members, click to sign in..

6,021 active users!!Bandwidth
MONDAY
OCT 20, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff PicksNew Stuff!
CommentsALL -6 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  10/20/2014
Choice News SUNDAY, JUL 14, 2013  |  178 comments  |  6 commentaries
Zimmerman found not guilty of murder in Trayvon Martin's death
When he learned his fate, a quiet Zimmerman had little visible reaction. His face was mostly expressionless. He turned and shook the hand of one of his attorneys before sitting back down, only openly smiling after court was adjourned. His parents, Robert and Gladys Zimmerman, were seated nearby, but Martin's parents were not in the courtroom.

Defense attorney Mark O'Mara said a short time later that he and his team were "ecstatic" with the verdict.

"George Zimmerman was never guilty of anything except protecting himself in self defense," O'Mara said.

The response from NAACP President Benjamin Todd Jealous struck a far different tone. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.cnn.com

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
72% Trayvons Without Fathers • 1,230+
Kevin Swanson | Generations Radio
Play! | RSS
Truth On Trial • 220+
Kevin Boling | Knowing The Truth Radio
Play! | RSS
A Biblical Look at Zimmerman  • 710+
Sean E. Harris | Berean Baptist Church
Play! | RSS
The Zimmerman Verdict • 1,430+
Kevin Swanson | Generations Radio
Play! | RSS
An Unnatural Response to Anger • 530+
Bob Vincent | Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | RSS
Promotion of hatred by some
Minister Derrick Mitchell | Derrick Mitchell Ministries

Sinner's State After Death
  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Funeral of Young Murder Victim • Dr. Alan Cairns | 2/26/2002
•  Sinner's State After DeathRev. John Greer | 12/6/2009
•  Christians and Death, Pt 1 • Pastor John MacArthur | 11/25/2009
•  The Mystery of DeathDr. Peter Masters | 9/12/2013

   10/08/14  |  Life after death? Study provides evidence that 'out of body' and... • 23 comments
   09/22/14  |  Paypal Co-Founder Peter Thiel on Mission to Cheat Death Through... • 12 comments
   09/08/14  |  Chick-fil-A Founder S. Truett Cathy Dead at 93 • 4 comments
   08/12/14  |  Robin Williams Dies of Suspected Suicide • 64 comments
   05/01/14  |  Homeschool family among tornado victims • 6 comments
MORE RELATED ( DEATH ) NEWS | MORE..
   10/18/14  |  Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona • 14 comments
   10/18/14  |  Ted Cruz: "Real Risk" Of Pastors Being Jailed For Preaching... • 11 comments
   10/18/14  |  Rev. Billy Graham: ‘America is Just as Wicked as Sodom and... • 26 comments
   10/16/14  |  Mark Driscoll resigns • 16 comments
   10/15/14  |  Houston demands oversight of sermons • 28 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   10/20/14  |  U.S. Humanitarian Aid Going to ISIS • 1 comments
   10/20/14  |  Chicago Church Gives Away $160K to 320 Members • 2 comments
   10/20/14  |  Military preps team for Ebola response in US • 5 comments
   10/20/14  |  Government to Ordained Ministers: Celebrate Same-Sex Wedding or... • 37 comments
   10/20/14  |  Christian on trial for telling dangers of homosexuality • 4 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 7 ·  Found: 178 user comment(s)
News Item7/15/13 7:19 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
John for JESUS wrote:
Even though he was caught in a lie about his financial situation.
I have wondered about something. What happens if a criminal defendent does not want to spend their own money to get an attorney? Could they still get a public defender? If I was a criminal defendent I would not want to spend my own money for an attorney because I am very cheap with my money. Why would a criminal defendent want to spend their own money for an attorney?

What is with some of you Evangelical Protestants on here who don't like Fox News Channel? Fox News Channel is a conservative Republican news channel. And thus there is nothing wrong and evil about Fox News Channel. However NBC, CBS and ABC Networks are liberal and thus evil.

58

News Item7/15/13 7:13 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John for JESUS wrote:
You sent me a link to Greta Van Susteren at Fox News Insider. So I assumed you did. Facts do exist, as stated before, real factual 911 audio, real murder weapon, real trigger man, real murdered teenager. All facts!
Sigh, I actually picked a site at random and did not notice the fox news affliation. So, here it is from a non-fox news site

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/07/15/liberal-harvard-law-professor-alan-dershowitz-zimmerman-prosecutor-conduct-borderline-criminal-should-be-disbarred/

See now it is your word, and you weren't even there against Zimmerman's. If you chose not to believe him that is fine, that does not change the fact that there is NO PROOF for your side of the story. I am not saying Zimmerman is telling the truth, I am saying there is NO PROOF that he isn't. Thus you have a jury deciding the case on facts not feelings.

