members, click to sign in..

3,294 active users!!Bandwidth
SUNDAY
APR 20, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -2 hrs
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
SUNDAY, APRIL 20, 2014 | TIPS Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
COVER Page ALL News CHOICE VIDEOS User COMMENTS
SUNDAY, SEP 2, 2012| 61 comments
GOP Embraces Ecumenism

The Republican National Convention has been an ecumenical event, as people laid aside religious differences in the name of backing Mitt Romney and defeating President Obama.

At this year’s convention, others have stepped up to laud Mr. Romney and his religion, weaving a unified narrative about inclusivity that seems to have bridged fears that religion might somehow divide conservative voters, particularly evangelicals who have strong theological disagreements with Mormonism.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, himself a Southern Baptist minister, mended fences during his Wednesday night convention speech after Mr. Romney’s Mormon religion was an issue in the 2008 presidential primary, when the two men were rivals. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.washingtontimes.com

|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  A New Evangelical Downgrade: 1 • Dr. Peter Masters | 9/28/1996
•  Our Reformation Heritage • Albert N. Martin | 10/31/1980
•  Reformer William Tyndale • Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley | 3/1/1965
•  Is the Reformation Over? • Phil Johnson | 3/1/2006

   01/26/14  |  Catholic and Pentecostal clergy, church members worship together • 12 comments
   07/16/13  |  Iran’s Secret ‘Interfaith’ Outreach in America • 1 comments
   06/22/13  |  Baptists, Catholics join to fight abortion mandate • 26 comments
   02/16/13  |  Christianity Today: Catholics and Baptists Together • 65 comments
   02/08/13  |  Joint worship prompts church reprimand • 1 comments
MORE RELATED ( ECUMENICAL ) NEWS | MORE..
   04/16/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.2 for Android Mobile Devices • 48 comments
   04/16/14  |  As Titanic sank, he pleaded, 'believe in the Lord Jesus!' • 9 comments
   04/13/14  |  Feminists Go Bonkers Over Kirsten Dunst’s One, Simple Comment • 39 comments
   04/13/14  |  U2's Bono Opens Up About Jesus, God And Praying With His Kids • 11 comments
   04/09/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: Kindle Fire + Nook Tablet Version 2.2! • 11 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
   07/27/13  |  3 Dead When Bus Carrying Teens Crashes in Indiana • 34 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 3 ·  Found: 61 user comment(s)
News Item9/3/12 10:47 PM
Frank | Clearwater, FL  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Jim Lincoln wrote:
1 Corinthians 6
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God.---NASB
This is reason enough to vote for Obama.
Jim, there is no reason that anyone who is genuinely in the faith can give for voting for Obama. I would discuss Romney as well, but your comment pertains to Obama. He believes in and ecourages others to murder innocent little babies and he believes in and encourages men with men and women with women.

Now if you are going to respond to this, please stay on topic and that topic is can a genuine Christian vote for Obama.

21

News Item9/3/12 7:50 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Frank wrote:
Mike, thanks for the response. Yes, I use to vote; in fact the last election is the only one that I skipped. I have no objection to people who choose to vote: just who they vote for.
But now for some specifics.
Perhaps, the Lord does use the vote in our society, but there is no scriptural mandate to vote. A conscience thing?
I serve whoever is in office by paying my taxes and by not breaking any laws that I am aware of. Daniel didn't vote for N or decide his office in any way.
Yes, God can humble any man, Obama or Romney. You aren't saying that only applies to Romney are you?
I certainly see your logic on voting, but I believe that not voting is also participating in God's plan. Like you said, the lack of a vote is in some sense a vote. But, what about those countries with Christians who do not elect via the vote? Does that make God impotent or those Christians less important because they can't vote?
I repect your conscientious decision, Frank.

No, I don't think humbling applies only to Romney. I figure Obama will be humbled by losing the election. Well, I suppose he can always blame Bush.

Re your last question, no not less important at all. We are privileged to have a hand in picking those who govern.

20

News Item9/3/12 7:13 PM
Frank | Clearwater, FL  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Mike wrote:
for the vote is how the Lord chooses in this land, no?

Daniel wasn't less a Godly man for doing so.

