members, click to sign in..

3,700 active users!!Bandwidth
SATURDAY
JUL 26, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -41 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  7/26/2014
Choice News SUNDAY, MAY 19, 2013  |  141 comments
Gay pride rally in Georgia derailed

Thousands of anti-gay protesters, including Orthodox priests, occupied a central street in Georgia's capital Friday, with some threatening to lash with stinging nettles any participant in a gay pride parade which was to take place there.

Police in Tbilisi guarded several dozen gay activists and bused them out of the city center shortly after they arrived at the gathering. Those occupying the street held posters reading "We don't need Sodom and Gomorrah!" and "Democracy does not equal immorality!"

Police, however, failed to prevent scuffles, which resulted in 16 people getting injured, the ambulance service said. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
news.yahoo.com

Attitude Toward Homosexuality?
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  God's View of Homosexuality, 1 • Pastor John MacArthur | 8/8/2010
•  The Bible and Homosexuality • Dr. Stephen Jones | 4/9/2007
•  The Problem of Sodom • Dr. James White | 5/8/2011
•  Attitude Toward Homosexuality?Rev. Colin Mercer | 11/19/2012

   07/18/14  |  Key West Judge Strikes Down Gay Marriage Ban • 2 comments
   07/18/14  |  San Francisco Presses Feds to End Ban on Gay Male Blood Donations • 6 comments
   07/10/14  |  Analysis: New Study Did Not Prove That Gay Parents Are Better • 4 comments
   07/05/14  |  Pop icon Elton John calls Pope Francis "wonderful" • 25 comments
   07/03/14  |  Burger King sells gay pride Whopper • 23 comments
MORE RELATED ( HOMOSEXUAL ) NEWS | MORE..
   07/25/14  |  Here's what Wisconsin looks like covered in millions of flies • 10 comments
   07/25/14  |  New Law Led to Statewide Drop in Abortions • 1 comments
   07/23/14  |  Obamacare Takes Devastating Blow as Appeals Court Throws Out Key... • 14 comments
   07/22/14  |  Christian Holocaust Underway in Iraq • 21 comments
   07/21/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.5.8 for Android Mobile... • 50 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   07/25/14  |  Here's what Wisconsin looks like covered in millions of flies • 10 comments
   07/25/14  |  Rand Paul Veers Off Party Line on Sentencing, Voting Rights • 1 comments
   07/25/14  |  FEC chair warns of chilling regulations, book ban on... • 4 comments
   07/25/14  |  Newspaper Editor Fired for Criticizing Pro-Gay Bible Files... • 2 comments
   07/25/14  |  Meet the Hamas billionaires • 7 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 4 ·  Found: 141 user comment(s)
News Item5/21/13 8:02 AM
Mr b  Find all comments by Mr b
Hey chris. How are you?
81

News Item5/21/13 7:04 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Anyway, sorry about all that again to the regulars. I do see how it could have been taken that I called a poster stupid as opposed to the comment itself. Adding to it, someone followed up with a post saying, "he recognized himself", which fueled the thought.
I am far, far, far from any state of perfection and am fine with anyone saying, in a constructive way, that I did/said something wrong.
80

News Item5/21/13 6:58 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Hi John...thanks for the analogy. I always go on rants and then regret it but can't delete them. I never even had Observer in mind, by the way, I was addressing a post where someone basically inferred that we all led sheltered lives compared to theirs in that we had no idea what real sin is because nobody, hands down, could ever top what Christ saved them from. Hmmm...not too sure about that one.
79

News Item5/21/13 5:15 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Anonymous posters who judge the saints are not acting in the will of God and should look to their own profession of faith. Changing monikers every day is a handy way of not being accountable to anyone. Makes me suspicious.

Imagine turning up at church in a disguise, and having people ask who you are, to which you reply nothing. Each Sunday you have a different disguise, so that no-one knows who you are. You refuse membership so that you cannot come under church discipline, yet walk around the church in your disguise, telling good Christian people that they are not saved because they are not perfect.

Salvation is an act of God upon the soul. Regeneration is HIS work. He brings the sinner to repentance and faith in his Son, he seals with the Spirit, he has loved them with an everlasting love, and loves them to the end, he brings them safely to heaven, saved by grace through faith alone in Christ alone, apart from works.

Trying to be nice, and believing a lie, gets nobody to heaven.

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved..." Acts 16:31

That is, believe right now, and right now be saved, instantaneously.

78

News Item5/20/13 7:55 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Pray for the families and children in Moore, OK. What devistation.
77

News Item5/20/13 7:50 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Uh, sorry about that, guys and girls. I tend to get a bit crazy when I get heated and then 2nd guess myself afterwards. I just don't like to be misrepresented, but after thinking about it, maybe I was misunderstood. I guess it could have been taken the wrong way
Ok, later.
76

News Item5/20/13 7:23 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
By the way, my profession is that I own a cleaning company. Just for future reference, if I should ever inadvertantly call someone stupid, that would mean that I'm not really a contractor or that I don't really own a business? Can you explain this? I'm really nervous because I don't want to misrepresent myself and get in trouble. Please get back to me on this. Argh...this is a real nail biter.
75

News Item5/20/13 7:15 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Brassitude writes:
Vicissitude wrote:
Thats an interesting remark from someone who calls other people quote "stupid" unquote.
No true Christian can use labels like that. Which is why we have to doubt the profession of anyone who uses them. We know who the worst offenders are. Thankfully one of the worst offenders has not posted of late.

