members, click to sign in..

4,259 active users!!Bandwidth
FRIDAY
JUL 25, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -12 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  7/25/2014
SUNDAY, MAR 24, 2013  |  205 comments  |  2 commentaries
FAU student says he was suspended for not 'stepping on Jesus'

A student at Florida Atlantic University's campus in Davie says he couldn't believe what he and his fellow students were asked to do by their instructor three weeks ago.

Ryan Rotela, a junior from Coral Springs at FAU, said what happened was an insult to his intelligence.

He said the instructor in his Intercultural Communications class at FAU told everyone in the class to take out a piece of paper, write the word JESUS on it in bold letters, and then put the paper on the floor and stomp on it. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.cbs12.com

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Stomping on Jesus Update • 270+
Trevor Hammack | Victory Baptist Church
Play! | RSS
Stomping on Jesus • 250+
Trevor Hammack | Victory Baptist Church
Play! | RSS

Who is Jesus Christ? Part 1
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  The Gospel of Jesus Christ • Dr. Alan Cairns | 6/4/2000
•  Who is Jesus Christ? Part 1Dr. Steven J. Lawson | 6/13/2010
•  Why did Christ have to be God?Dr. Alan Cairns | 12/8/2008
•  Christ: 'Everlasting Father'?Dr. Alan Cairns | 12/22/2008

   07/09/14  |  Google Has a Jesus-Shaped Hole in Its Graph • 4 comments
   07/09/14  |  Obama Admin: 'Jesus was a Refugee' • 12 comments
   05/27/14  |  Was Mark Driscoll right? Did Jesus make mistakes? • 12 comments
   05/27/14  |  Pope, Netanyahu spar over Jesus' native language • 39 comments
   05/12/14  |  Justin Bieber Talks Passionately About Jesus' Crucifixion • 11 comments
MORE RELATED ( JESUS CHRIST ) NEWS | MORE..
   07/23/14  |  Obamacare Takes Devastating Blow as Appeals Court Throws Out Key... • 14 comments
   07/22/14  |  Christian Holocaust Underway in Iraq • 21 comments
   07/21/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.5.8 for Android Mobile... • 50 comments
   07/20/14  |  Christians Responsible for Most 'Hateful Internet Speech,' Says... • 111 comments
   07/19/14  |  Family Behind Hobby Lobby Has New Project: Bible Museum • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   07/25/14  |  Here's what Wisconsin looks like covered in millions of flies • 1 comments
   07/25/14  |  Rand Paul Veers Off Party Line on Sentencing, Voting Rights • 1 comments
   07/25/14  |  FEC chair warns of chilling regulations, book ban on...
   07/25/14  |  Newspaper Editor Fired for Criticizing Pro-Gay Bible Files...
   07/25/14  |  Meet the Hamas billionaires • 2 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 3 ·  Found: 205 user comment(s)
News Item3/29/13 12:08 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Obviously, Satan will counterfeit all that God does. Which "church" upon the earth do people think is Satan's greatest effort in mimicking the true church?
165

News Item3/29/13 11:29 AM
beneath  Find all comments by beneath
Open reach wrote:
I will ask again:
1. Can Romanism save?
2. Why are you concerned with whether SteveR is right or not, if you are not SteveR and presumably not linked to him in any way?
FYI. 1. It is God who saves.
It is not Romanism, Baptist'ism, Presbyterianism or any other of mans ism's.

2. I merely used Steve's point in the ongoing debate with John.

Lurker wrote:
What is the saving light which shines forth from the darkness of the RCC which brings some members to the new birth?
Christ Jesus is the only "saving light" which saves.
164

News Item3/29/13 10:40 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Rottenfruit wrote:
The Truth. A turning away from all the role-playing. Suspicions about what is really going on. The ghastly people you meet. The liars you meet in the church who are deeply respected by almost everyone.
The calling of good 'evil' and evil 'good'.
The reading of 'Call no one Father ..."
When you notice how abusive the parish priest can be. When you notice how no one wants to talk about God or Jesus or the Holy Spirit outside of Mass but they are always keen to talk about Father so and so..
Lots of little things really. Suddenly it all seems so riddiculous and whalllaaah! A light dawns.
Then unfortunately many RC's discover that exactly the same things live in other churches and that exactly the same things are tolerated, because sin is reduced to a whole lot of do's, don'ts and corrections as opposed to the attitude and behaviour of people
Sounds like you are speaking from personal experience. The things you mentioned are pricks of the heart telling you peace with God will never be found in the RCC for that evil institution has never known the way of peace or the Truth. Try getting the Truth from its source, the HS inspired bible.
Query wrote:
How please?
I did a Google search for pia SermonAudio
163

