members, click to sign in..

3,748 active users!!Bandwidth
MONDAY
DEC 29, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff PicksNew Stuff!
CommentsALL -20 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
About | 4 Days Left!
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  12/29/2014
Choice News WEDNESDAY, JUN 11, 2014  |  60 comments
Islam second largest religion in twenty states

Christianity is by far the largest religion in the United States; more than three-quarters of Americans identify as Christians. A little more than half of us identify as Protestants, about 23 percent as Catholic and about 2 percent as Mormon.

But what about the rest of us? In the Western U.S., Buddhists represent the largest non-Christian religious bloc in most states. In 20 states, mostly in the Midwest and South, Islam is the largest non-Christian faith tradition. And in 15 states, mostly in the Northeast, Judaism has the most followers after Christianity. Hindus come in second place in Arizona and Delaware, and there are more practitioners of the Baha’i faith in South Carolina than anyone else. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.washingtonpost.com

   10/12/14  |  Religion's influence waning, study says • 6 comments
   09/12/14  |  Religion: Crutch for the Crazy or Panacea for Peon and Prince?
   09/06/14  |  'Christianity Is No Longer a Religion,' Turkish Minister Declares • 9 comments
   08/16/14  |  Richard Dawkins: Churchgoers enable fundamentalists by being... • 5 comments
   02/07/14  |  Southern States Dominate Top 10 Most Religious States, New... • 102 comments
MORE RELATED ( RELIGION ) NEWS | MORE..
   12/24/14  |  'Traditional' families collapsing • 7 comments
   12/24/14  |  FDA recommends ending ban on blood donations from gay men • 6 comments
   12/24/14  |  Germans Gather to Sing Christmas Carols Against Islamisation • 63 comments
   12/23/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio iPhone + iPad Edition v3.9! • 101 comments
   12/22/14  |  Gunman executes cops as 'revenge' for Garner • 24 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   12/01/14  |  From Tyndale to Today: A New Study Bible • 34 comments
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 37 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 60 user comment(s)
News Item7/6/14 3:46 PM
s c | Oh  Find all comments by s c
The WCF would do well to understand that one is saved by (immersion) in the washing of God's word and by His Holy Spirit. No wonder everyone is confused in regards to the details (mode, time and manner). One is only baptized in the Spirit in only one way. And I'll add (what the Bible says)...there is no second baptism of the Holy Ghost. His Spirit dwells within us at the time that we are saved.
60

News Item6/17/14 11:43 PM
Dolores | Texas  Find all comments by Dolores
I'm a little late posting on this one but just had to comment on The Dr.'s post. The best advice anyone could give and said in a very humorous way. Brilliant Dr. Love it!!
59

News Item6/14/14 5:21 PM
The Dr.  Find all comments by The Dr.
Well, I see that "Doctrinitis " is still prevelant here on the board...sigh!
Would recommend that you take a chill pill , put away all your commentaries, theological books, dust off your Bible, sit down dig into Gods Word and have yourself a real feast.

Hopefully you will be better soon.

58

News Item6/14/14 5:07 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
WCF Teaches Only Bible Facts wrote:
Those who cannot perceive this always support some form of self salvation.
Ah, you mean like the baby sprinklers, who help God to make his election choices by procreating and forcing God's hand, not giving HIM any choice in the matter at all.

I rather think God is SOVEREIGN over all men.

