members, click to sign in..

4,926 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
AUG 28, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -1 hrs
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  8/28/2014
Choice News MONDAY, NOV 19, 2012  |  221 comments  |  1 commentary
Christian Convert from Islam Beheaded in Somalia

Islamic extremists from Somalia’s rebel Al-Shabaab militants on Friday (Nov. 16) killed a Christian in Somalia’s coastal city of Barawa, accusing him of being a spy and leaving Islam, Christian and Muslim witnesses said.

The extremists beheaded 25-year-old Farhan Haji Mose after monitoring his movements for six months, Christian sources said. Mose drew suspicion when he returned to Barawa, in Somalia’s Lower Shebelle Region, in December 2011 after spending time in Kenya, underground Christians in Somalia told Morning Star News. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
morningstarnews.org

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Reciban Aliento Esp. Justicia • 60+
Pastor Julio Rodriguez | Iglesia Nueva Vida
Play! | RSS

The Coming Final Persecution
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  A Massacre This Christmas?! • Rev Ian Brown | 12/22/2008
•  The Coming Final PersecutionDr. Steven J. Lawson | 10/11/2009
•  Persecution: In the USA? • Pastor Joseph LoSardo | 7/9/2006
•  Sri Lanka - Spiritual WarfarePaul Fountain | 1/30/2009

   08/28/14  |  Chinese Pastor Faces 10 Years in Prison for Protesting Cross... • 7 comments
   08/28/14  |  Ex-Attorney General: Brits forced to hide faith in public
   08/24/14  |  Obama 'plays politics' with Christian persecution • 8 comments
   08/10/14  |  Plight of persecuted Christians raised in Scottish Parliament • 4 comments
   08/07/14  |  Canadian Christian couple detained in China • 2 comments
MORE RELATED ( PERSECUTION ) NEWS | MORE..
   08/20/14  |  Legal-Courts Same-sex 'marriage' freight train derailed in Tenn. • 2 comments
   08/18/14  |  Former FBI says only way to defeat Islam is to crush it • 38 comments
   08/17/14  |  Creation Museum breaks ground on Noah's Ark project • 10 comments
   08/15/14  |  More Unmarried New Moms Cohabiting • 11 comments
   08/12/14  |  5-Year-Old Christian Boy Cut in Half by ISIS Terrorists • 17 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 8 ·  Found: 221 user comment(s)
News Item11/23/12 8:23 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
...Sorry, I noticed something else and I well def shut up after this:
Interesting post: God, in His foreknowledge, shut up the wombs for a specific period of time to save any children from the calamities to come. The days of Noah were as they are today with one exception...mankind was infected with the "seed" of the Nephelim, which can easily be proven not to be the sons of Seth. God had to wipe them out, which He did, but some angels sinned again after the flood, creating more races of giants which God commanded some Jewish guys to go around and kill and take over their lands. I believe the ones they didn't wipe out were in the land which is now Palistine and I find that interesting considering the ongoing conflict. Am I wrong about any/all of this?
81

News Item11/23/12 8:10 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
...sorry about all of this, but I needed to catch up...this will be it:
Mike, I noticed the scriptures you posted concerning the death of Davids child. What's interesting is that just the night before, I was listening to a speaker talking about the fate of children and he happened to quote that very scripture as on example. I had made a mental note to post it up but saw you had beat me to it...ha-ha.
80

News Item11/23/12 8:05 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
... When the baby leaped in the womb, Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit, etc, would this have not been a special circumstance? Like the gifts of the spirit, tongues of fire, etc, it seems to me that there were many things happenning then that don't happen now. When Jesus was conceived, I imagine God overshadowing, and a legion of Angels protecting Mary/Jesus from Satan and his hoards who were probably camped all around trying to attack at every moment. I imagine the spirit filling and the baby jumping because of the sheer power of God that surrounded Mary for their protection. I feel like the baby jumped because it would have been like being in the direct presence of God almighty. Something like when the baby might arrive in Heaven and the childs mind is immediately expanded to see and know God. (??)
79

