members, click to sign in..

3,171 active users!!Bandwidth
SUNDAY
AUG 31, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -3 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  8/31/2014
SUNDAY, DEC 23, 2012  |  22 comments
Pope Paul VI inches one step closer to sainthood

Pope Paul VI, who guided the Catholic Church through a tumultuous period of change in the 1960s and 70s, took a crucial first step toward possible sainthood when Pope Benedict XVI on Thursday (Dec. 20) recognized his predecessor‚Äôs ‚Äúheroic virtues.‚ÄĚ

Paul VI is now considered ‚Äúvenerable‚ÄĚ in the Catholic Church, and needs the Vatican to recognize a miracle due to his intercession in order to be beatified, or declared ‚Äúblessed.‚ÄĚ A second miracle would then elevate him to sainthood.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.washingtonpost.com

Is Roman Catholic Christian?
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Is Roman Catholic Christian?Dr. Alan Cairns | 8/3/2009
•  Witnessing to a Roman Catholic • Dr. John Barnett | 9/19/1999
•  1988 Catholicism Radio Debate • Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley | 10/1/1988

   08/25/14  |  Pope Francis challenges with question: How is your faith? • 10 comments
   08/21/14  |  Pope Francis Says Radical Islam Must Be Stopped • 100 comments
   08/20/14  |  God will give me two or three more years, says Pope • 4 comments
   08/13/14  |  Vatican calls on Muslim leaders to condemn Christian persecution... • 8 comments
   08/07/14  |  Pope Francis don't waste time on Internet and smartphones • 15 comments
MORE RELATED ( POPE ) NEWS | MORE..
   08/31/14  |  Captured ISIS Laptop Contains Bubonic Plague, WMD Information • 1 comments
   08/29/14  |  Deadliest Ebola Outbreak in History Death Toll Climbs Over 1,500
   08/29/14  |  Federal judge decrminalizes polygamy • 1 comments
   08/20/14  |  Legal-Courts Same-sex 'marriage' freight train derailed in Tenn. • 2 comments
   08/18/14  |  Former FBI says only way to defeat Islam is to crush it • 39 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 22 user comment(s)
News Item12/25/12 11:21 AM
power in the blood  Find all comments by power in the blood
Christopher000 wrote:
My point, John, was that I genuinly care. My intention was not to offend you in any way, or to argue. I don't know everything by any stretch, but because this all hits very close to home for me, I am very well read on the topic. The reason that I'm so well read is because Ihope to reach my mom, wife, and extended family with the truth someday before it's just too late. I shudder everyday when I think about any of them passing before their eyes are opened to behold the truth.
Roman Catholocism is Satan's greatest masterpiece. They have had their hand in the most infamous slaughters known to mankind...they supported Hitler and Mussolini, they ordered and instigated the inquisitions, and they continue today to slaughter, without bloodshed, untold millions of eternal souls. Not mention the millions of souls that have already passed on over the past two thousand or so
All of these priests sexually-abusing little boys, much like the chosen Jews of old who sacrificed and ate their children, are Satan's pawns. He seeks to kill, maim and destroy the people and faith that God loves. The Devil doesn't bother those religions that are are inert and powerless. Jesus didn't come to save the upright and nice but the wretched repentant
22

News Item12/25/12 8:07 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Christopher000 wrote:
I'd like to be clear that I take thw time to post these long rants at times, not to bash or to judge, but because I care. I sit on the side of a road and type using my little tiny keyboard because I'm concerned.
My mom, my wife and her entire family are all Roman Catholic...that's why I get so uptight. I'm concerned about everyone in this religious system because they will not stop to consider the facts, even when they are clearly black and white. People will research prices before they buy a car, they will compare plans before choosing a cable provider, they will investigate a neighborhood before purchasing a home, etc, etc, etc, but when it comes to their eternal security, they, without question, entrust it to mere, sinful men, and a church.
I don't get it.
Christopher000
Thank you for your testimony! I also have unsaved Roman Catholic family and am so thankful my wife and daughter are saved and can identify with caring about the salvation of members of ones own family.