News Item3/29/13 7:33 AM
Query  Find all comments by Query
Lurker wrote:
....Actually, I looked up your history....,
How please?
162

News Item3/29/13 7:31 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
I think it's interesting how these Roman Catholics keep jumping around from thread to thread stating that everyone here is a liar and a deceiver. Well, it's probably one person with many names. Anyway, what I find so Iinteresting is the person has yet to post up one lie or deceitful statement to validate their claims. Hmmm. I think this is really all about: "How dare you say tell anyone, according to the Bible, by the way, that we are not the one true church!" "We don't care what the Bible has to say about anything because our God speaks directly through our Pope!".

The Bible (the truth) holds the key and is the sole authority for most on the forum. To call them liars is to call God a liar because everything they argue comes directly from scripture.

161

News Item3/29/13 7:23 AM
UrFatuous  Find all comments by UrFatuous
SteveR wrote:
Please stop deflecting with false accusations and answer the fine response by beneath.
Don't you have better things to do with your time then come on these forums trying to find suitable company for hell?!
160

News Item3/29/13 5:53 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Beneath, I have enjoyed our little dialogue. We have posted with respect to each other, and put forward our views. Are you now ceased? If so, that is rather a shame, as you could have made some good progress.

If you are a Catholic, no doubt you are used to accepting unreservedly the claims of your church and your pope, and do not regard any of their pronouncements as possibly having any error. Maybe that is why you quote from protestant theologians, for you imagine that I am the same. Well, beneath, let me tell you that I do not have a protestant pope to worship and accept unreservedly. I do not have a photo of any theologian hanging on the wall, nor a crucifix in a prominent place. What I have is what the Bible speaks of, namely, "Christ in you" the hope of glory.

I mentioned my anglican friends as an example of how the darkness is dispelled when a nominal Christian comes away from their church for a while, and hears the true, light-bringing gospel message of salvation for sinners through the finished, completed work of the Lord Jesus Christ, who took away sin by the sacrifice of himself. He was both priest and sacrifice, dying as a substitute for sinners. But rising again as conquering King, and ascending into heaven, he calls men to himself.

159

News Item3/29/13 1:09 AM
Rottenfruit  Find all comments by Rottenfruit
Lurker wrote:
Ah yes. I remember well. (Actually, I looked up your history to refresh my memory. ) You were a prolific, likeminded poster in 2007.
Great to hear from you again, "reverent" sister. I once asked SteveR and got no answer...... What is the saving light which shines forth from the darkness of the RCC which brings some members to the new birth?
Perhaps you can answer.
The Truth. A turning away from all the role-playing. Suspicions about what is really going on. The ghastly people you meet. The liars you meet in the church who are deeply respected by almost everyone.
The calling of good 'evil' and evil 'good'.
The reading of 'Call no one Father ..."
When you notice how abusive the parish priest can be. When you notice how no one wants to talk about God or Jesus or the Holy Spirit outside of Mass but they are always keen to talk about Father so and so..
Lots of little things really. Suddenly it all seems so riddiculous and whalllaaah! A light dawns.
Then unfortunately many RC's discover that exactly the same things live in other churches and that exactly the same things are tolerated, because sin is reduced to a whole lot of do's, don'ts and corrections as opposed to the attitude and behaviour of people
158

News Item3/28/13 11:50 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Personally wrote:
pia
Ah yes. I remember well. (Actually, I looked up your history to refresh my memory. ) You were a prolific, likeminded poster in 2007.

Great to hear from you again, "reverent" sister.

beneath wrote:
Many of God's disciples are not erudite by nature, - Can we claim that God would discriminate against them because of this?
I once asked SteveR and got no answer...... What is the saving light which shines forth from the darkness of the RCC which brings some members to the new birth?

Perhaps you can answer.

157

News Item3/28/13 11:43 PM
Hubert  Find all comments by Hubert
John UK wrote:
1. Is there any reason why I shouldn't disagree with him?
2. Are you saying that the RCC's don't teach their adherents anything?
And if they do teach them, any one of God's children will know the difference between a false baptismal regeneration and a true regeneration. As I said, regeneration has a profound inner change of nature. It results in a new life and, as the Bible says, we "have the mind of Christ". Anyone experiencing the new birth will immediately reject their former teaching. I have personally met former Protestants (Anglicans) who had attended their church for forty or more years as nominal Christians, but when once they heard the gospel message at another place and were soundly converted, they never returned again to that Anglican monstrosity.
Gods elect are provided with theological expertise by studying theology.

