members, click to sign in..

5,851 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
OCT 30, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -3 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  10/30/2014
THURSDAY, SEP 27, 2012  |  170 comments
Pastor Rick Warren Hospitalized, Awaiting Diagnosis

Pastor Rick Warren of Saddleback Church was hospitalized Tuesday after experiencing pain in his arms.

The renowned Southern California pastor will be undergoing a series of tests to determine what the cause is though the doctor's "diagnostic guess" is that he has an inner ear virus that may have spread to the nerves in his neck and down his arms.

"[P]ray for a quick and accurate diagnosis, a fast remedy," he asked his megachurch in an email Tuesday late afternoon.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianpost.com

  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Albert Mohler on Joel Osteen • Dr. R. Albert Mohler, Jr. | 2/9/2008
•  The Church Growing • Richard Caldwell Jr. | 2/11/2004
•  Religion Encounters Worship • Jeff Lyle | 3/12/2006
•  Faith and Confession • Pastor John MacArthur | 1/7/2010

   03/04/14  |  Rick Warren Calls Church to Mental Health Ministry • 6 comments
   03/04/14  |  Rick Warren Squashes Rumors; Says He Strongly Opposes Uganda's... • 37 comments
   02/16/14  |  Warren, LifeWay to release 'Son of God' study • 41 comments
   12/09/13  |  Rick Warren on Redefining Marriage: I Fear God's Disapproval... • 21 comments
   09/19/13  |  Will Rick Warren lead a Christian movement for gun control? • 21 comments
MORE RELATED ( PURPOSE DRIVEN ) NEWS | MORE..
   10/30/14  |  More college students support post-birth abortion • 2 comments
   10/29/14  |  Ted Olson: 'Point of no return' on gay marriage passed • 5 comments
   10/27/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio iPhone + iPad Edition v3.8.2! • 100 comments
   10/26/14  |  NC Judge Resigns Rather Than Perform Gay Marriages • 7 comments
   10/23/14  |  Memorial service held for Ian Paisley • 19 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 37 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   10/30/14  |  TimCook: 'I'm Proud to be Gay'
   10/30/14  |  Vatican defrocks 3 priests — a decade after allegations • 2 comments
   10/30/14  |  More college students support post-birth abortion • 2 comments
   10/30/14  |  Former homosexuals: Gospel approach needed • 1 comments
   10/30/14  |  2 percent of English ministers say humans invented God • 1 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 8 ·  Found: 170 user comment(s)
News Item9/29/12 8:52 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Pastor Mike wrote:
Hmmm?
Be you an honest, can I use the word, skeptic?

Personally I am fond of saying,
"If anyone has not heard what God Himself has said their faith can be nothing more than a wishful fantasy of religious make believe."

Your postings have gotten me thinking in a bit of a different direction to say,
"If anyone has heard what God Himself has said, and denies it is Almighty God, the Only True and Living God speaking, and refuses to believe Him and what He says, commands and teaches, they have no excuse in making Him out to be a liar or make the One created the universe and every living being in it just pretend _ to their own eternal punishment from the One they wilfully sinned against."

I will probably meditate a bit on saying this in better words, the reality will still stand the wrath of God is revealed against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the Truth in unrighteousness, Truth that wonderfully changes those who repent, Truth that was right there graciously made known by God Himself personally, and Truth no amount of unbelief by some will ever nullify.

Back to story, what's up with Rick Warren, the Purpose Driven False Teacher?

30

News Item9/29/12 8:03 PM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
Mike wrote:
I'm afraid the only thing you could reason out of a cure for the common cold, is that a cure for the common cold was found.
I agree with you. Now please tell that to "Direction and Truth" who was the one who brought up the subject in the first place.

Frank wrote:
Scripture says that those who don't believe in God are fools.
Well of course it would! If the scriptures had said that those who don't believe were "really smart," nobody would have taken the scriptures seriously (because of the contradiction), they would have never been copied and passed down to us, and the religion would have been lost to history. The only reason religions survive is because they have certain characteristics which enable that. None of this is very shocking.

You also don't win debates through name calling. Unless you're a child in the schoolyard perhaps.

