members, click to sign in..

4,239 active users!!Bandwidth
WEDNESDAY
DEC 17, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -54 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
About | $1 Signup!
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  12/17/2014
SUNDAY, JAN 20, 2013  |  85 comments  |  1 commentary
Public School Bans Religious Visitors
An Arkansas public school district has banned youth pastors and other religious groups from visiting during school hours after a Wisconsin group filed a complaint and called the practice “predatory.”

“We have temporarily suspended allowing these youth pastors and other faith based leaders to come in during the lunch hour and we are reviewing policy and the law,” Conway Public School Supt. Greg Murry told Fox News.

The school district has retained the services of Liberty Institute, a law firm known for handling religious liberty cases. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
radio.foxnews.com

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Public School Bans Visitors • 210+
Sean E. Harris | Berean Baptist Church
Play! | RSS

   12/17/14  |  Can’t Have Your Cake, Gays Are Told, and a Rights Battle Rises
   12/10/14  |  T-shirt company prosecuted for not making 'gay' apparel • 6 comments
   11/20/14  |  Education group wants Moses mentions cut from new Texas textbooks • 6 comments
   11/11/14  |  School bans students from praying together • 6 comments
   11/07/14  |  Court: Mayor of Houston on wrong side of the law • 12 comments
MORE RELATED ( FIRST AMENDMENT ) NEWS | MORE..
   12/13/14  |  US Dept of Education to Schools: Let Students Choose if They Are... • 9 comments
   12/13/14  |  Kentucky Withdraws $18 Million in Tax Breaks for Noah's Ark... • 5 comments
   12/13/14  |  Homeschool mom sues 6 social workers for snatching kids • 4 comments
   12/12/14  |  The Vanishing Male Worker • 27 comments
   12/12/14  |  Even Christians who 'convert' get beheaded • 16 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   12/01/14  |  From Tyndale to Today: A New Study Bible • 34 comments
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 37 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   12/17/14  |  Can’t Have Your Cake, Gays Are Told, and a Rights Battle Rises
   12/17/14  |  Pope brokered Cuba deal as Obama ignored Congress • 1 comments
   12/17/14  |  CEO Archbishop: ‘There Is a Possibility That We Will Not Hold... • 8 comments
   12/17/14  |  Islamisation Protest Spreads in Germany • 3 comments
   12/17/14  |  13 "Gay" Bakeries Deny Christian's Request for Pro-Traditional... • 9 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 3 ·  Found: 85 user comment(s)
News Item1/22/13 8:50 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
The way I see it is pretty simply; God simply knows ahead of time who will accept His call and who will reject it. I think that He knows us somehow before we are even created, knows even then, those who will reject Him, but allows their creation anyway to serve His purpose.
Anyway, in my darker days, I spent years practicing Astral Projection and the results plague me to this day. This is what I wanted to run by P Mike. I wanted to run it by you because as a result, I know for a fact that we are spirits simply residing in temporary vehicles. I never bring this up to anyone because no matter how well one may know another, unless you are the experiencer, you can only believe 99% of a 1st hand story, especially of this nature. There will always be that 1% that will keep you from fully embracing it without doubt. Then there would be the "vivid dreams" crowd, etc , blah, blah, blah,, so I just never speak about it because I figured, why bother?
I never speak about this to anyone because I know I'll get those who will say that I am/was posessed along with every other dark theory, opinion, and judgement because they don't understand.
Anyway, P Mike, I'd be happy to expound on this if it would cause you to at least ponder the possibility of an eternal existance as opposed to the
45

News Item1/22/13 6:48 AM
called to oblivion  Find all comments by called to oblivion
What is that show that interviewed preachers who are avowed atheists? Pastor Mike is certainly not alone in his calling.
44

News Item1/22/13 6:27 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Pastor Mike wrote:
No, I'm not saying God made anybody reject him. I'm saying God requires the non-elect to perform a task of which they're incapable and inflicts punishment mercilessly for failure to comply.
You imagine that God requires the non-elect to believe the gospel and be saved?

Not at all. He requires nothing of them.

Perhaps you imagine that God requires the elect to believe the gospel and be saved?

Not at all, for they are unable.

You say, "Why unable?"

Because their sin has brought them into a state of spiritual death and separation from God. There is no other cause of this apart from the sinner himself. God may not be blamed for the sins that the sinner commits, and it is these sins that have brought the sinner into condemnation.

So shall God leave the world to itself, with all its sins?

Why not?

The Creator is rejected by his creation. It would be fair and just for him to leave it to its fate. The sinners would not care to be in heaven when they die, so where shall God put them?

Why not in the place he created for the devil and his angels?

But .... God is a gracious God, full of longsuffering and lovingkindness. He makes a way, a portal, a return, a reconciliation.

43

News Item1/22/13 5:30 AM
Really  Find all comments by Really
Pastor Mike wrote:
There's no contradiction between any of my statements. Nice try though.
Hint: You just lost the debate. Give it up!
You're welcome.
This is what you call winning a debate?
You've got bigger problems than we thought.