Does anyone know how to tell whether a theologian is 'of the elect' or not?

156

News Item3/28/13 7:54 PM
feeblemind  Find all comments by feeblemind
beneath wrote:
Many of God's disciples are not erudite by nature Can we claim that God would discriminate against them because
Regeneration grants even the uneducated the gift of the Holy Spirit, therefore are we to assume the same Spirit will separate the intellectually wise converted RC, bringing him out of Satan's masterpiece BUT leave the poor spiritually alive feeblemind living amongst the dead wood of the Antichrist system? THAT IS DISCRIMINATION!

The Lord sent Phillip to the Ethiopian eunuch, yet the same ALL Mighty All Powerful Creator of Heaven and Earth would regenerate a new creature in Christ and leave His child stagnating in the graveyard of apostasy with no other living spiritual fellowship or helps?

Would He not send one of His servants to help this uneducated new convert,-a neighbour or some other providential meeting to gently guide this new born little lamb?

Where are these converted brethren still in the Romish church? Where is just ONE preaching the authentic gospel? You need to validate your assumption with some solid examples from the 21st century, or they are but your personal assumptions.

You can be converted and remain the RC system for a time, but you are not a RC and the Lord will bring you out.

155

News Item3/28/13 7:07 PM
Open reach  Find all comments by Open reach
beneath wrote:
Ah then that would suggest you "can" accept SteveR's premise that Roman Catholics can be true Christians?
I will ask again:

1. Can Romanism save?

2. Why are you concerned with whether SteveR is right or not, if you are not SteveR and presumably not linked to him in any way?

154

News Item3/28/13 7:04 PM
Gander  Find all comments by Gander
SteveR wrote:
As EVERYONE here knows, I do not hold to the doctrines of Rome. Please stop deflecting with false accusations and answer the fine response by beneath.
Never mind, I cant stay.
Who does Rome anathematize?

SteveR wrote:
Only false believers, the ones that are liars.
No wonder you are not staying...

Beneath,
Do you accept SteveR's premise that protestants are rightly anathematized by Rome and no true Christians?

153

News Item3/28/13 6:51 PM
Beneath contempt  Find all comments by Beneath contempt
beneath wrote:
Question, Are all of God's elect provided with the theological expertise and intellect to discern the difference between the RCC theological stance and the Reformed one, thus rejecting the one for the other?
Ye know not the scriptures nor the God of the Bible which is why you are here to attempt to cause the saints to stumble.

Those who are born from above have the Holy Spirit and hence an unction/an anointing:

1 John 2.20

"But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things."

1 John 2.27

"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him"

This gives them an instinct for what is right and wrong especially in detecting what is Anti-Christian (see context of those verses). Do you suppose that God would leave his vulnerable babes amidst wolves defenceless?

****This is one reason I do not accept that John Y is converted. There is no indication whatsoever of this anointing in his life!****

You think salvation is all about intellect? You RCC apologists really are ignorant and full of hate!

152

News Item3/28/13 6:44 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
beneath wrote:
Ah then you disagree with Lloyd-Jones.

But your remark above brings us to theology again. Question, Are all of God's elect provided with the theological expertise and intellect to discern the difference between the RCC theological stance and the Reformed one, thus rejecting the one for the other?

1. Is there any reason why I shouldn't disagree with him?

2. Are you saying that the RCC's don't teach their adherents anything?

And if they do teach them, any one of God's children will know the difference between a false baptismal regeneration and a true regeneration. As I said, regeneration has a profound inner change of nature. It results in a new life and, as the Bible says, we "have the mind of Christ". Anyone experiencing the new birth will immediately reject their former teaching. I have personally met former Protestants (Anglicans) who had attended their church for forty or more years as nominal Christians, but when once they heard the gospel message at another place and were soundly converted, they never returned again to that Anglican monstrosity.

151

News Item3/28/13 6:34 PM
SteveR | Upper Midwest  Find all comments by SteveR
Gander wrote:
Do you accept SteveR's premise that protestants are rightly anathematized by Rome and no true Christians?
As EVERYONE here knows, I do not hold to the doctrines of Rome. Please stop deflecting with false accusations and answer the fine response by beneath.

