members, click to sign in..

4,514 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
NOV 27, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -52 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  11/27/2014
Choice News MONDAY, NOV 19, 2012  |  221 comments  |  1 commentary
Christian Convert from Islam Beheaded in Somalia

Islamic extremists from Somalia’s rebel Al-Shabaab militants on Friday (Nov. 16) killed a Christian in Somalia’s coastal city of Barawa, accusing him of being a spy and leaving Islam, Christian and Muslim witnesses said.

The extremists beheaded 25-year-old Farhan Haji Mose after monitoring his movements for six months, Christian sources said. Mose drew suspicion when he returned to Barawa, in Somalia’s Lower Shebelle Region, in December 2011 after spending time in Kenya, underground Christians in Somalia told Morning Star News. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
morningstarnews.org

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Reciban Aliento Esp. Justicia • 70+
Pastor Julio Rodriguez | Iglesia Nueva Vida
Play! | RSS

The Coming Final Persecution
  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  A Massacre This Christmas?! • Rev Ian Brown | 12/22/2008
•  The Coming Final PersecutionDr. Steven J. Lawson | 10/11/2009
•  Remember The Prisoners • Albert N. Martin | 1/26/2003
•  Sri Lanka - Spiritual WarfarePaul Fountain | 1/30/2009

   11/27/14  |  Police in Sudan Arrest Church Leaders • 1 comments
   11/26/14  |  Atlanta Fire Chief Kelvin Cochran suspended for gay comments • 8 comments
   11/26/14  |  Islamic State destroys historic church in Mosul • 4 comments
   11/20/14  |  Kenya: Youths kill two Christian men after police raid mosques • 1 comments
   11/19/14  |  Pakistan: Christian Professor Arrested for Blasphemy • 1 comments
MORE RELATED ( PERSECUTION ) NEWS | MORE..
   11/26/14  |  3 billion people on the internet • 1 comments
   11/26/14  |  Missouri burning: Looting after cop cleared • 39 comments
   11/20/14  |  Rick Warren on gay marriage: 'The Church must not cave in' • 35 comments
   11/18/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: Enjoy SermonAudio via Chromecast on your TV! • 9 comments
   11/18/14  |  Final approval given to women bishops at COE General Synod • 5 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 37 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   11/27/14  |  School has hissy fit over Creation invitation • 5 comments
   11/27/14  |  Common Core Spurs Increase in Homeschooling • 3 comments
   11/27/14  |  Police in Sudan Arrest Church Leaders • 1 comments
   11/27/14  |  Did Obama halt National Guard in Ferguson? • 1 comments
   11/27/14  |  TIME Defends Ferguson, MO Rioting • 1 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 6 ·  Found: 221 user comment(s)
News Item11/24/12 5:28 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Dwayne wrote:
So the atheist does not love worship and obey his created because he does not belief in the gospel call.
Is he damned because of his unbelief then?
Of course, "...he that believeth not shall be damned." Mark 16:16
121

News Item11/24/12 5:23 PM
Dwayne  Find all comments by Dwayne
So the atheist does not love worship and obey his created because he does not belief in the gospel call.
Is he damned because of his unbelief then?
120

News Item11/24/12 5:15 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Dwayne wrote:
So all men are capable of loving, worshiping and obeying their creator?
It is very difficult - nay impossible - to worship, love and obey a being whose existence is not believed in. The atheist will refuse the gospel call because they do not believe a gospel call exists, and they believe the preacher is a nutter.

So the answer to your question is no, not all men are capable of loving, worshipping and obeying their creator.

119

News Item11/24/12 4:41 PM
Dwayne  Find all comments by Dwayne
So all men are capable of loving, worshiping and obeying their creator?
118

News Item11/24/12 4:31 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Dwayne wrote:
John if God has only planned to save a few why would he tell all men to repent?
Because all men are duty bound to love, worship and obey their creator.
117

News Item11/24/12 4:28 PM
Dwayne  Find all comments by Dwayne
John if God has only planned to save a few why would he tell all men to repent?
116

News Item11/24/12 4:14 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Dwayne wrote:
I understand that Christ does everything to save us but what I don't agree with is that he made me get saved because I was chosen.
So you don't understand (yet) that "Christ does everything" to save us.