Tell me frankly, you said you went to seminary, so did you flunk it? Sure you did, which is why you thought you'd come on SA to massage your battered ego and make a show of learning.

42

News Item1/22/13 4:43 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Pastor Mike wrote:
If you think that's proof, you've got a lot to learn.
P Mike
Sure I have lots to learn, but by the mercy and grace of God it is NOT "Why I choose to believe the Bible" although as time goes along until I die or the Rise Lord Jesus Christ who gave His blood for me comes again in Power and Great glory, althought I suppose my faith in His word will grow sweeter and sweeter even in the worst trials of life and for one help me have wisdom when I speak with wise men or prideful idiots.

Luke 16:19-31

41

News Item1/21/13 10:40 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Pastor Mike wrote:
There's no contradiction between any of my statements. Nice try though.
Hint: You just lost the debate. Give it up!
You're welcome.
"No contradiction." Good one, Mike.

You have a great evening.

40

News Item1/21/13 10:31 PM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
Lurker wrote:
Let me know when you make up your mind.
There's no contradiction between any of my statements. Nice try though.

Hint: You just lost the debate. Give it up!

You're welcome.

39

News Item1/21/13 10:23 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Pastor Mike wrote:
No, lack of faith is the cause of unbelief, and God is the cause of lack of faith. Therefore God is the cause of unbelief.
1/21/13 4:27 PM Pastor Mike: Even if God does cause the non-elect not to believe, it doesn't help your argument. In fact it only makes God more guilty by making Him the author of their sin.

1/21/13 12:27 PM Pastor Mike: No, I'm not saying God made anybody reject him.

Let me know when you make up your mind.

38

News Item1/21/13 10:08 PM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
Lurker wrote:
You, Mike, are the first cause of your unbelief.
No, lack of faith is the cause of unbelief, and God is the cause of lack of faith. Therefore God is the cause of unbelief.

If A implies B and B implies C then A implies C. That's basic logic, my friend.

Hebrews 12:2 says that Jesus is "the author and perfecter of faith" and Romans 12:3 says that "God has allotted to each a measure of faith." These verses clearly teach that faith is not something that we do or a presence of mind that we develop, but that faith is a gift from God.

Because God is the cause of unbelief, he's punishing for something that he himself caused, which by definition is unjust.

QED.

37

News Item1/21/13 9:41 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Pastor Mike wrote:
I'll not only write the check, I'll make it a blank check!
God is an unjust monster regardless of the first cause of unbelief and regardless of whether the atonement is limited or general. The only difference is that if the atonement was general, I'd be likening God to a rapist instead of a dog beater, as in the limited atonement.
I don't know why you keep bringing up the subject of the first cause of sin, so why don't you just make your point if there's one to be made, because I have no idea what you're hinting at.
Getting a wee bit testy, are we?

Ah yes. The point of my question of first cause of your rejection of God. Let's get the obvious answer out of the way first. You, Mike, are the first cause of your unbelief and that alone is sufficient to seal your eternal damnation.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Now, since you earned your eternal damnation all by yourself and God will simply grant you what you asked for, perhaps you could explain to us exactly how that makes God an unjust monster.

36

News Item1/21/13 9:06 PM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
Michael Hranek wrote:
66 Books
3 Languages
3 Continents
40 some authors
1600 years
Supernatural Corroboration!
If you think that's proof, you've got a lot to learn. That'd be like me saying Bill Gates is the Messiah because Microsoft developed the most recent version of the Windows operating system with a distributed team of one thousand software engineers on three different continents using three different programming languages to produce five million source lines of code in five years. From comparing my studies of scripture to my use of Microsoft software, I'd say the Bible has some serious bugs, just like Windows. Amen!
35

News Item1/21/13 8:55 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Christopher000 wrote:
Michael Hranek wrote:
66 Books
3 Languages
3 Continents
40 some authors
1600 years
Supernatural Corroboration!
Michael, excellent post and point.
Christopher000
Thank you for the encouragement. People like Voddie Baucham that the Lord uses to build up our faith are certainly a huge blessing to me and deserve the credit for the good things I have learned from them in their ministry.

Proverbs 22:17-21

34

News Item1/21/13 8:41 PM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
Lurker wrote:
If God isn't first cause of your unbelief, then who is?
I'll not only write the check, I'll make it a blank check!

God is an unjust monster regardless of the first cause of unbelief and regardless of whether the atonement is limited or general. The only difference is that if the atonement was general, I'd be likening God to a rapist instead of a dog beater, as in the limited atonement.

I don't know why you keep bringing up the subject of the first cause of sin, so why don't you just make your point if there's one to be made, because I have no idea what you're hinting at.

John UK wrote:
If you think that life is purposeless, what do you tell them to prevent them ending it early?
It's Christian churches that ought have their parishioners on suicide watch with all the escapism in their doctrine. Humanism is a life affirming philosophy which places actual value on kindness, compassion and the real work that's done in this world, not on blind sycophancy of debunked ideas under threat of torture.

The highest calling is the advancement of humanity and the protection of life.

33

News Item1/21/13 7:57 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Pastor Mike wrote:
Even if God does cause the non-elect not to believe, it doesn't help your argument. In fact it only makes God more guilty by making Him the author of their sin.

