members, click to sign in..

5,146 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
JUL 31, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -43 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  7/31/2014
SATURDAY, OCT 19, 2013  |  39 comments  |  1 commentary
John MacArthur Continues Case Against Charismatic Movement at 'Strange Fire'

Pastor John MacArthur continued to lay out his case against the Charismatic movement on Thursday, the second day of the Strange Fire conference hosted at his California church. However, a backlash of criticism, in full swing since the beginning of the event, included a stern statement from the Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, a Pentecostal minister and president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference.

MacArthur's punches thrown during the three-day conference included calling out mainline, Pentecostal-influenced pastors such as T.D. Jakes and Joel Osteen, and congregations that he says focus on "spirit-filled" services rather than Christ-centered doctrine.

"If the Charismatic movement was being produced by the Holy Spirit, the glory of Christ would prevail everywhere," said MacArthur during the morning session Thursday. "It would be Christ dominated and everyone in the movement would be ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianpost.com

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Confronting The Charismatics • 540+
Kevin Boling | Knowing The Truth Radio
Play! | RSS

Gift of tongues for today?
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Gift of tongues for today?Dr. Alan Cairns | 12/29/2008
•  Loving Scrutiny • Pastor John MacArthur | 12/21/2009
•  The Gift of Tongues • Jeff Anderson | 10/26/2003
•  Gift of Tongues for Today?Denis Lyle | 11/7/2006

   07/26/14  |  'Prophet' claims to send folks to heaven • 11 comments
   05/29/14  |  Months after snake-handling preacher's death, his son recovering... • 6 comments
   03/02/14  |  Pastor David Yonggi Cho convicted of embezzling $12m • 9 comments
   02/26/14  |  Kentucky Pastor Dies Handling Snakes; Son Continues to Handle • 6 comments
   01/21/14  |  Live Debate on Predestination January 24 • 99 comments
MORE RELATED ( CHARISMATIC ) NEWS | MORE..
   07/30/14  |  Obama: Muslims Built 'The Very Fabric of Our Nation' • 14 comments
   07/29/14  |  'Staggering' number of believers in China, Christian workers say • 3 comments
   07/29/14  |  'Thought Police' Target NFL Super Bowl-Winning Coach for... • 19 comments
   07/29/14  |  Son of Hamas Founder is a Christian Convert, Says Militants... • 5 comments
   07/28/14  |  U.S. doctor contracts Ebola in Liberia • 2 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   07/31/14  |  Homeland Security Agents Raid Home For Violation of EPA... • 3 comments
   07/31/14  |  University to Offer ‘Gender-Open’ Restrooms • 5 comments
   07/31/14  |  House churches in China report on rapid growth
   07/31/14  |  Discovery of Partially Fossilized Dinosaur Horn Prompts... • 1 comments
   07/31/14  |  Judges 'open door' to marriage of 3, 4 or 5 people • 2 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 39 user comment(s)
News Item10/20/13 11:24 PM
Dolores L | Texas  Find all comments by Dolores L
Thanks Anne, I understand what you are saying..more prayer and Blble Study to stay focused on truth and not worry about it but trust in God's leading.
39

News Item10/20/13 10:35 PM
Anne | The Wild West  Find all comments by Anne
Cont.
the Spirit of truth,... (to) guide you into all truth" (John 16:13).
38

News Item10/20/13 10:34 PM
Anne | The Wild West  Find all comments by Anne
Dolores L, "Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil." (Proverbs 3:3-7)

When we are bombarded with everyone's "truth", it becomes imperative that we pray our nights away, asking God for the wisdom from James1:5 that He promises to give us. While we humans might see in shades of gray there is no darkness in Him and all are absolutes - black and white. But our eyes must ALWAYS be pointed upward, looking into the One Thing that is never confused, distorted or brought down to anyone's level or personal experience. Then, and ONLY then, will we perceive clearly (albeit, dimly) what we desire in our hearts - purity from the filth and confusion. "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." (1 Corinthians 13:12). While we cannot know everything, we can trust Him who does and strive to know Him more deeply by studying His word and allowing "the Sp

37

News Item10/20/13 7:44 PM
Dolores L | Texas  Find all comments by Dolores L
I saw a movie a few nights ago about Joan of Arc because it would be a clean movie. It had spots of dirty scenes but mostly ok. The thing is she said God spoke to her and told her to go and save France which she did after seeing visions and instructions from God. Then the Catholic Church that she loved from childhood turned on her because the Priest decided she was speaking heresy..not from God and burned her at the stake because THEY judged her to be demon possessed even after all she said came to pass. I had to buy the book because of the movies adding stuff not true. Did this really happen the way I put it because I have 300 more pages to go..and this what's happening today. Our church have people leaving because of the pastor firing without explantion to the people. All hush, hush..the Pentacost been attacked as never before that I've seen in my lifetime..Gays coming out and are now harassing Christians..christians harrressing and condenming each other and the Church they belong to a lot of scoffing going on.Satan knows he has a short time and he's on the prowl.I'm even wondering what's with my new credit card having a chip in it..I'm so paranoid now that I'm thinking 666 will be next.
?.
36

News Item10/20/13 4:46 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Mike wrote:
Good examples, bro. But you forgot certain calvie types who say elect unbelievers are in Christ.
Now read ECM's post(1:29PM) to see an example of maligning people but with no examples of what it is they do that earned it. I feel pretty much confident ECM's theology differs from theirs, and that is actual reason for the name-calling.
1. Oh, did I miss them out, Mike? Yes the Calvie types who say elect unbelievers are in Christ are also up a nut tree without a brolly.

