members, click to sign in..

3,105 active users!!Bandwidth
FRIDAY
MAR 27, 2015
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -30 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  3/27/2015
THURSDAY, JAN 15, 2009  |  43 comments
Most Americans Pick and Choose Religious Beliefs
The majority of American adults pick and choose their religious beliefs to create, in essence, a “customized” religion rather than adopting the set of beliefs taught by a particular church, a new study found.

By a three to one margin (71 percent to 26 percent), Americans say they are more likely to personally develop their own set of religious beliefs than accept a comprehensive set of beliefs taught by a church or denomination, a Barna study, released Monday, shows.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
christianpost.com

Christ's death relevant today?
  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Evidences of Genuine Faith • Dr. Mark Minnick | 3/8/2011
•  Defending the Christian Faith • Ken Ham | 8/30/2007
•  Christ's death relevant today?Dr. Alan Cairns | 4/6/2009
•  Faith vs. presumption?Dr. Alan Cairns | 11/2/2009

   01/15/15  |  Is Britain still Christian? • 4 comments
   09/17/14  |  Rush Limbaugh 'shocks socks off' with Bible truth • 4 comments
   07/24/14  |  Faith is a ‘virus’, columnist claims • 8 comments
   06/24/14  |  John Piper: Watching Nudity on Shows Like 'Game of Thrones' Is... • 27 comments
   05/19/14  |  Kerry: Keep faith in government • 10 comments
MORE RELATED ( FAITH ) NEWS | MORE..
   03/20/15  |  SermonAudio Tip: Helping to Promote the Local Church in So Many... • 15 comments
   03/19/15  |  Daughter of Two Moms Comes Out Against Gay Marriage • 3 comments
   03/19/15  |  Ex-Apple Designer Rethinks The Bible For A Mobile World • 1 comments
   03/19/15  |  PCUSA embraces sodomy • 18 comments
   03/14/15  |  More than 40,000 rally for Navy chaplain accused of being... • 4 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   02/15/15  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2015 Family Conference at... • 4 comments
   01/01/15  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 10 comments
   12/01/14  |  From Tyndale to Today: A New Study Bible • 34 comments
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 37 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 2 ·  Found: 43 user comment(s)
News Item1/16/09 5:31 PM
S. Smith  Find all comments by S. Smith
hidemi williges wrote:
DJC49 and Rogerant,
Speak on brothers!
Hidemi,

"Bad company corrupts good morals."

23

News Item1/16/09 4:23 PM
hidemi williges | san francisco, ca  Find all comments by hidemi williges
DJC49 and Rogerant,

Speak on brothers!

22

News Item1/16/09 2:00 PM
DJC49 | Florida  Contact via emailFind all comments by DJC49
John Yurich USA wrote:
Well you assumed wrong that none of my fellow Catholics know about my conversion. I have told other Catholics ON DISCUSSION FORUMS that I was converted to Jesus by praying to Jesus and asking Him to become my Savior and Lord and that they must receive Jesus as their Personal Savior and Lord in order to gain entrance into Heaven. And I have also told other Catholics ON DISCUSSION FORUMS that Baptism, the Sacraments and church membership are all totally superfluous to gaining entrance into Heaven. I am not blind to anything since I believe that salvation is by Justification By Faith in Jesus alone.
John Yurich USA,
When I stated that: "you don't share the truth; you hide the light given you under a bushel; you tell none of your fellow Catholics about your (supposed) salvation by faith alone in Christ." I was NOT referring to INTERNET DISCUSSION FORUMS where, like this one, you can remain anonymous! I was talking about You sharing your "Protestant" beliefs with those parishioners where you take your flesh and blood body to worship on Sundays (and Holy Days of Obligation). There's a HUGE difference between the two! Let me put it this way:
Does your LOCAL RC priest know of your beliefs? And what about your fellow RCC members?
Huh?
21

News Item1/16/09 12:01 PM
lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by lyn
John Y~ you claim you are saved because you repeated a prayer, asking Jesus to be your Savior. You are basing your salvation on your own work...where is the brokenness over sin? Or the call to repent? I am not trying to be mean, this brand of salvation runs rampant throughout the Baptist churches, say a prayer, make a decision, walk an aisle. The Holy Spirit must convict the rebellious sinner of his/her wickedness, breaking through the DEAD hearts [minds] that by nature reject all things pertaining to God. You must be changed from the inside out {born again John 3:3}, and only God, by His grace, can do that. PLEASE!! Don't think you're saved because you repeated a mechanical prayer! You were dead in sin {Eph. 2:1}, therefore, it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to bring to life what is by nature, dead.
20

News Item1/16/09 11:58 AM
S. Smith  Find all comments by S. Smith
Rogerant says, "The Bible says God has atoned, THEREFORE, since you have been saved, do this."