News Item11/23/12 7:52 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
... Oh...Noah was perfect in his generations...I read this as meaning that his bloodline was not infected by the Nephelim and God needed to start fresh since everyone elses was...is this wrong or just one view? Sodom and Gomorrah: Yes, children were obviously included in the destruction but what does that have to do with a child being damned to Hell for an eternity? Because the children were not found righteous? Can a child be righteous? Just wondering.
I think Frank may have posed this and I mention it because it's how I always made myself feel better about the death of a child be it via disease, accident, or of a brutal nature: I always considered that maybe God allows some children to perish because, looking ahead, he knew that they would have never accepted him anyway. Is this wrong to consider?
Please don't rain down fire and brimstone on me again...I'm still researching this, my mind is open, and I know nothing. However, nothing has been proven either so I don't understand how some can claim to "know" given the tone of their posts and get angry with those who beg to differ.
78

News Item11/23/12 7:51 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
... What child hangs out in the womb and repents? What toddler is mature enough to ask Gods forgiveness with understanding? What child knows what it means to repent and be justified? I understand that being born into sin, a child begins the death process from the moment of conception, but how is a child, who hasn't even sinned, automatically condemned for all eternity simply because they died before they were able to understand? I don't know how this makes sense to anyone. My mind is open and I will continue to research, but until someone proves otherwise, I'll believe that the God I read about does not send children who were not given the opportunity to understand and make a decision to Hell for all eternity. My goodness. What a terrible way to go through life, especially if you have children, to believe such a thing when it can't even be proven beyond any reasonable doubt.
77

News Item11/23/12 7:49 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Frank, John, Lurker, Mike, and DuWayne...thank you for your thoughts and attempts to solve this mystery. CV, you scolded me for daring to question God. How is it wrong to raise questions concerning a mystery that you yourself failed to prove? What you don't know is that I had already prayed to god, telling Him that I would accept, without question, whatever the answer may be so give me a break. I was not questioning clear teachings or principles, I am questioning a grey area.
What I now know is that neither side has the answer even though some claim to "know". I'll research original sin as John suggested, but until I'm convinced otherwise, I'll believe that most children who have perished are not awaiting eternal damnation just because they died before they were able to understand their sinful natures and repent.
76

News Item11/23/12 3:08 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Lurker wrote:
Brother John,
Some more food for thought....
......
Now, I'm not trying to refute the original sin doctrine, or your assumption, with an(other) assumption, regardless of how plausable the assumption may be. But you must admit that barren wombs 20, 50 or even a hundred years before the flood is more likely, in light of the above Psalm and other texts which teach that God can withhold the fruit of the womb, than multitudes of God's heritage and reward dying in the womb in the flood, eternally separated from God, for no other reason than they were conceived at the wrong time.
Bro, you are clutching at straws.

Matthew 24:37-39 KJV
37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

There was nothing abnormal going on before the flood, it was life as usual, and the flood took them ALL away, which means that ALL had sinned against God. It will be just the same when our Lord returns.

75

News Item11/22/12 11:28 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Brother John,

Some more food for thought....

Psalm 127:3-5 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

When God had determined to destroy all of Cain's progeny, why do you suppose He would continue to bless and reward them with children; His heritage (possession)? Of course, the same could be said of the inhabitants of Sodom and Gommorah.

Now, I'm not trying to refute the original sin doctrine, or your assumption, with an(other) assumption, regardless of how plausable the assumption may be. But you must admit that barren wombs 20, 50 or even a hundred years before the flood is more likely, in light of the above Psalm and other texts which teach that God can withhold the fruit of the womb, than multitudes of God's heritage and reward dying in the womb in the flood, eternally separated from God, for no other reason than they were conceived at the wrong time.

