members, click to sign in..

4,397 active users!!Bandwidth
MONDAY
DEC 29, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -4 hrs
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
About | 4 Days Left!
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  12/29/2014
THURSDAY, AUG 14, 2014  |  23 comments  |  1 commentary
Blogger Calling Suicide a 'Choice' deemed 'Hateful and Violent'

“Robin Williams didn’t die from a disease, he died from his choice.”

That’s the title of blogger and radio show host Matt Walsh’s controversial blog post that he said immediately sparked a massive array of “hateful and violent” rebuttals. Walsh told TheBlaze that the reaction has been both diverse and overwhelming, with thousands of emails flooding in and readers raging against him on social media.

“I’ve had more people telling me to kill myself than ever before in my life,” Walsh said in an interview Wednesday.

Walsh said he initially assumed that his commentary, which addressed Williams’ death and some of the complex elements associated with suicide, would be confined to his typical readership circle after he posted it Tuesday. He said he was surprised to see it quickly go viral, sparking intense reaction across the board. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.theblaze.com

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Was Matt Walsh Out of Line? • 210+
Joshua Gregory | Grace Missionary Baptist
Play! | RSS

   09/05/14  |  Claim: One Person Commits Suicide Every 40 Seconds • 3 comments
   04/29/14  |  Antidepressants Increase Risk of Suicide • 4 comments
   12/12/13  |  Why Are So Many Pastors Committing Suicide? • 285 comments
   11/23/13  |  Euthanasia Activists Push to Legalize Assisted Suicide, Next...
   08/11/13  |  Battle Erupts Over Marine Corps Training Doc That Cites ‘Lack or... • 1 comments
MORE RELATED ( SUICIDE ) NEWS | MORE..
   12/24/14  |  'Traditional' families collapsing • 7 comments
   12/24/14  |  FDA recommends ending ban on blood donations from gay men • 6 comments
   12/24/14  |  Germans Gather to Sing Christmas Carols Against Islamisation • 63 comments
   12/23/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio iPhone + iPad Edition v3.9! • 101 comments
   12/22/14  |  Gunman executes cops as 'revenge' for Garner • 24 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   12/01/14  |  From Tyndale to Today: A New Study Bible • 34 comments
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 37 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 23 user comment(s)
News Item8/15/14 2:57 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Hurlnes wrote:
1John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
WCF
blah blah blah...
Hurlnes, you are in great error concerning this.

Observe:

1 John 2:1 KJV
(1) My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Note: "if any man sin"

IF, IF, IF, IF, IF, if any man sin.

And you thought all along you could sin with impunity, thinking there was no alternative because you still have a sinful nature?

Wow, what a poor Christian testimony you must be to other lost souls.

23

News Item8/15/14 2:35 PM
Observer  Find all comments by Observer
Hurlnes wrote:
1John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
You're in serious need of a theological education. Nah, second thoughts YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN!

The fictitious covenant you were sprinkled into as a baby won't do you any good moniker man! Lol

22

News Item8/15/14 2:34 PM
James Thomas | Florida  Find all comments by James Thomas
Hurlnes,

Its the dominion of sin we are free from...the rule of sin. It does not rule us anymore. We serve righteousness now. That does not mean we do not sin, but that is not the desire of the heart but a desire of the flesh.

21

News Item8/15/14 2:27 PM
Hurlnes  Find all comments by Hurlnes
John UK wrote:
If you think that a Christian is not set free from the dominion of sin, you need to read your Bible more
1John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

WCF
6/V. This corruption of nature, during this life, doth remain in those that are regenerated;[11] and although it be, through Christ, pardoned, and mortified; yet both itself, and all the motions thereof, are truly and properly sin.[12]
11. Prov. 20:9; Eccl. 7:20; Rom. 7:14, 17-18, 21-23; I John 1:8, 10
12. Rom. 7:7-8, 25; Gal. 5:17

20

News Item8/15/14 6:57 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Yes, we were once dominated by sin, but after conversion, as John said, we are set free from that bondage. We are on the right, and sin is on the left, seperate and distinct as we now have the power to recognize it and keep it at arms length. Sin will always beat at the door, and in our weakness, we will open that door at times, and a crack is all it takes, but like throwing water on a fire, we can extinguish it and get it under immediate control. Sin no longer controls us as we have been given the weapons to extinguish it like the water to a fire. We sin, but it no longer controls us...it no longer defines us...it no longer fools us. We see it as it is in all its ugliness; an ugliness we used to embrace and call a friend. Some friend.
19

News Item8/14/14 7:58 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Hurlnes wrote:
---
Arminians - Do not deal with sin Biblically therefore do not acknowledge the extent and influence of sin over man's will.
Calvinists - Stick to the Bible therefore acknowledge the Total Depravity of man through his sinful estate.
---
Depravity does not require that a man with suicidal thoughts must commit suicide.
18