57

News Item7/15/13 7:00 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
focus wrote:
I wonder if America will ever have the good sense to remove the thousands of arsenal like gun stores on every street corner and shopping mall, to cut out and eradicate the gun shop mentality and irrelevant out dated ideologies such as the so called 'right to bear arms.'
Doo doo
56

News Item7/15/13 6:41 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
J4J, sorry to disappoint you but I don't watch FOX news or listen to Rush Limbaugh, so have not clue. You can't consider facts that don't exist, sorry.
You sent me a link to Greta Van Susteren at Fox News Insider. So I assumed you did. Facts do exist, as stated before, real factual 911 audio, real murder weapon, real trigger man, real murdered teenager. All facts!
55

News Item7/15/13 6:30 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Junsu wrote:
Yes, I forgot to mention the places ..
I find it odd that a person from Florida would ask under whose authority was Zimmerman. He was under the authority given him by the state because there is a law in the state, whether you agree with it or not, known as stand your ground that allows a person to use deadly force in their own defense. Maybe you just recently moved there. You are welcome to disdain all the other people who post here, but that would make you the measure of all things and not only does the Lord resist the proud, He demands a just weight. As stated in another post, where is your moral outrage at all the blacks killed by others of their own race or by abortion doctors by the 100's of thousands? I looked at all your posts, and not only no outrage, you even come close to suggesting that because babies would be better off aborted because society has an obligation to take care those unwanted babies and Christians don't address this issue. Two errors there, one it is not society's job to take care of them and two Christians do address the latter issue.

J4J, sorry to disappoint you but I don't watch FOX news or listen to Rush Limbaugh, so have not clue. You can't consider facts that don't exist, sorry.

54

News Item7/15/13 6:24 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
1) Both of you refuse to consider the facts. 2) No matter how you feel, there is NO PROOF that Zimmerman did not tell the truth. 3) Until you come to that reality you are going to be prejudice (because you convicted the man before, during and after the verdict, thus you pre-judged him based upon what you saw from the prejudice news media)against Zimmerman. 4) Think of the people on your side, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, liberal media, new black panthers, etc. your kind of people?
1) I considered the facts and then decided Zimmerman was a murderer. 2) Even though he was caught in a lie about his financial situation and he is obviously lying about why he exited the vehicle, there is NO PROOF that he is lying or telling the truth about what happened, so why automatically believe him? Why trust him without any collaborating witnesses? His witness is invalid. 3) Judged according to facts. 4)I don't care if some guy from Fox News is against me or if the race baiters agree with me. Does the fact that Fox News or Rush Limbaugh said Zimmerman is innocent tickle your ears?
53

News Item7/15/13 5:44 PM
Junsu | Florida  Find all comments by Junsu
I would add that when God says to kill someone, it's not homicide and does not break the 6th commandment. Now some of ur translations use the word murder instead of kill but let's consider that portion of the law which refers to mans relationship with his fellow human being. One could write a Sermon on how Zimmerman did not treat Martin with love. Again, we will never know who started the fight but Zimmerman is on tape cursing Martin out. Of course Martin also calls him a crac..,, by some accounts. They both had problems but Zimmerman pursued first with NO probable cause and outside the authority of what he was requested to do by 911 operator
52

News Item7/15/13 5:43 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John for JESUS wrote:
This seems so obvious to me. That's why I wonder if the case has more to do with people trying to protect their gun rights rather than the truth.
The gun control comment comes from someone who is in the same boat as you, J4J. Both of you refuse to consider the facts. No matter how you feel, there is NO PROOF that Zimmerman did not tell the truth. Until you come to that reality you are going to be prejudice (because you convicted the man before, during and after the verdict, thus you pre-judged him based upon what you saw from the prejudice news media)against Zimmerman. The gun control guy has been proven false time and time again, but he doesn't let the facts dissuade him (or her) you unfortunately are falling into the same condemnation. J4J, you can believe your version, but the FACTS remain, there is no proof you are right and Zimmerman is wrong. Thus he was found not guilty. Even liberal lawyer Alan Dershowitz says the whole thing was a debacle.
http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2013/07/14/harvard-law-professor-alan-dershowitz-says-florida-prosecutor-in-zimmerman-case-should-be-disbarred/

Think of the people on your side, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, liberal media, new black panthers, etc. your kind of people?

