members, click to sign in..
 
SITE NOTICE | MORE..
Android Version 2.1 Update! We've already released our first update to the Android app which includes auto-retry of playback after network interruption, maps support in tablets, stability fixes, and more! .. click for more info!
 

3,790 active users!!Bandwidth
WEDNESDAY
APR 16, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -10 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 16, 2014 | TIPS Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
COVER Page ALL News CHOICE VIDEOS User COMMENTS
SUNDAY, MAR 24, 2013| 205 comments| 2 commentaries
FAU student says he was suspended for not 'stepping on Jesus'

A student at Florida Atlantic University's campus in Davie says he couldn't believe what he and his fellow students were asked to do by their instructor three weeks ago.

Ryan Rotela, a junior from Coral Springs at FAU, said what happened was an insult to his intelligence.

He said the instructor in his Intercultural Communications class at FAU told everyone in the class to take out a piece of paper, write the word JESUS on it in bold letters, and then put the paper on the floor and stomp on it. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.cbs12.com

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Stomping on Jesus Update • 270+
Trevor Hammack | Victory Baptist Church
Play! | RSS
Stomping on Jesus • 250+
Trevor Hammack | Victory Baptist Church
Play! | RSS

Who is Jesus Christ? Part 1
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  The Gospel of Jesus Christ • Dr. Alan Cairns | 6/4/2000
•  Who is Jesus Christ? Part 1Dr. Steven J. Lawson | 6/13/2010
•  Why did Christ have to be God?Dr. Alan Cairns | 12/8/2008
•  Why was Christ baptised?Dr. Alan Cairns | 4/20/2009

   02/21/14  |  Man Behind ‚ÄúTips for Jesus‚ÄĚ Says Movement Not about Jesus
   12/25/13  |  Best News Ever: Christ is Born • 59 comments
   11/26/13  |  Harvard Student-Run Christian Journal Apologizes for Saying Jews... • 21 comments
   11/03/13  |  New Musical Uses Britney Spears‚Äô Music To Tell the Story of... • 11 comments
   10/20/13  |  Family fights to include ‚ÄėJesus‚Äô on grave marker at city-owned... • 1 comments
MORE RELATED ( JESUS CHRIST ) NEWS | MORE..
   04/16/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.1 for Android Mobile Devices • 47 comments
   04/16/14  |  As Titanic sank, he pleaded, 'believe in the Lord Jesus!' • 9 comments
   04/13/14  |  Feminists Go Bonkers Over Kirsten Dunst‚Äôs One, Simple Comment • 39 comments
   04/13/14  |  U2's Bono Opens Up About Jesus, God And Praying With His Kids • 11 comments
   04/09/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: Kindle Fire + Nook Tablet Version 2.1! • 11 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
   07/27/13  |  3 Dead When Bus Carrying Teens Crashes in Indiana • 34 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   04/16/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.1 for Android Mobile Devices • 47 comments
   04/16/14  |  Bill Nye Says He Wanted to Expose Why Ken Ham and Creationists... • 7 comments
   04/16/14  |  U.S. taxpayers pay to teach Islam • 4 comments
   04/16/14  |  High noon at Bryan College
   04/16/14  |  As Titanic sank, he pleaded, 'believe in the Lord Jesus!' • 9 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 7 ·  Found: 205 user comment(s)
News Item3/27/13 3:44 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Hi, so be it, I'm not sure what that means but I'll look up the versus that you posted.
85

News Item3/27/13 3:42 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Oh, boy...Steveo? Is that you, buddy? These people are liars and spiritual abusers? So, let me get this straight...the God that I serve, worship, and thank each and every day is Himself a liar? The people on this board speak out boldly and truthfully against the Roman machine because they don't want to see anyone cast away. God Himself has made the case against the Roman Catholic doctrines, dogmas, and rituals throughout the Bible. God Himself has labelled her as the great whore and has promised her destruction. These facts are clear and really don't even need to be discerned due to their clarity. The people on this board, out of pure concern, take their time to repeat the Biblical facts, year after year, which condemn everything about the Roman religious system, and you consider that spiritual abuse? If they are all liars, then you consider God Himself to be a liar because they get 100% of their facts straight from the Bible.
You are a very odd human being and your logic never ceases to mystify me.
Ok, have a good rest of the day.
84

News Item3/27/13 3:41 PM
So Be It  Find all comments by So Be It
John Y: Jeremiah 11:15
John UK: 1 Tim 4:2
Everyone else, and the silent on-lookers.
Ezekial 7: 1-21.

