members, click to sign in..

3,952 active users!!Bandwidth
FRIDAY
FEB 27, 2015
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -9 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  2/27/2015
WEDNESDAY, DEC 25, 2013  |  59 comments  |  1 commentary
Best News Ever: Christ is Born

Luke 2:1-14

And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. This census first took place while Quirinius was governing Syria. 3 So all went to be registered, everyone to his own city.

Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be registered with Mary, his betrothed wife, who was with child. So it was, that while they were there, the days were completed for her to be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and ...


|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Horus Ruins Christmas • 500+
Trevor Hammack | Victory Baptist Church
Play! | RSS

Who is Jesus Christ? Part 1
  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  The Gospel of Jesus Christ • Dr. Alan Cairns | 6/4/2000
•  Who is Jesus Christ? Part 1Dr. Steven J. Lawson | 6/13/2010
•  Christ's death relevant today?Dr. Alan Cairns | 4/6/2009
•  Why was Christ virgin born?Dr. Alan Cairns | 12/15/2008

   01/04/15  |  Anti-Christian activist: God raped Mary • 29 comments
   12/25/14  |  Best News Ever! • 151 comments
   12/24/14  |  Can you question the Virgin Birth and still be a Christian? • 10 comments
   12/23/14  |  Scholars who doubt Jesus’ existence follow standard conspiracy... • 5 comments
   12/12/14  |  Did Jesus Exist? Searching for Evidence Beyond the Bible • 3 comments
MORE RELATED ( JESUS CHRIST ) NEWS | MORE..
   02/18/15  |  Italy Fears ISIS Invasion From Libya • 11 comments
   02/18/15  |  Historical Christian Toy Shatters World Record • 9 comments
   02/16/15  |  ISIS video appears to show beheadings of Egyptian Coptic... • 5 comments
   02/15/15  |  Special Report: SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2015... • 4 comments
   02/13/15  |  America's Largest Christian Bookstore Chain Files for Bankruptcy • 103 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   02/15/15  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2015 Family Conference at... • 4 comments
   01/01/15  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 10 comments
   12/01/14  |  From Tyndale to Today: A New Study Bible • 34 comments
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 37 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   02/27/15  |  Obama to ban bullets by executive action • 1 comments
   02/27/15  |  School Quiz: Conservatives And Republicans Don’t Believe In... • 3 comments
   02/27/15  |  Soros, Ford Foundation shovel $196 million to 'net neutrality'... • 4 comments
   02/27/15  |  More U.S. children doing yoga, taking sleep supplements • 1 comments
   02/27/15  |  Wesleyan Now Offering LGBTTQQFAGPBDSM Housing • 3 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 59 user comment(s)
News Item12/31/13 11:46 PM
kevin | ft. worth  Find all comments by kevin
Best story I have read this year!
59

News Item12/26/13 4:11 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Covenant News wrote:
It remains historic fact that GOD used the Reformers to build His Church. Praise be to GOD.
Ahhh, something we can agree on, Praise be to God.

Do not disagree that God used the Reformers.

The truths you deny are that immersion of believers only was practiced from the Book of Acts on (not started in the 16th century) and that non-believers should are "baptized" by affussion (which is not baptism in the Biblical sense of the Word)

Thus I made the comment I did and why Mike is correct to say that the Reformers persecuted the true believers practicing what the Bible and HISTORY teaches, the Anabaptist, Waldensians, etc.

When you teach the opposite, you are falsifying facts, God is not a man that He should lie. When your belief system has such a shaky foundation one would wonder why you would adhere to it.

58

News Item12/26/13 3:54 PM
Covenant News  Find all comments by Covenant News
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
God is not in the business of falsifying historical fact to back His belief system.
Numbers 23:19
It remains historic fact that GOD used the Reformers to build His Church. Praise be to GOD.
57

News Item12/26/13 3:35 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Covenant News wrote:
Not according to GOD Mike.
God used the Reformers to build the real Church. Still does today too.
God is not in the business of falsifying historical fact to back His belief system.

