members, click to sign in..

5,920 active users!!Bandwidth
TUESDAY
SEP 16, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -28 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  9/16/2014
Choice News MONDAY, NOV 19, 2012  |  221 comments  |  1 commentary
Christian Convert from Islam Beheaded in Somalia

Islamic extremists from Somalia’s rebel Al-Shabaab militants on Friday (Nov. 16) killed a Christian in Somalia’s coastal city of Barawa, accusing him of being a spy and leaving Islam, Christian and Muslim witnesses said.

The extremists beheaded 25-year-old Farhan Haji Mose after monitoring his movements for six months, Christian sources said. Mose drew suspicion when he returned to Barawa, in Somalia’s Lower Shebelle Region, in December 2011 after spending time in Kenya, underground Christians in Somalia told Morning Star News. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
morningstarnews.org

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Reciban Aliento Esp. Justicia • 60+
Pastor Julio Rodriguez | Iglesia Nueva Vida
Play! | RSS

The Coming Final Persecution
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Remember The Prisoners • Albert N. Martin | 1/26/2003
•  The Coming Final PersecutionDr. Steven J. Lawson | 10/11/2009
•  A Massacre This Christmas?! • Rev Ian Brown | 12/22/2008
•  Sri Lanka - Spiritual WarfarePaul Fountain | 1/30/2009

   09/11/14  |  Police Incite Public to Film Street Preacher's 'Offensive'... • 3 comments
   09/11/14  |  Saudi Authorities Arrest 27 People on Suspicion of Secretly... • 3 comments
   09/05/14  |  Archbishop of Canterbury condemns Isis persecution of Christians • 7 comments
   09/04/14  |  Cuba Cracks Down on Christians • 2 comments
   09/04/14  |  Christian Beaten, Tortured and Killed by ISIS for Refusing to... • 13 comments
MORE RELATED ( PERSECUTION ) NEWS | MORE..
   09/14/14  |  Islamic State claims beheading of British hostage: SITE • 5 comments
   09/14/14  |  Scottish independence campaign lead before vote - ICM poll • 21 comments
   09/14/14  |  Atheist Bill Maher Defends Christians as Host Charlie Rose... • 11 comments
   09/12/14  |  6 billion smartphones in use by 2020 • 8 comments
   09/12/14  |  Former First Minister Ian Paisley has died aged 88 • 29 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   09/16/14  |  Does this Flood theory blow Bill Nye‚Äôs attack on creation out of...
   09/16/14  |  Harvest Bible Chapel sorry for church discipline • 1 comments
   09/16/14  |  Mood-Altering Drug in the Water Supply? • 7 comments
   09/16/14  |  ISIS 'Won't Be Afraid To Put A Bomb In Lower Manhattan' • 3 comments
   09/16/14  |  Pastor Gets Jail Time for Noisy Church • 10 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 5 ·  Found: 221 user comment(s)
News Item11/25/12 8:20 AM
more thinking  Find all comments by more thinking
Thinking allowed wrote:
Here is a question(s). God so loved the world. We know that God is immutable. God is love. Does God cease to love his creatures-
Don't you think you should also look at the definition of "love"? Its purpose, operation and achievement?

What does love set out to accomplish?
Will love always accomplish what we perceive (and want) it to in creation?
Is there always a "perfect" accomplishment to the act of love? From the view of its object?

We have "light" and "darkness" used as a description of spiritual perception and mortal sin.
Therefore with these two in opposition to each other - thereby illustrating the duality and the difference, thus highlighting them both as part of reality in creation. The one is perceived BECAUSE of the other.

So with 'love' - If love accomplished all that we might want it to do, viz everybody is saved and goes to heaven, then would 'love' actually be an independent attribute capable of discernment, within the perceptions which God has endowed us?

Question. Must 'love' fail, at the point of its object, as well as succeed in its definition, to enable man to perceive its existence and capacity for which it was created?

(My point may not be well explained. )

141

News Item11/25/12 8:09 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Happy Lord's Day Christopher.

It is difficult to arrive at a sensible conclusion because there are few scriptures which answer the question, "Why did God choose me?"

Deuteronomy 7:6-8 KJV
6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
8 But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

and in the NT

1 Peter 1:2 KJV
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

If you put these two together, you may interpret "foreknowledge" as "foreloving", which means that God "set his love" upon certain ones. If you interpret it as "knowledge of future events", you arrive at what you said. The former is Reformed, the latter Arminian.