Never mind, I cant stay. So let me guess. I will predict you will respond with the fallacy that a Saint MUST leave the RCC when saved. Right? Like you can bully God to place conditions on who can be saved by Sovereign Grace?

150

News Item3/28/13 6:27 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
from the article sited by beneath written by Martin Lloyd-Jones (not Ian Paisley just his website)Catholics teach that justification is the result of baptism. And the result is that they denounce as dangerous heresy the Protestant teaching of justification by faith only. You see how it works - everything in their teaching makes you dependent upon the Church. Are you saying that you can repent and go to Christ and believe in Him and be saved? No, you must have this operation worked upon you by the priest through your baptism. All along it makes the priest and the Church absolutely essential. You are helpless without them, you are bound to them.
so are you saying, beneath, that a person who holds these doctrines is saved? It would be one thing if John Y did not know the truth. If he had no better knowledge of what God wants him to do. Is he saved? Only God can look at the heart, and as the rest of the verse states we can only see the outward appearance. Fruit inspectors if you will. If John has been truly born from above why would he conscientiously choose to walk in darkness and trample under foot the precious blood of our Lord and Savior. Why would he knowingly want to be unequally yoked with an unbeliever? Why would he not hate false doctrine (avoid it, pass not by it)
149

News Item3/28/13 6:24 PM
Gander  Find all comments by Gander
beneath wrote:
Ah then that would suggest you "can" accept SteveR's premise that Roman Catholics can be true Christians?
Do you accept SteveR's premise that protestants are rightly anathematized by Rome and no true Christians?
148

News Item3/28/13 6:05 PM
beneath  Find all comments by beneath
John UK wrote:
It is impossible to "be" a Roman Catholic, and a Christian at the same time.
Ah then you disagree with Lloyd-Jones.

"There are, of course, individuals who are both Roman Catholics and Christians. You can be a Christian and yet be a Roman Catholic. My whole object is to try to show that such people are Christians in spite of the system to which they belong, and not because of it. But let us be clear about this; it is possible to be an individual Christian in the Roman Catholic Church." (Dr. M.Lloyd-Jones)

But your remark above brings us to theology again. Question, Are all of God's elect provided with the theological expertise and intellect to discern the difference between the RCC theological stance and the Reformed one, thus rejecting the one for the other?

Looking back over history we must be realistic about the educational ability or lack thereof, of many in the pews who simply did not have that expertise to apply the theological detail arguement, in order to reject the RCC in favor of Reformed doctrine.

Also is it not logical to assume that this is the case for some today also? Many of God's disciples are not erudite by nature, - Can we claim that God would discriminate against them because of this?

147

News Item3/28/13 5:46 PM
Open reach  Find all comments by Open reach
beneath wrote:
Ah then that would suggest you "can" accept SteveR's premise that Roman Catholics can be true Christians?
Can Romanism save?

Why are you concerned with whether SteveR is right or not, if you are not SteveR and presumably not linked to him in any way?

146
There are a total of 205 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more | last
Last PostTotal
130 Environmental Groups Call For An End To Capitalism
john uk from wales: " look deeper its the devout... if you understood the..."
-8 min 24 
Meet the Hamas billionaires
toragle: "'the arshaq al-awsad (middle east) newspaper, one of the most prestigious..."
-32 min 
'Their God changes path of rockets in mid-air'
unprofitable servant from georgia: " pennned unprofitable servant, how you can..."
-2 hrs 22 


The Dangers of the Tech Age
Dr. Greg Harris
But I Have This Against You

The Book of Revelation
Sunday Service
Lake Hills Community Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Pastor Alfred J. Chompff
Vipers Seek For a Sign

Reformed Bible Church of S. CA
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

Russ Sukhia
Nature of God, Pt 6 (Revised)

The Nature of God (Revised)
Liberty Church, PCA
Transcript!Play! | MP4

E. A. Johnston
Why The Church Quit Preaching

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Transcript!Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Underground Church In America

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Play! | MP3

Robert Rubino
1517 All Over Again!

Galatians 2:11-20
Fellowship Baptist Church
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Perfect Fulfillments Of Prophecies!

The Rise & Fall Of Islam, & the Papal Ant­ichr­ist, For­et­old In the Book Of Rev­el­at­ion!
ow.ly/zvwsg

Sermon:
Magnifying Your Mission
Chuck Muether






                   
The covenant is a rocky foundation to build on for life or for death. ... C. H. Spurgeon

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV New!
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch New!
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.