members, click to sign in..

5,324 active users!!Bandwidth
SATURDAY
SEP 20, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -12 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  9/20/2014
WEDNESDAY, MAR 5, 2014  |  71 comments
Home births still rising, driven by white moms
Home births have risen to their highest level in about four decades but are still only a fraction of all births, according to a new government report released Tuesday.

A little more than 1 percent of U.S. births occur at home, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported. Experts say they remain largely a phenomenon of white women and those who live in remote areas.

In the 20th century, births shifted from homes to hospitals. Out-of-hospital deliveries were down to 1 percent by 1969. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
news.yahoo.com

Majesty of a Godly Marriage
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Majesty of a Godly MarriageDr. Alan Cairns | 2/8/2009
•  Rearing And Educating Children • Rev. Ivan Foster | 10/28/1993
•  Teaching Children to Listen 1Dr. Joel Beeke | 1/4/2009
•  CAUTION: This Will Harm You • Dr. John Barnett | 9/17/2000

   06/09/14  |  Did Government’s Experiment on Preemies Hide Risks?
   06/08/14  |  How to Raise a Pagan Kid in a Christian Home • 5 comments
   06/06/14  |  Fury over parents ‘spied’ on by Scots’ state guardians • 2 comments
   06/05/14  |  Adoption under fire • 1 comments
   04/24/14  |  To train up a Pharisee • 9 comments
MORE RELATED ( CHILDREN ) NEWS | MORE..
   09/17/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio iPhone + iPad Edition v3.8! • 98 comments
   09/16/14  |  ISIS 'Won't Be Afraid To Put A Bomb In Lower Manhattan' • 14 comments
   09/14/14  |  Islamic State claims beheading of British hostage: SITE • 5 comments
   09/14/14  |  Scottish independence campaign lead before vote - ICM poll • 24 comments
   09/14/14  |  Atheist Bill Maher Defends Christians as Host Charlie Rose... • 11 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   09/20/14  |  Ukrainian President Turns to American Pastors for Help... • 2 comments
   09/20/14  |  Antidepressants rapidly alter brain architecture • 14 comments
   09/20/14  |  Cop defies order to 'celebrate' Islam • 4 comments
   09/20/14  |  17th Century Bible is Helping to Revive a Native-American... • 1 comments
   09/20/14  |  Researchers rekindle vaccine-autism debate • 5 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 71 user comment(s)
News Item3/9/14 7:45 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Ok, I can't think straight enough right now to answer, but I understand what you are getting at.
71

News Item3/8/14 12:13 PM
Strat  Find all comments by Strat
Christopher000 wrote:
Add a loooong pause between "between the lines", and "All too often". I wasn't joining the two comments to mean the 2nd half is what I gathered from you. Seperate thoughts, my own thoughts.
I understand,but perhaps you can tell me how the approval of the abuse of women by men is arrived at based on what has been said here.

The liberal narrative always has a villain and a victim,the feminist narrative says that the victims are women and the villians are men,always, and even though no one,myself included has remotely suggested that women should be abused in any way it still comes up again and again because that is the feminist influence and mindset,any challenge to the roles of victim and villan and responsability per feminism cannot go unchallenged....one must,no pun intended"submit" or else.

70

News Item3/8/14 7:04 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Add a loooong pause between "between the lines", and "All too often". I wasn't joining the two comments to mean the 2nd half is what I gathered from you. Seperate thoughts, my own thoughts.
69

News Item3/7/14 5:02 PM
Strat  Find all comments by Strat
Christopher000 wrote:
Thanks Dorcas and Elise. I understand where Strat is coming from, to a degree while reading between the lines. All to often I have seen Christian husbands ruling their "women" with an iron fist, using a verse of scripture to keep them in line on pain of disobediance to God. I have heard of these militants, in extreme cases, spanking, slapping, and switching their wives should they become disobediant or show resistance. These are extreme contortions of God's Word, but emotional abuse is no less destructive and is not part of God's marraige plans. I feel that as a women loves her husband, so should the man love his wife. The man is the head of the house, and the familys spiritual head. I believe submission means recognizing these facts, acknowledging the mans appointed position, and giving the man charge, but love remains a partnership, nit a yes sir, no sir marine style existance where the woman is treated with contempt, deemed worthless and void of any significance.
Kind of straw man argument since I can't find a single post that advocates such,along with feminism liberalism has entered the church,the liberal narrative is always unbalanced,about the past,the present worst case scenario and last but not least,revenge !
68

News Item3/7/14 8:45 AM
mourner  Find all comments by mourner
T2W wrote:
A Puritan non conformist ..lived in the 17th century.
Couldn't follow myself last evening and that is why I didn't respond T2W and Ladybug. Appreciated the link and info.
I ended my night reading:
Job 35:5 Look unto the heavens, and see; and behold the clouds which are higher than thou.