________________

I am in perfect agreement with that statement.

Oh, and thanks for the lesson in verb tenses. It is a good reminder of High School English - I had all "A's" BTW, but am always open to a refresher course. And, then there was college level English courses,again, all "A's". But, again, one always needs reminders. Perfect English is beyond most of us.

19

News Item1/16/09 11:53 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
DJC49 wrote:
How sad.
I'm only assuming then that none of your fellow Catholics will ever find out either. Right?
IOW, you don't share the truth; you hide the light given you under a bushel; you tell none of your fellow Catholics about your (supposed) salvation by faith alone in Christ.
I guess you don't love your fellow Catholics all that much -- keeping silent as regards the Gospel. You must be ashamed of Christ for the sake of remaining comfortable within the confines of pretty stained-glass windows.
There's a MAJOR disconnect working within your soul, John Yurich USA, and you are still too blind to see it.
How sad!
Well you assumed wrong that none of my fellow Catholics know about my conversion. I have told other Catholics on discussion forums that I was converted to Jesus by praying to Jesus and asking Him to become my Savior and Lord and that they must receive Jesus as their Personal Savior and Lord in order to gain entrance into Heaven. And I have also told other Catholics on discussion forums that Baptism, the Sacraments and church membership are all totally superfluous to gaining entrance into Heaven. I am not blind to anything since I believe that salvation is by Justification By Faith in Jesus alone.
18

News Item1/16/09 11:46 AM
rogerant | Saskatoon Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
S. Smith wrote:
Perhaps you have not heard, "work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling."
Philippians 1:1 "Paul and Timothy, the servants of Jesus Christ, TO ALL THE SAINTS in Christ Jesus..."

2:12 "THEREFORE,...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh IN YOU TO WILL AND TO DO OF HIS GOOD PLEASURE"

Just like in all of Paul's letters, the verbs are all in the present indicative when he is dealing with justification, and then he says THEREFORE, and then the verbs change to the IMPERATIVE mood.

In other words, since God has justified and saved you (present indicative), THERFORE, do this (imperative) out of gratitude and obedience to this work.

So, since God has brought you to belief and saved you through the atoning death of His Son and made you a saint, (justification)therefore work out what he has already started in you (sanctification).

"But don't forget, It is God which worketh in you both TO WILL, and TO DO of His good pleasure"!

Arminians confuse these two verb tenses and add them together. They say God atoned AND you must do this to be saved.

The Bible says God has atoned, THEREFORE, since you have been saved, do this.

17

News Item1/16/09 11:40 AM
S. Smith  Find all comments by S. Smith
And, Roger,

I sense that you are satisfied with your condition of constantly sinning before a Holy God - smug, even -

That reminds me of the verse of Scripture in Romans that says, "Shall we sin, that Grace may abound?"

And, the response is, "No, may it never be."

16

News Item1/16/09 11:26 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Isn't this fun?
15

News Item1/16/09 11:10 AM
S. Smith  Find all comments by S. Smith
Roger,

Perhaps you have not heard, "work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling."

"Take every thought captive unto the Lord."

"Rejoice in the Lord always, and again, I say rejoice."

"Die to yourself."

"Think more highly of others than you do yourself."

Perhaps, you have given no thought to obeying these Scriptures, but are content that the Lord has done the work of salvation, and you are the blessed recipient.

Perhaps, there is nothing you can or will do for the one whose love saves sinners from their sins.

Perhaps you have no love in your heart for the Saviour, or you would fall down in worship and cry out that your life would glorify Him.

Perhaps His love has not been shed abroad in your heart?

What say you, Bill O'Reilly?

14

News Item1/16/09 11:00 AM
rogerant | Saskatoon Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
S. Smith wrote:
Good Morning, Roger,
It's interesting how you appear as from the shadows whenever DJC49 is around. Hmmmm....
Let's see, would I be right in assuming that you are just getting up from the breakfast table and, if I remember correctly, you have stated in the past that you could not get up from breakfast without sinning - was it stealing or lying that you cited?
Actually, not just lying and stealing. I break all of the commandment by the time that I get to breakfast. And they can be summed up this way. I have not loved the Lord God with all of my heart, and I have not loved my neighbor as myself.