And N. was also humbled by God:
Daniel 5:21

God can humble a Mormon. I've personally seen it done. Seems to me that voting must be participating in God's plan. Staying home? Not so sure.

Mike, thanks for the response. Yes, I use to vote; in fact the last election is the only one that I skipped. I have no objection to people who choose to vote: just who they vote for.
But now for some specifics.

Perhaps, the Lord does use the vote in our society, but there is no scriptural mandate to vote. A conscience thing?

I serve whoever is in office by paying my taxes and by not breaking any laws that I am aware of. Daniel didn't vote for N or decide his office in any way.

Yes, God can humble any man, Obama or Romney. You aren't saying that only applies to Romney are you?

I certainly see your logic on voting, but I believe that not voting is also participating in God's plan. Like you said, the lack of a vote is in some sense a vote. But, what about those countries with Christians who do not elect via the vote? Does that make God impotent or those Christians less important because they can't vote?

19

News Item9/3/12 6:57 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Frank wrote:
But Mike, both men are clearly serving Satan, so who am I to decide which evil man to elect. I think the Lord is capable of deciding this sort of thing because He alone can see the big picture, so to speak.
---
Either the Lord decides or you do, Frank. If it be the Lord as you say, your vote is part of the plan, for the vote is how the Lord chooses in this land, no?

Remember the unbeliever Nebuchadnezzar, who was given glory by God, and was faithfully served by Daniel? Daniel wasn't less a Godly man for doing so.

Daniel 5:18 "O thou king, the most high God gave Nebuchadnezzar thy father a kingdom, and majesty, and glory, and honour:"

And N. was also humbled by God:

Daniel 5:21 "And he was driven from the sons of men; and his heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild asses: they fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven; till he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that he appointeth over it whomsoever he will"

"till he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men..."

God can humble a Mormon. I've personally seen it done. Seems to me that voting must be participating in God's plan. Staying home? Not so sure.

18

News Item9/3/12 6:40 PM
Frank | Clearwater, FL  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John UK wrote:
Frank, I do not blame you one little bit. I know very little or nothing about politics, but I do know that it would be going against my own conscience to vote for murdering men in the UK, of which all parties are guilty. I've not voted for years.
And I really thank you for the Bible verse you quoted. It is the sort of encouragement I need to press on toward the mark. To be separated unto God, full of faith in his promises, and to be a stranger and a pilgrim on the earth is my desire. And I am after it with insufficient zeal and purpose. Och, the ol' man is a nasty man!
Well John, you have no idea how much you have been an encouragement to me and I'm sure to others, so if the Lord blessed you through that scripture then I will thank Him tonight.

Just think, one day the old man won't even be an issue.

1 Corinthians 15:48. As is the earthy, so also are those who are earthy; and as is the heavenly, so also are those who are heavenly.
49. Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly. 50. Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

My friend, we are both strangers ...

17

News Item9/3/12 6:29 PM
Asa | Arizona  Find all comments by Asa
The great falling away!!! 2thess. 2:3.
16

News Item9/3/12 6:17 PM
Frank | Clearwater, FL  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Mike wrote:
Sorry Frank, whether you vote or not, you are making a choice. Since there are significantly more registered Democrats than Republicans, staying home is effectively voting for Obama.
PS Caesar Augustus belonged to Satan, too. But Joseph and Mary didn't refuse to help the Roman cause when they went to Bethlehem to be taxed. In fact doing so led to fulfillment of prophecy of the Lord's birth there. Vote with clear conscience, the Lord knows what he's doing.
But Mike, both men are clearly serving Satan, so who am I to decide which evil man to elect. I think the Lord is capable of deciding this sort of thing because He alone can see the big picture, so to speak.

Isaiah 46:8. Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors. 9. Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10. Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: 11. Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

15

News Item9/3/12 5:29 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Frank wrote:
Heh John! I have solved the dilemma at least for myself. I am simply not going to vote at all. Both men belong to Satan; one is a wolf and the other a wolf in sheep's clothing, although not so cleverly disguised. I refuse to help the Mormon cause and I refuse to help someone who publicly supports abortion and homosexuality. I'll leave the outcome to the Lord's capable hands.
Hebrews 11:13. These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. KJV
Frank, I do not blame you one little bit. I know very little or nothing about politics, but I do know that it would be going against my own conscience to vote for murdering men in the UK, of which all parties are guilty. I've not voted for years.

