members, click to sign in..

2,605 active users!Bandwidth
SUNDAY
APR 20, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -34 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
SUNDAY, APRIL 20, 2014 | TIPS Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
COVER Page ALL News CHOICE VIDEOS User COMMENTS
SUNDAY, MAR 10, 2013| 67 comments| 1 commentary
Poll: U.S. Catholics back same-sex marriage
Amid growing support for same-sex marriage nationwide, a new poll from Quinnipiac University shows that most Catholics in the U.S. also back same-sex marriage, despite the church's teachings against it.

According to the poll, which surveyed 497 adult Catholics from February 27 - March 4 with a margin of error of +/- 4.4 percent, 54 percent of Catholic voters support same-sex marriage, while 38 percent oppose it. The survey shows a dramatic shift on the subject in the last few years: In a July 2008 poll by Quinnipiac, only 36 percent of Catholic voters said they supported same-sex marriage, while 55 percent opposed it.

Among 1,944 registered voters surveyed in the same poll, 47 percent supported same-sex marriage and 43 percent opposed it. A December poll asking the same question showed a statistical tie on the issue, at 48 percent in support and 46 percent in opposition. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.cbsnews.com

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Catholics Support Gay Marriage • 1,120+
Kevin Swanson | Generations Radio
Play! | RSS

Is Roman Catholic Christian?
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  1988 Catholicism Radio Debate • Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley | 10/1/1988
•  Is Roman Catholic Christian?Dr. Alan Cairns | 8/3/2009
•  Witnessing to a Roman Catholic • Dr. John Barnett | 9/19/1999

   04/19/14  |  'Pope' Pelosi assists in Holy Week foot-washing ritual • 14 comments
   04/03/14  |  Starbucks Apologizes for Satanic Symbols in Christian Woman's... • 93 comments
   04/02/14  |  Obama Gives Rosary Blessed by Pope Francis to Nancy Pelosi • 14 comments
   03/26/14  |  Why churches should brace for a mass exodus of the faithful? • 8 comments
   03/21/14  |  The Religious Life of Bill Gates • 17 comments
MORE RELATED ( CATHOLICISM ) NEWS | MORE..
   04/20/14  |  China on course to become 'world's most Christian nation' within... • 4 comments
   04/16/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.2 for Android Mobile Devices • 48 comments
   04/16/14  |  As Titanic sank, he pleaded, 'believe in the Lord Jesus!' • 9 comments
   04/13/14  |  Feminists Go Bonkers Over Kirsten Dunst’s One, Simple Comment • 39 comments
   04/13/14  |  U2's Bono Opens Up About Jesus, God And Praying With His Kids • 11 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
   07/27/13  |  3 Dead When Bus Carrying Teens Crashes in Indiana • 34 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 67 user comment(s)
News Item3/18/13 3:46 PM
Hunter  Find all comments by Hunter
SteveR wrote:
I say this as a militant Protestant
SteveR,

You did not present a 3rd option nor retract your endorsement of Rome's anathemas.

You have demonstrated what you are.
You are not a Protestant, militant or otherwise.

67

News Item3/16/13 11:15 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
SteveR wrote:
Sorry,
Its obvious you made excuses for him....
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, I made no excuses for the man and if you check the news feed there is an article about this incident.
66

News Item3/16/13 11:02 AM
SteveR | Upper Midwest  Find all comments by SteveR
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
. I will try to be more clear so as not to be misunderstood. I certainly am not excusing his actions. Explaining might be a better word. You seem to feel that the SA moderators were skipping the story on purpose and actually came across as joyous that someone had fallen in to wrong choices just because he was in a political party that maybe you hold in disdain. It is hard for a parent to see their children make bad choices.
Sorry,
Its obvious you made excuses for him. Maybe you are more anti democrat than you are pro Christian?

I offered no excuses for these Catholics in their support of same sex perversion, but you clearly went to Portmans defense. While you stopped short of justifying it, you did offer an excuse for it.

Being politically conservative, shouldnt equal hypocrisy. Its clear that SA will scour the back pages for less than newsworthy items demonizing Catholics or Democrats, but turn a blind eye to the SAME behaviour done by our(Im very conservative) side.