My first thoughts when I get our of bed are, "man, I didn't get enouph sleep" Not, "Thank you God for that sleep!

My next thought is, maaake coffey! Not for my neighbor, but for myself!

What say you? Have you followed all of the commandments of active and passive obedience before you eat breakfast. Did you sleep in your own bed last night, or did a homeless person sleep in it while you slept on the floor?

"The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air of nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay His head"

Your assertion sounds like legalism and a high regard for your ability to manifest evident graces!

13

News Item1/16/09 10:32 AM
S. Smith  Find all comments by S. Smith
rogerant wrote:
There appears to be a MAJOR disconnect between your opinion of DJC49 and that of scripture. You have judged him according to the law of works, not by his profession of faith.
Good Morning, Roger,

It's interesting how you appear as from the shadows whenever DJC49 is around. Hmmmm....

Let's see, would I be right in assuming that you are just getting up from the breakfast table. . .and, if I remember correctly, you have stated in the past that you could not get up from breakfast without sinning - was it stealing or lying that you cited? I vaguely remember that assertion. It sounds like anti-nomianism. IOW, there is no difference in the child of God, and the child of Satan in terms of behaviour. All is GRACE. . .

Profession of faith means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, apart from the evident graces of the Lord Jesus Christ bearing testimony to a saving work of the Lord in the heart of a person and manifested outwardly.

12

News Item1/16/09 10:08 AM
rogerant | Saskatoon Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
S. Smith wrote:
I fear the disconnect is working within YOUR own soul, Mr. DJC49.
And, the sadness should be for you.
While your posts clearly articulate the Reformed theological position, there appears to be a lack of the grace of the Lord when speaking with you via e-mail.
It is not enough to know the right doctrine - you must be born again - of the Spirit - and that will result in a change in attitude toward other people. I have found that Christ-like attitude sorely lacking in our brief e-mail exchanges, and, therefore, prefer the public forum for any exchanges.
May others join with me in praying for you - that your knowledge of Scripture would be united with faith in believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.
I say this with no malice, and only in sincerity. Abraham Kuyper, the Dutch theologian and statesman, was preaching before he was converted. May you, like he, come to know the Lord, having an understanding of Scripture, already.
There appears to be a MAJOR disconnect between your opinion of DJC49 and that of scripture. You have judged him according to the law of works, not by his profession of faith. I recollect the Pharisee's doing as such.

And now you are praying for HIS salvation?

Who can bring a charge against HIS elect?

11

News Item1/16/09 8:46 AM
S. Smith  Find all comments by S. Smith
DJC49 wrote:
There's a MAJOR disconnect working within your soul, John Yurich USA, and you are still too blind to see it.
How sad!
I fear the disconnect is working within YOUR own soul, Mr. DJC49.

And, the sadness should be for you.

While your posts clearly articulate the Reformed theological position, there appears to be a lack of the grace of the Lord when speaking with you via e-mail.

It is not enough to know the right doctrine - you must be born again - of the Spirit - and that will result in a change in attitude toward other people. I have found that Christ-like attitude sorely lacking in our brief e-mail exchanges, and, therefore, prefer the public forum for any exchanges.

May others join with me in praying for you - that your knowledge of Scripture would be united with faith in believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.

I say this with no malice, and only in sincerity. Abraham Kuyper, the Dutch theologian and statesman, was preaching before he was converted. May you, like he, come to know the Lord, having an understanding of Scripture, already.

10

News Item1/16/09 8:42 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
John Yurich USA wrote:
I believe what you stated about the Lutheran doctrine concerning Holy Communion. But the Lutherans do not like their doctrine of Holy Communion to be referred to as Consubstantiation. I will never be excommunicated from the Catholic Church because they will never find out what my beliefs are since I believe it is none of their business what my beliefs are.
Mmmmm, mmmmmm, interesting.

Tell you what, have a good read of this, it is absolutely fascinating. And it might be a blessing to you.

The Day I Prayed With George W Bush by Arthur Blessitt.

9

News Item1/16/09 8:03 AM
DJC49 | Florida  Contact via emailFind all comments by DJC49
John Yurich USA wrote:
... the Catholic Church ... will never find out what my beliefs are ...
How sad.

I'm only assuming then that none of your fellow Catholics will ever find out either. Right?

IOW, you don't share the truth; you hide the light given you under a bushel; you tell none of your fellow Catholics about your (supposed) salvation by faith alone in Christ.

