members, click to sign in..

3,016 active users!!Bandwidth
SATURDAY
JUL 12, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -47 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  7/12/2014
Choice News SUNDAY, JUL 14, 2013  |  178 comments  |  6 commentaries
Zimmerman found not guilty of murder in Trayvon Martin's death
When he learned his fate, a quiet Zimmerman had little visible reaction. His face was mostly expressionless. He turned and shook the hand of one of his attorneys before sitting back down, only openly smiling after court was adjourned. His parents, Robert and Gladys Zimmerman, were seated nearby, but Martin's parents were not in the courtroom.

Defense attorney Mark O'Mara said a short time later that he and his team were "ecstatic" with the verdict.

"George Zimmerman was never guilty of anything except protecting himself in self defense," O'Mara said.

The response from NAACP President Benjamin Todd Jealous struck a far different tone. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.cnn.com

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
72% Trayvons Without Fathers • 1,210+
Kevin Swanson | Generations Radio
Play! | RSS
Truth On Trial • 220+
Kevin Boling | Knowing The Truth Radio
Play! | RSS
A Biblical Look at Zimmerman  • 700+
Sean E. Harris | Berean Baptist Church
Play! | RSS
The Zimmerman Verdict • 1,430+
Kevin Swanson | Generations Radio
Play! | RSS
An Unnatural Response to Anger • 510+
Bob Vincent | Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | RSS
Promotion of hatred by some
Minister Derrick Mitchell | Derrick Mitchell Ministries

Sinner's State After Death
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  The Harvest Past • Ichabod Spencer | 2/17/2009
•  Unready for the Grave • Rev Maurice Roberts | 3/9/2003
•  Sinner's State After DeathRev. John Greer | 12/6/2009
•  The Mystery of DeathDr. Peter Masters | 9/12/2013

   05/01/14  |  Homeschool family among tornado victims • 6 comments
   04/15/14  |  Why Resurrection People Remember the Dead • 1 comments
   04/05/14  |  Swedish stroke patient hears doctors discuss removing his organs • 3 comments
   03/31/14  |  When Jeremiah Denton met God • 2 comments
   03/21/14  |  Founder of Westboro Baptist Church, Rev. Fred Phelps Sr. dies • 21 comments
MORE RELATED ( DEATH ) NEWS | MORE..
   07/11/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: New SermonAudio Tips and Q&A Support Site!
   07/09/14  |  Largest Bank Asks Workers if They Support Homosexuality • 11 comments
   07/07/14  |  General: Border crisis threatens U.S. existence • 12 comments
   07/05/14  |  On heels of Hobby Lobby, Supreme Court grants stay for religious... • 12 comments
   07/04/14  |  Record Number of Americans Not in Labor Force in June • 9 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   07/12/14  |  Do Evangelical Churches Have to Accept Gay Marriage to Attract... • 1 comments
   07/12/14  |  Homeland Security & TSA Give Thumbs Up To Illegals Flying...
   07/12/14  |  Pope Francis to visit evangelical pastor from Buenos Aires • 2 comments
   07/12/14  |  Church of England prepares to vote on women bishops • 1 comments
   07/12/14  |  Obama approval high with Muslims
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 8 ·  Found: 178 user comment(s)
News Item7/15/13 3:16 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
UPS, its the inalienable right of American citizens to have frivolous lawsuits. However, I don't know how unfrivolous it might be. I'm not sure if the parents of those people who had their civil rights violated got back all the money that they put into the lawsuit, but I do believe they got some personal satisfaction out of it.

However, as this article pointed out Civil lawsuit against Zimmerman ‘an option,’ says Martin family attorney, the Martin family has already won one wrongful death lawsuit in this shooting.

38

News Item7/15/13 2:46 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Ah, remember O.J. Simpson, they did nail him, a little, with a civil suit. I think I heard they plan to go after Mr. Zimmerman for the same reason.
Why waste taxpayer money, a DOJ lawyer already made a comment that a nexus search shows that would be a frivolous lawsuit, we want another trial in which he is acquitted??? What purpose does that serve?? J4J there is a reason he was not charged the night of the killing, there is a reason that he was acquitted, there is no evidence to prove what you claim happened. We are supposed to be a society governed by law, regardless of how any of us feel, there is still no proof.
37

News Item7/15/13 2:43 PM
jpw  Find all comments by jpw
its political. those pushing this could care less of the plight of our inner city friends and family, evidenced by the ongoing events of Chicago!

http://www.fema.gov/news-release/2013/07/12/fema-announces-memorandum-agreement-naacp

36

News Item7/15/13 2:27 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Ah, remember O.J. Simpson, they did nail him, a little, with a civil suit. I think I heard they plan to go after Mr. Zimmerman for the same reason.

My, my John Y.! You really need to talk to some Nebraska farmers. You would give them a good laugh. The very isolation you seek, will make you a target. Crime and Violence in Rural Communities.