74

News Item11/22/12 9:53 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Frank wrote:
If I understand you, I agree with you. Adam sinned; his sinful nature, not his sin passed down to all mankind. Because of this sinful nature, all will sin and fall short of the glory of God given the opportunity. If this is what you are saying; we agree. I used the same Ezekiel 18 verse on this thread, so I am familar with the thought process.
Yes. In that we agree, Frank.

Besides, original sin is not necessary to uphold total depravity. God took care of that when he broke the Jews off the olive tree and Jew and Gentile were in the same boat of unbelief so He could have mercy on whom He willed.

John UK wrote:
At the time of the flood, when millions of pregnant women died along with their offspring, why did God judge the unborn offspring along with parent, and take away their life? The same applies to Sodom and Gomorra and the cities of the plain. If one dies for his own sin, those unborn babies were also sinners under the judgment of God.
You would have a point to argue if only you could provide the texts which establish that which you assume.

However, if assumptions are on the table then I could assume that God shut up the wombs of the women, like He did to Hannah, Eliabeth and others, 20 years before the flood.

73

News Item11/22/12 7:12 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Frank wrote:
Sorry to interrupt you and John, but I did want to comment on your thoughts as I understood them. Yes, John will "one day" admit he was wrong. We will both see and hear it. Now if John is confused by what I meant when I said we will both see and hear it, I hope you will help him out.
Larf, I could have cried.

Mind you bro, if ever I am shown to be wrong, I will not hesitate to say so. And as you are so confident it will happen, then surely it will happen.

But now to my edit.....
One has said that one dies for his own sin, not the sin of parent. Yes?

Well then, the case is proven. At the time of the flood, when millions of pregnant women died along with their offspring, why did God judge the unborn offspring along with parent, and take away their life? The same applies to Sodom and Gomorra and the cities of the plain. If one dies for his own sin, those unborn babies were also sinners under the judgment of God.

And I know that the Judge of all the earth will do right.

Now I gotta turn in. So God bless one and all.

72

News Item11/22/12 6:42 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Lurker wrote:
For one, the common view is that the death (not sin, btw) which passed on all men is physical death. But the Ezekiel text I quoted earlier tells me it is actually the death of one's soul.... a spiritual death....
John, I'm not sure, but I did read the last one, so I think I have it. I think you clarified the election issue, but my intention was not to comment on that anyway. We probably agree on that issue. I just never refer to is as foreknowledge because that is confusing to me. Thanks.

Lurker,

If I understand you, I agree with you. Adam sinned; his sinful nature, not his sin passed down to all mankind. Because of this sinful nature, all will sin and fall short of the glory of God given the opportunity. If this is what you are saying; we agree. I used the same Ezekiel 18 verse on this thread, so I am familar with the thought process.

Sorry to interrupt you and John, but I did want to comment on your thoughts as I understood them. Yes, John will "one day" admit he was wrong. We will both see and hear it. Now if John is confused by what I meant when I said we will both see and hear it, I hope you will help him out.

71

News Item11/22/12 5:53 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Lurker wrote:
John,
For one, the common view is that the death (not sin, btw) which passed on all men is physical death. But the Ezekiel text I quoted earlier tells me it is actually the death of one's soul.... a spiritual death.... the same death Adam died when He ate and became aware of his nakedness.... the same death Paul experienced on Damascus Road. Your soul, my soul, Frank's soul, everyone's soul was dead in trespass and sin until Christ quickened us making us alive in Him and dead to Adam (the flesh in which sin dwells).
But, that said, I have no desire to argue the point especially with a dear brother. I am OK with agreeing to disagree as long as I know our disagreement has no bearing on your eternal fate.
I will respect your right to be wrong.
Thanks Lurker.

But:

1 Corinthians 15:21-22 KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

And don't forget that this chapter is all about the resurrection of the body, which must die and be raised again.

In Adam, all physically die.

Sure, it is also true that in Adam all spiritually die.
______

Frank, did you miss my edit!

