members, click to sign in..

3,043 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
DEC 18, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -7 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
About | $1 Signup!
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  12/18/2014
TUESDAY, NOV 26, 2013  |  91 comments
CS Lewis honoured with Westminster Abbey memorial

A memorial stone for Christian author and apologist CS Lewis was unveiled in Westminster Abbey’s Poets’ Corner on Friday, to mark 50 years since he died.

The stone is inscribed with a quotation from Mr Lewis: “I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen. Not only because I see it but because by it I can see everything else.”

The former Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, paid tribute to CS Lewis during a special service.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christian.org.uk

   11/23/13  |  Commemorating the Life of C.S. Lewis • 19 comments
   10/30/13  |  50 Years Later, CS Lewis’ Legacy Shines in US, Not His Homeland • 149 comments
   06/27/13  |  NY Times: C. S. Lewis, Evangelical Rock Star • 31 comments
   01/01/10  |  'Narnia' drifts from its vision • 9 comments
   01/05/06  |  ‘Narnia’ helps postmoderns find God? • 5 comments
MORE RELATED ( C. S. LEWIS ) NEWS | MORE..
   12/13/14  |  US Dept of Education to Schools: Let Students Choose if They Are... • 9 comments
   12/13/14  |  Kentucky Withdraws $18 Million in Tax Breaks for Noah's Ark... • 5 comments
   12/13/14  |  Homeschool mom sues 6 social workers for snatching kids • 4 comments
   12/12/14  |  The Vanishing Male Worker • 27 comments
   12/12/14  |  Even Christians who 'convert' get beheaded • 16 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   12/01/14  |  From Tyndale to Today: A New Study Bible • 34 comments
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 37 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   12/18/14  |  China: Christians more public as Gospel spreads rapidly
   12/18/14  |  CO Governor Slams Homeschooling
   12/18/14  |  Islamic State selling church artefacts worth millions to western... • 1 comments
   12/18/14  |  LGBT activists attack prayer service
   12/18/14  |  Church of England Announces First Ever Woman Bishop • 1 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 91 user comment(s)
News Item12/30/13 7:22 AM
FG | USA  Find all comments by FG
Someone suggested listening to a defense of CS Lewis. I went ahead and took that advice. I found the defense weak and insulting to the inteligence of the average human being, to say nothing of the discerning Christian. Put the theology of a CS Lewis in the lap of CH Spurgeon or Jonathan Edwards and you would not have heard them say that he "says a lot of wrong things," but he would have been dismissed as a heretic. We have mastered the art of the understatement nowadays and understatement is no defense. By the way, if you're that anxious to consume C.S. Lewis and your local"Christian bookstore has run out of his material, you will most likely find iy at your local occult book store. They like him too.
91

News Item12/1/13 3:54 PM
Bob from Bobland  Find all comments by Bob from Bobland
Be careful in putting "Christian" leaders on a pedestal.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/12/01/the-c-s-lewis-you-never-knew/

90

News Item11/28/13 8:30 PM
GsTexas | Texas  Find all comments by GsTexas
Although I have a few things against CS Lewis, I see nothing wrong that quote, and find it to be an accurate observation.
89

News Item11/28/13 9:26 AM
Nfocsl  Find all comments by Nfocsl
I Agree with Dan USA.
88

News Item11/28/13 5:13 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
DanUSA wrote:
“I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen. Not only because I see it but because by it I can see everything else.” Which Christianity this false prophet CS Lewis believes in?
There is no reason why a Christian should not come out with such a saying. If you think about it long enough, it contains a lot of good doctrine.
87

News Item11/27/13 8:23 PM
DanUSA | u  Find all comments by DanUSA
“I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen. Not only because I see it but because by it I can see everything else.” Which Christianity this false prophet CS Lewis believes in? Is it The unrepentant Bloody murderous Roman Catholic institution? Who can masquerade into an angel of light?
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:13-14
86

News Item11/27/13 8:08 PM
penny  Find all comments by penny
"Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) "

Hebrews 3 -- if we do not enter into salvation "today", then we shall not enter into our rest.

for today is the day of salvation.

85

News Item11/27/13 7:18 PM
Pent Up | Coastal  Find all comments by Pent Up
I don't have pentecostal relatives, but if I did, they would all be Christians because they attend a church that believes in the trinity.
84

News Item11/27/13 6:33 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Frank wrote:
Sid Roth has a show on TBN that is called "it's supernatural".
He is a charismatic to say the least.
I have a Nephew and Niece In-Law who reside in Tulare, California and they and their children are Pentecostals who attend First Church of God of Tulare, California. They are wonderful Christians who are dedicated to the Lord Jesus.
83