John Y., there's no easy fix for human condition, including The Five Precepts of the Romish Church, rather better is to take ... the Roman Road

35

News Item7/15/13 1:34 PM
Unporfitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unporfitable Servant
John for JESUS wrote:
Unprofitable Servant...
That is why I said that white cracker was a racist term, not that Trayvon was racist. Even if he was and smoked pot and got kicked out of school, I would not think that warrants him being murdered. I do believe there is proof Zimmerman got out of his car and made contact with the teenager and then shot him for no good reason. Zimmerman was arrested before for resisting arrest, assaulting a police officer, and had a restraining order placed on him for domestic violence. The jurors were idiots!
You are entitled to your opinion of the jurors but they did what they were supposed to do, they made a verdict not based upon pure conjecture, which is what you are doing, but on the evidence, THAT THE STATE presented. If you want to be mad about someone in this case, blame the prosecution.
34

News Item7/15/13 1:24 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
Unprofitable Servant...
That is why I said that white cracker was a racist term, not that Trayvon was racist. Even if he was and smoked pot and got kicked out of school, I would not think that warrants him being murdered. I do believe there is proof Zimmerman got out of his car and made contact with the teenager and then shot him for no good reason. Zimmerman was arrested before for resisting arrest, assaulting a police officer, and had a restraining order placed on him for domestic violence. The jurors were idiots!
33

News Item7/15/13 12:28 PM
Unprofitable Servant  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John for JESUS wrote:
Unprofitable Servant...
I think that is a racist term...
The thing is there is no PROOF of the statement that was made and you cannot make a judgment based upon a statement for which there is no proof. The same thing applies to, "So if you ever feel like murdering someone, you can chase them down, start a fight, and then allow yourself to get punched a few times to justify murdering that person" There is no proof to back up your statement. Zimmerman had no record of prejudice, he was actually mentoring two disadvantage black youth. Zimmerman had no record in his many calls to police of getting into physical confrontations with people. I am not justifying anything he did, I am saying the evidence obviously does not prove your version of the story, and the jurors made their decision on the evidence that was brought by the state.
32

News Item7/15/13 11:36 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
Unprofitable Servant...
I think that is a racist term which isn't worthy of murder. Trayvon had his faults just as Zimmerman does. Why do you think Zimmerman didn't take the stand? Trayvon may have even assumed Zimmerman was racist for following him when he wasn't doing anything wrong.
31

News Item7/15/13 11:20 AM
Dolores L | Texas  Find all comments by Dolores L
I know how you feel, Christopher,and had it not been for you and jpw I would not be on this forum giving my "two cents". I've learned since that I need to be on here giving the thoughts I have..the things on my heart and to be an encouager to the ones who fear speaking out even when they encounter an angry mob( just kidding). Sermon Audio has been ablessing for me because it gives the truth that most of the media don't want you to know about..can't tell you how much I've learned since finding it which was a (God send for me)
30

News Item7/15/13 10:47 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
me wonders what J4J thinks of the girlfriend quote?
29

News Item7/15/13 10:47 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Christopher000 wrote:
Anyway, I've said enough and am bowing out of this conversation.
Me too. I've said more than enough on this thread.
28

News Item7/15/13 10:33 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Dolores, the point I always try to make in these conversations is contained in your 1st paragraph. Everyone seems to be able to say what they want without impunity, but when I speak of the hypocrisy, I get taken to task as a hater; a racist, as the response.
Anyway, I've said enough and am bowing out of this conversation.
27

News Item7/15/13 10:23 AM
Dolores L | Texas  Find all comments by Dolores L
Why is it so bad to use the N word and if you do you will be put under the bus and yet when Travon used the racial slur "white cracker" it wasn't "cleaned up"and nobody said anything. I'm surprised that zimmerman was even acquited because of the threats made if he was which makes the blacks even more angry with more attitude..it's like before the trial even started the verdict was already handed down and it better be guilty?? Zimmerman actually risked his life ever time he conforted someone..never knew if he carried a knife or a gun. If someone breaks in your home you better be sure you have a reason to shoot them and it better be inside the house..if you get to your weapon before he rapes and kills you. My husband comes to church later than me as I go to Sunday School. He saw a black guy with ahooded jacket on walking around the parking lot in July..he didn't confront the guy but went in to report him and someone already had and security already had been alerted..later found out a vehicle had been damaged.
26

News Item7/15/13 10:17 AM
lived in a city jungle | wisconsin  Find all comments by lived in a city jungle
i find the people who do not think George was right for defending his neighbors or being a watchman on the wall, are bleeding heart liberals whom have already fallen away from the truth

one who does not provide for their own is worse than an infidel, provide was never established as a food and clothes only proposition, there had to be love and safety provided as well
maslows hierarchy of needs lists them

1.1 Physiological needs
1.2 Safety needs
1.3 Love and belonging
1.4 Esteem
1.5 Self-actualization

so you see safety is number 2 need to be met before love and respect, anyone who does not realize this has been mislead ...