And I too do not believe that he "made me get saved" because I was chosen. Grace works FAR better than that ridiculous interpretation.

I refer you to my previous post.

115

News Item11/24/12 4:01 PM
Dwayne  Find all comments by Dwayne
I know God is still in charge. I'm not trying to act as if I'm bigger than God because I am not! I am a vile sinner saved only by grace! Praise God he has made a way for us poor sinners to get to heaven!!
This is what's glorious! And now God says In
Acts 17

30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

ALL MEN
Some will and many wont!
Why? because some will be obedient and many will be disobediant.
A child must choose to obey his parents otherwise there are consequences.
A child that chooses not to obey will suffer consequences.
Is that so hard to figure out?

114

News Item11/24/12 4:00 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Dwayne wrote:
The latter makes God look like a dictater
Sure, if you misunderstand the doctrines of grace.

Acts 5:17-20 KJV
17 Then the high priest rose up, and all they that were with him, (which is the sect of the Sadducees,) and were filled with indignation,
18 And laid their hands on the apostles, and put them in the common prison.
19 But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said,
20 Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life.

Was the angel of the Lord acting as a dictator? Or setting free God's chosen and elect servants by the will of God, readily accepted by the apostles.

Use this as a comparison with gospel liberation from sin and death, and it will help you to get it right.

For me, I am very glad that God did not leave me to myself, or I should have perished long ago. But his love will not allow for that, it is a love which will have people saved, no matter what the cost.

113

News Item11/24/12 3:51 PM
Dwayne  Find all comments by Dwayne
Lurker
My assurance lies in the finished work of Christ!
I understand that Christ does everything to save us but what I don't agree with is that he made me get saved because I was chosen.
Consider eve in the garden..
If she was totally deprived then she would have not needed to be deceived because her evil heart would have done it anyway.

You keep on saying how God is not getting his due glory.

I say God gets more glory when man chooses to obey him rather than God choosing a random person and making that person obey him. The latter makes God look like a dictater

112

News Item11/24/12 2:34 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Thanks Lurker. Yes, that helped and I do understand, however, I don't really comprehend it..if that even makes sense. What's funny is that when I pray, I DO thank God for choosing me but I feel very awkward saying it because of the wicked life I've led. I always wonder why because we have all lived at different levels of sinfulness, but mine, although not the worst, was right up there somewhere. This makes me wonder why on Earth He would choose me as opposed to someone who lived a decent life, at least according to worldly standards. The awkwardness comes in when I feel like I bumped out someone who was never guilty of a fraction of the things that I am...total unworthyness, I guess.
Anyway, I do understand but I could never expound on it or venture clarity if anyone happened to ask for now.
111

News Item11/24/12 12:53 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Dwayne wrote:
Lurker

What makes you say I'm not giving God his due glory?

I praise God he saved me!

Dwayne,

It's not my purpose to hammer on you about the evils of freewill theism, whether real or imagined, so thanks for your reply.

The answer to your question is: Your own words, Dwayne. You rightly praise God for your salvation, as do all professing Christians, but you withhold praise to God for your assurance of salvation, crediting it rather to your freewill act of choosing Him instead.

The text I quoted from 1 John speaks of the only assurance of a right standing with God which will not leave anyone who has it ashamed on the last day. It is my hope that you will thankfully take that text to heart and permit God's work in you, and you in Him, to be your assurance as John teaches so that you can release your tight grip on freewill theism as your assurance and reconsider the truth of it, or lack thereof, objectively.... biblically.

As long as your assurance is grounded in your decision, you can't do that and sleep at night.

. . .

Christopher,

I hope this explanation was helpful to you as well.