News Item8/14/14 4:29 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Need to put verse 17 in context
Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
To keep things clear all believers by experience acknowledge the Scriptural teaching that we are in a daily war against the world the flesh and the devil. We, say with Paul, I die daily, and humbly pray that through the Spirit we would mortify the desires and deeds of the flesh or as Owen put it, wish that neither fruit nor root remains with us is our aim (even though full realization of that will only happen in glory) We must acknowledge we are crucified with Christ, and reckon ourselves dead indeed to sin. We are also commanded to yield ourselves as instruments of righteousness unto God because sin is not to have dominion over us.
Now if it is being insinuated we sin as believers because we can't help it. Then your argument is against the Word of God that uses action verbs like fight, strive, mortify, resist, avoid, pray against, put off, lay aside, etc. God said we won't be tempted above what we are able, not that we just can't help ourselves.
Hey John UK, hope all is well, appreciate your posting. God bless you.
St US, thank you bro, and thanks for your helpful comments.
17

News Item8/14/14 3:56 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Need to put verse 17 in context

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

To keep things clear all believers by experience acknowledge the Scriptural teaching that we are in a daily war against the world the flesh and the devil. We, say with Paul, I die daily, and humbly pray that through the Spirit we would mortify the desires and deeds of the flesh or as Owen put it, wish that neither fruit nor root remains with us is our aim (even though full realization of that will only happen in glory) We must acknowledge we are crucified with Christ, and reckon ourselves dead indeed to sin. We are also commanded to yield ourselves as instruments of righteousness unto God because sin is not to have dominion over us.

Now if it is being insinuated we sin as believers because we can't help it. Then your argument is against the Word of God that uses action verbs like fight, strive, mortify, resist, avoid, pray against, put off, lay aside, etc. God said we won't be tempted above what we are able, not that we just can't help ourselves.

Hey John UK, hope all is well, appreciate your posting. God bless you.

16

News Item8/14/14 3:51 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Hurlnes wrote:
John you may be sinless.....
But the true Christian lives in the real world.
If you think that a Christian is not set free from the dominion of sin, you need to read your Bible more, Hurlnes.

But then, if you are not born again, you will act according to your sinful nature, and you will sin uncontrollably. The new birth will make you a "new creature" with a new nature. You will then have the spiritual warfare of your flesh trying to gain the upper hand, even though its power has been taken away.

As Dr Martyn Lloyd Jones used to say, "Reckon yourself DEAD to sin, this the biblical position." Count upon it, do not succumb to temptation, fight against it, mortify it daily, beat it, live in the Spirit, you are free, free indeed, from both the consequences and the power of sin. Eventually free from the very presence of sin.

You know, it's always good to get your doctrine from scripture, rather than make scripture bend to your experience.

15

News Item8/14/14 3:33 PM
Hurlnes  Find all comments by Hurlnes
John UK wrote:
Yes, sin dominates man so long as he is in the flesh. But not after conversion.

A Christian under dominion to sin? Not likely, no way!

John you may be sinless.....
But the true Christian lives in the real world.
14

News Item8/14/14 3:16 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Some good advice for those walking in darkness and are confused by it.

Isaiah 50:10 KJV
(10) Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God.

Hurlnes writes: "Hence sins domination over man continues as long as he is in the flesh. As Paul teaches above."

Yes, sin dominates man so long as he is in the flesh. But not after conversion.

Romans 8:1 KJV
(1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:8-9 KJV
(8) So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
(9) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Romans 6:11-12 KJV
(11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

A Christian under dominion to sin? Not likely, no way!

13

News Item8/14/14 2:54 PM
Hurlnes  Find all comments by Hurlnes
S.Taylor wrote:
Calvinists would say suicide is God's will, Arminians would say it's man's choice, and the rest are confused.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that YE CANNOT DO THE THINGS THAT YE WOULD.

Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Arminians - Do not deal with sin Biblically therefore do not acknowledge the extent and influence of sin over man's will.

Calvinists - Stick to the Bible therefore acknowledge the Total Depravity of man through his sinful estate.

Hence sins domination over man continues as long as he is in the flesh. As Paul teaches above.

Jesus taught
Mat 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

12

News Item8/14/14 2:34 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Why don't you use the Bible SteveR?

