members, click to sign in..

4,459 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
AUG 28, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -2 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  8/28/2014
Choice News MONDAY, NOV 19, 2012  |  221 comments  |  1 commentary
Christian Convert from Islam Beheaded in Somalia

Islamic extremists from Somalia’s rebel Al-Shabaab militants on Friday (Nov. 16) killed a Christian in Somalia’s coastal city of Barawa, accusing him of being a spy and leaving Islam, Christian and Muslim witnesses said.

The extremists beheaded 25-year-old Farhan Haji Mose after monitoring his movements for six months, Christian sources said. Mose drew suspicion when he returned to Barawa, in Somalia’s Lower Shebelle Region, in December 2011 after spending time in Kenya, underground Christians in Somalia told Morning Star News. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
morningstarnews.org

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Reciban Aliento Esp. Justicia • 60+
Pastor Julio Rodriguez | Iglesia Nueva Vida
Play! | RSS

Sri Lanka - Spiritual Warfare
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Remember The Prisoners • Albert N. Martin | 1/26/2003
•  A Massacre This Christmas?! • Rev Ian Brown | 12/22/2008
•  Sri Lanka - Spiritual WarfarePaul Fountain | 1/30/2009
•  The Coming Final PersecutionDr. Steven J. Lawson | 10/11/2009

   08/28/14  |  Chinese Pastor Faces 10 Years in Prison for Protesting Cross... • 2 comments
   08/28/14  |  Ex-Attorney General: Brits forced to hide faith in public
   08/24/14  |  Obama 'plays politics' with Christian persecution • 8 comments
   08/10/14  |  Plight of persecuted Christians raised in Scottish Parliament • 4 comments
   08/07/14  |  Canadian Christian couple detained in China • 2 comments
MORE RELATED ( PERSECUTION ) NEWS | MORE..
   08/20/14  |  Legal-Courts Same-sex 'marriage' freight train derailed in Tenn. • 2 comments
   08/18/14  |  Former FBI says only way to defeat Islam is to crush it • 38 comments
   08/17/14  |  Creation Museum breaks ground on Noah's Ark project • 10 comments
   08/15/14  |  More Unmarried New Moms Cohabiting • 11 comments
   08/12/14  |  5-Year-Old Christian Boy Cut in Half by ISIS Terrorists • 17 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 7 ·  Found: 221 user comment(s)
News Item11/24/12 7:50 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Thanks, John...makes me feel better. Unless someone comes at me for no good reason, I'm hyper sensitive about offending or hurting others feelings. I'm well aware that I come on like gangbusters at times, posting my thoughts all over the place. Because of my style, I think I wear out my welcome quick with some and get misunderstood because I have a terrible way in which I express my thoughts at times...coming across as knowing as opposed to asking which is always my intent. That's why I try to add my "I know nothing" comment...ha-ha. I think I'm one of those love me or hate me kind of guys but that's because I'm over chatty sometimes and can be misunderstood in the way I present myself in my posts. I'm really a pretty nice guy, really good looking, and smarter than all of you put together. Oops, was I thinking out loud again? I have to really watch that.
Hey, I laugh to myself that nobody commented on my resurrection of the Nephelim...ha-ha...I didn't think anyone would touch that one.
101

News Item11/24/12 6:07 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Christopher000 wrote:
Thanks for the tip, Frank. John, I hope I didn't offend you. I'm not claiming to know anything and like you, I will without question, accept anything that can be proven scripturally. I would never question a clear teaching or principle but would rather just accept it, no matter what my head my be screaming, because I would rest assured that God knows things that I don't. Whatever God has done or chooses to do is good and right...whatever He allows, He works out to His own purpose. Not that you don't know that...just thinking out loud.
Good morning Christopher. No, you have not offended me in any way. In fact, I very much enjoy reading your out-loud thoughts. They reveal a brother who is grappling with issues and doctrines, comparing them with scripture, looking for truth, getting in a spin, and generally going through a process which we all are going through. There is no end to the learning process concerning God, because he is Almighty, and we are like little peas in a pod. (or rather sheep in the pen.)

So post away to your heart's content and let no man dissuade you. The Lord prefers "hot or cold", not the insipid lukewarmness which characterises many today.