Blah, blah, blah...get your facts straight, Jekyl & Hyde. I have never called anyone stupid, and never would. Thank goodness that I haven't though because it would mean that I'm not saved...right?Whew! Thanks for the heads up! You must be an angel.

74

News Item5/20/13 7:07 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Hey, are you all watching the news on Moore, OK? Boy, oh boy.

Visciss, still laughing over your pathetic, misinformed, and just plain wrong attempt to call me out as the board hypocrite. Really laughable...please get your facts straight the next time you try to call someone out.
Anyway, my comment was aimed towards a previous poster, but even so, we all have slips of the tongue, and as a newer Christian, I probably have many more than most that I'm learning to control. Then, another poster says that anyone who uses the word stupid can't possibly be a born again Christian...who are you people and where do you get this stuff from? Speaking of hypocrites, who are you that you are oh so holy? Who are you to point out anyones flaws or mistakes in such a snide, judgemental way, even if I had called someone stupid? Being the mature Christian that I assume you are...bravo...job well done. You leave me very unimpressed.

73

News Item5/20/13 6:32 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Vicissitude writes:
Wharton wrote:
I agree Chris. Observer is one such.
You are a thief "Wharton" - Because you have stolen my moniker.

----------

Christopher000 wrote:
I find it interesting when I see those who judge, berate, and dictate. They are always the same...they look down upon others, and are unteachable; believing that they have it all figured out, and oftentimes, they love to make personal comparisons.
Thats an interesting remark from someone who calls other people quote "stupid" unquote.

Here's an idea: Get your facts straight before trying to make anyone look foolish, because in the end, it will be you who looks foolish.
I have never called anyone stupid, but rather referred to their divisive, sarcastic comment as being stupid. How are you feeling now? Next.

72

News Item5/20/13 5:30 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Brassitude wrote:
1. Does not follow.
2. The Baptys recognised enough truth in the WCF to modify it for their purposes and adopt that as their subordinate standard. So spare me your sanctimonious nonsense.
I think the likes of observer do more tearing down than any number of anonymous posters. It's a shame that you feel able to participate with him in that tearing down. No doubt it makes you feel good, but it's not glorifying to God. Wise up and repent.
Feel better now?

Observer put in a lot of effort to help you see that your own people - Presby theologians - maintained that baptism was from the beginning, by immersion. I regard that as an act of kindness, to put you clear on the fact that modern Presbys have altered the original, and formed opinions which their forefathers would have denied.

If you had hearkened to those extensive posts, instead of simply ignoring them, Observer would not have been anywhere near as hard on you as he was. He was quite correct to call you liars and deceivers, because that was a simple fact, and may not be referred to as name-calling. Call a spade a spade, and a liar a liar.

And baptismal regeneration is a downright lie.

Wise up, if God wills it.

71

News Item5/20/13 5:22 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
The discussion gets old as it goes nowhere, those who believe that somehow a person can be born again and still walk in darkness, a direct contradiction of I John 1, claim we have saved people in a false religion. No amount of reasoning from the Scripture or exhortation, whether given out in an abrasive or non-abrasive fashion, seems to make a difference. You may not like his style but Observer gave out many great arguments to back up His position.

To place in doubt a person's salvation because they don't use language of which you approve not only demonstrates lack of Bible understanding, it shows a lack of understanding of one's own heart. All of us have numerous areas that we need to show a broken and contrite spirit and confess that we need growth in grace. How oft shall my brother offend me, 70x7 implies two things, we need a great deal of forgiveness for others and that people don't put away offensive habits easily. We are what we are by the grace of God and for His glory. Thankfully we serve a God who abundantly pardons and remembers our frame that we are but dust. May we humbly beseech God for the wisdom to determine to walk in the light as He is in the light, to delight in His company and to detest anything that leads us out of the paths of righteousness.

70

News Item5/20/13 5:07 PM
Brassitude  Find all comments by Brassitude
John UK wrote:
Note,
1. It is foolishness to post under your moniker today, and another one tomorrow, and another one the next day, and ad infinitum. It shows that you are not here to build up but tear down.
2. I would rather have as a friend someone that was truthful, than liars and deceivers. The display of arrogance and ignorance by paedobaptists on these threads was certainly unChristian. Ignoring the facts, and claiming superiority over the common man was certainly Phariseeical in the extreme. You should be outright ashamed of yourself.
[snip]
If you want to play the fool, expect to be laughed at. If not, please stop deceiving the thread by remaining anonymous. Your motives are suspicious.
1. Does not follow.
2. The Baptys recognised enough truth in the WCF to modify it for their purposes and adopt that as their subordinate standard. So spare me your sanctimonious nonsense.

