members, click to sign in..
 
SITE NOTICE | MORE..
Android Version 2.1 Update! We've already released our first update to the Android app which includes auto-retry of playback after network interruption, maps support in tablets, stability fixes, and more! .. click for more info!
 

3,524 active users!!Bandwidth
WEDNESDAY
APR 16, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 16, 2014 | TIPS Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
COVER Page ALL News CHOICE VIDEOS User COMMENTS
Choice News THURSDAY, NOV 10, 2011| 61 comments| 1 commentary
Most Americans Own a Bible, So Why Aren't They Reading It?

It may surprise you to learn that America is decidedly pro-Bible. According to research commissioned by American Bible Society, Barna Research polled 2,000 Americans and discovered that nine out of 10 households own a Bible. A full 86 percent of people surveyed indicated that they consider the Bible to be sacred or holy. That’s the good news.

But this positive view of the Bible and high rate of Bible ownership in America begs a question: what are Americans doing with all these Bibles? To put it another way, is the Bible simply sitting on our shelves or is it being read? And what difference does it make in our society if we’re not actually reading the Bible?

To look at popular depictions of American society—a jaded, faithless people too sophisticated for belief in God—it would seem there is a decided disconnect between what we say we believe about the Bible and how it impacts—or doesn’t ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.foxnews.com

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Most Americans Own a Bible... • 200+
Sean E. Harris | Berean Baptist Church
Play! | RSS

The Bible and the Modern Age
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Alleged Discrepancies - 3 • David Nelms | 3/4/1992
•  The Bible and the Modern AgeSean E. Harris | 10/9/2011
•  How Do We Know Bible is True?Brian Edwards | 7/17/2008

   04/14/14  |  Daily Bible reading and prayer is a struggle for many... • 17 comments
   04/10/14  |  Five Monumental Changes Surrounding How Americans View the Bible • 2 comments
   03/27/14  |  American Bible Society to sell 12-story NYC building • 4 comments
   03/16/14  |  Michael Card: 'Bible literacy is at an all time low' • 8 comments
   03/14/14  |  How to engage young people with the Bible • 12 comments
MORE RELATED ( BIBLE ) NEWS | MORE..
   04/16/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.1 for Android Mobile Devices • 47 comments
   04/16/14  |  As Titanic sank, he pleaded, 'believe in the Lord Jesus!' • 9 comments
   04/13/14  |  Feminists Go Bonkers Over Kirsten Dunst’s One, Simple Comment • 39 comments
   04/13/14  |  U2's Bono Opens Up About Jesus, God And Praying With His Kids • 11 comments
   04/09/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: Kindle Fire + Nook Tablet Version 2.1! • 11 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
   07/27/13  |  3 Dead When Bus Carrying Teens Crashes in Indiana • 34 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   04/16/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.1 for Android Mobile Devices • 47 comments
   04/16/14  |  Bill Nye Says He Wanted to Expose Why Ken Ham and Creationists... • 7 comments
   04/16/14  |  U.S. taxpayers pay to teach Islam • 4 comments
   04/16/14  |  High noon at Bryan College
   04/16/14  |  As Titanic sank, he pleaded, 'believe in the Lord Jesus!' • 9 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
Page 1 | Page 2 ·  Found: 61 user comment(s)
News Item11/11/11 11:27 PM
The Matrix  Find all comments by The Matrix
Every English Bible translation is good for salvation, but not every doctrine?
41

News Item11/11/11 6:49 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
The Matrix wrote:
When a believer reads a fallible Bible translation the Holy Spirit compensates for it presuming it's not too fallible.
If one doesn't have the infallible version of the KJV or can't read English, how does he totem pole all of the Bible translations and identify those that are so fallible that even the Holy Spirit can't compensate for them?
It is the Holy Spirit who reveals the meaning of Scripture, therefore believing his capability is limited to a single set of words written in a certain way doesn't compute. There is no "even the Holy Spirit can't...." regarding the drawing of people to salvation.
40

News Item11/11/11 5:35 PM
The Matrix  Find all comments by The Matrix
receiver wrote:
(e) No! The Holy Spirit does the quote "important" work.
The KJV is the inerrant copy of God's Holy Word, as used by God to build His Church for centuries.
Modern versions and the Roman Catholic Bibles are inadequate to this task.
When a believer reads a fallible Bible translation the Holy Spirit compensates for it presuming it's not too fallible.

