members, click to sign in..

4,164 active users!!Bandwidth
SUNDAY
AUG 30, 2015
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -55 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA News
FRONT PAGE  |  8/30/2015
TUESDAY, MAR 4, 2014  |  60 comments
Meat worker sacked for refusing to work on Sabbath

A meat worker sacked for refusing to work on the Sabbath has been awarded almost $30,000 compensation after successfully arguing the decision breached his human rights.

Jalesi Nakarawa complained to the Human Rights Review Tribunal that Affco New Zealand terminated his job on religious grounds.

Mr Nakarawa told the tribunal he belonged to the Church of God and believed that, as required by the Fifth Commandment, the Sabbath must be observed - meaning he could not engage in paid work between sunset on Friday and sunset on Saturday, according to the tribunal decision released today. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.nzherald.co.nz

Why did Sabbath Day change?
  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  An Afternoon With Euan Murray • Euan Murray | 11/23/2008
•  Why did Sabbath Day change?Dr. Alan Cairns | 4/13/2009
•  Lord's Day - Biblical doctrine • Rev Malcolm Watts | 10/1/2005

   08/30/15  |  Lawyer Who Represented Churches in China Is Missing
   08/29/15  |  Husband and Wife Who Converted to Christianity Shot by Muslim... • 10 comments
   08/29/15  |  Vatican Says Ex-Envoy, Charged With Sexual Abuse, Has Died • 6 comments
   08/29/15  |  Italian lesbian author gets papal blessing • 4 comments
   08/28/15  |  Obama to seek unity with Pope • 21 comments
MORE RELATED ( RELIGION ) NEWS | MORE..
   08/28/15  |  Polygamists Point to Gay Marriage Ruling to Sanction Their Sin • 12 comments
   08/27/15  |  Slain Christian's head allegedly bashed by Muslim 'refugees' • 6 comments
   08/26/15  |  Abortion video biomedical company tried to block released • 5 comments
   08/25/15  |  Dow plummets, recovers, dives again • 1 comments
   08/25/15  |  Cruz to Lead 50-State Attack on Planned Parenthood
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 60 user comment(s)
News Item3/10/14 8:40 AM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Prophet John Beachy wrote:
Do you want to hurt me or kill me in the name of Jesus in accordance with Calvinist/Statist doctrine?
Paranoid? Out of your medication? or did I miss a memo?
60

News Item3/9/14 11:42 PM
Prophet John Beachy  Find all comments by Prophet John Beachy
Ok, no comment on Jupiter I take it. What makes an apostle a real apostle then? And why are you so angry with me? Do you want to hurt me or kill me in the name of Jesus in accordance with Calvinist/Statist doctrine?

Your sin will find you out wrote:
Revelation 2:2
I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
Looks like all the liars mentioned above were NOT the last.
59

News Item3/9/14 4:07 PM
Your sin will find you out  Find all comments by Your sin will find you out
Apostle JB wrote:
One question asked was what about the apostle Jupiter?
Revelation 2:2
I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

Looks like all the liars mentioned above were NOT the last.

58

News Item3/9/14 3:50 PM
Apostle JB  Find all comments by Apostle JB
One question asked was what about the apostle Jupiter?
57

News Item3/9/14 3:46 AM
Reverend John B  Find all comments by Reverend John B
Alf is deleting posts again! Shame shame, not very nice.
56

News Item3/8/14 10:47 PM
R. K. Borill | Baton Rouge, Louisiana  Protected NameFind all comments by R. K. Borill
2 Corinthians 11:13 KJV
[13] For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
55

News Item3/8/14 10:40 PM
R. K. Borill | Baton Rouge, Louisiana  Protected NameFind all comments by R. K. Borill
"Apostle B",
I suppose, however, based on silly "logic," that folks can just make up the time according to their own will and can make up some do's and don't's according to their own will as well.