Numbers 23:19

56

News Item12/26/13 3:18 PM
Covenant News  Find all comments by Covenant News
Mike wrote:
Again, so as not to reinforce the revision of history- The heretics were the ones who killed the Anabaptists.
Not according to GOD Mike.
God used the Reformers to build the real Church. Still does today too.
55

News Item12/26/13 2:52 PM
Josiah B  Find all comments by Josiah B
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Well, SteveR .... know he's Arminian and so probably are you? I thought you went to a Reformed Church?
SteveR is finding it increasingly difficult to maintain his extremely fragile 'reformed' veneer.

His devilish tactic is to choose whatever he finds convenient to attack true doctrine, the true church and true believers.

54

News Item12/26/13 2:29 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Well, SteveR, of course their souls are lost if Baptists, I didn't say "Christians," converted to Judaism it isn't as bad as going to the Romish Church, The New Catholic Evangelization. It's infinitely better to make a Pilgrimage From Rome to Christianity.

SteveR, I'm glad you quoted Michael H., he made an excellent comment, I know he's Arminian and so probably are you? I thought you went to a Reformed Church? even four point Calvininists, q.v., Amyraldism (Four point Calvinism), believe in perseverance of the saints. If a person is an actual Christian he will persevere in his beliefs, and not join an anti-Christian religion. Calvinism & Arminanism Contrasted.

Ah, I might as well point out What to Look for in a Church, since I see this came up on this thread.

53

News Item12/26/13 1:57 PM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Michael Hranek wrote:
SteveR
Is the word disingenuous?
A genuinely saved and Holy Spirit filled RCC priest won't be a RCC priest no more as in obedience to Christ and His word, he would leave the Great Harlot and renounce her false gospel, her Pope, her impersonation of Mary, the rosary, the Mass, her Catechism (which of course claims Catholics and Muslims adore the same god)
And such a one could indeed make for a wonderful pastor (if called) who watches over those entrusted to him, by the Great Shepherd.

From Catholicism to Christ: Salvation Testimony By A Former Roman Catholic Priest
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=41005145148
So? Here is Baptist that went the other way

"Once a Southern Baptist pastor, Michael Cumbie converted to Catholicism in 2001 and has since been traveling far from his hometown near Pensacola "

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/1978742/posts

btw: went I punched this in the google, I found it interesting that Baptist ministers tend to convert to Judaism

52

News Item12/26/13 1:18 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
SteveR wrote:
Like I said before. I would rather have a saved RCC Priest watching over me and my family, than a wicked Protestant Pastor
SteveR
Is the word disingenuous?
A genuinely saved and Holy Spirit filled RCC priest won't be a RCC priest no more as in obedience to Christ and His word, he would leave the Great Harlot and renounce her false gospel, her Pope, her impersonation of Mary, the rosary, the Mass, her Catechism (which of course claims Catholics and Muslims adore the same god)

And such a one could indeed make for a wonderful pastor (if called) who watches over those entrusted to him, by the Great Shepherd.


From Catholicism to Christ: Salvation Testimony By A Former Roman Catholic Priest
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=41005145148

51

News Item12/26/13 1:10 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
By the way, before I lived in Vegas, while I was in Vegas, and long after I left Vegas, I was far from saved. The darkness in my life continued for a long, long time.
50

News Item12/26/13 12:34 PM
Josiah B  Find all comments by Josiah B
SteveR wrote:
While I have found the Reformed Church has the purest understanding of the Gospel, I understand your concern. There are some bad Pastors in ALL denominations, and fine ones in ALL denominations. I feel VERY BLESSED that the LORD has given my family a SPIRIT filled Pastor to watch over my congregation.
Like I said before. I would rather have a saved RCC Priest watching over me and my family, than a wicked Protestant Pastor
Ever known a saved RCC Priest?