News Item11/27/13 6:16 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John UK wrote:
Aha! I see. I've never really seen any of these tellyvangelists like what you have in the states. But I guess he would be like Benny Hinn, Oral Roberts, Peale, Morris Cerullo, Kenneth Copeland, Rodney Howard Brown, Shuller, Yonggi Cho, and a host of others. I've come across all of these because of their clever dicky media machine, books, DVD's etc. It took a while, but I gradually learnt of severe errors they all promote, and I sometimes witnessed the severe consequences to my friends of following their teaching - very sad.
I agree fully brother. I do want to comment on something you have said or alluded to several times recently about Christians being worried about or afraid to say what they really think about things. That is a very true and wise statement. I always remember when Christ asked Peter what folks were saying about Him, but then He asked Peter, "but who do you say that I am"? I believe He is asking that same question of all those who claim His name. And, He already knows what we think anyway, so why not simply tell the truth; to lie is silly.

Sorry for the rambling.

82

News Item11/27/13 5:32 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Frank wrote:
Amen brother! Sid Roth has a show on TBN that is called "it's supernatural".
He is a charismatic to say the least.
Aha! I see. I've never really seen any of these tellyvangelists like what you have in the states. But I guess he would be like Benny Hinn, Oral Roberts, Peale, Morris Cerullo, Kenneth Copeland, Rodney Howard Brown, Shuller, Yonggi Cho, and a host of others. I've come across all of these because of their clever dicky media machine, books, DVD's etc. It took a while, but I gradually learnt of severe errors they all promote, and I sometimes witnessed the severe consequences to my friends of following their teaching - very sad.
81

News Item11/27/13 5:11 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John UK wrote:
All interesting points Frank, my fellow pilgrim and stranger upon the earth. But then you're an interesting fellow, who retains his independence despite the thought police within christendom. If I knew anything about the seventh day, Lord's day or sabbath, I would reply, but I don't so I won't.
Is Sid Roth a preacher? An angry man?
Amen brother! Sid Roth has a show on TBN that is called "it's supernatural".
He is a charismatic to say the least.
80

News Item11/27/13 4:34 PM
mourner  Find all comments by mourner
US, I'm not going to be able to do justice to your question related to space as I was waiting my turn on the computer I researched and wrote something but the space is too small. Consider Gen.4:3-7 Matthew Poole gives the best possible translations from the Hebrew and believes v.3 speaks as a reference to Gen. 2:1-3 I quoted earlier. Abel offered to God an acceptable sacrifice Heb.11:4
"Sabbath means a 7th part of our time that God claims as his own. It is not a mere cessation of bodily labor but comprehends the whole work of sanctifying it; nor is it strictly speaking any part of the positive service of it; for by this we are not distinguished from the brute creation. This is however required." This I found among my papers with out an author's name. There is much of interest but there is no space.

Dorcas was wise to stop early. Works of necessity and mercy are not forbidden on the Sabbath, but consistent with the Lord's teaching are part of keeping it holy.

1517 When I quoted Luke 16:15 I was merely stating what 'nameless' quoted chap and verse. I stated earlier that Romans 14 refers to the shift from Jewish holy days instituted by God in the Scripture, to the Christian Sabbath. Man cannot worship God according to his own invention, we are never at liberty there.

79

News Item11/27/13 4:06 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Frank wrote:
Hey Pilgrim! He is a strange fellow that is for sure. He is a big fan of Sid Roth and once told me about an event where the Holy Spirit entered him through his chest cavity.
Needless to say, we don't communicate much about spiritual matters.
But, to the point! Every day is a Sabbath day for me and for all God's children. There is no day that I esteem above another.
All interesting points Frank, my fellow pilgrim and stranger upon the earth. But then you're an interesting fellow, who retains his independence despite the thought police within christendom. If I knew anything about the seventh day, Lord's day or sabbath, I would reply, but I don't so I won't.

Is Sid Roth a preacher? An angry man?

78

News Item11/27/13 3:58 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John UK wrote:
Perhaps he thought you meant the baseball ground and wanted you arrested for breaking the sabbath, Frank.
Hey Pilgrim! He is a strange fellow that is for sure. He is a big fan of Sid Roth and once told me about an event where the Holy Spirit entered him through his chest cavity.

Needless to say, we don't communicate much about spiritual matters.

But, to the point! Every day is a Sabbath day for me and for all God's children. There is no day that I esteem above another.