140

News Item11/25/12 7:46 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
...lastly, you all are so deep which makes me wonder how, in the early days, when things were simple, how Jesus' followers got their theology right when they didn't even have Bibles to read, study, etc. I know they had him, but what he taught, we have today. Maybe things are suppose to be much more simple and we look too deep into some things, making them complicated? This is a perfect time to say, "I know nothing". I don't know...this is all confusing for now.
139

News Item11/25/12 7:36 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
... Then, there is the possibility that I'm talking nonscense because I've totally missed the vibe of the thread...ha-ha...hmmm.
138

News Item11/25/12 7:35 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Um...confusing. I need to read through this thread several more times and hopefully it'll all begin to sink in. I'm having a difficult time thinking anything other than that God chose me because in His foreknowledge, He knew that I would accept His invitation. This is what I always thought. Otherwise, how does it seem fair that God basically created some to be destined for Heaven, but most to suffer eternal punishment? Thinking this way is wrong because I didn't really make a decision for God, but rather, He decided that I would be one of His children? So nobody really has anything to do with their own destiny because it's already been foretold? What about free will...the ability to make choices, and is free will exempt when it come to believing in God? I thought that was the entire reason for free will...God wants to know who will truly love Him instead of forcing their affection and allegiance. I totally understand that God chooses us but the more I consider it, the more confused I become about how I didn't also choose to believe in and follw Him. That's the only way I can comprehend predestination as being fair...He knew that we would accept His invite. I'm NOT questioning Him as I'll accept whatever but I can't wrap my mind around it just yet. Then, there is the p
137

News Item11/25/12 7:35 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
136

News Item11/25/12 5:29 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Thinking allowed wrote:
Ephesians 2:4
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Mike
Here is a question(s). God so loved the world. We know that God is immutable. God is love. Does God cease to love his creatures- 'any man' who dies Christ-less, as soon as that man dies, or does he still love everlastingly those in hell? Is his 'great love' eternal or temporary- for God so loved 'every man?' in John 3: 16? Or is His 'great love' eternal and everlastingly consistent only for the elect? An everlasting love suggests an everlasting peace in Heaven. What sort of love does 'every man' receive from an immutable great God of love, does it change and cease at physical death or does God still love every man even in hell? Can you give an answer which is consistent with an immutable God of love who loved you with his 'great love' and John 3:16...does God's great love finally cease at physical death for many, or does his 'great love' still continue in hell for all who even die Christ-less?
Where do others stand?
You make an excellent point, and I fully agree with you. God's great love is truly great and powerful. To imagine him sitting in the heavens "hoping" to see men change is not seeing him aright.
135

News Item11/25/12 12:41 AM
Dwayne  Find all comments by Dwayne
Lurker
1. Where do you get that idea?
2. That's good to hear that you are in the faith!

I'm not bent on avoiding hard questions...I just get confused on these threads sometimes because this subject is so deep

134

News Item11/24/12 10:12 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Dwayne wrote:
Lurker you asked "How do you know that Christ's finished work has been credited to your account?"
1) My answer is that I have faith in a risen savior! He cleansed me the day I repented (I changed my mind) and he working in my life now to become more holy
2) Can I ask you the same question?
1) Roman Catholics will swear the same thing.

2) Sure. But since my question was asked in the context of assurance, I'll answer in the same context.

My assurance is grounded in the faith (love of Jesus) and love (of the brethren), the fulfillment of both covenants, which God's Spirit works in and through me. Because I keep God's commandments by the Holy Spirit He shed abroad in my heart, I am assured He dwells in me and I in Him (1 John 3:17-24). And because I am a son of the Most High and a brother of the Son of God I know that every good thing God has ever promised to His new covenant sons and daughters belongs to me for an everlasting heritage, including the benefit of the sacrifice Jesus made on Calvary.

Now, since you seem bent on avoiding hard questions, I'll ask no more.

God bless.

133

News Item11/24/12 8:47 PM
Dwayne  Find all comments by Dwayne
Lurker you asked "How do you know that Christ's finished work has been credited to your account?"

My answer is that I have faith in a risen savior! He cleansed me the day I repented (I changed my mind) and he working in my life now to become more holy

Can I ask you the same question?

132

News Item11/24/12 7:50 PM
Thinking allowed  Find all comments by Thinking allowed
Mike wrote:
The question isn't could God do such and such, but would he, and be consistent with who he is?
Ephesians 2:4
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Mike
Here is a question(s). God so loved the world. We know that God is immutable. God is love. Does God cease to love his creatures- 'any man' who dies Christ-less, as soon as that man dies, or does he still love everlastingly those in hell? Is his 'great love' eternal or temporary- for God so loved 'every man?' in John 3: 16? Or is His 'great love' eternal and everlastingly consistent only for the elect? An everlasting love suggests an everlasting peace in Heaven. What sort of love does 'every man' receive from an immutable great God of love, does it change and cease at physical death or does God still love every man even in hell? Can you give an answer which is consistent with an immutable God of love who loved you with his 'great love' and John 3:16...does God's great love finally cease at physical death for many, or does his 'great love' still continue in hell for all who even die Christ-less?

Where do others stand?

131

News Item11/24/12 7:13 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Mike wrote:
2) Let me rephrase. Was Adam condemned to hell for his sin? Is there biblical evidence to confirm it? Seems to me God plainly spoke when he told Adam what his punishment was going to be.
No, you didn't lose eternal life, for if you did, it was most definitely not eternal. You gained eternal life upon salvation. Until then, you didn't have it to lose. And surely you know there are those who say we inherited Adam's sin, not just his sin nature.
Mike, how about this text, and please pay attention to the word "perish".

John 3:16 KJV
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

and also

John 3:36 KJV
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

The natural man is perishing, and perishing is to have the wrath of God abiding on him.