70

News Item11/22/12 5:46 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John UK wrote:
Well, suspended above the ground, yes.
I think we've exhausted the debate, bro.
But then, a child in the womb is quite capable of worship; for the elect child, of course.
I am of course going to let you get away with not answering the questions presented to you and for changing the subject or skirting the issue. But in my way of thinking since a learned man such as yourself would dodge a question, then I will consider that to be a victory! DONE!
69

News Item11/22/12 5:31 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
John UK wrote:
All I can say (due to the fact that I am not a theological) to all your points is that when Adam sinned, we sinned. We sinned in him. We were in the garden, and we broke the law. And thus, we are born sinners, evidencing this by our actions even from a very early age, even from birth.
John,

You know as well as I do that this view is a construct of man. Never the less, I could hold to it as representative of biblical truth if it were not for the contradictions such a view faces.

For one, the common view is that the death (not sin, btw) which passed on all men is physical death. But the Ezekiel text I quoted earlier tells me it is actually the death of one's soul.... a spiritual death.... the same death Adam died when He ate and became aware of his nakedness.... the same death Paul experienced on Damascus Road. Your soul, my soul, Frank's soul, everyone's soul was dead in trespass and sin until Christ quickened us making us alive in Him and dead to Adam (the flesh in which sin dwells).

But, that said, I have no desire to argue the point especially with a dear brother. I am OK with agreeing to disagree as long as I know our disagreement has no bearing on your eternal fate.

I will respect your right to be wrong.

68

News Item11/22/12 5:25 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Frank wrote:
If someone is in the womb, they are on earth.
Well, suspended above the ground, yes.

I think we've exhausted the debate, bro.

But then, a child in the womb is quite capable of worship; for the elect child, of course.

Elect according to foreknowledge, sure:

1 Peter 1:1-2 KJV
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

A worshipping foetus? Sure:

Luke 1:41 KJV
41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

That's it bro, I'm done. But don't forget that "foreknowledge" in v2 does not mean that God looked into the future to see who would respond to the gospel with faith.

BTW plenty of pregnant women died in the flood along with their babies. As also Sodom and Gomorra and the cities of the plain. All judged by God, along with their parents.

67

News Item11/22/12 5:09 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John UK wrote:
Ah Frank, I did not say a sin-machine in the womb, but on the earth. What I do regard as important is the doctrine of election, which election is based on the foreknowledge of God. As I see it, this has to come into play, rather than sentimental feelings. Oops.
little brother
Yes, election is when God chooses one sinner over another for reasons only known to Him. I maintain a sinner is someone who makes a decision either out of ignorance, semi-ignorance or volitionally to sin against God, whether they know there is a God or not. You are saying that would include something a child in the womb does or can do. There is a huge difference, but it isn't dealing with election. I also believe in election as you know although I don't attribute it to "foreknowledge". Since for whatever reasons you don't want to address any scripture where the wrath of God is discussed and those that will undergoing it, we will drop the subject.

Sentimental feelings or trying to force things into my theological boxes have nothing at all to do with it, little brother.

If someone is in the womb, they are on earth.

66

News Item11/22/12 4:39 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Frank wrote:
Ah, this will not work out. I agree that a human spirit is conceived at conception and once again in my mind never said anything to detract from that thought. You are saying this conceived spirit is a sin machine while in the womb and will possibly undergo God's wrath because they are sin machines who have never volitionally sinned. Interesting! You and I differ on this thought brother!
Ah Frank, I did not say a sin-machine in the womb, but on the earth. But God knows all things, and he may say that the unborn child actually does sin in the womb. I say nothing definite, because there is not much to go on.