Keep the fire going bro!

100

News Item11/24/12 2:46 AM
Dwayne  Find all comments by Dwayne
Lurker
What makes you say I'm not giving God his due glory?

I praise God he saved me!

"Not by anything we did". Is not repentance and faith something we do??

My interpretation is that it is talking of works.

99

News Item11/23/12 9:16 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Dwayne wrote:
I believe God chose those that would choose him because if not then I can never have the assurance of my salvation!
The bible teaches that we are assured of a right standing with God by the works of righteousness, faith and love, He works in us.....

1Jo 3:19-24 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, [then] have we confidence toward God.

And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

..... not by anything we did.

Perhaps when this truth soaks in you can finally give God His due glory for setting His love on you in mercy while you were yet a rebellious unbeliever.

98

News Item11/23/12 7:17 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Jim Lincoln wrote:
How Convincing Is the Roman Catholic View That Peter Was the First Pope? What is the Destiny of Babies Who Die?
I still believe that Saint Peter was the First Pope. And naturally babies who pass away either before birth or after birth go to Heaven since babies innocent. Anybody below the age of reason is innocent and goes to Heaven if they pass away.
97

News Item11/23/12 6:06 PM
Dwayne  Find all comments by Dwayne
I believe God chose those that would choose him because if not then I can never have the assurance of my salvation!
I know I am saved because I believe

If God chooses the people who will follow him why in the world did he let Adam sin??
Sending his son was a sacrifice for him and he did it because he loved all of mankind!!
Why would God go through all the trouble of creating everyone?
Why not only create the elect and live happily ever after?

96

News Item11/23/12 5:32 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Thanks for the tip, Frank. John, I hope I didn't offend you. I'm not claiming to know anything and like you, I will without question, accept anything that can be proven scripturally. I would never question a clear teaching or principle but would rather just accept it, no matter what my head my be screaming, because I would rest assured that God knows things that I don't. Whatever God has done or chooses to do is good and right...whatever He allows, He works out to His own purpose. Not that you don't know that...just thinking out loud.
95

News Item11/23/12 5:09 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Frank, give me a source where Gil says that? I would think he would agree with Dr. Riser on, Why Should I Become an Active Member of a Church.
I'm not an official representative of IHCC I can't go around putting words into Gil's mouth, and I can't remember where he said a person can't be a Christian without being a member of the Church. but as the old Army ad went, "Be all that you can be," and you can't be all what you can be without joining the Army of God Gil has always strongly emphasized the importance of the local church, because The Ministry God Entrusted to the Church.
I tried to find the sermon where he said it, but there was just too many to scroll through. The next time you see him, ask him and see what he says. If I remember the sermon correctly, he said that if someone doesn't "attend" church services with other believers, they could not claim to be Christians. I remember listening to the sermon and then stopped when he sais it.
94

News Item11/23/12 4:10 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
As I see it...

Ephesians 1:4-6 KJV
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Before the world was made, God chose to save some.

This election is not coming and going according to the age of the person.

This election is not applied at the imaginary "age of responsibility".

This election is once for all determined and is unchangeable.

This election means that God does not decide where to send someone according to when they die, but according to his purpose and will.

Those of my dear brethren who wish to have an unborn child go to heaven if it dies, but to hell if it lives and subsequently sins according to its sinful nature inherited from Adam, are denying the doctine of predestination and election, and are in grievous error.

My opinion folks, and I'm sticking to it.

93

News Item11/23/12 2:41 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Frank, give me a source where Gil says that? I would think he would agree with Dr. Riser on, Why Should I Become an Active Member of a Church.

I'm not an official representative of IHCC I can't go around putting words into Gil's mouth, and I can't remember where he said a person can't be a Christian without being a member of the Church. but as the old Army ad went, "Be all that you can be," and you can't be all what you can be without joining the Army of God Gil has always strongly emphasized the importance of the local church, because The Ministry God Entrusted to the Church.