29

News Item9/29/12 7:58 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Scripture says that those who don’t believe in God are fools. It says that those who preach the gospel of Christ will appear foolish to those who are fools. Now that wasn’t hard, was it!
28

News Item9/29/12 7:41 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Pastor Mike wrote:
---
If one day a cure is found for the common cold, would it cause you to stop believing in God? If you're like most believers, I doubt it would. This is because religious belief is implacable to reason and evidence, and thus is not true knowledge.
Let's see if I get this right. Most believers would not stop believing in God, should a cure for the common cold be found, because they won't yield to reason and evidence, right? I'm afraid the only thing you could reason out of a cure for the common cold, is that a cure for the common cold was found. There can be no scientific evidence of there being no God in any such cure.
27

News Item9/29/12 6:33 PM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
Direction and truth wrote:
Thats right pester mike. 6000 years of blowing his nose and still moron man's science cannot even cure the common cold. What a joke.
You don't win a debate by simply restating your position. You not only need to be saved from your own ignorance and superstition but also educated on how to actually have a conversation.

The point I made which you chose to ignore was that significant medical progress has been made, which includes cures for many diseases for which the same point you make about the common cold could have once been made. You haven't given any reason why the common cold should be any different given future advances in medical technology. This is called an argument from ignorance.

If one day a cure is found for the common cold, would it cause you to stop believing in God? If you're like most believers, I doubt it would. This is because religious belief is implacable to reason and evidence, and thus is not true knowledge.

26

News Item9/29/12 7:07 AM
Direction and truth  Find all comments by Direction and truth
Pastor Mike wrote:
Science cannot even cure the common cold.. YET
Thats right pester mike. 6000 years of blowing his nose and still moron man's science cannot even cure the common cold. What a joke.
And you believe in this mortal god???

And what about evolutionary science? Another joke. The big bang - in a vacuum - which is scientifically impossible - ....
And out of this they believe comes something as complex as your neurological system?

Have you ever heard such ignorance?

6000 years and this is the best explanation moron man can come up with? Sad isn't it.

Your god is an ignorant moron, pester.

Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Psalm 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

Psalm 36:1 The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes. 2 For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful. 3 The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good.

25

News Item9/28/12 8:43 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
It takes a great deal of faith to believe your position Pastor Mike. If you chose not to believe the Scriptures and put your faith in man's reason. You are also ignoring the revelation of God in the order we find in His creation. Evolutionist take a huge leap of faith seeing there is no scientific evidence for what they believe. The introduction of the gospel brings civility to many a heathen society. Only God can open your understanding to the truth and I certainly pray that He will before it is eternally too late. Romans 1:17-23 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH." For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools,
24

News Item9/28/12 12:15 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Pastor Mike wrote:
Morality comes from an understanding of reality and a knowledge that we've all got to share this world.
So if men understand reality, and realise that we've all got to share this world, there WILL be morality?

But then, what exactly IS morality? Without a definition from an authoritative source, how CAN it be defined? Or are you speaking about the God-given conscience, given only to humans? Oh, but then, that is bringing God into it. If not God who made you, how did you happen to have an evolved conscience? Impossible man.

23

News Item9/28/12 12:11 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Pastor Mike wrote:
1)There are entire civilizations which function without a widespread belief in the Christian gospel.
2)You don't see widespread lawlessness in those countries that's greater than what we see here.
3)Morality comes from an understanding of reality and a knowledge that we've all got to share this world.
4)Therefore my right to swing my arm ends at your noise.
5)It also comes from a vision of what kind of world would be the best place in which to live, please see my comments below. Obviously it's not this caricature notion of, "I'm an atheist, therefore no rules, therefore I'll do whatever feels good minute to minute."
1) What is civilization, or function? How many civilizations have come and gone while Christianity continues in spite of persecution against it?

2) Human nature is corrupt everywhere, and only Christ overcomes it. There is no widespread belief in the Gospel here, thus the lawlessness.

3) Your morality or mine? Who says we have to share the world? What if someone doesn't want to?

4) Right and wrong are not determined by internally ordered boundaries.

5) Athiest vision is limited for it is subjective, for there is no external objective absolute from which can be detemined vision's quality.