And I really thank you for the Bible verse you quoted. It is the sort of encouragement I need to press on toward the mark. To be separated unto God, full of faith in his promises, and to be a stranger and a pilgrim on the earth is my desire. And I am after it with insufficient zeal and purpose. Och, the ol' man is a nasty man!

14

News Item9/3/12 5:10 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Frank wrote:
Heh John! I have solved the dilemma at least for myself. I am simply not going to vote at all. Both men belong to Satan; one is a wolf and the other a wolf in sheep's clothing, although not so cleverly disguised. I refuse to help the Mormon cause and I refuse to help someone who publicly supports abortion and homosexuality. I'll leave the outcome to the Lord's capable hands.
---
Sorry Frank, whether you vote or not, you are making a choice. Since there are significantly more registered Democrats than Republicans, staying home is effectively voting for Obama.

PS Caesar Augustus belonged to Satan, too. But Joseph and Mary didn't refuse to help the Roman cause when they went to Bethlehem to be taxed. In fact doing so led to fulfillment of prophecy of the Lord's birth there. Vote with clear conscience, the Lord knows what he's doing.

13

News Item9/3/12 4:43 PM
Frank | Clearwater, FL  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John UK wrote:
Seems like Romney is God's choice for this time, so all men had better start giving him the respect God's expects them to give.
In fact, not voting for Romney would be rebellion against God.
Heh John! I have solved the dilemma at least for myself. I am simply not going to vote at all. Both men belong to Satan; one is a wolf and the other a wolf in sheep's clothing, although not so cleverly disguised. I refuse to help the Mormon cause and I refuse to help someone who publicly supports abortion and homosexuality. I'll leave the outcome to the Lord's capable hands.

Hebrews 11:13. These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. KJV

12

News Item9/3/12 4:06 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Mike wrote:
Jim has to get all his Romney bad, Obama good, talking points in before the election, for afterward, by his own words, Jim won't be able to say anything negative about him as long as he is in office. And as we know, Jim has said God puts in office whomever he wants. Can't go against God, can we Jim? I reckon Jim will continue to try to help him make up his mind, though.
Seems like Romney is God's choice for this time, so all men had better start giving him the respect God's expects them to give.

In fact, not voting for Romney would be rebellion against God.

11

News Item9/3/12 3:25 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Jim has to get all his Romney bad, Obama good, talking points in before the election, for afterward, by his own words, Jim won't be able to say anything negative about him as long as he is in office. And as we know, Jim has said God puts in office whomever he wants. Can't go against God, can we Jim? I reckon Jim will continue to try to help him make up his mind, though.
10

News Item9/3/12 3:10 PM
sprightly  Find all comments by sprightly
Jim Lincoln wrote:
This is reason enough to vote for Obama
Oh Jim.
You've committed the sin!!!

Surely even you can see Jim, that if some in the church can use modern versions -- THEN you can vote for Romney.

9

News Item9/3/12 3:00 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
1 Corinthians 6
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God.---NASB

Ah, the above means I can't print up a lot of nice looking deeds and sell them to Evangelicals because they are such a gullible lot or really Let's overlook the fact that Mr. Romney is using this candidacy as an advertisement campaign for Mormonism, can one vote for a person so unprincipled as to first embrace Romneycare and then reject so he can gain power? This is reason enough to vote for Obama.

However, the Republican Party waved the bloody red flag to remind people how they were the party that supported the Union, and it worked. They controlled Congress for 70 years? Now they have found another bunch to keep them in power (Shame on you! Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the middle of wolves: be you therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.--Darby) Turning your minds off and letting the likes of Ralph Reed,Full Show: The Resurrection of Ralph Reed do your thinking!

8

News Item9/3/12 10:50 AM
Then there are the facts  Find all comments by Then there are the facts
Nothing but the truth wrote:
Can a person be a true believer and still vote for a mormon as president? Does doing so impact his standing before God?
Paul writes
1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good..." Rom 13.

Considering they were under military occupation at this time, that is a powerful statement on governments. I imagine an American mormon in the Whitehouse is less of a problem than a foreign military power. Anyway wouldn't the mormon in the Whitehouse confirm the First Amendment.