The same day that Adam sinned, he died. He also died later. Until he sinned he had eternal life, he would never have died, that is how God created him.

Let's face it Mike, we are either "in Adam" or we are "in Christ", and there is no gainsaying it.

130

News Item11/24/12 6:56 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Dwayne wrote:
My assurance lies in the finished work of Christ!
Then why did you write this?

11/23/12 9:16 PM "I believe God chose those that would choose him because if not then I can never have the assurance of my salvation!"

And where does the bible teach us that the finished work of Christ is our assurance of a right standing with God? How do you know that Christ's finished work has been credited to your account?

129

News Item11/24/12 6:54 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
John UK wrote:
---
2. Whoever said that? Of course Adam lost eternal life by his sin. Just the same as I lost eternal life by my sin. And it won't do to blame Adam for being born condemned; that's as bad as blaming Christ for the free gift of justification.
2) Let me rephrase. Was Adam condemned to hell for his sin? Is there biblical evidence to confirm it? Seems to me God plainly spoke when he told Adam what his punishment was going to be.

No, you didn't lose eternal life, for if you did, it was most definitely not eternal. You gained eternal life upon salvation. Until then, you didn't have it to lose. And surely you know there are those who say we inherited Adam's sin, not just his sin nature.

Frank wrote:
Lastly even though I disagree with John over the fate of infants, if God sent every aborted baby to hell, it is still His choice and it would be PERFECTLY JUST.
The question isn't could God do such and such, but would he, and be consistent with who he is?

the end result wrote:
God with omniscient foreknowledge created some for heaven and some for hell.
This is double predestination, which is so not true.
128

News Item11/24/12 6:51 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Dwayne wrote:
1. John why are Christians then warned about an evil heart of unbelief?
Why did God put any warnings into the bible if man is incapable of responding?
2. If an athiest gets the gospel presented to him and changes his mind and is converted then he can do something about that unbelief!
For we are saved by grace through faith...eph 2:8
1. The exhortation is to those who have been freed from the tyranny of death:

Hebrews 3:14-19 KJV
14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

2. Dwayne, the two major systems of interpretation both agree that God's grace is a necessity because the unbelieving sinner is incapable of faith. Are you outside of this?

127

News Item11/24/12 6:42 PM
Dwayne  Find all comments by Dwayne
John why are Christians then warned about an evil heart of unbelief?
Why did God put any warnings into the bible if man is incapable of responding?

If an athiest gets the gospel presented to him and changes his mind and is converted then he can do something about that unbelief!
For we are saved by grace through faith...eph 2:8

126

News Item11/24/12 6:13 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John 12:36-40 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them. But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed? Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

John 6:64-65 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

125

News Item11/24/12 5:58 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Dwayne wrote:
Is not unbelief an action as well as a choice?
Unbelief is neither an action or a choice. The atheist can do nothing about his unbelief.

Hence the need for God's grace.

124

News Item11/24/12 5:40 PM
Dwayne  Find all comments by Dwayne
Is not unbelief an action as well as a choice?
123

News Item11/24/12 5:30 PM
aslo  Find all comments by aslo
Dwayne wrote:
So the atheist does not love worship and obey his created because he does not belief in the gospel call.
Is he damned because of his unbelief then?
Unbelief is sin.
Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Thus they are condemned by their own sin.

And
John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me

122
There are a total of 221 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 more | last
Last PostTotal
SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio iPhone + iPad Edition v3.6!
nick e from netherlands: "thank you for a great app. version 3.6 fails to load on..."
-28 min 97 
Pastor Gets Jail Time for Noisy Church
john uk from wales: " michael hranek brother john uk wales how much better to..."
-52 min 10 
Why Same-Sex Marriage is Expected to Heat Up This Election...
pennned: " christopher000 '...in 2012, pew found that 29 percent of young white..."
-2 hrs 


The Glory of Christ

Scott T. Brown
You Will Be Made to Stumble

Matthew
Sunday Service
Hope Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Mark B. Lawless
The Lord's Comforting Rod

Sundry Sermons
Battlefield Baptist Church
Play! | MP3

Pastor Alfred J. Chompff
Why Do We Suffer?

Reformed Bible Church of S. CA
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Ready Made Church Websites for $84.95

Get a prof­ess­ional look­ing church webs­ite today. Pers­onal train­ing incl­ud­ed!
www.baptisthost.net/wordpre..

Sponsor:
Ichabod

The Cond­it­ion of Amer­ican Chr­ist­ian­ity in the 21st Cent­ury - A. C. Clayman
www.amazon.com/gp/product/1..

Sponsor:
Chantry,Quinn,Daniel 2014 Conference

Faith Bible Church Oct 10-12 "The Joy of Worsh­ip"
www.sermonaudio.com

Sermon:
Envy, Anger & Depression
Curt Arend

Sykesville, MD | zip
Liberty Church, PCA

Pass­ion­ate exp­os­it­ory preach­ing in a God-h­on­or­ing worship serv­ice
www.libertychurchpca.org






                   
My faith has no bed to sleep upon but omnipotency. ... Samuel Rutherford

Las Vegas, NV
  28   DAYS LEFT
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.