R. K. Borill's response:
Since you think that "logic" is silly, you toss it aside and feel free to call yourself an Apostle. One of the twelve I assume? But, would that mean there are now thirteen? Of course one of the Apostles who actually saw the risen Lord and performed real miracles and wrote inspired scripture would have a problem with your non-view of logic that you call "silly". You see "in the beginning was the logos" which could be translated "logic". John 1:1

Revelation 1:10 KJV
[10] I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

54

News Item3/8/14 7:18 PM
Pastor Jay Bee  Find all comments by Pastor Jay Bee
Surely you have your Pastor confused with the obvious troll John Yurich, for your Pastor JB needs no help from effeminate AW Pink.

Its Help a troll Day wrote:
The Holy Sabbath by A W Pink
53

News Item3/8/14 4:07 PM
MG | the Land Down Under  Find all comments by MG
Duh, Galations is written to address two things: Obedience to the Rabbinical/Pharisaic/Man-made laws rather than GOD's (usually called "under the law" or "works of the law"). You can see this in Gal 3:10. The "works of the law" oppose the "book of the law".
Secondly, Galations talks against justification by the law. Gal 5:4
52

News Item3/8/14 6:29 AM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
51

News Item3/8/14 6:13 AM
Duh | No SteveR hate  Find all comments by Duh
MG wrote:
The New Covenant: "I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them". Heb 10:16
Galatians 5:3
For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

The same applies to all judaizing practices, whether it is those who equate circumcision with baptism, those who insist in observing a 7th day Sabbath etc..

50

News Item3/8/14 5:08 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
MG wrote:
Hi John.
We have a Sabbath day of rest, and then meet together for fellowship over the Word of GOD , prayer and a meal together. This means that we'll often be working on the Sunday, but have been to some Sunday services too. Our aim is not to set ourselves up as some exclusive know-it-all's (although I realize it may seem like that too some)! Christ is still our common link with our brothers and sisters across the world!
That's real interesting MG, thanks. I'd like to ask some more questions, but I have to go out now. Perhaps later.
49

News Item3/8/14 4:56 AM
MG | the Land Down Under  Find all comments by MG
Hi John.
We have a Sabbath day of rest, and then meet together for fellowship over the Word of GOD , prayer and a meal together. This means that we'll often be working on the Sunday, but have been to some Sunday services too. Our aim is not to set ourselves up as some exclusive know-it-all's (although I realize it may seem like that too some)! Christ is still our common link with our brothers and sisters across the world!
48

News Item3/8/14 4:46 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
MG wrote:
I've wondered the same thing concerning when and how to keep the 7th day Sabbath. I've now gone back to what we call Saturday, after decades of only Sunday "observance". There are a lot of teachings and books on how we can change the original command to a Sunday but in the end it was just (I believe) the Holy Spirit's prodding and the teaching of Scripture that led us to going back to the 7th, rather than the 1st day. I must admit Rome's direct teaching of swapping days and wanting everyone to follow also clarified (to us) that it was man's doing and not GOD's.
Please note that nothing I've said on this post is to condemn anyone, but simply to challenge. I had the same view as most no too long ago!
MG, I'd be interested to know how you have kept the 7th day sabbath since coming to a new understanding of it. For instance, does your church have meetings on the sabbath? Or do you have a sabbath day of rest, and go to worship services on the Sunday? Thank you.
47

News Item3/8/14 4:45 AM
MG | the Land Down Under  Find all comments by MG
The New Covenant: "I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them". Heb 10:16
46

News Item3/8/14 4:30 AM
Duh | No SteveR hate  Find all comments by Duh
MG wrote:
Apostle B, I've wondered the same thing concerning when and how to keep the 7th day Sabbath. I've now gone back to what we call Saturday, after decades of only Sunday "observance". There are a lot of teachings and books on how we can change the original command to a Sunday but in the end it was just (I believe) the Holy Spirit's prodding and the teaching of Scripture that led us to going back to the 7th, rather than the 1st day. I must admit Rome's direct teaching of swapping days and wanting everyone to follow also clarified (to us) that it was man's doing and not GOD's.
Please note that nothing I've said on this post is to condemn anyone, but simply to challenge. I had the same view as most no too long ago!
You've reverted to obedience of the old covenant requirement because you cannot bring yourself to believe that The Lord of the Sabbath had the right to change the day of observance under the New Covenant. Sure that makes sense.
45