7

News Item9/2/12 10:45 PM
jpw  Find all comments by jpw
uh Josie, et al, Laura was always prochoice and pro gay marriage. and romney was prochoice and then prolife and then prochoice and then prolife.

and 1,000,000 lives lost in Iraq with Christians having to flee for their lives with Christian crucifixtions...

I am still wondering what babies are being saved.

6

News Item9/2/12 10:18 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Nothing but the truth wrote:
---
Do they really want Obama gone so much that they would sacrifice the testimony of Jesus Christ?
That could only happen if the testimony of Jesus Christ existed in the White House now.
5

News Item9/2/12 7:23 PM
Josie | usa  Find all comments by Josie
It boils down to this. Voting for Romney would at least potentially protect some preborn babies from being murdered (though Romney does not speak much about being prolife). On the other hand, he is a member of a very deceptive and sinister religion that pretends to be Christian. If it was just a different faith and he said I am not Christian but I share your values, that would be alright. The utter deception of Mormonism is what bothers a lot of Christians.
4

News Item9/2/12 7:01 PM
Nothing but the truth  Find all comments by Nothing but the truth
Can a person be a true believer and still vote for a mormon as president? Does doing so impact his standing before God?

I just went to the LDS website to learn more about what Mormonism has to say about God, Jesus Christ, etc. Boy was I surprised! They teach some weird and totally unbiblical stuff. God(the father) has a human body, Satan and Jesus are brothers, Christ is coming back to establish his kingdom in the United States, no hell. Do so-called evangelicals like Huckabee and others know this?

Do they really want Obama gone so much that they would sacrifice the testimony of Jesus Christ?

3

News Item9/2/12 4:01 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Jim Lincoln wrote:
It embraced what was politically advantageous to itself years ago!
---
The problem of Republican Corruption is something that Republicans refuse to fix. So the way to fix that is to vote them out
---
, As far as I paid attention the parts of the Democratic one I take a red marker to is queer marriages and abortions, There economic plan is much better than the Republican one, q.v., Democrats Economic Platform: Supporting Small Business, Education The Republicans have nothing in this area except how to make sure lining their pockets goes on unhindered.
If the Democrats actually had a plan, not speeches, you might think they would have put it into effect by now, especially since they owned the House, Senate, and presidency the 1st two years, and the Senate and presidency the last two. Their "plan" would continue to wreck small business,(spread the wealth around, bla bla) and continue funding dumbing down of schools, (Obama gonna give me money, bla bla)and remove what little of moral backbone is left. The most corrupt Repub could take advanced corruption lessons from any Democrat. But we do have dumb slogans, like "forward" to help naive knee-jerk liberal America-haters avoid thinking.
2
There are a total of 61 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 2 [3] 4 | last
Last PostTotal
How far have we fallen? A postage stamp will honor a sexual...
penny: "next verse: 'he that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that..."
-2 hrs 11 
Is the Name “Easter” of Pagan Origin?
penned: " jew inwardly sin and unbelief applies to all people; not just religious..."
-2 hrs 52 
Gardasil: Greatest Medical Scandal of All Time
h b stowe from ca: "vaccinations continue to harm mass amounts of children: hpv and..."
-3 hrs 


The Christian's Full Assurance


E. A. Johnston
God's Love-Letter

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Lewis Kiger
The Power of the Gospel

Memorial Heights Baptist
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

Lewis Kiger
What would it profit?

Memorial Heights Baptist
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
Our Lord's Grave

Gospel of John
Shreveport Grace Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

See what Paul Washer calls the most useful Bible study tool in hist­ory. Click here!
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..

Sermon:
Forsaken
Pastor Joseph LoSardo






                   
Life asks no questions that faith cannot answer. ... Anonymous
Site-Wide RSS & Podcast | Help
Select Podcast Format | Help

HTML Embed | More
Flash Widget | More
Our Staff Picks | Info
Featured Sermon | More

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
ROKU TV
Kindle Reader

FOLLOW
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
HELP
RSS & Podcasts
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Favorites
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

NEWSLETTER
View Latest Issue
Subscribe
Unsubscribe | Change
Privacy Policy
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
QR Codes New!
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes | WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | API | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.
Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads

CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.