Where fiction becomes reality - in SteveR's head.

49

News Item12/26/13 12:25 PM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
get real wrote:
its like what are you offering, out of the frying pan into the fire?
have you not went to many different churches after Catholicism and found them lacking? I HAVE
CAN YOU OFFER HIM A CHURCH NOT FULL OF ERROR AND HYPOCRISY IN EXCHANGE?
While I have found the Reformed Church has the purest understanding of the Gospel, I understand your concern. There are some bad Pastors in ALL denominations, and fine ones in ALL denominations. I feel VERY BLESSED that the LORD has given my family a SPIRIT filled Pastor to watch over my congregation.

Like I said before. I would rather have a saved RCC Priest watching over me and my family, than a wicked Protestant Pastor

48

News Item12/26/13 11:23 AM
GsTexas | Texas  Find all comments by GsTexas
Get real, I see your point, and agree that most every denomination has erred from the faith. However since Catholicism is totally contrary to Scripture, and teaches salvation by works, it is full of a billion people trusting in their works for salvation. Therefore it can't Biblically even be called a church, let alone another denomination of Christianity, since a church is not a building, but a body of believers (Christians). At least in Protestant churches, they still preach salvation by faith alone, though some seem to be throwing works in the midst
There needs to equal focus on preaching against Catholicism, and making a change in our own churches.
47

News Item12/26/13 11:21 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Seems like somebody forgot to remind the Catholics that Mary as Co-redemptrix wasn't part of their doctrine
Unprofitable Servant
IMHO RC propagandists don't mind in the least confusion of the place of the RC Mary in their false religion/theology

where they do indeed refer to their "lady", the queen of heaven as the Co-Mediatrix of all Graces (not the real Mary of the Bible at all, which would be a lengthly investigation)

and of course Scripture tells of one Mediator, perfect and completely sufficient by Himself alone, not one along with a co-mediator of any sort, imagination or blasphemous invention

46

News Item12/26/13 11:07 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
SteveR wrote:
My earlier comment was on get reals abuse of Scripture, not support for RCC dogma on Mary. btw: Mary has co-redeemer is not offical RCC doctrine(at least not yet)
Seems like somebody forgot to remind the Catholics that Mary as Co-redemptrix wasn't part of their doctrine

http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/mary-mother-of-salvation

http://www.catholic-forum.com/members/catholictracts/tract76.html

http://www.fifthmariandogma.com/articles/are-you-afraid-of-mary-co-redemptrix/

Full Definition of CO-REDEMPTRIX
: a female sharer in the redemption of the human race (as the Virgin Mary among some Roman Catholics)

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/co-redemptrix

unless that is not what you are saying, will confess my ignorance of RCC terminology

45

News Item12/26/13 11:03 AM
pennered  Find all comments by pennered
get real, you have raised an excellent question. beating down RCC while the tents of Sodom surround our churches....

slamming catholics isn't going to deal with what's at the doorstep.

judgment starts with the household of God.

we won't tend to our own gardens.

wurmbrand spoke in his books of the orthodox losing their trinkets in the prisons and growing in their relationship with God, but his efforts were to deal with the direct issue at hand, the communist take over of his country, he stood at the meeting and spoke of Christ being the head of the Church, not marx's mercenaries.

if a church is teaching that revelations is about pretrib rapture or RCC, they are not counting the cost. I'm the first to share the gospel with someone who's catholic, that's not the point.... its the closing up of the book of revelations for this generation. so you kick out RCC, you've got a million other antichrist philosophies to deal with, its been 400 years, time to deal with the secular humanist church that runs our day, instead of being chummy with it.

even satan knows how to quote scripture.