If one doesn't have the infallible version of the KJV or can't read English, how does he totem pole all of the Bible translations and identify those that are so fallible that even the Holy Spirit can't compensate for them?

39

News Item11/11/11 4:54 PM
receiver  Find all comments by receiver
The Matrix wrote:
(a.) If an unbeliever reads
(b.) If an unbeliever reads
(c.) If a believer reads a fallible Bible translation, he can only understand the infallible parts but cannot understand the erroneous passages.
(d.) If a believer reads an infallible Bible translation, he can fully understand all of it.
(e.) Thus, it's important for a believer to locate, read and study an infallible English Bible translation.
However, which translation is infallible?
(a)(b) The unbeliever cannot receive the truth and has no reason to read the Bible.
(c) The Holy Spirit guides the believer into all truth. There is no need to rely on the sinner's understanding.
(d) See answer above (c)
(e) No! The Holy Spirit does the quote "important" work.

The KJV is the inerrant copy of God's Holy Word, as used by God to build His Church for centuries.

Modern versions and the Roman Catholic Bibles are inadequate to this task.

38

News Item11/11/11 3:05 PM
John UK | Wales  Contact via emailFind all comments by John UK
Jim Lincoln wrote:
The 1611 one John?
Maybe you would like to answer Matrix question instead of using it as a springboard for your harangeous attack on the veracity of the KJV.

Oh and while you're at it, don't forget my own question, of which I've been waiting three years to hear an answer from you.

37

News Item11/11/11 2:42 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
The 1611 one John?
[AUTHOR]Doug Kutilek[/AUTHOR]I have repeatedly challenged those who claim to have “the final authority” in their hand and mock the very idea of the “original authority” view. My challenge is this: “Which ONE KJV edition is the infallible ONE?” There is no “wiggle room” here. We are told by the KJVO faction that “God wrote only one Bible” and that “things which differ are not the same.” So, tell me straight out: which one KJV edition is the infallible one. It must be only one (if any at all), not two or three, or the KJV editions taken collectively. It must be just one. Until you can with certainty identify it for us, the objections raised against those who appeal to the "originals” as their final authority is entirely discredited.[/QUOTE]from Answers to a reader's question of KJV as his final authority

Oh, and the 1679 one isn't in English either, so I hope you have one that is in modern English in mind. Restating The Obvious About Bible Translations.

36

News Item11/11/11 2:38 PM
RP  Find all comments by RP
Metrical wrote:
Do you think so?
I of course can't speak for Matrix but my answer would be even if I could read Greek and Hebrew I would by the unction of the Holy Spirit still only understand what was necessary for my salvation but for the unity I desire with other members of Christ visible, I would require either an annointed teacher or the unction of the Spirit through the means of our most reliable translation, in our mother tongue.
35

News Item11/11/11 2:06 PM
John UK | Wales  Contact via emailFind all comments by John UK
The Matrix wrote:
INFALLIBLE
1 : incapable of error : UNERRING "an infallible memory"
3 : incapable of error in defining doctrines touching faith or morals
I've never heard of anyone referring to the Bible as infallible.

However, there is a Bible in English which is an accurate translation of the preserved (by God) hebrew and greek copies of the God-inspired autographs. Namely, the Authorised Version of 1611.