@ Chris: Fact upon fact upon fact.

No change. Ten years.
These guys have a serious addiction problem mate.

83

News Item3/27/13 3:27 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Mike wrote:
Maybe, Luther-like, John Y will nail his 95 unscriptural parts to the Mass to the church door.
Great idea Mike!
82

News Item3/27/13 3:27 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Disgusted, I'm, not sure how long you have been around but nothing you said makes any sense. All anyone has ever done is to post fact after fact as to why a truly born again Christian should not, and cannot remain within the Roman system. They have always used the Bible to vet their very clear cases against the "one true church". With this is mind, your post doesn't make much sense...to me. As for people speaking back and forth within this particular thread, they know him pretty well and he is free to jump in anytime but never does because he has no defense. I think he knows he is wrong but can't pull himself to leave the church because as he said, he is very shy and feels safe and comfortable there.

Anyway, good points Lurker and Mike. Who was I kidding, I probably wouldn't have been able to stop anyway...ha-ha. I never thought he was a troll, whatever that is, but the same three lines over and over, for years, when you all have drilled out the Biblical and historical facts 1000x over? How incredibly frustrating and unexplainable. I do pray for him although I am certain he feels it's not needed because, I guess, he's in denial. (?)

81

News Item3/27/13 3:10 PM
Found you out  Find all comments by Found you out
Disgusted wrote:
Why are you always speaking for John Y?
Why are the people who mangage this site SO oblivious to the damage you liars and SPIRITUAL ABUSERS are doing?
They are STOPPING other people in your church from saying anything of any worth on this site by their demonic alliances with each other and seemingly approved of by your churches and the admin on this site. Disgusted.
Hey SteveR, Grace et al

Good one!

Lol

80

News Item3/27/13 3:01 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Disgusted wrote:
...SO oblivious...
Seems to me you are oblivious to your own derangement. I'm sure there's a medical technical word it. Maybe your doctor could help.
79

News Item3/27/13 2:55 PM
Disgusted  Find all comments by Disgusted
Why are you always speaking for John Y?

Why are the people who mangage this site SO oblivious to the damage you liars and SPIRITUAL ABUSERS are doing?
They are STOPPING other people in your church from saying anything of any worth on this site by their demonic alliances with each other and seemingly approved of by your churches and the admin on this site. Disgusted.

78

News Item3/27/13 1:42 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
watchman, asked a good rhetorical question if John Y., was saved? I think Chris000, also had a good point about John Y., not wanting to join a good church, q.v., What to Look for in a Church. I would say it is very simple, if John Y., were saved he would quit the Romish Church, that is really the question John Y., when are you going to stop doing evil by aiding and abetting a false church, (q.v., Should Roman Catholicism really be classified as a Christian religion? -- No. (PDF) ), let alone start doing what is good? q.v., Why Should I Become an Active Member of a Church. Since you only believe in fellowshipping with unbelievers it is a reasonable assumption that you are one yourself, John Y.
77

News Item3/27/13 1:39 PM
Albert Cop-Show  Find all comments by Albert Cop-Show
Mike wrote:
How is it we have disagreed?
No, we have never done anything together. See you Sunday.
76

News Item3/27/13 1:24 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
modernism run amuck wrote:
JY is honestly trying to strike a balance between the historic church, its liturgy and a literal interpretation of the Bible. Just like Martin Luther tried to do. The pablum of modern Evangelical Protestantism is not just a turn-off to JY but to many of his generation.
Ignorance is bliss to you, eh?