What I do regard as important is the doctrine of election, which election is based on the foreknowledge of God. As I see it, this has to come into play, rather than sentimental feelings. Oops.

little brother

65

News Item11/22/12 4:30 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John UK wrote:
Frank, it might help if you consider that the human being is a spirit carried around in a lump of flesh. It matters not how young or old the flesh is, the spirit is an unageing entity.
Together they make up a sin-machine on earth.
But if you do not believe the foetus has been given the spirit yet, then there will be no judgment.
Ah, this will not work out. I agree that a human spirit is conceived at conception and once again in my mind never said anything to detract from that thought. You are saying this conceived spirit is a sin machine while in the womb and will possibly undergo God's wrath because they are sin machines who have never volitionally sinned. Interesting! You and I differ on this thought brother!
64

News Item11/22/12 4:16 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Frank wrote:
Yes, we all sin in Adam, and we will all die because of our sinful natures that were passed down genetically to each of us. I said nothing to detract from that thought. But the child in the womb did not sin because they were conceived. In fact, Christ will condemn no one because they were born, much less baby. He will condemn them because they are sinners and they are still in their sins. Christ had no sinful nature because He had no earthly father, but a sinful or adamic nature is not what I am talking about. My brother, you are building a strawman argument. I am concentrating on God's wrath that will be poured out on sinners. You are avoiding that issue? Is it "possible" that an aborted child will be sent to hell? If that is possible, then at which judgment is that either fully or partially noted or inferred?
Now remember, yes I am you elder brother.
Frank, it might help if you consider that the human being is a spirit carried around in a lump of flesh. It matters not how young or old the flesh is, the spirit is an unageing entity.
Together they make up a sin-machine on earth.
But if you do not believe the foetus has been given the spirit yet, then there will be no judgment.
63

News Item11/22/12 3:34 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John UK wrote:
Frank, I do not claim to understand it, but I think you're wrong on this one. (I gotta be careful, now that I know you are my elder brother.)
Yes, we all sin in Adam, and we will all die because of our sinful natures that were passed down genetically to each of us. I said nothing to detract from that thought. But the child in the womb did not sin because they were conceived. In fact, Christ will condemn no one because they were born, much less baby. He will condemn them because they are sinners and they are still in their sins. Christ had no sinful nature because He had no earthly father, but a sinful or adamic nature is not what I am talking about. My brother, you are building a strawman argument. I am concentrating on God's wrath that will be poured out on sinners. You are avoiding that issue? Is it "possible" that an aborted child will be sent to hell? If that is possible, then at which judgment is that either fully or partially noted or inferred?

Now remember, yes I am you elder brother.

62
There are a total of 221 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 more | last
Last PostTotal
Jimmy Carter Keynoting Muslim Convention in Detroit
lisa from wales: "1 john 4 5they are of the world: therefore speak they of the..."
-1 hrs 
Chinese Pastor Faces 10 Years in Prison for Protesting Cross...
pennned: "judging from the last comment i think we've got an eager beaver for the..."
-1 hrs 
Michael Brown confessed Jesus as his Saviour in weeks before...
michael hranek from endicott, new york: " john uk moniker man, the bible never..."
-1 hrs 123 


Audio Bible: Genesis 18

Richard Warmack
Christ Our Peace, Pt 1

Studies In Ephesians
Sunday School
Grace Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Store Item
Hurting in Hope Audio Book

Alan Lester
Product: Audio Download
Free!

Rob Cooper
When God Is Late

Collinsville Bible Church
Sunday - AM
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Robert Rubino
Beheading Children: Apostate C

Galatians 4:8-11
Fellowship Baptist Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Ken Wimer
The Savior of Sinners

Gospel According to Luke
Shreveport Grace Church
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Voddie Baucham on Puritan Hard Drive

"Simply ast­on­ish­ing. Amaz­ing tool. I have enj­oyed my Pur­itan Hard Drive imm­ens­ely."
www.puritandownloads.com/dr..

Sponsor:
Emergency Food USA

Great tast­ing, healthy, GMO free emerg­ency food. Long term food and water stor­age.
www.emergencyfoodusa.com

Sermon: It's a Wicked World, After All
Pastor Joseph LoSardo






                   
Before Christ's resurrection, it was twilight; it is sunrise now. ... Augustus H. Strong

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.