News Item3/7/14 8:30 PM
MG | the Land Down Under  Find all comments by MG
Apostle B, I've wondered the same thing concerning when and how to keep the 7th day Sabbath. I've now gone back to what we call Saturday, after decades of only Sunday "observance". There are a lot of teachings and books on how we can change the original command to a Sunday but in the end it was just (I believe) the Holy Spirit's prodding and the teaching of Scripture that led us to going back to the 7th, rather than the 1st day. I must admit Rome's direct teaching of swapping days and wanting everyone to follow also clarified (to us) that it was man's doing and not GOD's.

Please note that nothing I've said on this post is to condemn anyone, but simply to challenge. I had the same view as most no too long ago!

44

News Item3/7/14 12:24 PM
Its Help a troll Day  Find all comments by Its Help a troll Day
Apostle B wrote:
And this is one reason why there are tens of thousands of so-called denominations/sects/churches/groups/whatever.
And I don't think anyone addressed my question:
How does someone in the U.S. keep a 7th day sabbath and how does he know when to do it?
I suppose, however, based on silly "logic," that folks can just make up the time according to their own will and can make up some do's and don't's according to their own will as well.
The Holy Sabbath by A W Pink
43

News Item3/7/14 11:48 AM
Apostle B  Find all comments by Apostle B
And this is one reason why there are tens of thousands of so-called denominations/sects/churches/groups/whatever.

And I don't think anyone addressed my question:

How does someone in the U.S. keep a 7th day sabbath and how does he know when to do it?

I suppose, however, based on silly "logic," that folks can just make up the time according to their own will and can make up some do's and don't's according to their own will as well.

R. K. Borill wrote:
MG from the Land Down Under writes:
And, by the way, where does He ever say it's moved to Sunday?

R. K. response,
It must be deduced by good and necessary consequence. For example, the Bible does not say "Thou shalt not gamble" but we deduce that it is wrong by good and necessary consequence from the Scriptures. That's logic my friend from the Land down under.

42

News Item3/6/14 7:46 PM
Shane | socal  Contact via emailFind all comments by Shane
God bless you sister. I enjoy our interaction. I really feel we have a great group of humble sisters who sincerely desire the Lord's will on this site. What a joy.
41
There are a total of 60 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last
Last PostTotal
Shooter Kills TV News Crew on Live TV
rodney k. from tennessee: "the last funeral i attended was for a couple who had..."
-52 min 27 
Yes, Hillary Clinton Really Compared Pro-Life Candidates to...
wayfairer pilgrim from lubbock,tx: "jamie from iowa , i think your point is..."
-2 hrs 
Why are evangelicals supporting Trump?
amanda from ny: "god has final say in all. he will use the good and bad to fulfill..."
-4 hrs 31 


Bill Parker
Parable of the Soils

Parable of the Soils
TV Broadcast
Eager Avenue Grace Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS

Messiah Baptized
Pastor Joseph LoSardo

Shawn Reynolds
4 Marks of Grace In The Soul

Grace Particular Baptist
Sunday Service
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Kevin Swanson
Examining Donald Trump

Moral and Economic Failures
Generations Radio
Play! | MP3

Rev. John S. Mahon
Pt 1: A Divine Covenant

SA Marriage 2015
Grace Community...
Play! | MP3

Sermon: Republican Debate Most Watched
Kevin Swanson

SPONSOR | 2,200+

SPONSOR




                   
Learn to hold loosely all that is not eternal. ... A. M. Royden

Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile
Apple Watch
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI Sites
Domain Redirect
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Support Us | Testimonials