22

News Item9/28/12 11:30 AM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
John UK wrote:
if you are a genuine atheist, there is no right and wrong, so you can just decide what to do today, and then go ahead and do it.
There are entire civilizations which function without a widespread belief in the Christian gospel. You don't see widespread lawlessness in those countries that's greater than what we see here. Morality comes from an understanding of reality and a knowledge that we've all got to share this world. Therefore my right to swing my arm ends at your noise. It also comes from a vision of what kind of world would be the best place in which to live, please see my comments below. Obviously it's not this caricature notion of, "I'm an atheist, therefore no rules, therefore I'll do whatever feels good minute to minute."
21

News Item9/28/12 9:55 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Pastor Mike wrote:
---
I don't worry about things for which there is no evidence, and neither should you.
You mean like macro evolution?
20

News Item9/28/12 8:07 AM
Mike | Florida  Find all comments by Mike
Pastor Mike. Where did everything come from? How does nothing create something? How does nothing create space, earth, and humans? How does nothing, know it takes a man and women, to produce children? How does nothing create your DNA code? How does nothing, create something as complex as your eyes? Friend. Look around. And u can see its not by random chance. But the Creator of the heavens and earth. The God of the Bible.
19

News Item9/28/12 5:07 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Pastor Mike wrote:
This is what's called an ad hominem argument. You're not right with the Purple People Eaters from Mars. You better start believing in them or they'll sneak into your bedroom while you sleep and nibble off your toes. I don't worry about things for which there is no evidence, and neither should you.
The evidence Mike is when you wake up in the morning to find your toes nibbled off.

It is a most wonderful thing that Almighty God has forewarned us of the consequence of our actions.

If you have done what is right, then you are right with God, and you have naught to worry about; just carry on doing what is right.

But if you have ever done aught wrong, then there will be a consequence for that. You believe in human law courts, which can make mistakes? Why not believe in God's law courts, which will be perfect, and every thought, word or deed will be analysed and judged perfectly?

But then, if you are a genuine atheist, there is no right and wrong, so you can just decide what to do today, and then go ahead and do it. You can even go and nibble off someone's toes if you've a mind to it. Man, that's a weird belief you've got.

"ALL have sinned."

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved."

18

News Item9/28/12 4:16 AM
nonegoodnonotone  Find all comments by nonegoodnonotone
Pastor Mike

Are you a good person? Watch the video below that even many a child could understand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCSUKIhjevo

If not a good person do you see the problem that is YOUR OWN HEART?

Do you now see the problem of your neighbour's heart?

Do you see how none of us are good and what therefore is the cause of evil?

Your problem is to explain what you mean by 'EVIL' and what you mean by a 'good person', define both and how you come to that conclusion. Make it so a little child could understand, thank you!

17

News Item9/27/12 11:23 PM
The problem of evil | man's heart  Find all comments by The problem of evil
Mike,
What is evil?
16

News Item9/27/12 9:26 PM
Phoebe  Find all comments by Phoebe
I met a pedantically tidy paedophile once.
If humans were half as good and altruistic as you claim who is making war?
What is committing murder?
Where do lies come from?
Why are people offended?
Is it the universe offending them?
15

News Item9/27/12 8:31 PM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
Phoebe wrote:
Humans are evil..
You raise some good points. I'll pick just one to address, given limited space.

You mentioned the subject of evil and so-called human depravity. I was in the restroom at a public building the other day. Next to the sink was a paper towel dispenser and a trash can for the used paper towels. It was the end of the day and several hundred people had used the restroom that day judging by the number of paper towels in the trash.

What struck me was that not a single paper towel had been thrown on the floor. Nobody had run off with the paper towel roll that was inside the dispenser. And nobody had kicked the can over causing the contents to be spilled onto the floor. Since it was a single occupancy room, everybody had the opportunity for mischief.

If humans were half as evil as you make them out to be, this certainly wouldn't have been the case. What's wonderful is that we're as good as we are. This gives me great hope that humanity will survive to see the day we're able to put the world to rights. I'll admit we do have some baggage from our evolutionary past, behaviors which once worked well, but no longer fit into civilization. This is evidence not of evil, but of humanity as an incomplete work.