57

News Item6/14/14 4:45 PM
WCF Teaches Only Bible Facts | For the Discerning Christian  Find all comments by WCF Teaches Only Bible Facts
"In days of increasing encroachment upon the liberties which are God-given, the charter of liberty needs again to be resounded: “God alone is Lord of the conscience, and hath left it free from the doctrines and commandments of men which are, in any thing, contrary to his Word, or beside it, in matters of faith or worship.” (XX, ii). And when the church thinks that the modes of worship are a matter of human discretion, we need to be recalled to the regulative principle that “the acceptable way of worshipping the true God is instituted by himself, and so limited by his own revealed will, that he may not be worshipped according to the imaginations and devices of men, or the suggestions of Satan, under any visible representation, or any other way not prescribed in the holy Scripture.” (XXI, i). Or, when the sacred ties of matrimony are lightly regarded and even desecrated, what could be more relevant than the principles and restrictions enunciated in chapter XXIV of the Westminster Confession." (Prof J. Murray)

The alternative to Calvinism is man's sinful conviction that God needs his help to save him. The WCF spells out with total accuracy the doctrines of Scripture. Those who cannot perceive this always support some form of self salvation.

56

News Item6/14/14 1:52 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
WCF is not the Bible wrote:
Sure WCF Teaches is passionate about changing the facts about baptism. ("...although it is evident that the term baptise means to immerse, and that this was the form used by the primitive Church." Calvin, J. Institutes of the Christian religion).
Methinks Mr Calvin was a secret immersionist Baptist, and he probably toed the catholic line just to keep his job which he didn't really want in the first place.

Just goes to show, if you don't toe the Bible line, you'll end up toeing the party line.

And in this case, the party line has misled countless people who have never met Christ, never been called, never been born again, never have any experience of God, never have any agape love of God, never witness to others, never have a heart for the souls of those outside ....... yet they were sprinkled as a baby ...... so they're going to heaven when they die.

55

News Item6/14/14 1:09 PM
WCF is not the Bible  Find all comments by WCF is not the Bible
Sure WCF Teaches is passionate about changing the facts about baptism. ("...although it is evident that the term baptise means to immerse, and that this was the form used by the primitive Church." Calvin, J. Institutes of the Christian religion). WCF Teaches is passionate about distorting the truth about Baptist. WCF Teaches is passionate about being condescending to those who don't share his distorted view.

John 2:17 And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of your house has consumed me

Acts 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.

Looks like the Bible is not his passion

54

News Item6/14/14 12:44 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
1) WCF point taken from Acts 14:15 Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:
2) Careful of the anthropomorphic characteristics assigned to God.

Dic;
an·thro·po·mor·phic
1. ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity

"Anthropomorphism comes from two Greek words: anthropos (man) and morphe (form). Therefore, an anthropomorphism is when God appears to us or manifests Himself to us in human form or even attributes to Himself human characteristics. --. After all, we cannot ascend to where God is, but He can descend to where we are." (Matt Slick)

It is not attributing to God a human characteristic to say he gets angry or loves or hates. The Bible makes that evident. These are passions. The fact that the passions are righteous make them no less passions. Perhaps we are defining the word differently?

53

News Item6/14/14 12:10 PM
westminster  Find all comments by westminster
Mike wrote:
1) Pretty good stuff except for the "without..passions" part. But then we shouldn't expect that which men conceive to be right on every account.
2) Jeremiah 25:15
"For thus saith the LORD God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it."
1) WCF point taken from Acts 14:15 And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:
2) Careful of the anthropomorphic characteristics assigned to God.

Dic;
an·thro·po·mor·phic
1. ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity

"Anthropomorphism comes from two Greek words: anthropos (man) and morphe (form). Therefore, an anthropomorphism is when God appears to us or manifests Himself to us in human form or even attributes to Himself human characteristics. We see this all over the Bible -- and rightly so. After all, we cannot ascend to where God is, but He can descend to where we are." (Matt Slick)

52

News Item6/14/14 10:34 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
WCF Teaches Only Bible Facts wrote:
---
WCF 2/1. There is but one only living and true God, who is infinite in being and perfection, a most pure spirit, invisible, without body, parts, or passions, immutable, immense, eternal, incomprehensible, almighty, most wise, most holy, most free, most absolute, working all things according to the counsel of his own immutable and most righteous will, for his own glory; most loving, gracious ...."
Pretty good stuff except for the "without..passions" part. But then we shouldn't expect that which men conceive to be right on every account.