May God help me and all of us on SermonAudio to remember each other and our unsaved family in our praying, and may that praying be in the Power of the Spirit and in accord of all the will of God in His word, to see His mighty sovereign answers.

21

News Item12/25/12 7:54 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
My point, John, was that I genuinly care. My intention was not to offend you in any way, or to argue. I don't know everything by any stretch, but because this all hits very close to home for me, I am very well read on the topic. The reason that I'm so well read is because Ihope to reach my mom, wife, and extended family with the truth someday before it's just too late. I shudder everyday when I think about any of them passing before their eyes are opened to behold the truth.
Roman Catholocism is Satan's greatest masterpiece. They have had their hand in the most infamous slaughters known to mankind...they supported Hitler and Mussolini, they ordered and instigated the inquisitions, and they continue today to slaughter, without bloodshed, untold millions of eternal souls. Not mention the millions of souls that have already passed on over the past two thousand or so years who never opened their hearts to the truth of God's word.
20

News Item12/25/12 7:24 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
I'd like to be clear that I take thw time to post these long rants at times, not to bash or to judge, but because I care. I sit on the side of a road and type using my little tiny keyboard because I'm concerned.
My mom, my wife and her entire family are all Roman Catholic...that's why I get so uptight. I'm concerned about everyone in this religious system because they will not stop to consider the facts, even when they are clearly black and white. People will research prices before they buy a car, they will compare plans before choosing a cable provider, they will investigate a neighborhood before purchasing a home, etc, etc, etc, but when it comes to their eternal security, they, without question, entrust it to mere, sinful men, and a church.
I don't get it.
19

News Item12/24/12 9:32 AM
Dorcas | USA  Find all comments by Dorcas
What Christopher000 wrote:
Amen! Very well said.
By GODS mercy HE gave me eyes to see and ears to hear and saved me out of that
Anti-Christ system. To GOD be the glory!
Let us pray for those that are still blinded by the god of this world.
18

News Item12/24/12 9:06 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
glideslope to hell wrote:
Pick your poison.
Somehow reminds me of the Inquisition. Recant, or we'll burn you at the stake.

If you have something positive and edifying to say, say on.

17

News Item12/24/12 8:58 AM
Cherish your wife  Find all comments by Cherish your wife
Christopher000 wrote:
You need to do your own research on their doctrines concerning their views on Mary, the mass, transsubstantiation, indulgences, confession, Papal succession, the inquisitions, Purgatory, infant Baptism, the salvation process, the rosary, praying to the dead, worship of the wafer and relics, acceptance of all religions, and on, and on, and on. You say you can stay in that system because you just ignorw thw unscriptural parts...that's impossible because they are so intertwined. This isn't about going to a particular church either, John, it's about being part of a church that believes, teaches, and lives the Word of God alone. I don't know why you refuse to see any of this. You have closed your heart to anything that doesn't jive with what your mind has rationalized. Hitler slaughtered millions of bodies, the Popes were, and are, even more dangerous because they have and currently are slaughtering untold millions of eternal souls.
Married to a Catholic? What a lovely marriage it must be.
16

News Item12/24/12 8:54 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
You need to do your own research on their doctrines concerning their views on Mary, the mass, transsubstantiation, indulgences, confession, Papal succession, the inquisitions, Purgatory, infant Baptism, the salvation process, the rosary, praying to the dead, worship of the wafer and relics, acceptance of all religions, and on, and on, and on. You say you can stay in that system because you just ignorw thw unscriptural parts...that's impossible because they are so intertwined. This isn't about going to a particular church either, John, it's about being part of a church that believes, teaches, and lives the Word of God alone. I don't know why you refuse to see any of this. You have closed your heart to anything that doesn't jive with what your mind has rationalized. Hitler slaughtered millions of bodies, the Popes were, and are, even more dangerous because they have and currently are slaughtering untold millions of eternal souls.
15

News Item12/24/12 8:50 AM
glideslope to hell  Find all comments by glideslope to hell
The evangelical movement's decay rate is such that within 20 years it will not just be pagan, as you accuse the RCC, but downright evil by fully-accepting SSM.