34

News Item11/11/11 1:30 PM
The Matrix  Find all comments by The Matrix
John UK wrote:
What do you mean by "infallible"?
INFALLIBLE
1 : incapable of error : UNERRING "an infallible memory"
3 : incapable of error in defining doctrines touching faith or morals
33

News Item11/11/11 1:28 PM
Metrical  Find all comments by Metrical
The Matrix wrote:
(d.) If a believer reads an infallible Bible translation, he can fully understand all of it.
Do you think so?
32

News Item11/11/11 1:23 PM
John UK | Wales  Contact via emailFind all comments by John UK
The Matrix wrote:
However, which translation is infallible?
What do you mean by "infallible"?
31

News Item11/11/11 12:59 PM
The Matrix  Find all comments by The Matrix
Most Americans are unbelievers therefore it doesn't matter even if they own and read an infallible English Bible translation.

These are the scenarios of Americans who read their Bibles:

(a.) If an unbeliever reads a fallible Bible translation, he can only correctly understand the erroneous parts.

(b.) If an unbeliever reads an infallible Bible translation, he cannot understand even a jot or tittle of it.

(c.) If a believer reads a fallible Bible translation, he can only understand the infallible parts but cannot understand the erroneous passages.

(d.) If a believer reads an infallible Bible translation, he can fully understand all of it.

Thus, it's important for a believer to locate, read and study an infallible English Bible translation.

However, which translation is infallible?

30

News Item11/11/11 12:54 PM
RP  Find all comments by RP
Lurker wrote:
"Most Americans Own a Bible, So Why Aren't They Reading It?"
Why should they when their pastor spoon feeds them everything he thinks they need to know for the next week?
Why should they when the more zealous
Christians have confessions of faith which explains everything the church fathers thought the bible teaches?
Why should they when they have their systematic theologies which their favorite divines wrote?
Why should they when libraries of commentaries can be accessed in an instant on the internet which teach them what they thought God meant?
Why should they call on God to be their teacher by means of the words He inspired?
Because He is the only infallible teacher who will never lead them astray.
Oh, that God fearing men and women would set tradition aside, humble themselves before God and plead with Him to teach them, through His word, His will for their lives.
Because faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Because without faith it is impossible to please God. Because at such a time as this we do not all have the same means available, but most still have their bibles and Christ is Lord of the means.
29

News Item11/11/11 12:06 PM
Michael Daniel  Find all comments by Michael Daniel
Daniel Michael wrote:
Ever notice in the religious courtrooms a case such as, "The State of ... vs. John Smith?" A fiction is accusing a living soul - a man? How is that? Why not Obama vs. John Smith? Or all the members of congress vs. John Smith?
That's because you have it backwards.

If you understood the nature of a monarchy and the role and function that it plays in the Bible you would see that it is easily accomplished with no need for fiction.

28

News Item11/11/11 11:42 AM
Daniel Michael | Missouri  Contact via emailFind all comments by Daniel Michael
The persistent acts of certain antichrist heathens who lust for money are enough to mentally exhaust the child of God. These cowards who threaten the innocent use words of trickery to deceive and are too ashamed to confess their father the devil and to even identify themselves, hiding behind fictions like "the Department."

Ever notice in the religious courtrooms a case such as, "The State of ... vs. John Smith?" A fiction is accusing a living soul - a man? How is that? Why not Obama vs. John Smith? Or all the members of congress vs. John Smith? Much violence is conducted in various ways in the united states that goes unnoticed, as no real man or woman or group of men and women are responsible for the acts of terrorism. The blame goes to the non-conscious, non-human, fiction!

"But Lord, Lord...it wasn't me, it was the state."

"But Lord Lord...it wasn't my fault, it was "County Hospital."

"But Lord, Lord...it wasn't my fault that I hurt your child, I was just doing my job because the judge ordered me."

27

News Item11/10/11 3:34 PM
Street-Preacher  Find all comments by Street-Preacher
This Article Should Read:

MOST AMERICANS OWN AN HISTORIC AUTHORIZED ENGLISH KING JAMES HOLY BIBLE, SO WHY AREN'T THEY READING IT ?

