members, click to sign in..

5,276 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
AUG 21, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -4 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  8/21/2014
WEDNESDAY, JUL 3, 2013  |  43 comments
State, Gay Couple Sue Christian Flower Shop

The state attorney general argues she discriminated. Stutzman's attorney says the case is not about discrimination but freedom of religion.

On Friday, her attorney asked Benton County Superior Court Judge Salvador Mendoza to recuse himself because he knows one of the plaintiffs.

Mendoza was on the board of Columbia Basin College where plaintiff Curt Freed teaches. But the judge refused to step down from the case, saying he did not know Freed outside of interacting with him during board meetings. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.cbn.com

Sri Lanka - Spiritual Warfare
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Sri Lanka - Spiritual WarfarePaul Fountain | 1/30/2009
•  Remember The Prisoners • Albert N. Martin | 1/26/2003
•  The Coming Final PersecutionDr. Steven J. Lawson | 10/11/2009
•  A Massacre This Christmas?! • Rev Ian Brown | 12/22/2008

   08/10/14  |  Plight of persecuted Christians raised in Scottish Parliament • 4 comments
   08/07/14  |  Canadian Christian couple detained in China • 2 comments
   08/05/14  |  The IRS Thinks You're a Terrorist • 5 comments
   08/05/14  |  Muslims Hack Off Christian Man's Head After Forcing Him to Deny... • 41 comments
   08/05/14  |  Boko Haram attacks five churches in Northern Nigeria • 2 comments
MORE RELATED ( PERSECUTION ) NEWS | MORE..
   08/20/14  |  Legal-Courts Same-sex 'marriage' freight train derailed in Tenn. • 2 comments
   08/18/14  |  Former FBI says only way to defeat Islam is to crush it • 38 comments
   08/17/14  |  Creation Museum breaks ground on Noah's Ark project • 8 comments
   08/15/14  |  More Unmarried New Moms Cohabiting • 11 comments
   08/12/14  |  5-Year-Old Christian Boy Cut in Half by ISIS Terrorists • 17 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   08/21/14  |  A bad week for Common Core • 4 comments
   08/21/14  |  Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown,... • 9 comments
   08/21/14  |  High School Student Claims She Was Suspended For Saying ‚ÄėBless... • 3 comments
   08/21/14  |  Prayer service for Atlantic City casinos • 2 comments
   08/21/14  |  Southern Baptist Leaders: Christians Should Make Themselves... • 4 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 2 ·  Found: 43 user comment(s)
News Item7/8/13 11:04 AM
Barty  Find all comments by Barty
Frank wrote:
But, one could argue that practically everything we do commercially in life supports the unsaved more than the saved. So where do we draw the lines?
Frank. Is it not more about the end result than just the commodity being sold?

If we sell a can of beans to the homosexual then the end result is irrelevant.

But if we sell a wedding cake to the homosexuals then this contributes to the (societies) acceptance of the reason for the "wedding" cake - ie same sex marriage?

23

News Item7/8/13 10:56 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Frank wrote:
I look at it as sort of a conscience thing. If the Christian baker thought it was wrong, then they should simply refuse to do it regardless of the consequences. But, one could argue that practically everything we do commercially in life supports the unsaved more than the saved. So where do we draw the lines?
[17] Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin. (Jam 4:17 KJV)
[23] And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because [he eateth] not of faith: for whatsoever [is] not of faith is sin. (Rom 14:23 KJV)
John Y was saying it was sinful, but he would pretend to obey the Lord by baking the bad cake.
Frank
Just a quick post.
A godly conscience is an great enemy to an evil totalatrian state and its tyrants.

And a great and wonderful ally of a God-fearing state and righteous rulers.

22

News Item7/8/13 10:40 AM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Christopher000 wrote:
John Yurich USA from USA writes:
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Thanks for your answer. So, you do see from the many post from the good brethren here, that what you read there is bad advice?
Yes I now see that I was in error to state those things. I now believe that a Christian florist, baker and photographer should refuse service to homosexuals for a homosexual wedding.
Well, how about that! Great!
I look at it as sort of a conscience thing. If the Christian baker thought it was wrong, then they should simply refuse to do it regardless of the consequences. But, one could argue that practically everything we do commercially in life supports the unsaved more than the saved. So where do we draw the lines?

[17] Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin. (Jam 4:17 KJV)

[23] And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because [he eateth] not of faith: for whatsoever [is] not of faith is sin. (Rom 14:23 KJV)

John Y was saying it was sinful, but he would pretend to obey the Lord by baking the bad cake.

21

News Item7/8/13 8:07 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
John Yurich USA from USA writes:
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Thanks for your answer. So, you do see from the many post from the good brethren here, that what you read there is bad advice?
Yes I now see that I was in error to state those things. I now believe that a Christian florist, baker and photographer should refuse service to homosexuals for a homosexual wedding.