Matthew 13
19 "When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road.
20 "And the one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word, and immediately receives it with joy;
21 yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away.
22 "And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world, and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
23 "And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit, and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty."---NASB

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/2014/08/13/bill-oreilly-real-story-surrounding-death-robin-williams(...The real story surrounding the death of Robin Williams)

11

News Item8/14/14 2:12 PM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
S.Taylor wrote:
Let's see,
Calvinists would say suicide is God's will, Arminians would say it's man's choice, and the rest are confused.
The Canons of Dordt The Third and Fourth Main Points of Doctrine
Human Corruption, Conversion to God, and the Way It Occurs
Article 9: Human Responsibility for Rejecting the Gospel

The fact that many who are called through the ministry of the gospel do not come and are not brought to conversion must not be blamed on the gospel, nor on Christ, who is offered through the gospel, nor on God, who calls them through the gospel and even bestows various gifts on them, but on the people themselves who are called. Some in self-assurance do not even entertain the Word of life; others do entertain it but do not take it to heart, and for that reason, after the fleeting joy of a temporary faith, they relapse; others choke the seed of the Word with the thorns of life's cares and with the pleasures of the world and bring forth no fruits. This our Savior teaches in the parable of the sower (Matt. 13).

10

News Item8/14/14 1:53 PM
S.Taylor | Mid-West  Contact via emailFind all comments by S.Taylor
Let's see,
Calvinists would say suicide is God's will, Arminians would say it's man's choice, and the rest are confused.
9

News Item8/14/14 12:23 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Hurlnes wrote:
Even the saved are not sinless.
thanks for that insight, but your words it was done "whilst under the dominion of sin" and saints are not sin free but Romans 6 reminds us they are not under the dominion of sin, thus the question
8

News Item8/14/14 12:06 PM
Hurlnes  Find all comments by Hurlnes
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
What exactly are you saying here, that one who is saved would not make that choice and the person making that choice is only because he/she is not saved?
Even the saved are not sinless.
7

News Item8/14/14 12:01 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Hurlnes wrote:
From article
"Walsh called it ironic that some Christians will turn to prayer to address physical ailments like cancer, but won’t do the same when it comes to depression."
Suicide is a choice made not from free will but whilst under the dominion of sin.
What exactly are you saying here, that one who is saved would not make that choice and the person making that choice is only because he/she is not saved?
6

News Item8/14/14 11:44 AM
Hurlnes  Find all comments by Hurlnes
From article
"Walsh called it ironic that some Christians will turn to prayer to address physical ailments like cancer, but won’t do the same when it comes to depression."

Suicide is a choice made not from free will but whilst under the dominion of sin.

5

News Item8/14/14 7:37 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Rodney K. wrote:
I know that the Judge of all the Earth will do right.
I have some family members to call.
Rodney K.
Our Father knows exactly what you need.
Let me encourage you in two parts here.
Yes, There is real guilt/regret in our disobedience and neglect...and very real forgiveness and repentance to our good, and the good of all those around us with our God
So please do cling tight to Christ, weep, mourn whatever is appropriate and as He restores you rejoice in His immeasurable lovingkindness to you.

And remember the ones we love are responsible to Him for what they did with the life He gave them and all the opportunities He gave them for salvation both taken and rejected. He is a very fair and just God, you may have in part failed to witness but He did not

So please do take any false guilt and also his damnable excuses etc and throw them down and stomp on them because who can bring any charge against God's elect, sorry I don't know of any.

AND For your exceeding joy you will be remembered in prayer that God will bless you with fruitful labor (seeing souls saved) in preaching of the Gospel

4
There are a total of 23 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
UK politician arrested after quoting Winston Churchill views...
jim lincoln from nebraska: "another article about winnie from the independent. ;)..."
-4 hrs 13 
The Christmas Truces of 1914: Peace in the Midst of War
advent day: " angela wittman just a quick comment - there really is such a thing..."
-6 hrs 142 
Marijuana use increases in Colorado, according to new federal...
penny: "'he that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: but he that..."
-7 hrs 


The Briefing 02-20-14
Bill Parker
The Amazing Love of God

Malachi 1:1-15
Midweek Service
13th Street Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Who Shall Stand
Mark Pannell

Jon Couch
Hope In A Hopeless Culture

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

Robert Rubino
Benjamin Watson Was Right!

Fellowship Baptist Church
Current Events
Video!Play! | MP4

Blog 12/22/14
I'll Be Home for Christmas

New York Gospel Mission
merry chr­istm­as! hol­iday fest­iv­it­ies are in full swing...

Sponsor:
Top 10 Puritan Hard Drive Reviews

Wash­er, Beeke, Bauch­am, Benn­ett, Brown, Price, McM­ah­on, Johns­on, Dild­ay, Menc­ar­ow...
www.puritandownloads.com/bl..

Event: Southwest Family Vision Conference 2015
Heritage Baptist Church

SPONSOR | 4,900+

SPONSOR





                   
O, my brethren, be humbled under the sovereignty of God. ... Robert Murray McCheyne

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI Sites
Domain Redirect
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream

INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.