I guess you don't love your fellow Catholics all that much -- keeping silent as regards the Gospel. You must be ashamed of Christ for the sake of remaining comfortable within the confines of pretty stained-glass windows.

There's a MAJOR disconnect working within your soul, John Yurich USA, and you are still too blind to see it.

How sad!

8

News Item1/16/09 6:04 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
John UK wrote:
How about this dictionary definition of consubstantiation, then John?
"the doctrine that after the consecration of the Eucharist the substance of the body and blood of Christ coexists within the substance of the consecrated bread and wine."
Do you believe this, John?
If you do, then you are likely to be excommunicated from the RCC for believing what they call heresy. And if that happens you will not be a Catholic again until you repent.
If you do not, then what do you believe about the Eucharist?
I believe what you stated about the Lutheran doctrine concerning Holy Communion. But the Lutherans do not like their doctrine of Holy Communion to be referred to as Consubstantiation. I will never be excommunicated from the Catholic Church because they will never find out what my beliefs are since I believe it is none of their business what my beliefs are.
7

News Item1/15/09 6:26 PM
Jessica Dawson | Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jessica Dawson
I watched a PBS video that said that Martin Luther was an antisemitic and that at one time he encouraged authorities to kill a bunch of rebellious pilgrims who had taken his teachings out of context. They also said that Luther's antisemitic writings contributed to the holocaust. Could any one direct me to information as to whether all this is true? I had never heard such things before ever!

Proverbs 18:17 He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him.

6

News Item1/15/09 6:19 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
John Yurich USA wrote:
I have been told by Lutherans on other discussion forums that they do not like it when their doctrine of Holy Communion is referred to as Consubstantiation because they state that the term Consubstantiation is not an accurate term to describe their doctrine of Holy Communion. And I consider myself to be a Catholic irrespective of the fact that I accept the Lutheran doctrine concerning Holy Communion and the Protestant doctrine of Justification By Faith in Jesus alone because I attend and belong to the Catholic Church and I do not attend and belong to any Protestant Church. So it is illogical for anybody to state that I am a Protestant and not a Catholic.
How about this dictionary definition of consubstantiation, then John?

"the doctrine that after the consecration of the Eucharist the substance of the body and blood of Christ coexists within the substance of the consecrated bread and wine."

Do you believe this, John?

If you do, then you are likely to be excommunicated from the RCC for believing what they call heresy. And if that happens you will not be a Catholic again until you repent.

If you do not, then what do you believe about the Eucharist?

5

News Item1/15/09 6:00 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
John UK wrote:
John, if you accept the Lutheran consubstantiation in the Holy Communion, and justification by faith alone in Christ alone, then you are no longer a Catholic, but a Protestant.
I have been told by Lutherans on other discussion forums that they do not like it when their doctrine of Holy Communion is referred to as Consubstantiation because they state that the term Consubstantiation is not an accurate term to describe their doctrine of Holy Communion. And I consider myself to be a Catholic irrespective of the fact that I accept the Lutheran doctrine concerning Holy Communion and the Protestant doctrine of Justification By Faith in Jesus alone because I attend and belong to the Catholic Church and I do not attend and belong to any Protestant Church. So it is illogical for anybody to state that I am a Protestant and not a Catholic.
4
There are a total of 43 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 [2] 3 | last
Last PostTotal
In court today: Equality quango’s case against Ashers
john uk from wales: "“we just didn’t want to be forced to use our creative skills..."
-29 min 
Church of England appoints first female diocesan bishop
john uk from wales: "state church getting into a worse state."
-31 min 
Navy bans chaplain from ministering to family of dead sailor
michael h from home in endicott: " question for those who have the intelligence..."
-52 min 64 


Jason Young
Vital Christianity

Romans
Sunday Service
Heritage Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS



Jon Couch
From Alienated To Reconciled

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

Kevin Swanson
Kids are Victims of Abortion

The Longmont Abortion Story
Generations Radio
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
The Accursed Thing

Book of Joshua
Shreveport Grace Church
Play! | MP3

Robert Rubino
Progressive Devil Worship!

Christonomy
Fellowship Baptist Church
Play! | MP3

Sermon: The Truth Will Cost Us Dearly
Jon Couch

New York, NY | zip
Desiring Revival

Des­ir­ing for God's Rev­ival in God's way
desiringrevival.org

SPONSOR | 2,400+

SPONSOR




                   
Grace grows best in the winter. ... Samuel Rutherford

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI Sites
Domain Redirect
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
JSON API New!

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2015 SermonAudio.com.