • 5 comments
   12/13/14  |  Homeschool mom sues 6 social workers for snatching kids • 4 comments
   12/12/14  |  The Vanishing Male Worker • 27 comments
   12/12/14  |  Even Christians who 'convert' get beheaded • 16 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   12/01/14  |  From Tyndale to Today: A New Study Bible • 34 comments
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 37 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   12/20/14  |  'Hip' church gives biblical Christians new label: 'Hater' • 3 comments
   12/20/14  |  US announces protections for transgender workers • 1 comments
   12/20/14  |  Vicar of Baghdad says that 'Jesus is all we have left'
   12/20/14  |  Pope Francis takes a victory lap after brokering US-Cuba... • 1 comments
   12/20/14  |  Elementary school allows Gideons International to distribute... • 1 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 6 ·  Found: 170 user comment(s)
News Item10/5/12 10:36 AM
verbiage  Find all comments by verbiage
idaho wrote:
what was your point with that comment?
It has to do with "tea" and "sea"

This profound remark highlights Pester Mike's post regarding the fella in the bed recovering - versus - the fella who has a quiet steady perseverance to bear up during the provocations.

ps; Pester Mike is just another reprobate bound for hell in ignorance of the truth.

70

News Item10/5/12 10:15 AM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
Idah wrote:
i have an uncle that believes similarly to you but wont talk about it.
That's interesting. I know your questions are sincere, and I apologize for not making that clear in my last posting. I'd like to wish you the best as well. I'm a frequent visitor to this website so I'm sure I'll see you on other discussion boards.
69

News Item10/5/12 8:52 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Phoebe wrote:
If you believe what you say you believe then thats all well and good. We die and feed the worms and someone grows their cabbages in us.
But if there is a God then you don't know anything about Him. Wouldn't it make more sense to get to know about God before the inevitable, no matter what we believe, happens? Death.
If you are correct, no harm done If you're wrong, well .. it would be embarrassing don't you think?
Either way there is no harm done the Christian who believes God.
Yours is a worthy appeal but, in Mike's case, be aware that he has a masters degree in divinity. He has been exposed to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and rejected Him as a figment of a diluded cult's imagination.

It must be concluded, then, that even though he has heard and read about the power of God unto salvation, God has chosen, at least up to this time, to not open his eyes, his ears or give him a heart to perceive. That is, unless you are a synergist in which case your appeal would be just as effective if made to the pope.

68

News Item10/5/12 2:37 AM
hmmm  Find all comments by hmmm
everything...
came from nothing...
by accident...
hmmmm...
67

News Item10/5/12 2:20 AM
Phoebe  Find all comments by Phoebe
Mike. If you really believed what you seem to be preaching, why are you here?
The universe, being created from no-one and coming from nothing could probably randomly and in error implode in the next 3 secs.
This would most likely cause another big bang resulting in a completely different species who have absolutely no knowledge of you.
But you don't believe that could happen do you?
You need to read back over your posts and observe the number of times you fill in the gaps with your positive imagination. You are like a man hopping from one insecure rock to another incase you fall into a world you haven't made yourself.

If you believe what you say you believe then thats all well and good. We die and feed the worms and someone grows their cabbages in us.
But if there is a God then you don't know anything about Him. Wouldn't it make more sense to get to know about God before the inevitable, no matter what we believe, happens? Death.
If you are correct, no harm done If you're wrong, well .. it would be embarrassing don't you think?
Either way there is no harm done the Christian who believes God.

66

News Item10/5/12 2:08 AM
Idah  Find all comments by Idah
pastor mike, my intention was never to trap you as i know you have been asked so many of these questions. i was just trying to understand where you come from and how you deal with some of these questions. the reason being, i have an uncle that believes similarly to you but wont talk about it. another thing, i know that i am not going to "save you" through these crazy internet duscusdions. i appreciate your candid answers and wish you the best.
65

News Item10/5/12 12:49 AM
idaho  Find all comments by idaho
jpw wrote:
"many patients" perhaps?
what was your point with that comment?
64

News Item10/4/12 11:26 PM
jpw  Find all comments by jpw
Pastor Mike wrote:
One of the reason I don't have much patients for these discussions
"many patients" perhaps?
63

News Item10/4/12 8:10 PM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
Mike wrote:
Where does the raw materials come from? ... Mike. Maybe the real reason u are a atheist, Is accountability.
Mike. My family will pray, that the Lord open your eyes. I pray u open the Bible alone. And the Lord open your eyes.
The raw materials often come from transcription errors in the genetic code. You'll find this spelled out in full detail in any introductory biology textbook.

The rest of your argument is ad hominem, and thus not worthy of serious reply. You Christians sure do love going after people personally, don't you? How is it that people who supposedly have the "Truth" find this so necessary?

One of the reason I don't have much patients for these discussions is that most of you didn't come to "faith" through a careful consideration of the evidence. These conversations about the second law of thermodynamics or genetics are for you an after thought which would never even enter your heads if it weren't for folks like me. You came to believe as you do usually through a childhood indoctrination program.

As for this "I'll be praying for you" business, it's nothing more than a passive-aggressive form of the ad hominem fallacy.