BECAUSE THERE'RE SO MANY PER-VERSIONS OF THE HISTORIC AUTHORIZED TEXTUS-RECEPTUS--RECEIVED-TEXT ENGLISH HOLY BIBLE BEING PRINTED IN THE U.S.A. TODAY !

THAT'S WHAT THE SATANIC+VATICANIST "JESUIT(IC)" GLOBALIST "RELIGIOUS" NEW-WORLD-ORDER ECUMENIST "ONE-WORLD-BIBLE" LUCIFERIAN-FREEMASONIC CONSPIRACY IS ALL ABOUT !

TO RELIGIOUSLY CONTROL THE WORLD VIA ONE "NEW-WORLD-ORDER" 'BIBLE' !

IT WAS ORIGINALLY ATTEMPTED BACK IN THE LATE 1800s; WITH THE SO-CALLED "REVISED" VERSION OF 1881 ALA THE "WESTCOTT & HORT" PERVERTED 'BIBLE' MANUSCRIPTS:

WHICH WERE TAKEN FROM THE SATANICALLY-CORRUPTED 2nd-CENTURY EGYPTIAN-ALEXANDRIAN-ARIAN
'BIBLE'-MANUSCRIPTS: WHICH EXCLUDED AMONG HUNDREDS OF
HISTORIC AUTHORIZED BIBLICAL VERSES;
1 JOHN 5:7:

"FOR THERE ARE THREE THAT BEAR RECORD IN HEAVEN, THE FATHER, THE WORD, AND THE HOLY GHOST: AND THESE THREE ARE ONE." !

THIS FAILED LATE-19th-EARLY-20th-CENTURY SATANIC-LUCIFERIAN CONSPIRACY CONTINUED IN THE EARLY 1970s WITH THE AMERICAN-ENGLISH N.A.S.B. PER-VERSION'S ATTEMPT TO REPLACE THE HISTORIC AUTHORIZED ENGLISH KING JAMES HOLY BIBLE !

*THE NASB-PER-VERSION MISERABLY FAILED; AS HAS
THE NIV-PER-VERSION !

26

News Item11/10/11 3:27 PM
postway  Find all comments by postway
Jim Lincoln wrote:
In the past I have pointed out to you that only the original autographs were guaranteed free of error
Oh Look poor Jim's god cannot write a book and maintain it in truth throughout human history.
I guess man must defeat Jim's god.

This must be why Jim has fallen in to the use of the modern versions which his buddy's the Anglican Liberal heretics helped to write.

As to "Most Americans Own a Bible, So Why Aren't They Reading It?"

The only people who can 'read' a Bible are the elect of God. And they read an inerrant one with the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

25

News Item11/10/11 3:24 PM
John UK | Wales  Contact via emailFind all comments by John UK
Jim Lincoln wrote:
John U.K., In the past I have pointed out to you that only the original autographs were guaranteed free of error...
Oh? And how can you say that they were guaranteed FREE OF ERROR?

Your whole argument rests upon your answer to that question (and the follow-up).

p.s. Why did you post links to articles about KJV-Onlys. Did you not notice I said, "KJV and its forefathers"? Ah but then you just love making those pathetic strawmen so that it makes it easier for you to knock them down. Well it don't wash with me.

Oh and another thing.

The omnipotence of God is very much a part of the doctrine you are about to come out with, when you answer my question.

I claim that God is omnipotent. By your reasoning thus far, you do not believe that. Indeed, mans' intellect seems to have more importance in your book than the power of God.

p.s. If you claim NO Bible is inerrant, why do you not post links to articles revealing the ERRORS in the NIV, RSV, CEV, TNIV, GNB, TMV, BBC, DB, ASB, NASB, and 101 other Bibles. Folks looking on must be a bit bemused why you only focus on ONE Bible.

