members, click to sign in..

4,128 active users!!Bandwidth
TUESDAY
JUL 29, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -57 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  7/29/2014
SUNDAY, FEB 2, 2014  |  43 comments
Beings Not Made for Space
In space, heads swell.

A typical human being is about 60 percent water, and in the free fall of space, the body’s fluids float upward, into the chest and the head. Legs atrophy, faces puff, and pressure inside the skull rises.

“Your head actually feels bloated,” said Mark E. Kelly, a retired NASA astronaut who flew on four space shuttle missions. “It kind of feels like you would feel if you hung upside down for a couple of minutes.”

The human body did not evolve to live in space. And how that alien environment changes the body is not a simple problem, nor is it easily solved. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.nytimes.com

Was Darwin Right? Part 2
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Genesis: Reclaiming Culture • Ken Ham | 5/22/2003
•  Was Darwin Right? Part 2Dr. Terry Mortenson | 1/16/2009
•  Answers Academy: Big BangJason Lisle | 6/1/2005
•  Six Creation Days: Rejected • Ken Ham | 11/27/2009

   07/26/14  |  Creationist Scientist Sues University for Terminating Him • 2 comments
   07/23/14  |  Ken Ham Slams NASA Search for Extraterrestrial Life • 3 comments
   07/20/14  |  Suddenly, the sun is eerily quiet: Where did the sunspots go? • 3 comments
   06/23/14  |  Creation Ministries Promise to Expose Evolution's 'Fatal... • 8 comments
   06/20/14  |  Teaching creationism now banned in all UK public schools • 13 comments
MORE RELATED ( CREATION ) NEWS | MORE..
   07/28/14  |  Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis... • 2 comments
   07/25/14  |  Here's what Wisconsin looks like covered in millions of flies • 13 comments
   07/25/14  |  New Law Led to Statewide Drop in Abortions • 1 comments
   07/23/14  |  Obamacare Takes Devastating Blow as Appeals Court Throws Out Key... • 14 comments
   07/22/14  |  Christian Holocaust Underway in Iraq • 21 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 43 user comment(s)
News Item2/4/14 11:46 AM
Ugh  Find all comments by Ugh
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Now, if you ask SteveR, he has a completely different take on it. Thanks for asking.
Funny that the guy has the wrong take on everything!
43

News Item2/4/14 11:19 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
TeenChristian wrote:
Thanks Christopher, you have NO idea how much that helps.
Unprofitable servant; OK I've always had this question rattling around in my head but, what's the story behind your name? I don't mean to be offensive it just sounds a little pessimistic. (Thanks for the verses I'll study this in depth)
Luke 17:10 (KJV) "So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do."

Unprofitable servant was the tag for those who had done all those things which were commanded, so I am really not up to that level, but God is still working and He that began a good work will complete it for His glory!!

Now, if you ask SteveR, he has a completely different take on it. Thanks for asking.

42

News Item2/4/14 10:30 AM
TeenChristian | Georgia  Find all comments by TeenChristian
Thanks Christopher, you have NO idea how much that helps.
Unprofitable servant; OK I've always had this question rattling around in my head but, what's the story behind your name? I don't mean to be offensive it just sounds a little pessimistic. (Thanks for the verses I'll study this in depth)
41

News Item2/4/14 10:17 AM
B.Right  Find all comments by B.Right
B.Rith wrote:
..That means I'm winning the battle. Praise be to God.
And finally, we have from the horse's mouth what his posts are all about - him winning some imagined battle with other believers!
40

News Item2/4/14 10:10 AM
B.Rith  Find all comments by B.Rith
Well Well Well I see the opposition are trying to use my moniker. That means I'm winning the battle. Praise be to God.

Incidentally the post 2/4/14 4:39AM was not mine, whatever it said. I've only just now come on to site. Thankyou Moderator Alpha for your quick action to remove Satan's deceiving work.

________________

btw This article makes an interesting point, obviously God did not make man for excursions beyond this planet.

Another scientific fact to rebuke the evolutionists with. Not that they will hear.

39

News Item2/4/14 9:45 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
TeenChristian wrote:
... My Dad says that Paul called it a hope, not knowledge...
To Teen Christian

I hesitate to advise you to not listen to your dad. So, I would challenge you both to consider verses that were already noted and Philippians 1:6, II Timothy 1:12 and John 10:27-29. In fact the entire book of I John has that theme.