According to Johnny Yurich, it is thanks to a non-denominational evangelical protestant church (his brother's) that he became converted and born again, because he went up to the front at the alter call and received Jesus as his own and personal Saviour. "turn off"? Hardly.

75

News Item3/27/13 1:23 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
modernism run amuck wrote:
JY is honestly trying to strike a balance between the historic church, its liturgy and a literal interpretation of the Bible. Just like Martin Luther tried to do. The pablum of modern Evangelical Protestantism is not just a turn-off to JY but to many of his generation.
Maybe, Luther-like, John Y will nail his 95 unscriptural parts to the Mass to the church door.

Albert Cop-Show wrote:
For once, I agree with Mike. JY is not a troll and is in much need of prayer.
---
But this is your first post. How is it we have disagreed?
74

News Item3/27/13 12:54 PM
modernism run amuck  Find all comments by modernism run amuck
Mike wrote:
I don't believe John Y is any sort of troll for the RCC. He actually believes what he says, and doesn't see his own contradictory position. He is consistent in his self-contradiction, and imo in need of prayer more than criticism, which invariably results in the same old responses.
JY is honestly trying to strike a balance between the historic church, its liturgy and a literal interpretation of the Bible. Just like Martin Luther tried to do. The pablum of modern Evangelical Protestantism is not just a turn-off to JY but to many of his generation.
73

News Item3/27/13 12:39 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
Just who do you and all the other Evangelical Protestants on here think you are to state that because I don't attend an Evangelical Protestant Church that I am not saved? Where in the Bible does it state that one who is Born Again must belong to an Evangelical Protestant Church or they are really not saved?
Hey John, thanks for your response. Would you be so kind as to give the response with the date and time that shows someone advising you that you have to attend a Evangelical Protestant Church in order for you to be saved? Again I believe they are telling you that if your are truly born again, you would leave the Catholic Church. It stands to reason that if you left the Catholic church you would be joined to a protestant one.
72

News Item3/27/13 12:34 PM
Albert Cop-Show  Find all comments by Albert Cop-Show
Mike wrote:
He is consistent in his self-contradiction, and imo in need of prayer more than criticism, which invariably results in the same old responses.
For once, I agree with Mike. JY is not a troll and is in much need of prayer.

The consistent repetition of the same lines with little variation is also indicative of extreme rigidity in thinking, and would place him somewhere on the spectrum.

Accordingly, despite the extreme frustration this engenders in readers he should be treated with gentleness and compassion, by other commenters, and above all prayer.

71

News Item3/27/13 12:14 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Christopher000 wrote:
I should probably stop posting about him. I always 2nd guess myself and don't want him to get upset enough to leave the board or anything. Just frustrating is all. Maybe something will click one day and he will realize that this really has nothing to do with him joining any particular church, but rather leaving one that is clearly warned against, prophetically, by God Himself.
I don't believe John Y is any sort of troll for the RCC. He actually believes what he says, and doesn't see his own contradictory position. He is consistent in his self-contradiction, and imo in need of prayer more than criticism, which invariably results in the same old responses.
70

News Item3/27/13 11:30 AM
jamesc | Fallbrook. CA  Find all comments by jamesc
John Yurich USA wrote:
Just who do you and all the other Evangelical Protestants on here think you are to state that because I don't attend an Evangelical Protestant Church that I am not saved? ...
Hi, I'm a helpless sinner saved by the blood of Jesus Christ. Nothing in my hands I bring, simply to the cross I cling.

"But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils." 1 Corinthians 10:20-22

If the Mass is a propitiatory (according to official Catholic teaching) re-sacrifice (they deny this but logic dictates it) of Jesus, and the Scriptures teach of only one sacrifice, once for all (Hebrews 10:12), then to partake of the Mass is to partake with the table of demons.

http://carm.org/mass-and-sacrifice-christ

Obviously, church membership/attendance does not save you, but if you are willing to knowingly sit under heresy, then I would question your salvation because the regenerate love the Truth (John 18:37).