110

News Item11/24/12 10:59 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Mike wrote:
1. I wonder at what level of unworthiness is the application of such grace made? Or is it a mere lottery? Is it the more unworthy, or the less unworthy that are chosen? Or are all equally unworthy, but some are just lucky enough to be selected for salvation before their existence, while the rest of the unborn, unlucky slobs are pre-damned for eternity? Random selective salvation is a strange philosophy.
2. Isn't it interesting that Adam is not presented as having lost eternal life via his sin, yet most of his descendants are presented as having eternal condemnation before they are ever born, and this for Adam's sin?
1. Mike, if God chose not to be gracious to any, none would complain because all are guilty and worthy of condemnation. Complainers always hate to see some being blessed but not others. They find it irksome, bro.

2. Whoever said that? Of course Adam lost eternal life by his sin. Just the same as I lost eternal life by my sin. And it won't do to blame Adam for being born condemned; that's as bad as blaming Christ for the free gift of justification.

109

News Item11/24/12 10:53 AM
the end result  Find all comments by the end result
Mike wrote:
I wonder at what level of unworthiness? Or is it a mere lottery?

some are just lucky enough to be selected

interesting that Adam

Lottery? No of course not.
God - foreknowledge, creator and predestination are important terms in this discussion. They must be factored in.

Foreknowledge - God knew exactly what was ahead, after all He made everything as creator sovereign and omniscient/omnipotent. We undervalue God by not taking these divine attributes into consideration with the outcome of saved/reprobation. Ultimately heaven as well as hell have a prominent part to play in creation's outcome and predestination 'per' the will of God.

God with omniscient foreknowledge created some for heaven and some for hell. Or as Paul puts it, "Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?" Both the elect and the reprobate are equally unworthy. The elect chosen before the world was formed (including Adam) receive salvation ONLY because of Christ. The reprobate receive justice for their sins. The difference between the two is in God's will, purpose and (fore)choice. Nothing man can do is of any significance whatsoever to the end result. Hence the end is all of grace.

108

News Item11/24/12 10:44 AM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Mike wrote:
I wonder at what level of unworthiness is the application of such grace made? Or is it a mere lottery? Is it the more unworthy, or the less unworthy that are chosen? Or are all equally unworthy, but some are just lucky enough to be selected for salvation before their existence, while the rest of the unborn, unlucky slobs are pre-damned for eternity? Random selective salvation is a strange philosophy.
Isn't it interesting that Adam is not presented as having lost eternal life via his sin, yet most of his descendants are presented as having eternal condemnation before they are ever born, and this for Adam's sin?
I have heard folks say that election is a terrible concept because it is random and unfair, etc. The scripture John UK provided said according to His good pleasure and will. Now if something is done according to His good pleasure and will, I would say that was "perfectly" just and compassionate. Why God chooses one ("sinner" John ) over another is a mystery, but according to His will doesn't allow for a lottery concept. Lastly even though I disagree with John over the fate of infants, if God sent every aborted baby to hell, it is still His choice and it would be PERFECTLY JUST.
107

News Item11/24/12 10:20 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
John UK wrote:
As I see it...
Ephesians 1:4-6 KJV
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Before the world was made, God chose to save some.
---

I wonder at what level of unworthiness is the application of such grace made? Or is it a mere lottery? Is it the more unworthy, or the less unworthy that are chosen? Or are all equally unworthy, but some are just lucky enough to be selected for salvation before their existence, while the rest of the unborn, unlucky slobs are pre-damned for eternity? Random selective salvation is a strange philosophy.

Isn't it interesting that Adam is not presented as having lost eternal life via his sin, yet most of his descendants are presented as having eternal condemnation before they are ever born, and this for Adam's sin?

106

News Item11/24/12 8:55 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
..who oppose the doctrines of free and sovereign grace.