Our faith is not a blind leap, it has a sure foundation that has been laid in the Lord Jesus Christ and His atoning sacrifice. Our hope is that what God said He has and will perform, so it still remains the hope that leads to keeping ourselves pure as He is pure.

Salvation is definitely something can be known. It would be impossible to make our calling and election sure if we could not have assurance of our salvation.

Hope this helps, God bless

1 John 5:13 (KJV)

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

38

News Item2/4/14 8:13 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Lastly, I know how dark lustful thoughts can make us feel as Christians, and whether it's lust or any other mental battle, I have been there with the same feelings of disgust, unworthiness, dirtiness, etc, etc. I used to beat myself up all day, every day and still do at times. I also questioned my salvation daily, feeling as though I would lose it every time I sinned, etc, feeling like I had to start all over each time. I don't do this to myself so much anymore because I was allowing the dark side to influence my logic, realized it, and put it to an end. Now, when I sin...which is often, I catch it, stop it, ask forgiveness, and try real hard not to repeat it. When I do repeat something over and over, I no longer get so down on myself because I am a fallen human, but the difference is: The sin bothers me, I try real hard not to do whatever again, all Christians sin daily, and Christ died for that sin.

As for being called "dude". I am young enough and open enough that I couldn't care less...doesn't bother me a bit. Et me add though that many here are mature enough to be your great grand parents, so they may not feel as I do. ; )

37

News Item2/4/14 7:44 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
...The mere fact that it bothers you so much and that you battle against it daily is what sets you apart and gives you the assurance of your salvation...you're trying to follow Him with obedience and zeal.
Anyway, all we can do is try but we fail daily, in one way or another, no matter how hard we try so try not to get so down on yourself when you do because you're not alone by any mens. Every one of us have our daily battles and I would say that any persons thought life is the biggest issue in their life that they deal with daily. You recognize it, battle with it, and try to overcome, which sets you apart from many who feel they have achieved holiness and are now qualified to judge others; never noticing the plank in their own eye.
Take care now "dude" : )
36

News Item2/4/14 7:36 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Thanks Teen C, and certainly nooooo need to apologise for anything. I just wasn't sure if I said anything to offend because I can be fairly straight to the point at times. I understand. My thought life is my main battle these days. Whether it's judging others, wanting to punch someone for whatever, or planning out how I can verbally hurt someone who offended me, I get it. Lust used to be a huge problem but it's one of the things I was delivered from which is probably the one that makes you feel dirty and disgusting. Your testosterone is running high, but even without the high levels, lust, to some degree, is a lifelong battle. Whenever you get so down on yourself because of this or that thought, try to keep in mind that no matter how holy and upright a person may seem, they have the very same daily battles that you have. Pastor, missionary, lay person, girl or boy...doesn't matter...you only see the outside. I have a feeling that if we could hear the thoughts of many, we would feel much better about ourselves. We all battle...every one of us, but the trick is to stop the thoughts in their tracks and change the mental subject; vision. Maybe another one hits 5min later but we stop it and move on. We're all guilty, every one of us, and battle daily. The mere fact that
35

News Item2/4/14 4:39 AM
B.Rith  Find all comments by B.Rith
[Removed by Moderator Alpha]
34

News Item2/4/14 4:10 AM
TeenChristian | Georgia  Find all comments by TeenChristian
Christopher; hey dude (I hope calling you dude doesn't offends you) just dropping a note to say I answered your question, just scroll down.
33

News Item2/3/14 9:24 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Mike wrote:
I've been called heretic by others a number of times because I don't walk blindly thru the tulip patch. Admittedly not on this thread.
As to your questions, to GS using the term blasphemy in regard to Lewis, you responded:
"Well brother, our only responsibility is to warn people of heretics and we have done that. Now it is between them and the Lord"
If I'm mistaking the implication that "blasphemy" and "heretic" can still apply to one who is in the faith, please accept my apologies. But you are correct, I shouldn't have used the term "everything." It was an uncalled for exaggeration.
Well Mike here is what I will say. GS gave "reasons" why he thought that CS Lewis was not in the faith and I agreed with him. And I gave "reasons" why I felt that Ravi was not in the faith.