Jeremiah 25:15
"For thus saith the LORD God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it."

51

News Item6/14/14 9:44 AM
WCF Teaches Only Bible Facts | For the Discerning Christian  Find all comments by WCF Teaches Only Bible Facts
WCF is not the Bible wrote:
makes your statement an outright lie. Many good things in WCF, but saying all it doctrines from the Bible however is bogus. Violates the 9th commandment. Your worship of the WCF violates the 1st commandment.
Your statement is an outright lie. Your version of baptism was invented by the Anabaptist heretics in the 16th century and does not come from anywhere in Scripture.

The WCF is of course Calvinist and the alternative to Calvinism is the Roman Catholic, Arminian, free will save yourself ideology. Therefore non-Calvinists will not receive the truths of the WCF anymore than the truths of Scripture.

The Calvinist does not worship the WCF he/she simply recognises that its teachings are in accordance with the Holy Scripture. Therefore it is very worrying when some around here cannot affirm that truth.

WCF 2/1. There is but one only living and true God, who is infinite in being and perfection, a most pure spirit, invisible, without body, parts, or passions, immutable, immense, eternal, incomprehensible, almighty, most wise, most holy, most free, most absolute, working all things according to the counsel of his own immutable and most righteous will, for his own glory; most loving, gracious ...."

50

News Item6/13/14 4:24 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Allah Had No Son and Camel's In The Tent there is a thread about a Chick tract, and these appear to be relavant to this one
49

News Item6/13/14 3:26 PM
WCF is not the Bible  Find all comments by WCF is not the Bible
WCF teaches Only Bible Facts wrote:
... Its doctrines are drawn from nowhere else but the Bible. ...
Chapter 28 of WCF

III. Dipping of the person into the water is not necessary; but Baptism is rightly administered by pouring, or sprinkling water upon the person.[10]

IV. Not only those that do actually profess faith in and obedience unto Christ,[11] but also the infants of one, or both, believing parents, are to be baptized.[12]

makes your statement an outright lie. Many good things in WCF, but saying all it doctrines from the Bible however is bogus. Violates the 9th commandment. Your worship of the WCF violates the 1st commandment.

48

News Item6/13/14 2:51 PM
pennnned  Find all comments by pennnned
47

News Item6/13/14 2:49 PM
WCF teaches Only Bible Facts | For the Discerning Christian  Find all comments by WCF teaches Only Bible Facts
"The Westminster Confession of Faith is a biblical confession, and its a confession of the biblical faith. Its doctrines are drawn from nowhere else but the Bible. It is usually spoken of as being a Calvinistic document, and for the last hundred years, this has been said scornfully. But we could just as easily say that the Westminster Confession of Faith was Augustinian. Now it is Calvinistic, lets not be ashamed of it; it is Augustinian; but we could equally say that it is Pauline. What did Augustine do, but take the doctrine taught by Paul, who had taken the doctrine taught by Christ, and Augustine systematised it. Then at the time of the Reformation, one of the greatest theological minds the world has seen took the doctrines of Augustine. Seeing that it was a biblical system, Calvin elaborated it more and made it clearer, and gave us theological works that are coming back into the hearts, as well as the minds of men today.

So in a sense we have to say that its not just a Calvinistic document, and not just an Augustinian document, but that it is a biblical document. It is because these men were biblical that we can call it Calvinistic or Augustinian etc, but it goes right back to the teaching of the Old and New Testaments." (Prof D MacMillan)

46

News Item6/12/14 12:49 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
1517 wrote:
John UK,
I am open to amendments to an imperfect body of work, but am blessed by the conspicuous faithful allegiance manifested within the Westminster standards. Cannot vouch for the RCC influence you claim because these men were the inheritors of the Reformed. Not exactly benevolent toward the RCC doctrine.:-)
Hello 1517,

Yes I believe you are quite correct in asserting that the body of work in general is most biblical, and no doubt would be a blessing to any who read it as a subordinate standard to the Bible.