Well, how about that! Great!

20

News Item7/8/13 7:25 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Thanks for your answer. So, you do see from the many post from the good brethren here, that what you read there is bad advice?
Yes I now see that I was in error to state those things. I now believe that a Christian florist, baker and photographer should refuse service to homosexuals for a homosexual wedding.
19

News Item7/8/13 6:48 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Thanks for your answer. So, you do see from the many post from the good brethren here, that what you read there is bad advice?
It sure is bad advice, US.

All that we do, we do it as unto the Lord:

Colossians 3:23-25 KJV
23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
25 But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

18

News Item7/8/13 5:54 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
Christian Post I believe. Although it is totally superfluous what website it is. All that you guys have to know is that it was not a Catholic website but an Evangelical Protestant website.
Thanks for your answer. So, you do see from the many post from the good brethren here, that what you read there is bad advice?
17

News Item7/8/13 5:09 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
What was that website?
Christian Post I believe. Although it is totally superfluous what website it is. All that you guys have to know is that it was not a Catholic website but an Evangelical Protestant website.
16

News Item7/8/13 4:58 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
What was that website?
Maybe a figment of John's vivid imagination?
15

News Item7/7/13 9:54 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
It was not a Catholic site but an Evangeilcal Protestant site.
Frank, No, my thoughts on this subject are not Catholic because I got those ideas from an Evangelical Protestant site.
What was that website?
14

News Item7/7/13 11:06 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Frank wrote:
Yes, and I would be the first to admit to failing miserably in this area. What I was referring to is a "systemic" denial of our Lord through compromise. In other words, when it serves their purposes. Christ never told Peter, it was okay to deny Him, etc. And, He doesn't tell the baker it is okay to bake a bad cake. YOU AND I AGREE.
We sure do bro!

It would be a very poor church which taught such things were okay.

This is a far cry from daily confessing of faults, which all believers engage in because we are so imperfect.

13

News Item7/7/13 10:33 AM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John UK wrote:
Thanks Frank, I didn't know that. I would hope that by God's grace we should not be so unfaithful or disloyal to the Master. I realise that out of fear of his life, Abram told lies about his wife (twice), similarly David feigned madness, and before Pentecost Peter denied the Lord. But in the general sense, because of the indwelling Spirit of God, the Christian will stand firm, as Tyndale and Luther et al. When filled with the Holy Ghost, any believer can be fearless to do exploits, caring nothing about his life because seeking a new city, the celestial one. But without the Spirit, this life becomes the driving force.
Johnny Yurich ought to be right ashamed of his comments.
Yes, and I would be the first to admit to failing miserably in this area. What I was referring to is a "systemic" denial of our Lord through compromise. In other words, when it serves their purposes. Christ never told Peter, it was okay to deny Him, etc. And, He doesn't tell the baker it is okay to bake a bad cake. YOU AND I AGREE.
12

News Item7/7/13 6:27 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
John Yurich USA wrote:
It was not a Catholic site but an Evangeilcal Protestant site.
Maybe nominally evangelical and nominally Protestant, but obviously not holding to evangelical and Protestant principles. You need to be careful John when visiting sites on the web, and be a bit more discerning.
11

News Item7/7/13 5:13 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
John UK wrote:
Must have been a Catholic site.
Because of the new nature, a Christian cannot tell lies, or be deceptive, or deliberately sell faulty goods; it's a conscience thing as well. The unregenerate can do these things and sleep at night; not so a genuine believer in Jesus Christ.
It was not a Catholic site but an Evangeilcal Protestant site.

Frank, No, my thoughts on this subject are not Catholic because I got those ideas from an Evangelical Protestant site.

10

News Item7/7/13 3:28 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Frank wrote:
Very well said Pilgrim; I agree fully. I wonder if John Y understands your point. His thoughts are certainly Catholic. During the crusades they had a thought of convert to Islam if captured and then simply repent later. And I can assure you in the communist countries, they cooperated fully with the government using the same thought process. In order to be relevant you have to exist, so compromise where necessary in order to exist.
Thanks Frank, I didn't know that. I would hope that by God's grace we should not be so unfaithful or disloyal to the Master. I realise that out of fear of his life, Abram told lies about his wife (twice), similarly David feigned madness, and before Pentecost Peter denied the Lord. But in the general sense, because of the indwelling Spirit of God, the Christian will stand firm, as Tyndale and Luther et al. When filled with the Holy Ghost, any believer can be fearless to do exploits, caring nothing about his life because seeking a new city, the celestial one. But without the Spirit, this life becomes the driving force.

Johnny Yurich ought to be right ashamed of his comments.