Pick your poison.

14

News Item12/24/12 8:42 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
John, I think it's interesting how you defend a man and a religious system that the Bible has clearly defined as being anti-God and anti-Christ. I think people don't know what to say to you anymore because you just refuse to do your due diligence in comparing God's word to the system you belong to. You always say they worship Jesus as their savior...no, they worship a subservient shadow of him. Mary, by their own writings, is their queen, Jesus, being subject to her, has to do whatever she tells him, and God is floating around somewhere in the ether. To worship Jesus is to love Him. To love Jesus is to follow His commandments. The RC church is polluted with man made doctrines, rituals, and Pagan beliefs. The RC church believes that their traditions are equal to, and even trump the Word of God. The RC church believes that God speaks directly through their Popes and that whatever comes out of their mouths is infallible. ..even if the dogmas are in direct disagreement with the Bible. And on, and on, and on. The RC churches doctrines, theologies, dogmas, rituals, etc, are all anti-God, and anti Bible, John.
13

News Item12/24/12 8:23 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Hi John...you're right. I glossed right over the Pope's name. No matter though; I would have said the same thing. You're also right in saying that I probably shouldn't act as though I know anyones fate. I don't. Here's how I see it: if Pope John had room in his heart to accept God's truth, what an incredible witness he could have been to one billion people while alive. I believe that if God could reach him, He would have accomplished this before the Pope died so that He could use him for His glory. This didn't happen and given his life long theology, hard line views, belief that he was Christ on Earth, his worship of Mary, his acceptance of all religions stating that they all served the same god, etc, etc, etc, I just don't believe that he suddenly realized the truth on his deathbed. Neither do I believe that God would give him a free pass after being a lifelong hater of His people and leading countless millions to their eternal death...right up until the end.
You are right though...only God knows, John.
12

News Item12/23/12 7:48 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Christopher000 wrote:
I'm certain that one of Satans minions will be performing a "miracle" on Pope Johns behalf. Since Pope John Paul, now knowing that Purgatory is a fraud, is being tormented for all eternity, he won't be available to perform any miracles. All the faithful will believe in someones hoax or a counterfeit miracle and they will all have yet one more saint to pray to.
Please start reading your bibles, people, and stop trusting your eternal security
What has Pope John Paul II have to do with this article? This article is about Pope Paul VI, not Pope John Paul II. And how arrogant can anybody be to state categorically that they know for certain that Paul VI and John Paul II did not embrace Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior before passing away and are in Hell? There is a chance that both Paul VI and John Paul II embraced Jesus as their Lord and Savior before they passed away. Only the Lord Jesus Christ knows for certain because He alone is the only one who has the ability to see into man's heart.
11

News Item12/23/12 5:24 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
declaration from sin wrote:
When a significant evangelical leader dies do men make or declare him a saint?
Neither. Only the Holy Spirit makes a saint. What men declare after someone's death has no bearing or effect on said sainthood.
10

News Item12/23/12 5:18 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Mike wrote:
"Inching Toward Sainthood" could be the title of a book from an RC bookstore. Problem for RCs is, no saints are made after death. It's in the Book.
I agree Mike. I became a saint over 30 years ago; a holy one in Christ Jesus!
9

News Item12/23/12 5:11 PM
Salt  Find all comments by Salt
declaration from sin wrote:
When a significant evangelical leader dies do men make or declare him a saint?
REAL Christians know this fact to be true.
Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
AS Paul reveals.
Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Worship God NOT your vatican fabricated graven images.