I think the likes of observer do more tearing down than any number of anonymous posters. It's a shame that you feel able to participate with him in that tearing down. No doubt it makes you feel good, but it's not glorifying to God. Wise up and repent.

69

News Item5/20/13 4:46 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Brassitude wrote:
Name calling is an indication of happiness?
Which is worse? Changing monikers or the sort of unchristian behavior that you indulged in with your disgraceful buddy observer?
Note,
1. It is foolishness to post under your moniker today, and another one tomorrow, and another one the next day, and ad infinitum. It shows that you are not here to build up but tear down.

2. I would rather have as a friend someone that was truthful, than liars and deceivers. The display of arrogance and ignorance by paedobaptists on these threads was certainly unChristian. Ignoring the facts, and claiming superiority over the common man was certainly Phariseeical in the extreme. You should be outright ashamed of yourself.

There are good folks here who have posted under the same moniker for years or even decades, and I respect them, even when they are in disagreement with my theology. I would respect you if you entered into proper discussion, instead of parading yourself as some pope with a judgmental attitude.

If you want to play the fool, expect to be laughed at. If not, please stop deceiving the thread by remaining anonymous. Your motives are suspicious.

68

News Item5/20/13 4:34 PM
Brassitude  Find all comments by Brassitude
John UK wrote:
Good to meet another happy Christian.
Well, I say Christian, but who knows? I don't know you from Adam. It's a shame you have to keep changing moniker, I thought only fools did that, eh?
Name calling is an indication of happiness?

Which is worse? Changing monikers or the sort of unchristian behavior that you indulged in with your disgraceful buddy observer?

67

News Item5/20/13 4:22 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Brassitude wrote:
'Let him become a fool', as the world would account it, because the subject is God's wisdom versus Man's wisdom. It does not mean we should literally act like fools which is what have witnessed on this board under numerous threads for a few months now.
Good to meet another happy Christian.

Well, I say Christian, but who knows? I don't know you from Adam. It's a shame you have to keep changing moniker, I thought only fools did that, eh?

66

News Item5/20/13 4:10 PM
Brassitude  Find all comments by Brassitude
John UK wrote:
Eh?
1 Corinthians 3:18 KJV
18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
'Let him become a fool', as the world would account it, because the subject is God's wisdom versus Man's wisdom. It does not mean we should literally act like fools which is what have witnessed on this board under numerous threads for a few months now.
65

News Item5/20/13 3:58 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Brassitude wrote:
Christians should behave like fools?
Eh?

1 Corinthians 3:18 KJV
18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

Galatians 6:3 KJV
3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

64

News Item5/20/13 3:55 PM
Brassitude  Find all comments by Brassitude
John UK wrote:
The wisest people are fools.
1 Corinthians 3:18 KJV
18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
Christians should behave like fools?

Good to see that no one has come to observer's defense. Maybe order has restored itself at long last.

63

News Item5/20/13 3:50 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
The wisest people are fools.

1 Corinthians 3:18 KJV
18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

Frank wrote:
Pilgrim, I agree those verses are difficult at best and I am not sure I can reconcile everything? But, I personally came to the following conclusion.
Verses 9-12 could be referring to the Jews in general, prior to the giving of the Mosaic law. Prior to conversion or post-conversion make no sense. "Paul was always under the law so when he uses the word “I” he can’t be referring to himself", but to historical Jews in general. It could easily be that he was simply referring back to his thought in Romans 5 [13]
Thanks bro. I'll bear it in mind when I go through the passage. As you say, it is not an easy text.
62
There are a total of 141 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 | last
Last PostTotal
FEC chair warns of chilling regulations, book ban on...
jim lincoln from nebraska: "ah, jamie, that's the point, i won't be worked up,..."
-8 min 
'Their God changes path of rockets in mid-air'
christopher000 from rhode island: "penelope, in fairness, us did seperate the two..."
-16 min 43 
Newspaper Editor Fired for Criticizing Pro-Gay Bible Files...
jim lincoln from nebraska: "http://www.sermonaudio.com/s..."
-16 min 


Track 01 - How Great Thou Art
Andrew Quigley
Getting On The Road!

Ruth - The Road to Redemption!
Sunday - PM
Airdrie Reformed Presbyterian
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Pastor Alfred J. Chompff
Vipers Seek For a Sign

Reformed Bible Church of S. CA
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Underground Church In America

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Play! | MP3

Blog 7/24/14
Vile and Full of Sin Am I, Thou Art Full...

New York Gospel Mission
som­et­imes i am amazed at the way things work out for...

Sponsor:
Perfect Fulfillments Of Prophecies!

The Rise & Fall Of Islam, & the Papal Ant­ichr­ist, For­et­old In the Book Of Rev­el­at­ion!
ow.ly/zvwsg

Sermon:
Qualities of a Soldier
Guy Walker






                   
Never did a believer in Jesus die or drown in his voyage to heaven. ... Robert Traill

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV New!
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch New!
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.