Romans 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

65

News Item3/15/13 10:36 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
SteveR wrote:
Making excuses for him too?
Interesting
Thanks,you seem to delight in twisting the words of others with the goal of, shall we say, stirring up the pot. I will try to be more clear so as not to be misunderstood. I certainly am not excusing his actions. Explaining might be a better word. You seem to feel that the SA moderators were skipping the story on purpose and actually came across as joyous that someone had fallen in to wrong choices just because he was in a political party that maybe you hold in disdain. It is hard for a parent to see their children make bad choices. I certainly would not say it would justify them following their child in their steps. I would hope Senator Portman would put the truth of the Word of God above his son's feelings. Matthew 10:37 "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me." (NASB)I am not saying that Mr. Portman makes claims to be a Christian, I have no idea. I hope that clarifies what I meant. Thanks
64

News Item3/15/13 10:14 AM
SteveR | Upper Midwest  Find all comments by SteveR
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Not justifying his change, just filling in some details you chose to leave out.
Making excuses for him too?

Interesting

63

News Item3/15/13 10:05 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
SteveR wrote:
"Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) has reversed his stance on same-sex marriage "
Im sure the SA moderators just missed this news item today
His son came out and said he was "gay." Parents do a lot things different when it comes to the children. It does not change the Word of God that they that practice such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Not justifying his change, just filling in some details you chose to leave out.
62

News Item3/15/13 9:42 AM
SteveR | Upper Midwest  Find all comments by SteveR
"Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) has reversed his stance on same-sex marriage "

Im sure the SA moderators just missed this news item today

61

News Item3/14/13 7:49 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
I just realized that the post was in reference to my battles with the Roman Catholics along with everything I've had to say concerning the false religion.
Sorry about that. I have had some other
battles going on within other threads now, and in the past on another topic so
that is all that was in my mind this AM when I logged on and I didn't realize which thread I had clicked on before reading the post and replying.
Anyway, thanks again...that really lifted me up after feeling so down and questioning myself.
60

News Item3/14/13 7:29 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Whoever wrote the post below...thank you so much! I really need to read something like that once in a great while because despite all appearances, I really get down when I get trashed and accused of things I'm not. For anyone to continuly call me a wicked, lying, black hating racist is no different to me than calling me a raging homosexual, because, for one, it's just not true, but there is also no evidence for it whatsoever.
SA posted the news headline: The Father of US slavery was a black man". My response was that some of the black population never mentions that historical fact while continuing the hatred over the past.
I still don't know what I said wrong but if it is in fact wrong, then it was in complete innocence because I don't understand what the issue is and it doesn't warrant the Satanic attacks that Steve and his girl have made.
I consider myself to be caring, compassionate, and very generous, to blacks and whites equally, so I just don't get why people keep coming at me periodically. I am actually the polar opposite of the accusations so I am just
stunned everytime I log on to read things like I have had to endure.
Anyway, blah, blah, blah...that was a typical very long winded way of saying thank you and for for giving me a little bit of clarity back.
59

News Item3/13/13 6:18 PM
  
Christopher000,
Just a few lines to let u know that reading your many posts over the past year has been a blessing to me personally.your enthusiasm is a breath of fresh air after some of the pious gas bags get finished with all their false doctrines and pontificating their love for the harlot Rome.
All of that to say this,don't let the so called professors with the vulture beaks get u down.
Just consider them sanctifiers that the LORD has put in all of our paths on this board.
Blessings to you.
A sister in CHRIST.
58

News Item3/13/13 5:59 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Reformed and Reforming wrote:
A Vatican spokesman, referring to Vatican bureaucracy, says Pope Francis will be a reformer.
And being a Jesuit, maybe he will revamp the Counter-Reformation. Exciting days ahead!
57

News Item3/13/13 5:42 PM
Reformed and Reforming  Find all comments by Reformed and Reforming
A Vatican spokesman, referring to Vatican bureaucracy, says Pope Francis will be a reformer.

HuffPo: Called Gay Marriage 'Destructive Attack On God's Plan' ... 'Staunchly Opposes Abortion, Contraception'

56

News Item3/13/13 5:41 PM
How so  Find all comments by How so
SteveR wrote:
By Faith of course
How can they you dummy when they don't hold to salvation by grace alone through faith alone?
55

News Item3/13/13 5:29 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
What I find I interesting about Steve is that as long as I have been around, I have never seen him try to uplift anyone, offer to pray for someone in need, instruct anyone in Biblical doctrine, be light hearted, engage in non-heretical discussions, or help out in any way whatsoever. Steve, however, always comes out swinging when the truth is told concerning his Roman Catholic church and the true fate of his buds. He also loves to back up anyone who tries bust onto the board and hurl unfounded, Satanically inspired accusations at board members. Steve loves this stuff and he thinks he is oh so intelligent. The truth, however, is that his extreme lack of knowledge makes him look very foolish. Steve is right, but every single person on this board is wrong? Come on now, Steveo. Really?
The only reason I don't engage you is because you couldn't possibly outwit me so I just wouldn't consider it any kind of challenge. I do wish you had the brain power though because I think we could have had some interesting banter.
54

News Item3/13/13 4:56 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
When a Catholic says that he has been "born again," he refers to the transformation that God’s grace accomplished in him during baptism. Evangelical Protestants typically mean something quite different when they talk about being "born again."