44

News Item12/26/13 10:29 AM
Josiah B  Find all comments by Josiah B
SteveR wrote:
As you know from the other thread even simple bias can tip the scales, like moving to sin filled Vegas for a good job @Caesars Palace & $2 buffets. Next time someone asks about why 'just' Lot pitched his tent towards Sodom, I might offer the speculation about jobs, food and shows.
Steve worries about pitching one's tent towards Sodom, but he'll gladly encourage one to not only pitch one's tent towards the hellish anti-church Rome but would that people go further and go be a member of the whore. Just demonstrates that the Semi-Catholic Presbys will one day return to fold of the Mother church.
43

News Item12/26/13 10:21 AM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Christopher000 wrote:
Facts are facts and it's never my intention to tip the scales in either direction.
As you know from the other thread even simple bias can tip the scales, like moving to sin filled Vegas for a good job @Caesars Palace & $2 buffets. Next time someone asks about why 'just' Lot pitched his tent towards Sodom, I might offer the speculation about jobs, food and shows.
42

News Item12/26/13 10:07 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Steve Wrote:
btw: Mary has co-redeemer is not offical RCC doctrine(at least not yet).

Thanks Steve, and right about the above. Believed and taught unofficially, but not official dogma as of yet because, well, I believe it's because it would cause ecumenical discord.
Facts are facts and it's never my intention to tip the scales in either direction.

41

News Item12/26/13 9:54 AM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Christopher000 wrote:
The fact that the Roman system accepts Christ as the Son of God is meaningless when most of their doctrines, fatal doctrines, are diametrically opposed to the instruction manual that the Son they claim to believe in and worship left for us.
Let me concentrate on one of many; Mary. According to Rome, Mary is the Queen of Heaven; the mother of God which is very misleading. Salvation is not possible without Mary. Mary, alongside Christ, co-redeemed mankind because she wept at the foot of the cross. Mary, the mediatrix, mediates for mankind and Christ cannot deny her pleas. She also bestows graces on whom she will from her overflowing treasury of merit. Mary, on her road to diefication was sinless, assumed bodily Into heaven, gave birth without injury, emptied Purgatory, remained ever-virgin, and all of her apparitions call the world unto herself.
Who needs God or Christ when there's Mary?
My earlier comment was on get reals abuse of Scripture, not support for RCC dogma on Mary. btw: Mary has co-redeemer is not offical RCC doctrine(at least not yet)
40
There are a total of 59 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last
Last PostTotal
School Quiz: Conservatives And Republicans Don’t Believe In...
g. farquar from uk: " jim lincoln american students have to stop being..."
-6 min 
Wesleyan Now Offering LGBTTQQFAGPBDSM Housing
g. farquar from uk: "quote from article; '“the goals of open house include..."
-23 min 
WA Florist: 'I Will Not Be Like Judas, Betray Jesus for Money'
john yurich usa from usa: " john for jesus john yurich... sometimes people talk...."
-2 hrs 39 



How Much More
Bill Parker

E. A. Johnston
Lost Generation

Evangelism Awakening
Teaching
Transcript!Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Five Tests Of Refiner's Fire

Evangelism Awakening
Sunday - PM
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Robert Rubino
Jesus is Worse Than Moses!

Christonomy
Fellowship Baptist Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Blog 2/22/15
Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief!

New York Gospel Mission
there are times in the chr­ist­ian life where things...

Sponsor:
Islamic State = Real Islam, Click Here

See Why ISIS Foll­ows the Qur'an & Muh­amm­ad, Where So-C­alled "Mod­er­ate" Musl­ims Do Not
www.puritandownloads.com/is..

Sponsor:
Biblical Studies Scholarship Online

NCTS off­er­ing full or subs­id­ized Sch­ol­arsh­ips for DMin. ThD, Mast­ers and Bach­el­ors
https://www.nctsmn.org/?deg..

Sermon:
The Cappuccino Church
E. A. Johnston

SPONSOR | 1,900+

SPONSOR





                   
Where reason cannot wade there faith may swim. ... Thomas Watson

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI Sites
Domain Redirect
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2015 SermonAudio.com.