members, click to sign in..

3,637 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
APR 17, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -36 sec
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
THURSDAY, APRIL 17, 2014 | TIPS Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
COVER Page ALL News CHOICE VIDEOS User COMMENTS
SUNDAY, AUG 25, 2013| 62 comments
Churches changing bylaws after gay marriage ruling

Worried they could be sued by gay couples, some churches are changing their bylaws to reflect their view that the Bible allows only marriage between one man and one woman.

Although there have been lawsuits against wedding industry businesses that refuse to serve gay couples, attorneys promoting the bylaw changes say they don't know of any lawsuits against churches.

Critics say the changes are unnecessary, but some churches fear that it's only a matter of time before one of them is sued.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
hosted.ap.org

Greatest need of the church?
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Being Thankful for Church • Dr. Steven J. Lawson | 11/24/2010
•  Common Infections in FIC • Scott T. Brown | 7/9/2010
•  The R-Rated Church • Pastor John MacArthur | 10/25/2009
•  Greatest need of the church?Dr. Alan Cairns | 5/11/2009

   04/11/14  |  Churchgoers, Married People Are More Content With Their Love... • 1 comments
   04/01/14  |  51% of US Adults Say Church Is Not Important • 67 comments
   02/21/14  |  Elevation Church 'Emotionally Manipulating' Thousands Into... • 7 comments
   11/04/13  |  To Stave Off Decline, Churches Attract New Members With Beer • 19 comments
   10/14/13  |  Christian Apologist Josh McDowell: 3 Cultural Changes That... • 9 comments
MORE RELATED ( CHURCH ) NEWS | MORE..
   04/16/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.2 for Android Mobile Devices • 47 comments
   04/16/14  |  As Titanic sank, he pleaded, 'believe in the Lord Jesus!' • 9 comments
   04/13/14  |  Feminists Go Bonkers Over Kirsten Dunst’s One, Simple Comment • 39 comments
   04/13/14  |  U2's Bono Opens Up About Jesus, God And Praying With His Kids • 11 comments
   04/09/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: Kindle Fire + Nook Tablet Version 2.2! • 11 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
   07/27/13  |  3 Dead When Bus Carrying Teens Crashes in Indiana • 34 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   04/17/14  |  'Biggest land grab in the history of the world' • 7 comments
   04/17/14  |  Feds accused of leaving trail of wreckage after Nevada ranch... • 2 comments
   04/17/14  |  NBA Star Stuns Some With His Comments About Creation • 2 comments
   04/17/14  |  Judge stays most of Ohio gay marriage ruling • 1 comments
   04/17/14  |  Louisiana House votes 27-66 to keep anti-sodomy law on books • 3 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 2 ·  Found: 62 user comment(s)
News Item8/27/13 3:13 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
SteveR wrote:
Catholics worship the TRUE and LIVING GOD, to suggest any less only puts you in danger of hellfire
Are you so sure?
Is that your final answer?
Because the Offical Leadership and Teaching of the RCC
CCC 841 say they and Muslims worship the same god
or if you perfer some Catholics their Popes included make is very clear they worship the RC Mary Perpetual Virgin Queen of Heaven
and let's not forget the lifeless piece of bread idol where their Jesus is in their tummies for about 15 minutes until he disolves.

If anyone is in danger of hell fire sadly it is precious Catholic people deceived by their 'church'.

42

News Item8/27/13 3:02 PM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Xrc wrote:
NEWS FLASH....SteveR and John Y
For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you,and how ye TURNED TO GOD FROM IDOLS TO SERVE THE LIVING AND TRUE GOD!
1Thess.1:9
That plain enough for you.
Catholics worship the TRUE and LIVING GOD, to suggest any less only puts you in danger of hellfire
41

News Item8/27/13 2:57 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John Y., like you Catholics do not have saving faith, You cannot believe in other beings both alive and dead besides Jesus and be saved. UPS, gave you some excellent Bible verses, and I will add to them,

James 2
20 But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar?
22 You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected;---NASB

Aiding and abetting the Romish Church by your attendance and lack of condemnation of it to your family is not good works but evil, Roman Catholic Authority (PDF) is the hatred of Godly authority, which if you were a Christian, you would put yourself under.

No, John Y., I'm sorry to say you're just another pagan among the few that we have on this forum, you won't be considered a Christian, until you stop not only attending, Roman Catholic Authority (PDF), but stop supporting it.