24

News Item11/10/11 3:06 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John U.K., In the past I have pointed out to you that only the original autographs were guaranteed free of error again, q.v., The Preservation of Scripture. Also I have pointed out the superior translation techniques (and translators I might add) for the later versions, The Biblical Position on The KJV Controversy and The Influence of An Anglican Archbishop on the KJV.

As I have already pointed out in one message earlier about the Indisputable, universally recognized errors in the KJV, which I suggest that you look at,Is the King James Version the Only Bible Christians Should Read and Trust? ---part 1, no translation is perfect, Is the King James Version the Only Bible Christians Should Read and Trust? ---part 2, there are many good reasons, "Why KJVO Claims and Arguments Cannot Be Trusted", [/URL

23

News Item11/10/11 2:31 PM
John UK | Wales  Contact via emailFind all comments by John UK
Jim

William Bell Riley wrote:
"Is the King James version absolutely inerrant? On this point we are inclined to think that, even unto comparatively recent years, such a theory has been entertained."

If anyone would wish to prove that THE BIBLE, by which I mean the KJV and its forefathers, is NOT inerrant, there would need to be of necessity an inerrant Bible to compare it with.

Okay so far?

That is Point One!

Now for Point Two!

You claim the KJV has many errors, therefore you believe there MUST be an inerrant Bible somewhere, otherwise the claim cannot be made.

My oh-so-simple question is, and has been for the past couple years....

Which Bible is THE INERRANT BIBLE?

Because if you have no inerrant Bible, no inerrant greek text, no inerrant Hebrew text, then ALL your arguments about Bible versions are no more than confetti in the wind.

And you are found guilty of non-edification of the saints, and instead of bringing sinners to faith, you are bringing them to doubt, which is a serious charge. The fact that you do not take it seriously makes me wonder where you're at.

22
There are a total of 61 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Page 1 | Jump to Page : 1 [2] 3 4 | last
Last PostTotal
Is the Name “Easter” of Pagan Origin?
care to reconsider from about passover being over: " john thompson seems the..."
-23 min 21 
Pope Francis: ‘The Devil is Here, Even in the 21st Century’
baptist: " sharing good news of course i love you baptists. why do you think i am..."
-25 min 56 
Russian jet passes near US warship
mike from new york: " saunders the russians seem to be using this ukraine problem..."
-2 hrs 


Christs's Desire to Help
Dr. Curt D. Daniel
Conscience

True Spirituality
Sunday Service
Faith Bible Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Eyes That See
Mark Pannell

Jon Couch
Called, Sanctified, Preserved

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
Our Lord's Grave

Gospel of John
Shreveport Grace Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Mistakes Of Modern Evangelism

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Bob Vincent
The Administration of Evil

The Unseen War
Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Robert Rubino
Theonomy versus Apostasy

We Are All Theonomists Now!
Fellowship Baptist Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Don Bell
Why does pain exist?

Lantana Grace Church
Sunday - PM
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Dr. Baucham: "Simply Astonishing!"

Bauch­am: "Any­one who adm­ires the Pur­it­ans simply must have the Pur­itan Hard Driv­e."
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..

Sponsor: Dr. Joel R. Beeke (PRTS) Writes,
www.PuritanDownloads.com/sw..






                   
Prayer meetings are the throbbing machinery of the church. ... C. H. Spurgeon
Site-Wide RSS & Podcast | Help
Select Podcast Format | Help

HTML Embed | More
Flash Widget | More
Our Staff Picks | Info
Featured Sermon | More

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
ROKU TV
Kindle Reader

FOLLOW
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
HELP
RSS & Podcasts
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Favorites
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

NEWSLETTER
View Latest Issue
Subscribe
Unsubscribe | Change
Privacy Policy
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
QR Codes New!
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes | WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | API | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.
Our Services | Testimonials New!
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads

CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.