2. All I can say is, that I would never attend a charismatic conference with the intention of secretly promoting non-charismatic literature without the permission of the organiser (which I wouldn't get, obviously). If ECM meant that sort of thing, i.e. etiquette, then I would agree. That's a bit like attending a mass, and then telling the people in adjoining seats that it doesn't do any good. Right message, wrong place.

35

News Item10/20/13 4:21 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
John UK wrote:
Ah yes Mike, like finding something wrong with Presbyterian ministers who baptise babies outside a profession of faith or evidence of repentance?
Or the arminist minister who believes God punishes the same sin twice, once at Calvary and then in the unrepentant sinner who committed it?
______________
Good examples, bro. But you forgot certain calvie types who say elect unbelievers are in Christ.

Now read ECM's post(1:29PM) to see an example of maligning people but with no examples of what it is they do that earned it. I feel pretty much confident ECM's theology differs from theirs, and that is actual reason for the name-calling.

34

News Item10/20/13 3:54 PM
Dolores L | Texas  Find all comments by Dolores L
Chris, I don't care if Jim is a Free Mason or not because my brother-in-law was one until he died and even a Shriner and the did good works in Tuscaloosa, Al. We have a Shriners Hospital in Shreveport, La that treats children. I was only asking because Penny wanted to know and he never said "no" that's all..actually he is so perfect and goes to the right church that I was curious to see if he would admit to it..I told you that God moved me out of the penecostal church because of the works they depend on for salvation and I left. However, I cannot say they have strange fire or whatever the judges say on this forum..our pastor preached on this very topic today and made some sense but still I will not throw the baby out with the bath water.I had an experience with God in that Church that had nothing to do with salvation..it changed my life, and gave me boldness to witness, gave a closeness to God(who at one time seemed up in the sky looking down at me) that I have never lost all these years..a power I never had before to face whatever came to me..I am not saying that other churches are wrong like they do and as so many on this forum keeps doing over and over..to these people stop trying to put God in your little box.
33

News Item10/20/13 3:46 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John U.K., your case is a good example of the guidance of the Holy Spirit John MacArthur has an excellent article about "The Third Wave, with all of its excesses". It should give some information about this idea.
32

News Item10/20/13 11:05 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Mike wrote:
Perhaps the reality is that unless a Christian leader agrees with our pet doctrines, we'll determine to find something wrong with him.
Ah yes Mike, like finding something wrong with Presbyterian ministers who baptise babies outside a profession of faith or evidence of repentance?

Or the arminist minister who believes God punishes the same sin twice, once at Calvary and then in the unrepentant sinner who committed it?
______________

Thanks Timmy for the potted history.

Some folks in the Free Pressies, and also in the Brethren, believe in the spiritual gift of discerning of spirits, and they would say that pentecostalisers have a wayward spirit.

But then, even people who believe in the spiritual gifts don't take much notice of them.

It won't be long before you are prophesying that July will pass her driving test, that Wendy will have a little girl, and that the Third Wave Global Revival is just around the corner (although we never seem to ever get to the corner).

Anyway, the Lord bless your thinking and pondering, especially in this confused age in which we live. I wish you well.
John UK (in the charismatic movement for six years before the Lord told him to come out).

31

News Item10/20/13 8:51 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
candle wrote:

Check out the following and you'll be scratching your head as to what is going on in the minds of our BIG NAME Christian leaders
---
Perhaps the reality is that unless a Christian leader agrees with our pet doctrines, we'll determine to find something wrong with him.
30

News Item10/20/13 8:19 AM
candle  Find all comments by candle
Roy Lange wrote:
John MacArthur, sadly teaches the false doctrines of JN Darby, with the ludicrous pre tribulation rapture lie.

Check out the following and you'll be scratching your head as to what is going on in the minds of our BIG NAME Christian leaders

How Dispensationalism proclaims a false gospel

See John MacArthur

The Master’s College

Sanctification: The Old Guy Definition?