40

News Item8/27/13 2:56 PM
Xrc  Find all comments by Xrc
NEWS FLASH....SteveR and John Y
For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you,and how ye TURNED TO GOD FROM IDOLS TO SERVE THE LIVING AND TRUE GOD!
1Thess.1:9
That plain enough for you.
39

News Item8/27/13 2:47 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
SteveR wrote:
...doesnt mean it isnt a gathering place of believers.
Sure, they believe that eating a biscuit given them by a magic-show priest will give them eternal life. Yep, they are believers all right, but believing wrongly helps no-one.
38

News Item8/27/13 2:39 PM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
none of us believe church membership will make a difference in the matter of your salvation when you stand before your Maker for judgment. It is PROOF that you are not relying upon the Catholic Church, and until you stop going, there is no reason to see what you claim as faith to be genuine.
Each time you repackage this argument, you sound more & more foolish. By attending Church (RCC or Evangelical) he fulfills

Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Remaining there doesnt mean he doesnt have true faith. Just because you hate the RCC, doesnt mean it isnt a gathering place of believers.

37

News Item8/27/13 1:01 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Bottom line, John Yurich, unless you leave the Catholic church and STOP participating in ANY part of mass, you have no reason to put any faith in your profession. Because until you no longer have any dealings with the Catholic Church, thereby demonstrating your faith is NOT in it but only in the Lord Jesus, you have no reason to think that you have been born from above. It is not a matter of what church will get you to heaven, none of us believe church membership will make a difference in the matter of your salvation when you stand before your Maker for judgment. It is PROOF that you are not relying upon the Catholic Church, and until you stop going, there is no reason to see what you claim as faith to be genuine. You are only proving your reliance upon the Catholic Church and its "ordinances".
36

News Item8/27/13 11:18 AM
MS  Find all comments by MS
Sorry....may he (JY) take heed!
35

News Item8/27/13 11:17 AM
MS  Find all comments by MS
Amen!
MH and US.
Maybe take heed!!
34

News Item8/27/13 9:46 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
John Yurich USA wrote:
It is totally superfluous what Satan and the demons believe
John Yurich,
Really???
Is that your final answer?
BECAUSE IT IS you have a big problem with God, as Paul (another one moved by the Holy Spirit, not some "other" spirit) who apparently didn't think it was "totally superfluous" wrote:

2 Timothy 3
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

And the context in the Book of James ought to cry out to you James by the Spirit was speaking of those making a false profession of faith, a reproof to those who were so doing and desperate need of genuine repentance and God-fearing obedient faith, NOT empty lip service.

And please I plead with you, as others have alread begged you because we care about you, make your calling and election sure, don't trust that since you've repeated a sinner's prayer that automatically makes everything all right but do what the Bible tells you to do and test yourself (hint: by the word of God) to see if you are really in the faith you claim to have or not, and if not get right with God it will be worth it

33

News Item8/27/13 9:38 AM
What a load of  Find all comments by What a load of
John Yurich USA wrote:
Luther did not even believe that Catholics are unbelievers because he was not off of his rocker and he knew Catholic doctrine since he was a Catholic priest.
Twaddle!

Luther said that a true church (in other words a Christian church) stands or falls on the doctrine of Justification by faith alone.

So by definition, since the Catholic church does not believe this, it is not a Christian church.

32

News Item8/27/13 9:28 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
James 2:19
New King James Version (NKJV)
"You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!"
Mark 3:11
King James Version (KJV)
" And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God. "
It is totally superfluous what Satan and the demons believe because they have no possibility of being saved and they have always been in spirit form. The definition of an unbeliever from the late D. James Kennedy Presbyterian minister from Fort Lauderdale, Florida was an individual who does not worship Jesus as God. So Catholics are not unbelievers since they worship Jesus as God. Luther did not even believe that Catholics are unbelievers because he was not off of his rocker and he knew Catholic doctrine since he was a Catholic priest.
31

News Item8/27/13 8:59 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
And since Catholics worship Jesus as God then they are believers and not unbelievers. Unbelievers do not worship Jesus as God.
James 2:19

New King James Version (NKJV)

"You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!"

Mark 3:11

King James Version (KJV)

" And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God. "

30

News Item8/26/13 8:18 AM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Moderator Gamma wrote:
Steven
You are giving me credit for something I didn't do.
So if you posted something that violated SermonAudio's Forum Policies and another took care of it, they deserve the credit.
And if it didn't you are quite free to repost if you want to, within SermonAudio's Forum Policies of course.
When I realized my primary IP was being 403'd even the backdoors and my post to you containing ONLY a verse of Scripture without comment was deleted, I jumped to the conclusion it was you.