If you don't agree, then you are fine with attending a JW, Mormon, COC church.

69

News Item3/27/13 11:20 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Christopher000 wrote:
I should probably stop posting about him. I always 2nd guess myself and don't want him to get upset enough to leave the board or anything. Just frustrating is all. Maybe something will click one day and he will realize that this really has nothing to do with him joining any particular church, but rather leaving one that is clearly warned against, prophetically, by God Himself.
Chris,

John UK and I came to this board about the same time near 8 years ago and in all that time I personally have witnessed only two posters do a 180 turn in their theology from Arminian to Calvinist. One used "Faithful Remnant" and the other "Discerning Believer" as their moniker and neither post any longer. Only God knows if any silent observers were persuaded by following the discussions.

The point is, commenting on a discussion forum offers the opportunity to sharpen your biblical knowledge as well as your debating skills and be a source of Christian fellowship. If we present biblical truth faithfully then we must trust God to use it for His purpose.

Is 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

68

News Item3/27/13 11:05 AM
Watchman  Find all comments by Watchman
John Yurich USA wrote:
Just who do you and all the other Evangelical Protestants on here think you are to state that because I don't attend an Evangelical Protestant Church that I am not saved? Where in the Bible does it state that one who is Born Again must belong to an Evangelical Protestant Church or they are really not saved?
John Yurich

How come you have no testimony to salvation or any Christian experience of the Lord's dealings with your soul? John you say you believe, but so do the devils! Mental assent to the truths of Christianity cannot save you. You have to experience conversion and have a real relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Are you really saved John Yurich?

If you were truly saved, you'd hate even the smell of Romanism. It is a false religion that has sent and is sending billions to hell! No true child of God would stay within that fold.

67

News Item3/27/13 10:18 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
I should probably stop posting about him. I always 2nd guess myself and don't want him to get upset enough to leave the board or anything. Just frustrating is all. Maybe something will click one day and he will realize that this really has nothing to do with him joining any particular church, but rather leaving one that is clearly warned against, prophetically, by God Himself.
66
There are a total of 205 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 more | last
Last PostTotal
Daily Bible reading and prayer is a struggle for many...
unprofitable servant from georgia: "glad to have phillip posting with us, he is a..."
-10 min 17 
As Titanic sank, he pleaded, 'believe in the Lord Jesus!'
phillip gray from gordo, al: "were you talking to me el?:)"
-53 min 
U.S. taxpayers pay to teach Islam
phillip gray from gordo, al: "prolbobly would do good."
-1 hrs 


04 Immortal, Invisible God...
Dr. Curt D. Daniel
Conscience

True Spirituality
Sunday Service
Faith Bible Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Eyes That See
Mark Pannell

Jon Couch
Called, Sanctified, Preserved

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
Our Lord's Grave

Gospel of John
Shreveport Grace Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Mistakes Of Modern Evangelism

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Bob Vincent
The Administration of Evil

The Unseen War
Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Robert Rubino
Theonomy versus Apostasy

We Are All Theonomists Now!
Fellowship Baptist Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Don Bell
Why does pain exist?

Lantana Grace Church
Sunday - PM
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Dr. Baucham: "Simply Astonishing!"

Bauch­am: "Any­one who adm­ires the Pur­it­ans simply must have the Pur­itan Hard Driv­e."
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..

Sermon:
Forsaken
Pastor Joseph LoSardo






                   
Prayer meetings are the throbbing machinery of the church. ... C. H. Spurgeon
Site-Wide RSS & Podcast | Help
Select Podcast Format | Help

HTML Embed | More
Flash Widget | More
Our Staff Picks | Info
Featured Sermon | More

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
ROKU TV
Kindle Reader

FOLLOW
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
HELP
RSS & Podcasts
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Favorites
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

NEWSLETTER
View Latest Issue
Subscribe
Unsubscribe | Change
Privacy Policy
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
QR Codes New!
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes | WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | API | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.
Our Services | Testimonials New!
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads

CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.