62

News Item10/4/12 3:02 PM
Mike | Florida  Find all comments by Mike
Where does the raw materials come from? It seems mike, It takes more faith to be an atheist and a evolutionist, rather then believing God did creat the heavens and earth. Mike. Maybe the real reason u are a atheist, Is accountability.
Mike. My family will pray, that the Lord open your eyes. I pray u open the Bible alone. And the Lord open your eyes.
61

News Item10/3/12 11:14 PM
Phoebe  Find all comments by Phoebe
"The Purpose Driven Lunatic"
60

News Item10/3/12 10:47 PM
mel  Contact via emailFind all comments by mel
What was the name of that heretical book he wrote?.
59

News Item10/3/12 4:43 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Pastor Mike wrote:
Humanist.
Ah! That explains a lot! and helps me to understand, not necessarily agree with, but understand where you are coming from.
58

News Item10/3/12 2:38 AM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
idaho wrote:
my full mental prowess is on display here. it wasnt newton. it was a french guy.
We'll call it even because I didn't catch your mistake. However, now that you point it out, I realize that I should have picked up on that.

idaho wrote:
without positive/constructive energy things that are in order would start to become out of order.
The key is 'without energy.' You've just explained why animals die without food and plants die without light. Energy is needed to arrest the tendency towards disorder.

idaho wrote:
that is why i feel the question of the natual/observable laws of our universe are important. did they change and will they change again? if so, then we are up a creek, because they are no longer laws that we can no longer count on because they may change on us down the road.
That's a very good point. I agree.

idaho wrote:
what is it that a humanist holds as yhe highest calling or main goal of ones life?
The highest calling is the advancement of humanity and the protection of life.
57

News Item10/3/12 1:56 AM
idaho  Find all comments by idaho
hello pastor mike,
my full mental prowess is on display here. it wasnt newton. it was a french guy. anyway, basically i think that the second law of thermodynamics states that through time, heat and energy things fall apart, not come together. which is why stuff left out in the sun for a couple of years looks awful. without positive/constructive energy things that are in order would start to become out of order. that is why i would question (among many other things) the extensive time frame that macro evolution would require. it seems that matter would not only have to better itself through chamce(very difficult odds) but also do so upstreem(2nd law of thermodynamics(the effects of temperature change, environment and energy) that is why i feel the question of the natual/observable laws of our universe are important. did they change and will they change again? if so, then we are up a creek, because they are no longer laws that we can no longer count on because they may change on us down the road.

on another note: what is it that a humanist holds as yhe highest calling or main goal of ones life?

56

News Item10/3/12 12:47 AM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
Mike wrote:
Where did all things come from? How does nothing create something? Everything u have, was created and made. It did not just appear by chance. How do you explain, as a atheist and evolutionist? Thank you.
Evolution doesn't teach that the lifeforms alive today are the result of pure chance. They're much too complex for that to have been probable. What it does teach is that chance provides the raw materials (genetic mutations which manifest as observable characteristics) on which natural selection can act, allowing complexity to build over time.

Evolution accounts for the diversity and complexity of life, but not it's origin. To explain the origin of life another theory is needed. The study of how life could have arose from nonliving material is called abiogenesis. This is still an area of active research. However, what evolution has done is to significantly lower the threshold of complexity which would need to be reached by chance alone.

I hope I've answered your question. There's more to learn than I can express here in writing, but I'm sure you'll be able to find more details online. Good luck to you!

55

News Item10/3/12 12:45 AM
jesus will save you  Find all comments by jesus will save you
Pastor Mike wrote:
My expertise is biology.
repent and believe the gospel
54

News Item10/3/12 12:16 AM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
idaho wrote:
here is another [thought] that came to mind. if random chance and servival of the fittest is how we got to where we are, then shouldt we just let it keep improving us? if evolution an all it aspouses are true then why are we so comcerned by the effects of our choices?
Excellent question!

The problem is that evolution isn't necessarily improving us; it's merely helping us (specially our genes) survive. Think of the whale going back to live in the water, although it had once lived on land, having originally come from the water. That's evolution's problem. It has no plans and no vision.

In the past the survival adaptations with which evolution has afforded humans have been an improvement. However this may not always continue to be the case. I can think of several scenarios where a change that society would consider an improvement wouldn't necessarily result in a survival advantage.

idaho wrote:
in high school i learned about newton's 2nd law of ... has that always existed or did it just start at a certain time?
You'd do better asking this question of a physicist. I honestly don't know if certain laws came into being as the universe developed or if they always existed. My expertise is biology.
53

News Item10/1/12 4:10 PM
Mike | Florida  Find all comments by Mike
I would like to have my question also answered!
52

News Item10/1/12 2:02 AM
idaho  Find all comments by idaho
by the way, anybody know how rick warren is doing?
51
There are a total of 170 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 | last
Last PostTotal
Midwestern, filmmaker partner for Spurgeon documentary
rebel: "lots of spurgeon worship at mbts"
-21 min 
Walmart now publicly 'pro-gay,' says activist
jim lincoln from nebraska: "i am somewhat surprised , chris, you haven't seen..."
-25 min 
'Hip' church gives biblical Christians new label: 'Hater'
marty m from usa: "against expositional preaching. .. pretty odd"
-30 min 


15 Concerto en Si Bemol
Andrew Quigley
Real Love Lived!

'One Off Sermons'
Sunday - AM
Airdrie Reformed Presbyterian
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Jon Couch
Faith In Christ Alone

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

Rob Cooper
Defined by God

A Response to Racism
Collinsville Bible Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Consider Him

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Play! | MP3

Robert Rubino
The Real Christmas Tree!

Galatians 6:14,15
Fellowship Baptist Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Sermon:
If the Lord Will
Ken Wimer

SPONSOR | 1,100+

SPONSOR





                   
None reverence the Lord more than they who know Him best. ... William Cowper

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream

INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.