I'm sorry my friend, but you're not making much sense. Maybe you should take some time away from the keyboard to think things over. I won't fault you for that.

Now don't go all squirmy on me, Mike. You've made some noises that indicate you believe God will be an unjust monster for casting you, a God rejecting atheist, into the lake of fire.

Yet, you say God didn't make you reject Him.

If God isn't first cause of your unbelief, then who is?

It's a simple question and I'm asking you to work with me. After all, if you are mistaken and the bible is right, you are the one who is going to pay the ultimate price. Are you prepared to write the check?

32

News Item1/21/13 5:48 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Mike, I would think that you can agree with the following Bible text, as it is a plain fact.

James 4:14 KJV
14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

Now in your preaching, I am wondering what you tell your fellow atheists is the purpose of life. Or if you think that life is purposeless, what do you tell them to prevent them ending it early? It's all over in a flash anyway, and then there is nothing, you reckon.

31

News Item1/21/13 4:27 PM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
Lurker wrote:
If God didn't make you reject Him, then who did?
Even if God does cause the non-elect not to believe, it doesn't help your argument. In fact it only makes God more guilty by making Him the author of their sin.

I'm sorry my friend, but you're not making much sense. Maybe you should take some time away from the keyboard to think things over. I won't fault you for that.

foreknows wrote:
Your dog does the "job" he is created for and has the abilities to do so.
No, he doesn't. My dog just sits around the house being lazy. I want him out working as a rescue dog, search dog, herding dog, hunting dog, guard dog or police dog. I also want my dog to automatically know all the skills required for the job all on his own without any instruction (1 Thessalonians 4:8, Acts 1:1-2.)
30

News Item1/21/13 3:56 PM
Ha  Find all comments by Ha
Lurker wrote:
You're talking out of both sides of your mouth at the same time. If God didn't make you reject Him, then who did?
The rest of your reply is diversionary fluff.
Go easy on him Lurker. His superior intelligence may be ultra fragile!
29

News Item1/21/13 3:28 PM
foreknows  Find all comments by foreknows
Pastor Mike wrote:
Let's say I issue a command to my dog to get a job (Mark 1:15); I'm tired of supporting him. He's my dog and as my property he's obligated to obey ....
Pester Mike. Your dog does the "job" he is created for and has the abilities to do so. What you've described here is a sinner governed by the dominion of sin, (in complete ignorance) commanding the impossible.

God does not require the impossible of any of His created beings.

Faith is not a human faculty or ability. It is the work of God the Holy Spirit. Eph 2:8/9.

The reprobate is not saved and therefore punished in hell for his guilt. That is justice.

The elect who were predestinated from before the world began are saved.

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed...
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called ...
= God obviously foreknows whom He predestinates and it is only these whom He calls.

28

News Item1/21/13 2:32 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Pastor Mike wrote:
No, I'm not saying God made anybody reject him. I'm saying God requires the non-elect to perform a task of which they're incapable and inflicts punishment mercilessly for failure to comply. So how is God any different from the dog beater in my analogy?
You're talking out of both sides of your mouth at the same time. If God didn't make you reject Him, then who did?

The rest of your reply is diversionary fluff.

27

News Item1/21/13 12:27 PM
Pastor Mike  Find all comments by Pastor Mike
Lurker wrote:
the God you deny even exists, made you reject Him?
No, I'm not saying God made anybody reject him. I'm saying God requires the non-elect to perform a task of which they're incapable and inflicts punishment mercilessly for failure to comply. So how is God any different from the dog beater in my analogy?
26
There are a total of 85 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 2 [3] 4 5 | last
Last PostTotal
CEO Archbishop: ‘There Is a Possibility That We Will Not Hold...
wow: "take a good look at the archbishop's lavish pompous vestments & costume. ..."
-53 min 
Pope Francis and the Catholic Crisis
dorcas: " ps as a former catholic and a student of a catholic school, i can..."
-2 hrs 16 
13 "Gay" Bakeries Deny Christian's Request for Pro-Traditional...
gj from indiana, usa: "unless we pray for, love and show compassion for sinners,..."
-3 hrs 


Set Thy House in Order
Arnold Brevick
Loud Salvation

Luke
Sunday Service
First Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Bob Vincent
Strange Dreams

Strange Events: Christ's Birth
Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
The Giver of Life

Gospel According to Luke
Shreveport Grace Church
Play! | MP3

Event: Jan 30-31, 2015
Southwest Family Vision Conference 2015

Education Reformation
Conference
Heritage Baptist Church

Sponsor:
NCFIC Christmas Super Sale

Three great deals in the NCFIC store. Free shipp­ing. Guar­ant­eed by Chr­istm­as!
www.ncfic.org

Sponsor:
Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study

See what Paul Washer calls the most useful Bible study tool in hist­ory. Click here!
www.puritandownloads.com/pa..

Sermon:
The Gospel Message
Ken Wimer

SPONSOR | 1,100+

SPONSOR





                   
One drop of Christ's blood is worth more than heaven and earth. ... Martin Luther

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream

INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.