8

News Item12/23/12 3:58 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
declaration from sin wrote:
When a significant evangelical leader dies do men make or declare him a saint?
Mike is quite correct.
Geneva Bible Commentary wrote:
Ephesians 4:12:
{7} For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the {p} body of Christ:
(7) He shows the aim of ecclesiastical functions, that is, that by the ministry of men all the saints may so grow up together, that they may make one mystical body of Christ. (p) The Church.
An expository of this verse and the ones around it should be in this sermon, Ephesians 4:11-13.

As far as canonizing PP VI, Canonising Pope John Paul II with blood on his hands.

7

News Item12/23/12 3:39 PM
declaration from sin  Find all comments by declaration from sin
When a significant evangelical leader dies do men make or declare him a saint?

Mike wrote:
"Inching Toward Sainthood" could be the title of a book from an RC bookstore. Problem for RCs is, no saints are made after death. It's in the Book.
6

News Item12/23/12 3:23 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
"Inching Toward Sainthood" could be the title of a book from an RC bookstore. Problem for RCs is, no saints are made after death. It's in the Book.
5

News Item12/23/12 3:04 PM
view from truth  Find all comments by view from truth
The continued growth of idolatry in the Roman Catholic harlot is proof which illustrates their distance from Scripture. These poor sad creatures worship dead men to no avail. Whereas the REAL Christian worships the living Son Of God who lives with God and conquered death.

GOD Commands;
Exod 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

As for Roman Catholics;
2Thes 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

4

News Item12/23/12 9:48 AM
snow covered dunghill  Find all comments by snow covered dunghill
"More and more evangelicals are asking questions about the ethical issues at stake in the use of birth control. For Roman Catholics, 1968 was a milestone in ecclesiastical discourse on the subject with Paul VI’s controversial encyclical, Humanae Vitae. Forty years later, evangelicals are awakening to the fact that these are questions relevant to more than just Roman Catholics. On today’s program, Dr. Mohler discusses issues related to birth control, the family, and the Christian worldview."
-Albert Mohler, SBTS President and leading Evangelical intellectual, "40 Years After Humanae Vitae," MONDAY, AUGUST 11, 2008
3
There are a total of 22 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
Devil Worshipers Confident Black Mass in Oklahoma Will Happen...
jim lincoln from nebraska: "it would be great if you should ever become a..."
-2 min 
Michael Brown confessed Jesus as his Saviour in weeks before...
john uk from wales: " unprofitable servant speaking of those to whom stever has..."
-11 min 185 
Captured ISIS Laptop Contains Bubonic Plague, WMD Information
jim lincoln from nebraska: "the http://www.answering-isl..."
-12 min 


ABC Chapel Service

Jim Byrd
The Lord Reigneth

Revelation 19:1-6
Sunday - PM
First Baptist Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS


Store Item
Hurting in Hope Audio Book

Alan Lester
Product: Audio Download
Free!

Scott T. Brown
Solid Ground

Isaiah
Hope Baptist Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
When Days On Earth Are Ended

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
The Savior of Sinners

Gospel According to Luke
Shreveport Grace Church
Play! | MP3

Blog 8/29/14
God Be With You ‚ÄėTil We Meet Again...

New York Gospel Mission
for the past sev­eral weeks, many people have expr­ess­ed...

Sponsor:
Voddie Baucham on Puritan Hard Drive

"Simply ast­on­ish­ing. Amaz­ing tool. I have enj­oyed my Pur­itan Hard Drive imm­ens­ely."
www.puritandownloads.com/dr..

Sponsor:
Emergency Food USA

Great tast­ing, healthy, GMO free emerg­ency food. Long term food and water stor­age.
www.emergencyfoodusa.com

Sermon:
America Revival Or Ruin
E. A. Johnston






                   
Our joy out of his sorrow, our life out of his death. ... W. S. Plumer

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.