But it did need amending to perfect it, which was done by the London Baptists.

Over various threads, we have discovered that either baptismal regeneration or a guaranteed regeneration due to genealogy was proposed by the body of work, which brought forth such indignation from concerned parties, that one day I thought my laptop screen would crack owing to the furore and furious responses. Brother Observer informed us all of precious truth concerning baptism, and he wrote so loudly that I thought my little laptop speakers would disintegrate.

And I can understand that this remnant of Catholicism would remain in the body of work requiring rectification.

45

News Item6/12/14 12:08 PM
1517  Find all comments by 1517
John UK,
I am open to amendments to an imperfect body of work, but am blessed by the conspicuous faithful allegiance manifested within the Westminster standards. Cannot vouch for the RCC influence you claim because these men were the inheritors of the Reformed. Not exactly benevolent toward the RCC doctrine.:-)
44

News Item6/12/14 11:24 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
not again wrote:
...venomous hate and scorn...
I take it you are not aware that the following statement is a blatant lie, which has been successfully repelled on these threads many times?

"However since the Baptists decided 15 centuries later to RE-Invent the wheel on baptism they decided to add their human traditions to their version."

Telling lies deserves all the scorn and rebuke they get.

Now if you don't mind, I am trying to have a sensible convo with 1517, who does not resort to such tactics as you Presbies.

43

News Item6/12/14 11:06 AM
not again  Find all comments by not again
John UK wrote:
I'm sorry, but I'm talking to 1517, who doesn't normally tell lies to bolster his points. Thank you very much.
Ah yes. The standard venomous hate and scorn emerges from Johns pen again. This hate for all that is not Johnology eventually reappears on the threads when he cannot debate successfully against other folks. We have seen it before and now we see it yet again.

Proverbs 1:22
How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

42

News Item6/12/14 10:52 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Biblical Presbyterian wrote:
The Baptists didn't have a WCF of their own so they had to "borrow" from the Biblical Presbyterians.
However since the Baptists decided 15 centuries later to RE-Invent the wheel on baptism they decided to add their human traditions to their version.
I see the WCF has been translated into other languages such as Chinese and Arabic and others. So the WCF will be an excellent source of teaching Scripture accurately to the nations. By the Grace of God.
I'm sorry, but I'm talking to 1517, who doesn't normally tell lies to bolster his points. Thank you very much.
41
There are a total of 60 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last
Last PostTotal
Best News Ever!
christopher000 from rhode island: "i know many, many people who claim the titles of..."
-6 min 78 
Obama: America Has Become ‘Less Racially Divided’ Under My...
sinner: " christopher000 hello...this question is for anyone: when you pray for..."
-17 min 12 
Oklahoma Church Organizes "Beer and Hymns Sunday"
saint elmer from berlin, ohio: "i stumbled upon this today and i'm wondering what..."
-2 hrs 12 


Prohibitions, Godly Neighbors
Bill Parker
The Amazing Love of God

Malachi 1:1-15
Midweek Service
13th Street Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Who Shall Stand
Mark Pannell

Robert Rubino
Benjamin Watson Was Right!

Fellowship Baptist Church
Current Events
Video!Play! | MP4

Jon Couch
Hope In A Hopeless Culture

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

Blog 12/22/14
I'll Be Home for Christmas

New York Gospel Mission
merry chr­istm­as! hol­iday fest­iv­it­ies are in full swing...

Sponsor:
Top 10 Puritan Hard Drive Reviews

Wash­er, Beeke, Bauch­am, Benn­ett, Brown, Price, McM­ah­on, Johns­on, Dild­ay, Menc­ar­ow...
www.puritandownloads.com/bl..

Sermon: Things that cannot be shaken
Pastor Michael Pickett

SPONSOR | 4,200+

SPONSOR





                   
It is impossible to be a true soldier of Jesus Christ and not fight. ... J. Gresham Machen

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI Sites
Domain Redirect
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream

INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.