51

News Item7/15/13 5:36 PM
Junsu | Florida  Find all comments by Junsu
Yes, I forgot to mention the places where God tells the Israelites to strap swords on their sides and kill people who had sinned and other such examples. What's the point of those examples though? Those killings were under the authority of God. Police officers are under the authority of the government. Whose authority was zinmerman under? And to mike from New York, this issue is not taking up so much of my intellect. I am merely trying to point out that those of u who talk about other issues in this context muddy the waters and make any attempt at logical reasoning frankly impossible.
50

News Item7/15/13 5:16 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
This seems so obvious to me. That's why I wonder if the case has more to do with people trying to protect their gun rights rather than the truth.
49

News Item7/15/13 5:07 PM
focus  Find all comments by focus
I wonder if America will ever have the good sense to remove the thousands of arsenal like gun stores on every street corner and shopping mall, to cut out and eradicate the gun shop mentality and irrelevant out dated ideologies such as the so called 'right to bear arms.'
48

News Item7/15/13 5:06 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Tough call here for me because I am not wanting to sound like the Zimmerman defense team, J4J,1) we do know he had an interaction with Martin, what is NOT known who instigated that. 2) Zimmerman says Martin attacked him, there is no proof that this is not how it happened. (I am not saying that it could not be different that Zimmerman says just there is no proof to the contrary) 3) The jury needed proof that Zimmerman was lying and had none, the based their decision whether you agree with it or not on the facts. Again,J4j, 4) NO PROOF that the way you recount the story is nothing more than pure fiction. You might be right, but there is no proof.
1) You are right but then you later act like there is no proof of interaction between the two. I think it's clear if Zimmerman did not exit his vehicle (lying that he needed to see which of the three streets he was on, duh) then there would have been no altercation. I blame him for the contact with Trayvon, Zimmerman wasn't car jacked and pulled out of his car! 2) Then why believe the shooter who has a motive to lie? The Bible says to have two witnesses. 3) He lied. 4) 911 proof, exited vehicle, they have gun, Zimmerman was a little bloodied, hardly life threatening.
47

News Item7/15/13 4:30 PM
a great description | of this comment  Find all comments by a great description
Junsu wrote:
Zimmerman has already tried to sue NBC. Blah blah. Most of this thread is really sanctified dribble. You all scream that you care about the loss of life but speak about crap in Chicago when that is not the issue at hand. It's a sign of intellectual weakness on all your parts. We will never know what happened that night because its zinmermans choice to say whatever is going to get him off. These stand your ground cases are never fair. In fact many trials never present the truth and people get away with murder. OJ probably did the deed yet got off. We know Zimmerman shot the kid but all you loons will do will scream self defense for a situation that zinmerman caused by getting out of his car--whether he was walking back to his vehicle is irrelevant. Pure nonsense
Pure nonsense
46

News Item7/15/13 4:27 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Junsu wrote:
---
You all scream that you care about the loss of life but speak about crap in Chicago when that is not the issue at hand. It's a sign of intellectual weakness on all your parts.
---
Why is the "issue at hand" taking up so much of your intellectual strength, that hundreds of homicides elsewhere are irrelevant? In what way is Martin's death more important?
45

News Item7/15/13 4:23 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John for JESUS wrote:
Unprofitable Servant...
Idiot might be a bit strong or not. I am mad at Zimmerman for shooting a kid armed with nothing but Arizona Tea and Skittles. You say there is no proof? Proof, Zimmerman was told to back off as he was cursing about those punks always getting away. He left his vehicle. He lies about why he got out. He interacted with Trayvon and then shot the defenseless teenager. All facts that he was the one to murder Trayvon. I like what Tracy Martin said, "There is no way that my God wanted George Zimmerman to murder my teenage son."
Tough call here for me because I am not wanting to sound like the Zimmerman defense team, J4J, we do know he had an interaction with Martin, what is NOT known who instigated that. Zimmerman says Martin attacked him, there is no proof that this is not how it happened. (I am not saying that it could not be different that Zimmerman says just there is no proof to the contrary)The jury needed proof that Zimmerman was lying and had none, the based their decision whether you agree with it or not on the facts. Again,J4j, NO PROOF that the way you recount the story is nothing more than pure fiction. You might be right, but there is no proof.
44

News Item7/15/13 4:14 PM
William S. Sutherland | Houston, Texas  Find all comments by William S. Sutherland
To Junsu from Florida,

You say "The bible makes no space for killing Anyone unless it was expressly Gods will to punish some heathen nation."