92

News Item11/23/12 2:17 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Jim Lincoln wrote:
We have a lot of people ignorant about Christianity writing books about Christ, and Benny 16 is one of them! Read the lengthy articles, How Convincing Is the Roman Catholic View That Peter Was the First Pope? - Part 1 and How Convincing Is the Roman Catholic View That Peter Was the First Pope? - Part 2.
Benny 16 would resign at once since he would know the papacy was a false institution The Pope and the Papacy.
Of course we know limbo is nonsense, B-16 attempts to put limbo into limbo and What is the Destiny of Babies Who Die?.
B-16 was right about one thing and then he tried to deny it! when he quoted,
Jim, Gil Rugh said that because I don't attend church, then I'm not saved. Why would I then read an article by him regarding the fate of the unborn?
91

News Item11/23/12 2:04 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
We have a lot of people ignorant about Christianity writing books about Christ, and Benny 16 is one of them! Read the lengthy articles, How Convincing Is the Roman Catholic View That Peter Was the First Pope? - Part 1 and How Convincing Is the Roman Catholic View That Peter Was the First Pope? - Part 2.

Benny 16 would resign at once since he would know the papacy was a false institution The Pope and the Papacy.

Of course we know limbo is nonsense, B-16 attempts to put limbo into limbo and What is the Destiny of Babies Who Die?.

B-16 was right about one thing and then he tried to deny it! when he quoted,

Emperor Manual II Paleologos of the Byzantine Empire wrote:
Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached.
90

News Item11/23/12 1:07 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Christopher000 wrote:
... What child hangs out in the womb and repents?
I think you have it about right. My thoughts have nothing to do with judging what God does, but simply what scripture teaches. I never ponder whether God is righteous or not. No one was able to argue against the different judgment scenarios I presented. None of them show anyone other than sinners were condemned. A child is born with a sinful nature and will in fact sin and be subject to the wrath of God, but volitional sin is the issue, not some type of genetic make-up. Total depravity simply means that no one who has been born can or wants to do the right things. I personally believe there were unborn and born babies that were destroyed by the flood and at other times by God and He simply took them home. He said all souls belong to Him, so whatever He does, He does. I haven't had a chance to read these new posts thoroughly, but I would read Lurker's carefully. He seems to be on the right track. My only caution to you is this; don't even consider the righteousness of God when deciding, nor your sentiments, but strictly what scripture says. No one will find a scripture that says the act of being conceived is a sin that will be condemned.
89

News Item11/23/12 12:44 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Lurker wrote:
There is the principal of "good and necessary consequence" which I will accept when objective biblical proof is obviously not available. However, if the consequence encounters contradictions in other parts of the bible I must, in my mind, disallow the consequence. Any doctrine worth the paper it is written on must be built on facts.
This is how I see the doctrine of original sin. Too many assumptions which do not stand the test of non-contradiction.
Thanks for the exchange, John.
Always a delight, bro.
88

News Item11/23/12 12:28 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
John UK wrote:
My dear bro, allow me:
1. One man's proof is another man's assumption.
There is the principal of "good and necessary consequence" which I will accept when objective biblical proof is obviously not available. However, if the consequence encounters contradictions in other parts of the bible I must, in my mind, disallow the consequence. Any doctrine worth the paper it is written on must be built on facts.

This is how I see the doctrine of original sin. Too many assumptions which do not stand the test of non-contradiction.

Thanks for the exchange, John.

87

News Item11/23/12 12:00 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Lurker wrote:
1. Call it what you must, John, but I qualified my assumption for what it was while you offered yours as proof.
2. My goal was to cast a cloud of doubt over a doctrine which I can never accept as biblical and I believe I have accomplished that goal.
3. Btw, Matt 24:37-39 fails to prove your point as well. No mention of "millions of pregnant women" infants or children.
4. Also, I am surprised that you have taken such a hard stance on this particular doctrine considering the weak biblical ground it is constructed on. I've always known you as a biblical man with a "show me from scripture" attitude so I suppose I expected a position more open to an alternative view if scripture warranted.
My dear bro, allow me:

1. One man's proof is another man's assumption.
2. Is this the doctrine of "original sin"? I thought all Reformed men believed this doctrine.
3. If the Lord Jesus returns this afternoon, there certainly will be millions of pregnant women on the earth. And some foetuses will be separated from the parent, one elect, one not.
4. Bro, you know I am open to an alternative view, but if there are no theologians neither Ref Baptist nor Presby who believe it, unlikely.