Here's a perfect example of my limited knowledge...I have no clue what that even means...ha-ha. That may as well have been written in ancient Samarian. No need to respond because I know it's a long, deep topic for discussion. I have an advantage over others in that I've read and listened to the Bible many times over the years, but things do much, much deeper than I was aware. Now I know how people can literally spend their lifetimes studying the Bible. I just wish God would have clarified some things so there wasn't so much disagreement. The salvation process is crystal clear to me, along with all of the rules for Christian living, but there are many curiosities that cause contention like the most recent topic concerning that fate of children, etc.

105

News Item11/24/12 8:20 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Christopher, good to hear from you as always. You'll soon get used to the way some folks post here. It is a good sanctifying ground, so take everything as a gift from God, and you will shed some of your sensitivity. The key text is:

1 Thessalonians 4:9 KJV
9 But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

I don't see why folks shouldn't differ on some points yet still respect one another as brothers in Christ. I have many friends here who oppose the doctrines of free and sovereign grace, yet whom I regard as dear bothers in the Lord. I shall happily stand with them as the "redeemed of the Lord" when we get to heaven, and all doctrine will be understood better.

Now if you want to debate the "giants in the land" and these Nephilim, you'll need a better theological than I am.

104

News Item11/24/12 8:19 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
John UK wrote:
Good morning Christopher. No, you have not offended me in any way. In fact, I very much enjoy reading your out-loud thoughts. They reveal a brother who is grappling with issues and doctrines, comparing them with scripture, looking for truth, getting in a spin, and generally going through a process which we all are going through. There is no end to the learning process concerning God, because he is Almighty, and we are like little peas in a pod. (or rather sheep in the pen.)
So post away to your heart's content and let no man dissuade you. The Lord prefers "hot or cold", not the insipid lukewarmness which characterises many today.
Keep the fire going bro!
Amen to that, John. As you say, may Christopher post away.
103

News Item11/24/12 8:04 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Hi Lurker, can you explain your response in simple terms? I would have worded it just like DuWayne did so I'm not understanding something because that makes sense to me. I don't really understand this predestination/foreknowledge stuff as each is applied to the salvation/election process. I know you are right, so don't misunderstand...I just don't understand where the thought goes wrong. I'm still amazed almost everyday at how much I've had wrong...even the most simple of things. Some of you make my head hurt. I'm excited to learn, but get stressed over how much I now realize that I have to learn (or re-learn). Ug.
102
There are a total of 221 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 more | last
Last PostTotal
Islamic State destroys historic church in Mosul
stever from mt zion: " jim lincoln this article points out that americans have a..."
-49 min 
1,000 evangelical pastors urged to run for political office
john uk from wales: " frank this is one i can respond to without violating my..."
-59 min 88 
Common Core Spurs Increase in Homeschooling
unprofitable servant from georgia: "http://www.rethinkingsch..."
-2 hrs 


The Love of Jesus

Mark Pannell
More Than Just Facts

More Than Just Facts
Sunday Service
Eager Avenue Grace Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS


E. A. Johnston
America Revival Or Ruin

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Staff Pick!Play! | MP3

Lin Brown
God's Purpose for Parables

Grace Particular Baptist
Sunday Service
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Richard Caldwell Jr.
Lessons From A Potter

Non-Series Jeremiah
Founders Baptist Church
Transcript!Play! | MP4

Bob Vincent
Defending the Faith

Rejecting Atheism
Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
If the Lord Will

Gospel According to Luke
Shreveport Grace Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Ken Wimer
Chosen To Salvation

Radio Broadcast
Shreveport Grace Church
Play! | MP3

Blog 11/24/14
New Attendance Record and Thanksgiving in...

New York Gospel Mission
this week came and went and brought with it some uniq­ue...

Sponsor:
Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study

See what Paul Washer calls the most useful Bible study tool in hist­ory. Click here!
www.puritandownloads.com/pa..

Sermon: The Teenager And Proverbs 29:1
E. A. Johnston






                   
I dare not fret any more than I dare curse and swear. ... John Wesley

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android New!
Church App
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.