I have never said that a genuine Christian cannot say something heretical or blasphemous.I do that all the time. But, there is a limit to this and I think you would agree. If you disagree with GS's or my conclusions regarding these individuals, why not address the issues we raised?

32

News Item2/3/14 8:29 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Frank wrote:
Now Mike, that is not like you to set up strawman arguments?? Who said or even remotely implied that Ravi or CS Lewis had to believe everything GS or I believe in order for them to be in the faith? Who on this thread defined a heretic in that way?
I've been called heretic by others a number of times because I don't walk blindly thru the tulip patch. Admittedly not on this thread.

As to your questions, to GS using the term blasphemy in regard to Lewis, you responded:

"Well brother, our only responsibility is to warn people of heretics and we have done that. Now it is between them and the Lord"

If I'm mistaking the implication that "blasphemy" and "heretic" can still apply to one who is in the faith, please accept my apologies. But you are correct, I shouldn't have used the term "everything." It was an uncalled for exaggeration.

31

News Item2/3/14 7:59 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Mike wrote:
Amen, DJC. Means are indeed used. When I find a perfect theologian, I'll be wondering by what standards I should measure him by to determine his fitness. One claims scripture says one thing and another claims something else. To say someone is a heretic because he doesn't believe everything I do (which is what the application of "heretic" amounts to) doesn't even make sense.
Now Mike, that is not like you to set up strawman arguments?? Who said or even remotely implied that Ravi or CS Lewis had to believe everything GS or I believe in order for them to be in the faith? Who on this thread defined a heretic in that way?
30

News Item2/3/14 7:22 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
DJC49 wrote:
I concur, TC.
C.S. Lewis's works tilled the soil of my mind and heart ... yet it was later on that The Gospel (and its power) worked within me unto salvation.
God uses "means" ... sometimes strange to us ... to make us receptive to His Word.
I, for one, am not going to throw C.S. Lewis or Ravi Zacharias under the bus for the sake of doctrinal purity. For who among us has a PERFECT "systematic theology?" Not Calvin. Not Arminius. Not Augustine. Certainly NOT some preacher down the street.
We Christains have a NASTY habit of "circling the wagons" and firing our shots inward toward the center killing off each other while crying out "HERETIC!"
Meanwhile, the unsaved world LAUGHS at us!
We ALL need a whole lot more humility and take Romans 14 to heart!
Amen, DJC. Means are indeed used. When I find a perfect theologian, I'll be wondering by what standards I should measure him by to determine his fitness. One claims scripture says one thing and another claims something else. To say someone is a heretic because he doesn't believe everything I do (which is what the application of "heretic" amounts to) doesn't even make sense.
29

News Item2/3/14 7:10 PM
GsTexas  Find all comments by GsTexas
TeenChristian wrote:
I'm so sorry Christopher! I try to answer everybody, but my day is usually busy so sometimes I don't see the questions. Again I apologize.
I make mistakes on a regular daily basis. I'll be honest, my thought life is not as clean as it should be, and almost every day I have to confess my neglect of Christ (I get SO busy and I let my mind drift from Christ) That is why I don't know if I'm saved. I just feel SO dirty sometimes. Sometimes I read Hebrews 10:26 & wonder if mercy has run out for me.
My Dad on the other hand is the model of perfection. He does not make mistakes like me. However from Paul's epistles my Dad says Paul used the term "the HOPE (key word) of our salvation". My Dad says that Paul called it a hope, not knowledge. Also there's the problem of faith, my Dad says that if we KNEW were we saved it would negate faith. On the flip side my Dad says if you're living right, based on that you can have ASSURANCE that you're saved.
TC, read 1John 5:13, I dont presently have a bible to quote it, but John makes it clear we can indeed know we are saved. There are other verses, but im at work and cant look them up.

Frank, thanks for the kind words.