6 If thou sinnest, what doest thou against him? or if thy transgressions be multiplied, what doest thou unto him?

7 If thou be righteous, what givest thou him? or what receiveth he of thine hand?

8 Thy wickedness may hurt a man as thou art; and thy righteousness may profit the son of man.

9 By reason of the multitude of oppressions they make the oppressed to cry: they cry out by reason of the arm of the mighty.

10 But none saith, Where is God my maker, who giveth songs in the night;

11 Who teacheth us more than the beasts of the earth, and maketh us wiser than the fowls of heaven?

12 There they cry, but none giveth answer, because of the pride of evil men.

13 Surely God will not hear vanity, neither will the Almighty regard it.

14 Although thou sayest thou shalt not see him, yet judgment is before him; therefore trust thou in him.

I've gotten good counsel from Elihu to Job over the years.

67

News Item3/7/14 7:23 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Thanks Dorcas and Elise. I understand where Strat is coming from, to a degree while reading between the lines. All to often I have seen Christian husbands ruling their "women" with an iron fist, using a verse of scripture to keep them in line on pain of disobediance to God. I have heard of these militants, in extreme cases, spanking, slapping, and switching their wives should they become disobediant or show resistance. These are extreme contortions of God's Word, but emotional abuse is no less destructive and is not part of God's marraige plans. I feel that as a women loves her husband, so should the man love his wife. The man is the head of the house, and the familys spiritual head. I believe submission means recognizing these facts, acknowledging the mans appointed position, and giving the man charge, but love remains a partnership, nit a yes sir, no sir marine style existance where the woman is treated with contempt, deemed worthless and void of any significance.
66

News Item3/7/14 6:23 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
At Hamline University in Saint Paul, Minnesota everybody puts a Ham on the line.
65

News Item3/7/14 1:49 AM
GSTexas  Find all comments by GSTexas
" As the church's subjection to Christ is proposed as an examplar to wives, so the love of Christ to his church is proposed as a pattern to husbands; and while such exemplars are offered to both, and so much are required of each, neither has reason to complain of the divine injunctions. The love which God requires from the husband in behalf of his wife will make amends of the subjection which he demands from her to her husband; and the prescribed subjection of the wife will be an abundant return for that love of the husband which God has made her due."

- From Matthew Henrys Commentary on Ephesians 5:21-33

64

News Item3/6/14 11:02 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Strat wrote:
Unprofitable,i have never said any of those things and have no idea how to respond to you,if you can quote me saying those things please do.....any of you quote me if you can saying anything you say I have said.
Ladybug,thank you,coming from you that means a lot.I am cruel because I disagree with you,divisive because I have the right like you do to speak my point of view and unlike you with your gender specific theology apply the bible to both sides,and show no love for anyone because your definition of love is twisted to conform to your pseudo christian misandrist views....have a good evening and thanks for the compliments.
Thanks for your clarification, Strat. There is a reason I left an open ended question at the end of my post. I was not trying to say you had said anything about which I questioned you. I was trying to clarify your position because reading the way the thread was going that was how it appeared you were being perceived and I did not figure it was where you stood. Appreciate your stances against liberalism and feminism. God bless.
63

News Item3/6/14 8:58 PM
mourner  Find all comments by mourner
Strat wrote:
Has anyone read the Bible where it calls both men and women equally to holiness,rightousness and mutual submission within their God given roles without excuses and worldly influence.
Yes, but the Lord has provided teachers and pastors and since I've been without one of my own since 2002 outside of a book the Lord has kindly directed me in the old paths. Strat, God is teaching patience to his people and that never comes easy. Since you spoke first I thought I'd risk it. You'd like Gouge I think. It really troubled me because of my past (and present) ignorance but it also encouraged me to press on (agonize) toward the mark.
62

News Item3/6/14 8:55 PM
T2W  Find all comments by T2W
mourner wrote:
Who is he? I honestly rarely read beyond 19th century. Is he a modern author?
Why do you like him?
A Puritan non conformist ..lived in the 17th century.I read a wide variety of Godly men from the past.He is just one who was brought to my attention many years ago.
61

News Item3/6/14 8:43 PM
ladybug  Find all comments by ladybug
http://www.the-highway.com/familyduty_Steele.html
60