25

News Item7/15/13 8:38 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Interesting though that Travon's death is being treated and spoken of as a racial hate crime, yet George, according to transcripts, didn't initially even ID Travon as being black and there was nothing to indicate that he said anything off color. Yet, Travon himself was quoted by his girl as using racial slander, the very boy who is being mourned as being murdered by a racist.

All I think about is, "was Travon a born again Christian?"
Really tragic .

24

News Item7/15/13 8:24 AM
the girlfriend hid evidence  Find all comments by the girlfriend hid evidence
The girlfriend in the case did not tell that the last thing Trayvon told her was that he was gonna teach that xxxx white cracker a lesson
23

News Item7/15/13 7:09 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
I wish Travon's family were not suffering the loss of their child; I wish Travon hadn't lost his life. I wish George had not put himself into the situation that facilitated Travon's death. The dispatcher told George to stop following him...I wish he had. Because George considered himself to be the tough, gun toting neighborhood cop, he just couldn't stop himself and the gun gave him the courage he needed. Travon, being shadowed, finally spouted off, probably saying, "what's your problem", words were exchanged, Travon became angry that some spooky guy was shadowing/questioning him, words were exchanged, there was a push, a push back, a punch thrown, a tackle, and what should have been a non-event turned into a life and death struggle.
George Zimmerman had no business doing anything other than calling the cops, as he did...his part should have ended right there. Because of his pride though, because of the courage his gun gave him, and because he thought of himself as a cop in training, he just couldn't let the situation be.
I don't believe George is a racist and I think he would have followed a white man, or whoever, as well. This isn't about racism as the President and the black panthers want the general public to believe, but rather the tragic mistake of an overzealous ne
22

News Item7/15/13 7:07 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
Unprofitable Servant...
Where is there any evidence that lethal force was needed and how can the one instigating the situation deserve that right?! So if you ever feel like murdering someone, you can chase them down, start a fight, and then allow yourself to get punched a few times to justify murdering that person. Who is to say Trayvon wasn't fighting in self defense and happened to get the upper hand? Zimmerman's injuries were nowhere near life threatening!
21

News Item7/15/13 5:53 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John for JESUS wrote:
Unprofitable Servant...
Only God and Zimmerman know what exactly happened because Zimmerman shot and murdered the other person involved! I'm waiting to hear Trayvon was guilty of some crime for walking down the street eating candy and drinking soda pop! We do know Zimmerman knew the area but says he had to get out the car to see the name of the road?! Yeah right.
I take it that you didn't follow my admonition and read the article. Nobody disputes that the incident was a terrible tragedy, the evidence (nor the arrest warrant which left several key things out) apparently did not merit the charge given. Whether or not anybody FEELS justice was served is immaterial. Riots won't change the verdict and judging Zimmerman does not make him guilty. You still assume as facts things that are speculation, my suggestion to you is stop watching the news from the liberal media. It seems like you had Zimmerman tried and convicted (just like the liberal media) before the trial even started. To Delores, yes they used a much younger picture of Trayvon on purpose in the media. I would say to Junsu I do believe in self-defense, whether Zimmerman was justified in his actions only God knows. Self defense is NOT the same thing as murder.
20

News Item7/15/13 4:50 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Speaking of cities. Who in their right mind likes to reside in cities? Residing in the country would be better because it is nice and peaceful in the country, no noise, no neighbors around for a long ways away. I can't wait to purchase a farm in Eastern Colorado near Ramah or Calhan and get away from the rat race of the city.
19
There are a total of 178 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 | last
Last PostTotal
Parini: Even Jesus wouldn't buy 'the rapture'
john for jesus from atl: "gstexas... no you couldn't because the verse is talking..."
-2 min 98 
Pope Francis to visit evangelical pastor from Buenos Aires
gstexas: "why do i have to know every move this man makes?"
-1 hrs 
Do Evangelical Churches Have to Accept Gay Marriage to Attract...
wayne: "man's views will change and are fickle. gods commandments are eternal and..."
-3 hrs 


The Bible - God's Revelation
Dr. Greg Harris
But I Have This Against You

The Book of Revelation
Sunday Service
Lake Hills Community Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Robert Rubino
TG Pt.4 "Intolerant Paul"

Galatians 1:18-24
Fellowship Baptist Church
Video!Play! | MP4

E. A. Johnston
Lost Generation

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Rev David Silversides
The doctrine of the Atonement

Fellowship Meeting
Loughbrickland Reformed
Play! | MP3

Blog 7/9/14
Summer at the Mission: Where do I start?

New York Gospel Mission
this week we have at the miss­ion a team of young peopl­e...

Sponsor:
Secret Obama Edict Supporting Islamism

Shock­ing Secret Obama Dir­ect­ive Supp­ort­ing Global Islam, Islam In the Bible, Etc.
www.puritandownloads.com/ob..

Sermon:
When The Power Is Out
E. A. Johnston






                   
Where reason cannot wade there faith may swim. ... Thomas Watson

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV New!
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch New!
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials New!
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.