9

News Item7/6/13 7:18 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John UK wrote:
Must have been a Catholic site.
Because of the new nature, a Christian cannot tell lies, or be deceptive, or deliberately sell faulty goods; it's a conscience thing as well. The unregenerate can do these things and sleep at night; not so a genuine believer in Jesus Christ.
Very well said Pilgrim; I agree fully. I wonder if John Y understands your point. His thoughts are certainly Catholic. During the crusades they had a thought of convert to Islam if captured and then simply repent later. And I can assure you in the communist countries, they cooperated fully with the government using the same thought process. In order to be relevant you have to exist, so compromise where necessary in order to exist.
8

News Item7/6/13 1:57 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
John Yurich USA wrote:
Those Christians on that other site don't believe it is sin or dishonest for a Christian florist, baker and photographer to provide to a homosexual wedding wilted flowers, a cake that tastes awful from having too much salt in it and the photographer leaving the lens cap on the camera during the wedding.
Must have been a Catholic site.

Because of the new nature, a Christian cannot tell lies, or be deceptive, or deliberately sell faulty goods; it's a conscience thing as well. The unregenerate can do these things and sleep at night; not so a genuine believer in Jesus Christ.

7

News Item7/6/13 12:06 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
If you give one person one kind service due to the fact they share your "sexual preference" and then you give a different type of service to someone based upon the fact they have a "sexual preference" with which you disagree, then you have exactly the problem for which you are being sued, discrimination. You are choosing to discriminate based upon a person's belief system. You lose the lawsuit. Are you saying, John Y, they should practice discrimination??? (see James 2:1-4 for guidelines for being discriminatory)

Great comment Michael, cannot drum up more business by giving lousy service.

6

News Item7/6/13 11:06 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
John Yurich USA wrote:
On another site article pertaining to this subject matter there were Christians who stated exactly the same thing I stated in how to do deal with homosexuals requesting services from a Christian florist, baker or photographer. Those Christians on that other site don't believe it is sin or dishonest for a Christian florist, baker and photographer to provide to a homosexual wedding wilted flowers, a cake that tastes awful from having too much salt in it and the photographer leaving the lens cap on the camera during the wedding.
JY
Ahhhh! So you found some (quote) Christians (end of quote) who fudged on being honest and didn't see anything wrong with taking someone's money dishonestly (failing to give fresh flowers and good cake) I quess you can be proud of yourselves you've got this thing figured out. Yup, yup, yup like that really sounds like genuine Biblical Christianity. I guess you can get yourself a cake business and try it out and see how good it works for you. Let's see sewed because your a Christian, I don't think so. Sewed because the cake you were obligated to cook is deliberately awful, there you go.

Really go try it in the real world.

5

News Item7/6/13 10:27 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
On another site article pertaining to this subject matter there were Christians who stated exactly the same thing I stated in how to do deal with homosexuals requesting services from a Christian florist, baker or photographer. Those Christians on that other site don't believe it is sin or dishonest for a Christian florist, baker and photographer to provide to a homosexual wedding wilted flowers, a cake that tastes awful from having too much salt in it and the photographer leaving the lens cap on the camera during the wedding.
John Y, I kindly ask that you just respond to my question and not tell me what others have or are doing. How is what your advocating fulfilling Colossians 3:23 (KJV)"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men"? as Alexander Hamilton (he is on our $10 bill ) has said, "he that stands for nothing will fall for anything."
4
There are a total of 43 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 [2] 3 | last
Last PostTotal
Pope Francis Says Radical Islam Must Be Stopped
observer: " stever the evangelical universe has a significant population with..."
-4 min 33 
Revelation: Robin Williams 'accepted Jesus Christ'
john uk from wales: " jessica dawson thank you john, i am encouraged by your..."
-10 min 37 
Southern Baptist Leaders: Christians Should Make Themselves...
wayfarer pilgrim from lubbock,tx: "courting should be encouraged as opposed to..."
-22 min 


The Sin of Unbelief
Richard Warmack
Made Nigh By The Blood, Pt 2

Studies In Ephesians
Sunday School
Grace Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Dr. Kenny Rhodes
drkennyrhodes

11. Philosophical Apologetics
Reason For Hope Ministries
Transcript!Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
America Revival Or Ruin

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Staff Pick!Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
How To Have A Quiet Time

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Prayer Meeting
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Event: Feb 19-21, 2015
2015 Ligonier National Conference

After Darkness, Light
Conference
Ligonier Ministries

Event: Sep 18-19, 2014
Counsel the Word Conference

Sufficiency of Scripture
Conference
Southern Seminary

Sponsor: Paul Washer on Puritan HD:
www.puritandownloads.com/pa..






                   
Truth must be spoken, however it be taken. ... John Trapp

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.