News Item3/6/14 8:36 PM
Strat  Find all comments by Strat
Has anyone read the Bible where it calls both men and women equally to holiness,rightousness and mutual submission within their God given roles without excuses and worldly influence.
59

News Item3/6/14 8:36 PM
mourner  Find all comments by mourner
T2W wrote:
Mourner...have you ever read "The Duties of Husbands and Wives". by Richard Steele? Very good also.
Who is he? I honestly rarely read beyond 19th century. Is he a modern author?
Why do you like him?
58

News Item3/6/14 8:29 PM
T2W  Find all comments by T2W
Mourner...have you ever read "The Duties of Husbands and Wives". by Richard Steele? Very good also.
57

News Item3/6/14 8:26 PM
Strat  Find all comments by Strat
Your comment contains the word "balance" so good luck with this crowd
56

News Item3/6/14 8:21 PM
mourner  Find all comments by mourner
Has anyone read William Gouge's 'Domestical Duties'? It is 17th century reading, not easy but it is solidly grounded in the Word of God and it does show how back-slidden the Church is, how much the world's view points have affected the Church.

Several heads: 1. Apostles transition from general duties to particular 2. of joining service to men with praising of God. 3. of everyone submitting himself to another 4. of the fear of God 5. of the fear of God leading us to do service to men 5. of limiting all duties to men within the compass of the fear of God 7. of performing the duties of particular callings 8. of the lawfulness of private functions in a family 9. of the Apostles order of laying down the duties of husbands and wives in the first place 10. of the Apostle's order in setting down inferiors duties in the first place. 11. of the reasons why wives duties are first taught
12. of wives subjection 13. of the persons to whom wives must be subject 14. how a husband is his wives head 15. of the resemblance of the husband to Christ 16. of the resemblance of the Church to Christ (balance) 17. of the relation between Christ and the Church 18. of the benefits of Christ's headship 19. of Christ a sufficient Savior 20. of Christ the only Savior. Lots more

55

News Item3/6/14 8:13 PM
Strat  Find all comments by Strat
You are a liar and bear false witness,quote me as suggesting violence in any way directed at anyone....again you are a liar.

I see you removed the "joke Strat style" comment before others could see it.

54

News Item3/6/14 8:11 PM
Thumbsdown  Find all comments by Thumbsdown
T2W wrote:
Thumbsdown....we all need prayer.
"a good slapping" is not found in Gods Word to make any of us submit.
Our Lord Jesus said "If you love me obey my commandments."
That was a joke.
53

News Item3/6/14 8:07 PM
T2W  Find all comments by T2W
Thumbsdown....we all need prayer.
"a good slapping" is not found in Gods Word to make any of us submit.
Our Lord Jesus said "If you love me obey my commandments."
52
There are a total of 71 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 | last
Last PostTotal
Actually, 'Obamacare' Really Does Cover Abortions, Gov't...
jim lincoln from nebraska: "aww, ups, you might find this a little less confusing...."
-10 min 
Researchers rekindle vaccine-autism debate
barry from ky from northern ky: "well said pennned, i'm not going to get into this..."
-18 min 
Rush Limbaugh 'shocks socks off' with Bible truth
more flapdoodle from isles of langerhans: "i heard rush interview his brother and..."
-54 min 


A Certain Man Drew a Bow
Andrew Quigley
Write On & Incline MY Heart

'Drift, Neglect and Listening'
Sunday - PM
Airdrie Reformed Presbyterian
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Union With Christ: Part II
Pastor John Ashwood

Lin Brown
Living in Unity

Grace Particular Baptist
Sunday Service
Transcript!Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
How To Preach The Gospel

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Robert Rubino
9/11 Memorial and Apostasy

Galatians 5:1-15
Fellowship Baptist Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Event: Jan 22-24, 2015
G3 Conference 2015

The Bible is the Word of God
Conference
Pray's Mill Baptist Church

Sponsor:
Bible's Providential Preservation

Free MP3s: King James Vers­ion, Other Vers­ions, Textus Rec­ept­us, Mas­or­etic Text, Etc.
www.puritandownloads.com/th..

Sponsor:
Chantry,Quinn,Daniel 2014 Conference

Faith Bible Church Oct 10-12 "The Joy of Worsh­ip"
www.sermonaudio.com

Sermon: Christ Centered Evangelism 11
Evangelist Ed Lacy






                   
It is easier to speak about revival than to set about it. ... Horatius Bonar

Las Vegas, NV
  24   DAYS LEFT
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.