28

News Item2/3/14 6:20 PM
TeenChristian | Georgia  Find all comments by TeenChristian
I'm so sorry Christopher! I try to answer everybody, but my day is usually busy so sometimes I don't see the questions. Again I apologize.
I make mistakes on a regular daily basis. I'll be honest, my thought life is not as clean as it should be, and almost every day I have to confess my neglect of Christ (I get SO busy and I let my mind drift from Christ) That is why I don't know if I'm saved. I just feel SO dirty sometimes. Sometimes I read Hebrews 10:26 & wonder if mercy has run out for me.
My Dad on the other hand is the model of perfection. He does not make mistakes like me. However from Paul's epistles my Dad says Paul used the term "the HOPE (key word) of our salvation". My Dad says that Paul called it a hope, not knowledge. Also there's the problem of faith, my Dad says that if we KNEW were we saved it would negate faith. On the flip side my Dad says if you're living right, based on that you can have ASSURANCE that you're saved.
27

News Item2/3/14 6:08 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
GsTexas wrote:
There's no such thing as a good pagan, nor does Buddhism have anything in common with Christianity. Did you read the other quotes? He said Christ fulfils paganism! That's blasphemy no matter how you look at it. In another quote he says that when pagans are praying to false gods, they are actually praying to God, and hears and accepts these prayers. That's rubbish plain and simple. He even goes on to say that some people who don't know Christ are saved. Surely you don't agree with this?
Proverbs 15:29 "The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayers of the righteous."
Well brother, our only responsibility is to warn people of heretics and we have done that. Now it is between them and the Lord.

Anyway, I enjoyed your comments. I didn't know much of what you said regarding C.S. Lewis and it was very interesting. I do remember him saying someone doesn't have to be in Christ to be saved and I understand he believed in some type of theistic evolution, similar to what most in the RCC do.

I wonder where those who still follow Ravi or Lewis draw their lines. On second thought, I don't want to know.

26

News Item2/3/14 4:30 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Hi Teen C, I know you don't usually respond to my comments and hopefully you never misunderstood something I've said to you, or otherwise.
Anyway, I hope you don't take offense to a curiosity of mine:
I know its difficult to hear negative things about people we have respected for so long; people who have played a role in our rising walk with Christ, etc. I remember how stunned I was when people spoke out against Billy Grahm, buy always trying to keep an open mind, no matter what, I listened and did my own research. Anyway, no matter how much we may like any particular theologian, commentator, or whatever, we have to wonder if they have misled us in any way, even though some good may have come from their writings. Once we are aware that they hold onto and teach certain theologies that don't jive with scripture, we have to take a good hard look within to identify any damage they may have done; damage we may be overlooking and grasping onto simply because it's what they taught and it sounded good, or we just didn't know better until someone else exposed the error. Anyway, this is a long way of getting to this question: Both you and your father cannot say for certain, according to you, whether or not you're saved. Can you explain, in detail, why? Thanks.
25

News Item2/3/14 2:23 PM
TeenChristian | Georgia  Find all comments by TeenChristian
Thanks DJ, you totally nailed it brother!
24
There are a total of 43 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last
Last PostTotal
'Thought Police' Target NFL Super Bowl-Winning Coach for...
unprofitable servant from georgia: " s c wise application of scripture is always..."
-56 min 11 
Miami Judge Promotes Gay Agenda, Strikes Down Same-Sex...
pennned: "mr sutherland and lady virtue, well said. it bothers me too, they..."
-2 hrs 
U.S. doctor contracts Ebola in Liberia
jim lincoln from nebraska: "more details on the doctor who is working with..."
-3 hrs 


Christ Manifesting Himself

Getting On The Road!
Andrew Quigley

Ken Jones
Our Sanctuary

Glendale Missionary Baptist
Sunday - AM
Play! | MP3

Scott T. Brown
How is God Hurting You

Isaiah
Hope Baptist Church
Play! | MP3

Pastor Alfred J. Chompff
Vipers Seek For a Sign

Reformed Bible Church of S. CA
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

Blog 7/24/14
Vile and Full of Sin Am I, Thou Art Full...

New York Gospel Mission
som­et­imes i am amazed at the way things work out for...

Sponsor:
Hilarious Christian comedian for hire!

Past­ors hire Mutzie to perf­orm at your church and I guar­antee you'll have him ret­urn.
www.mutzie.com

Sermon: Silent Church In Sinful Nation
E. A. Johnston






                   
We fear men so much, because we fear God so little. ... William Gurnall

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV New!
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch New!
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.