My apologies Gamma

29

News Item8/26/13 7:43 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Also, I know that Steve has a soft side that he doesn't want anyone to know about. I read it between the lines on occassion, and see it in the things he doesn't say..., although he says plenty that would cause others to call me a fool right now...ha-ha. I know he's aware when he has really hurt someone, and I know certain things bother him; despite his tough as nails exterior.
I don't understand the militant defense of the Roman system, and couldn't disagree more, but I think there is much more to him as a person; he just won't let anyone in.
Not trying to patronize or sound gushy, but this is all why I don't respond with hard hitting posts anymore, unless the topic of racism comes up again...ha-ha. Oh boy...Let's let that one stay dead. : /
28

News Item8/26/13 7:08 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Jim, good post further down because in all my research, one thing I haven't done is to look into "origins". Very interesting topic that I will undertake though. I forget where the fish hat originated...the one the Pope wears on occassion.
By the way, I didn't really take offense to the comment. What I did do is slap my hand on my steering wheel because I could believe I gave Steve the rope...ha-ha.. I should have covered any comebacks instead of stopping with dandruff. I see any speech visually so that was quite the vision...
27

News Item8/25/13 10:16 PM
Joyce | Kentucky  Contact via emailFind all comments by Joyce
i think we better stick with what the Bible says about gay marriages instead of changing our by-laws to conform to this world..If we do that God is not going to bless a church that say gay marriage is ok..Wake up people if it was wrong before when God destroyed Sodomn and Gamarrah..It is wrong now.read Leviticus if you have doubs about what is right or wrong..
26

News Item8/25/13 6:57 PM
Angela Wittman | Southern Illinois  Find all comments by Angela Wittman
once and for all: You do not know what denomination, if any, I am part of...And there is nothing wrong with churches protecting their integrity and conscience by writing a constitutional by-law regarding performing only Biblical marriages.
25

News Item8/25/13 5:36 PM
Moderator Gamma  Protected NameFind all comments by Moderator Gamma
Steven wrote:
Gamma
You really should read the books of moses, you look weak and ashamed when you erased my post of 20 min ago
Btw you can't block me
Steven
You are giving me credit for something I didn't do.

So if you posted something that violated SermonAudio's Forum Policies and another took care of it, they deserve the credit.

And if it didn't you are quite free to repost if you want to, within SermonAudio's Forum Policies of course.

24

News Item8/25/13 5:12 PM
Steven  Find all comments by Steven
Gamma

You really should read the books of moses, you look weak and ashamed when you erased my post of 20 min ago

Btw you can't block me

23
There are a total of 62 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 [2] 3 4 | last
Last PostTotal
Michael Bloomberg: 'I Have Earned My Place in Heaven'
penny: " jim lincoln :thumbsup: no, 'get real,' this mr. bloomberg is of the..."
-3 sec 35 
Reid Declares Bundy Ranch Stalemate Is “Not Over”
mike from new york: " jim lincoln --- that was all government land, mike of ny,..."
-34 min 15 
Is the Name “Easter” of Pagan Origin?
penny: "http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tre13frymgk]]]dispensationalism is..."
-36 min 32 


Audio Bible: 1 Kings 18
Kevin Swanson
College Is a Rip-Off

College Is a Rip-Off
Radio Broadcast
Generations Radio
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Conscience
Dr. Curt D. Daniel

Pastor Joseph LoSardo
Forsaken

Psalms
Bread of Life Fellowship
Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
The Price Of Calvary

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Lin Brown
Let Love Continue

Grace Particular Baptist
Sunday Service
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
Our Lord's Grave

Gospel of John
Shreveport Grace Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Mistakes Of Modern Evangelism

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Bob Vincent
The Administration of Evil

The Unseen War
Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

See what Paul Washer calls the most useful Bible study tool in hist­ory. Click here!
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..

Sermon:
A Tour Of Hell
E. A. Johnston






                   
A man full of hope will be full of action. ... Thomas Brooks
Site-Wide RSS & Podcast | Help
Select Podcast Format | Help

HTML Embed | More
Flash Widget | More
Our Staff Picks | Info
Featured Sermon | More

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
ROKU TV
Kindle Reader

FOLLOW
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
HELP
RSS & Podcasts
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Favorites
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

NEWSLETTER
View Latest Issue
Subscribe
Unsubscribe | Change
Privacy Policy
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
QR Codes New!
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes | WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | API | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.
Our Services | Testimonials New!
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads

CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.