That is an incorrect statement. I can site numerous places in Old Testamant law where the death penalty was prescribed for certain violations of the law. There was also allowance made for the killing of a thief by a homeowner. That is found in Exodus 22:2. I am NOT saying this passage applies to the Zimmerman situation, but the idea that homicide is NEVER justified is simply NOT BIBLICAL.

43

News Item7/15/13 4:08 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
Unprofitable Servant...
Idiot might be a bit strong or not. I am mad at Zimmerman for shooting a kid armed with nothing but Arizona Tea and Skittles. You say there is no proof? Proof, Zimmerman was told to back off as he was cursing about those punks always getting away. He left his vehicle. He lies about why he got out. He interacted with Trayvon and then shot the defenseless teenager. All facts that he was the one to murder Trayvon. I like what Tracy Martin said, "There is no way that my God wanted George Zimmerman to murder my teenage son."
42

News Item7/15/13 3:51 PM
Junsu | Florida  Find all comments by Junsu
Zimmerman has already tried to sue NBC. Blah blah. Most of this thread is really sanctified dribble. You all scream that you care about the loss of life but speak about crap in Chicago when that is not the issue at hand. It's a sign of intellectual weakness on all your parts. We will never know what happened that night because its zinmermans choice to say whatever is going to get him off. These stand your ground cases are never fair. In fact many trials never present the truth and people get away with murder. OJ probably did the deed yet got off. We know Zimmerman shot the kid but all you loons will do will scream self defense for a situation that zinmerman caused by getting out of his car--whether he was walking back to his vehicle is irrelevant. Pure nonsense
41

News Item7/15/13 3:24 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
After interviewing nearly three dozen people in the George Zimmerman murder case, the FBI found no evidence that racial bias was a motivating factor in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, records released Thursday show.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/07/12/155918/more-evidence-released-in-trayvon.html#.UeM9mT7DVoY#storylink=cpy

The family and DOJ can do whatever they feel is right, but it seems like a waste of time and money.

Also, Mike from what I have read they are suing NBC

40

News Item7/15/13 3:23 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Jim Lincoln wrote:
UPS, its the inalienable right of American citizens to have frivolous lawsuits. However, I don't know how unfrivolous it might be. I'm not sure if the parents of those people who had their civil rights violated got back all the money that they put into the lawsuit, but I do believe they got some personal satisfaction out of it.
However, as this article pointed out Civil lawsuit against Zimmerman ‘an option,’ says Martin family attorney, the Martin family has already won one wrongful death lawsuit in this shooting.
While they're about suing Zimmerman, he should sue NBC for editing his 911 call to make it look like he said what he didn't say.
39
There are a total of 178 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 | last
Last PostTotal
Government to Ordained Ministers: Celebrate Same-Sex Wedding...
dorcas: "pennned, thanks for bring up richard wurmbrand, all should read his..."
-3 min 37 
Houston demands oversight of sermons
michael kelly from cheshire uk: "the lord god is in charge of all thing and all..."
-18 min 28 
Mega-pastor signals shift on 'gay' marriage
s c from oh: "equivocation and a ccm musical powerhouse...enough said"
-1 hrs 20 


Responding, Satanic Strategies
Dr. Curt D. Daniel
The Compassion of Christ

Sunday, June 30, 2013
Sunday Service
Faith Bible Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Pastor James Mansfield
How will all Israel be saved?

Bethel Baptist Chapel
Sunday - AM
Play! | MP3

Kevin Swanson
The Vatican and Homosexuals

Who Will Stand for Truth?
Generations Radio
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Westminster Assembly's Grand Debate

Prepub 19.95 +s/h. Papers on Congr­eg­at­ion­al­ism/ Presbyt­er­ian­ism. 12/14 Napht­ali Press
www.naphtali.com/news

Sponsor:
Extra $100 Off Puritan Hard Drive Now

Click Here Now For An Extra $100 Off the Sale Price of the Amaz­ing Pur­itan Hard Drive
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..

Sermon:
Why Baptists Baptize
Dr. Andy Bloom






                   
Shame on us for being paupers when we were meant to be princes. ... D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.