86

News Item11/23/12 11:25 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
John UK wrote:
Bro, you are clutching at straws.

Matthew 24:37-39 KJV

Call it what you must, John, but I qualified my assumption for what it was while you offered yours as proof.

My goal was to cast a cloud of doubt over a doctrine which I can never accept as biblical and I believe I have accomplished that goal.

Btw, Matt 24:37-39 fails to prove your point as well. No mention of "millions of pregnant women" infants or children.

Also, I am surprised that you have taken such a hard stance on this particular doctrine considering the weak biblical ground it is constructed on. I've always known you as a biblical man with a "show me from scripture" attitude so I suppose I expected a position more open to an alternative view if scripture warranted.

85

News Item11/23/12 11:00 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
...add question marks to all of my comments because they are simply my simple thoughts. I don't want there to be a misunderstanding on that. Also, I'm not really expecting replies since this has been thoroughly talked out...unless I'm in error anywhere.
Okay then...hope everyone has a great day (and you have the day off)!
84

News Item11/23/12 10:27 AM
Dorcas | USA  Find all comments by Dorcas
To l'enfant:
We have GOD'S Word....the Bible, not falliable man to instruct us.
2Tim 3:16,17
83

News Item11/23/12 9:00 AM
l'enfant  Find all comments by l'enfant
Jesus of Nazareth: The Infancy Narratives

Pope Benedict XVI (Author)

Release Date: November 21, 2012
The momentous third and final volume in the Pope’s international bestselling Jesus of Nazareth series, detailing how the stories of Jesus’ infancy and childhood are as relevant today as they were two thousand years ago.
 
In 2007, Joseph Ratzinger published his first book as Pope Benedict XVI in order ‚Äúto make known the figure and message of Jesus.‚ÄĚ Now, the Pope focuses exclusively on the Gospel accounts of Jesus‚Äô life as a child. The root of these stories is the experience of hope found in the birth of Jesus and the affirmations of surrender and service embodied in his parents, Joseph and Mary. This is a story of longing and seeking, as demonstrated by the Magi searching for the redemption offered by the birth of a new king. It is a story of sacrifice and trusting completely in the wisdom of God as seen in the faith of Simeon, the just and devout man of Jerusalem, when he is in the presence of the Christ child. Ultimately, Jesus‚Äô life and message is a story for today, one that speaks to the restlessness of the human heart searching for the sole truth which alone leads to profound joy.

Now at Amazon.com

82
There are a total of 221 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 more | last
Last PostTotal
Boko Haram sets up Islamic Caliphate
christopher000 from rhode island: "'...the terrorists are blamed for 10,000 deaths..."
-38 sec 
Chinese Pastor Faces 10 Years in Prison for Protesting Cross...
michael hranek from endicott, new york: " danfromtn2 protesting against the..."
-17 min 
Pope Francis Says Radical Islam Must Be Stopped
observer from usa: " john yurich usa you really are arrogant to state that i am..."
-2 hrs 100 


Men who are broken
Richard Warmack
Christ Our Peace, Pt 1

Studies In Ephesians
Sunday School
Grace Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Store Item
Hurting in Hope Audio Book

Alan Lester
Product: Audio Download
Free!

Rob Cooper
When God Is Late

Collinsville Bible Church
Sunday - AM
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Robert Rubino
Beheading Children: Apostate C

Galatians 4:8-11
Fellowship Baptist Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Ken Wimer
The Savior of Sinners

Gospel According to Luke
Shreveport Grace Church
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Voddie Baucham on Puritan Hard Drive

"Simply ast­on­ish­ing. Amaz­ing tool. I have enj­oyed my Pur­itan Hard Drive imm­ens­ely."
www.puritandownloads.com/dr..

Sponsor:
Emergency Food USA

Great tast­ing, healthy, GMO free emerg­ency food. Long term food and water stor­age.
www.emergencyfoodusa.com

Sermon:
Mockers In The Last Time
Jon Couch






                   
Before Christ's resurrection, it was twilight; it is sunrise now. ... Augustus H. Strong

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.