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/are-catholics-born-again

We know from I John those born from above practice righteousness and do not practice unrighteous. We know they are begotten by the Word of truth. (James 1:18) Therefore, if a person in a Catholic church were saved (be tough in a church that doesn't preach the Word of truth), it would be known because they would leave the unrighteous false church and be joined unto an assembly that practices righteousness. We could see the difference in their lives (John 3)
Getting sprinkled only has one effect on a person, it gets them wet. Faith produces works, and one of those works is walking in the light as He is in light and not in darkness as the RCC is in darkness. He that says I know Him and walks in darkness is a liar. (I John 1:6)

53

News Item3/13/13 4:53 PM
Hunter  Find all comments by Hunter
SteveR wrote:
Not true, I dont accept RCC dogma on salvation.
Keep your lies to yourself
Your inconsistency is your responsibility not mine. There comes a point where gross inconsistency from an educated and articulate man reveals him to be a liar. Lies - you say?

You have stated on these forums that Rome anathematizes "Only false believers, those that are liars."

Yet Rome anathematizes all those who hold to imputed righteousness and justification by faith.

Therefore, if you are consistent, you MUST believe that the doctrine of imputed righteousness and justification by faith
is a lie in order for their anathematised adherents to be what you have stated to be only false believers and liars.

The two choices on the issue are:
1. the doctrines of imputed righteousness which you have clearly identified as a lie and as something held to by false believers and liars.
2. Rome's doctrine of infused righteousness.

In the absence of either
1. a third option
2. any retraction by you of your endorsement of Rome's anathemas
I repeat to you SteveR:

Hunter wrote:
Who are you kidding? You are not a protestant. You believe in infused righteousness, a false and papist doctrine.
52

News Item3/13/13 4:40 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Christopher000 wrote:
Oh, man. Whatever.

Steve R wrote:
You dont like his stance on same sex marriage? Too bad

No, Steve...my comment was in response to the nonscense from you and your girl going on further down in the thread.

51

News Item3/13/13 4:32 PM
SteveR | upper Midwest  Find all comments by SteveR
Boys and girls, I have to go

but I will say this

Just as there are Catholics who back same sex marriage against RCC doctrine, there are those that have faith against their official policy as well

50

News Item3/13/13 4:26 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
SteveR wrote:
By Faith of course
too bad the RCC don't agree with you on that one:
17. To become a member of the spiritual Body of Christ, a person, Catholic or non-Catholic, is required:

(A) to repent of his sins,

(B) to have faith in the Lord Jesus, and

(C) to receive the Sacrament of Baptism
.
http://www.catholicdoors.com/courses/salvatio.htm

49

News Item3/13/13 4:23 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
SteveR wrote:
By Faith of course
And denying the false RCC dogma on salvation? That would mean excommunication. How then can they still be in the RCC?
48
There are a total of 67 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 | last
Last PostTotal
Western lawmakers gather in Utah to talk federal land takeover
gstexas: "because his family has been using the land for over a hundred..."
-5 min 
Deception: Christian Publisher Sells Soul For Mammon
gstexas: "'the biblical case in support of same-sex relationships.' there is no..."
-29 min 
How far have we fallen? A postage stamp will honor a sexual...
gstexas: "littlethunder727 from waterford. michigan usa writes: god sent not his..."
-42 min 12 


Track 08 - It Is Well


Lewis Kiger
The Power of the Gospel

Memorial Heights Baptist
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
God's Love-Letter

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Lewis Kiger
What would it profit?

Memorial Heights Baptist
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
Our Lord's Grave

Gospel of John
Shreveport Grace Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

See what Paul Washer calls the most useful Bible study tool in hist­ory. Click here!
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..

Sermon:
Go In Peace
Ken Jones






                   
We should be always wearing the garment of praise. ... Andrew Bonar
Site-Wide RSS & Podcast | Help
Select Podcast Format | Help

HTML Embed | More
Flash Widget | More
Our Staff Picks | Info
Featured Sermon | More

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
ROKU TV
Kindle Reader

FOLLOW
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
HELP
RSS & Podcasts
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Favorites
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

NEWSLETTER
View Latest Issue
Subscribe
Unsubscribe | Change
Privacy Policy
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
QR Codes New!
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes | WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | API | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.
Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads

CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.