14

News Item9/27/12 7:10 PM
Phoebe  Find all comments by Phoebe
You would rather, as the Bible predicts, believe in the religion of 'Super Man' ... a kind of Apollos and Cybele with cellphones.

There is no way of escaping the planet other than death Mike and space travellers still die.

"Humanity is really the best hope life on Earth has when that day comes" you say.

Where is your evidence to support this statement?

Humans are evil, controlling, greedy, selfish, ignorant, arrogant, manipulitive, envious, cunning, decietful, abusive. Evil characters are littered throughout history, Nero, The Herods, Mao, etc ..

You want to deny the presence of evil. There is no escape. Evil can go with us to another planet. Evil follows us around because WE are the problem. The evil comes from us Mike, not the out-of-control universe.

The cure for evil is death.

This is why Jesus died and yet lived again. He is the only man ever to step foot on the earth who wasn't evil. Death had no hold on him. That is how He can offer you an escape.

You want to try other escape routes first. But we're running out of time to solve the worlds problems and scientists just keep make excuses, like priests, for their 'mistakes'.
You are a religious man Mike, or you wouldn't be able to be understood on this site.

13

News Item9/27/12 6:21 PM
KJB Believer  Find all comments by KJB Believer
"Pastor" Mike you are a wacko, a kookoo bird... need I go on.
And I thought Camping was the king of kookoo birds I stand(well sit more correctly) corrected.
Note: Listen to Brother Bryan carefully when his talks about Westboro "Baptist Church", and this is the first timw you heard of it... so did I.
12

News Item9/27/12 5:36 PM
jpw  Find all comments by jpw
God made the earth and gave us both the plants and the animals for our well being.

Our bodies operate on essential minerals that come from the ground, since we were created from the dust of the earth.

our generation sees death and shirks the provision of God.

they deny it, ignore it and deflate the importance of it.

we look sick and weak as a nation. people overseas look a lot better in most places. statistics are now showing a decrease in life expectancy, and huge increases in autoimmune disease.

sick cattle can often be healed simply by bringing into diet minerals that are missing.

I've seen it happen to those we know.

Our topsoils have depleted and studies over the decades show a decrease in vitamin and mineral content within the foods.

also explains the psychadelic gm movement, just a way to keep the depleted soils going.

we are the walking temple of the Holy Spirit and care not.

a generation that hears Psi cola using aborted fetal cells to test their ingredients for best taste or hears about the aborted fetal cell lines used in many vacs to replace egg-- sick animal organ cells.... and then goes to the pulpit and says nothing! Can pastors remain healthy when they've become relativists?

11
There are a total of 170 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 | last
Last PostTotal
Pope Francis condemns death penalty
pennned: "elmer yoder, you haven't established anything on this topic. gs,..."
-56 sec 65 
Hundreds of Bibles Flood Lesbian Mayor Annise Parker's Office
pennned: "stever, i agree with your comments, you know i do. here comes the..."
-8 min 36 
Franklin Graham: Obama doesn't understand Islam
dopey: "sitting on his fanny watching nfl football instead of studying the bible in..."
-9 min 118 


Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled
Randy Wages
God's Pardoning Performance

God's Pardoning Performance
Sunday Service
Eager Avenue Grace Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS


Bob Vincent
Why I Believe in God

Rejecting Atheism
Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Rev. John S. Mahon
Biblical Manhood

Morningside Bible Church
Grace Community...
Play! | MP3

Don Bell
God of Purpose, Purpose of God

Lantana Grace Church
Sunday - PM
Play! | MP3

Kevin Swanson
Evolution vs. Christ

Firm Foundations 17
Reformation Church (OPC)
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
Petition to God, Deliverance

Book of Psalms
Shreveport Grace Church
Play! | MP3

Blog 10/27/14
Seasons and Rhythms of Life

New York Gospel Mission
&ldq­uo;why are you cast down, o my soul, and why are you...

Sponsor:
Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

See what Paul Washer calls the most useful Bible study tool in hist­ory. Click here!
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..

Sermon: Jeroboam: Obliterates Calvary
Bob Vincent






                   
The Scriptures are in print what Christ is in person. ... A. W. Tozer

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.