77

News Item11/27/13 3:44 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Frank wrote:
I then asked him if he saw me on the ground on Sunday, would he call 911 for me. He said yes.
Perhaps he thought you meant the baseball ground and wanted you arrested for breaking the sabbath, Frank.
76

News Item11/27/13 3:38 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Hey Frank, hope you and yours have a happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas. I did for a time stop saying God Bless you when people sneezed because I didn't believe the soul left the body and was afraid it would be snatched by some evil spirit or Satan. I then gave it some thought and realized what you said, the vast majority of people would NOT associate it with that thinking. So, am glad to wish God would bless people. Same with Christmas, most people don't do the association with the Catholic mass even though it is in the name, so with 1517 would wish people Merry Christmas, and no that is not dictating what type of day they would have anymore than wishing some one good day means they must have a good day.
to mourner, where do you see sabbath observance after creation before exodus?
The same to you brother. Your posts have been a great blessing to me and others I am sure. Recently I became concerned about my neighbor because he didn't respond to an email and a phone call. When I finally saw him, he said that he didn't do those things on Sunday because he wanted to keep the Sabbath completely holy. I then asked him if he saw me on the ground on Sunday, would he call 911 for me. He said yes.
75

News Item11/27/13 3:13 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Melcorn wrote:
Are you sure Mike? Apparently your illustrious government department "Library of Congress" suggests otherwise.
"Spaniards celebrated Thanksgiving in Texas in 1541
"The Thanksgiving Timeline compiled by the Library of Congress says the first Thanksgiving in what now is the U.S. took place in May of 1541 at Palo Duro Canyon in the Texas panhandle. Some 1,500 men led by Spanish explorer Francisco Vasquez de Coronado participated in a Thanksgiving celebration after marching north from Mexico City in search of gold.
Following the timeline, we find that the Thanksgiving celebrated by the Pilgrims actually was No. 5 on the list of early Thanksgivings. After Texas, Thanksgiving celebrations or services were held in what now is Florida in 1564, in Maine in 1607 and in Virginia in 1610. The Pilgrim celebration came in 1621."
Thanksgiving
Does this mean America should celebrate Christmas too?
"in what is now the US"? I guess you'd first have to convince me there was an America in 1541. Or a Texas for that matter. Or a Maine in 1607. And then stretch these "thanksgivings" beyond recognition to make some obscure RC connection. Been listening to Jim?
74

News Item11/27/13 2:36 PM
Melcorn  Find all comments by Melcorn
Mike wrote:
No
Are you sure Mike? Apparently your illustrious government department "Library of Congress" suggests otherwise.

"Spaniards celebrated Thanksgiving in Texas in 1541
"The Thanksgiving Timeline compiled by the Library of Congress says the first Thanksgiving in what now is the U.S. took place in May of 1541 at Palo Duro Canyon in the Texas panhandle. Some 1,500 men led by Spanish explorer Francisco Vasquez de Coronado participated in a Thanksgiving celebration after marching north from Mexico City in search of gold.

Following the timeline, we find that the Thanksgiving celebrated by the Pilgrims actually was No. 5 on the list of early Thanksgivings. After Texas, Thanksgiving celebrations or services were held in what now is Florida in 1564, in Maine in 1607 and in Virginia in 1610. The Pilgrim celebration came in 1621."

Thanksgiving

Does this mean America should celebrate Christmas too?

73

News Item11/27/13 2:31 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
mourner wrote:
Genesis 2:Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
Compare Heb. 4
Christ is Lord of the Sabbath. It is to remind us of Him John 1:1-4 and under his Headship to bring us safely to our final and eternal rest in Him for our all in all.
ahh, you didn't answer my question. Hebrews 4 is a future tense statement and the verses you quoted are FROM the creation. Not trying to be nit picky here. Maybe I was not clear. From creation until after the children of Israel left Egypt, can you show (seeing you are asserting that it is a creation principle that applies to all God's people) where anyone, Job, Abraham, Isaac, Joseph, the children of Israel, kept the Sabbath? Our Lord operated under the Old Testament economy (Covenant) as we see Him advising the lepers to go do the proper sacrifice for cleansing. He is Lord of EVERY day of the week. But I stray from my question.
72
There are a total of 91 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 | last
Last PostTotal
CEO Archbishop: ‘There Is a Possibility That We Will Not Hold...
wow: "folks: the reason why i said 'god himself, via the 'dream', fore-warned me..."
-5 min 10 
Islamic State selling church artefacts worth millions to...
jim lincoln from nebraska: "this should come as no surprise considering,..."
-2 hrs 
Church of England Announces First Ever Woman Bishop
jim lincoln from nebraska: "one way to tell if a church is christian or not, you..."
-2 hrs 


Living Life in the Will of God

Loud Salvation
Arnold Brevick

Tim James
The World and Me

FreeGraceRadio.com
Sunday - AM
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Bob Vincent
Strange Dreams

Strange Events: Christ's Birth
Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
The Giver of Life

Gospel According to Luke
Shreveport Grace Church
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
NCFIC Christmas Super Sale

Three great deals in the NCFIC store. Free shipp­ing. Guar­ant­eed by Chr­istm­as!
www.ncfic.org

Sponsor: Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"
ow.ly/Ej50m

SPONSOR | 2,000+

SPONSOR





                   
If we would have God open His treasury, we must open ours. ... T. V. Moore

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream

INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.