New Calvinists in a Monastery

Tim Keller’s Neo-Marxism

Book Review: The Freedom of Self-Forgetfulness by

29

News Item10/20/13 7:57 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Hi Dolores, I was full blown Charismatic and nobody could convince me that I was wrong. I thought every other church denomination was dead because they suppressed the gifts of the spirit, etc. I'll get more into the experience and specifics later.
While I'm here, I'd like to comment on the question posed to Jim as to whether or not he is a free mason. My thought as to why he didn't answer is because he didn't consider it a serious question. Who knows though...he could be wearing his grand poobah robe right now while baking Masonic symbol shaped cookies from his super secret, eyes only, uber covert, super duper high tech lodge. : /
28

News Item10/20/13 7:26 AM
Roy Lange | Huntington Beach  Find all comments by Roy Lange
John MacArthur, sadly teaches the false doctrines of JN Darby, with the ludicrous pre tribulation rapture lie.
27

News Item10/19/13 6:50 PM
Dolores L | Texas  Find all comments by Dolores L
I'm beginning to see a little of what Jesus must have went through listening to the teachers of that day, the Pharisees,saying He was a demon, a blasphemer who called Himself the son of God! How can you judge a whole movement by a few who maybe (I can't say because I don't see their heart only God can) lost and a fake..and Jim Lincoln I still haven't heard you say",No I am not a free mason". My son was at one time and got out because as a Christian he could not agree with them on certain things. Have any of you that disagree with this Penecostal movement ever been in their church or known any of them personally? Like I said God moved me out because I could not see all the things they saw as wrong and I am judged as lost by some of the more strict ones. All other religions are wrong and lost just as they are judged by these religions as demon possessed, lost, greedy even though the marjority are not even rich as the televalists are and don't care for them either.
26

News Item10/19/13 6:17 PM
John MacArthur's Strange Fire  Find all comments by John MacArthur's Strange Fire
[Removed by SermonAudio.com]
25

News Item10/19/13 5:58 PM
LD | UK  Find all comments by LD
SteveR wrote:
LD
That video more than validated your concern
Thank you for bringing that to my attention
Steve
Thought it might. God bless.
24

News Item10/19/13 5:56 PM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
LD wrote:
Type into youtube Kenneth Copeland and Kenneth Hagin. There are videos uploaded by various, Albert Isakov, mikemch, etc, around 4 to 6 minutes long. The footage speaks for itself, regardless who is the uploader. Even the most rudimentary discernment ought to tell you where this is coming from. If not, as I said, may God help you.
LD
That video more than validated your concern

Thank you for bringing that to my attention
Steve

23

News Item10/19/13 5:50 PM
LD | UK  Find all comments by LD
SteveR wrote:
I typed that into Youtube, the top return was a video from a group called the EX CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
Can you be more specific? otherwise you seem to be in alliance with the EX CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
Type into youtube Kenneth Copeland and Kenneth Hagin. There are videos uploaded by various, Albert Isakov, mikemch, etc, around 4 to 6 minutes long. The footage speaks for itself, regardless who is the uploader. Even the most rudimentary discernment ought to tell you where this is coming from. If not, as I said, may God help you.
22

News Item10/19/13 5:43 PM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
LD wrote:
Type into youtube Kenneth Copeland and Kenneth Hagin (together) for the freak show. There is a video series called "Total Onslaught - strange fire" (I'm not a 7th Day Adventist, but the video is good on this subject), which covers the occult symbols etc. Type into Youtube Kenneth Copeland Exposed and just look at the man on these videos. This is not rocket science. He is a charlatan.
I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars (Rev 2:2).
I typed that into Youtube, the top return was a video from a group called the EX CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE

Can you be more specific? otherwise you seem to be in alliance with the EX CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE

21

News Item10/19/13 5:26 PM
LD | UK  Find all comments by LD
SteveR wrote:
I dont know him at all. To be honest, I find him creepy and never followed him as others
Can you be more specific? heresies, occult symbols, & lunacy?
Type into youtube Kenneth Copeland and Kenneth Hagin (together) for the freak show. There is a video series called "Total Onslaught - strange fire" (I'm not a 7th Day Adventist, but the video is good on this subject), which covers the occult symbols etc. Type into Youtube Kenneth Copeland Exposed and just look at the man on these videos. This is not rocket science. He is a charlatan.

I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars (Rev 2:2).

20
There are a total of 39 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
University to Offer ‘Gender-Open’ Restrooms
gstexas: "when women start to be sexually assaulted by perverts taking advantage of..."
-41 min 
Obama: Muslims Built 'The Very Fabric of Our Nation'
john for jesus from atl: "the last i checked, the puritans were christian!"
-1 hrs 14 
Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization
jim lincoln from nebraska: "denver is having some unexpected problems with pot...."
-2 hrs 10 


The Law and Fruit of Spirit

Richard Warmack
Salvation By Grace, Pt 2

Studies In Ephesians
Sunday School
Grace Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


E. A. Johnston
America Revival Or Ruin

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Staff Pick!Play! | MP3

Pastor Joseph LoSardo
It's a Wicked World, After All

Under the Sun
Bread of Life Fellowship
Play! | MP3

Blog 7/29/14
Experiencing Opposition.

New York Gospel Mission
&ldq­uo;god is not the author of conf­us­ion but of...

Sponsor:
Obama: The Anti-Israel President?

The Rest­or­at­ion of the Jews (Isr­ael) In Ref­ormed Esch­at­ol­ogy, Free MP3s, Vid­eos, etc.
www.puritandownloads.com/th..

Sponsor:
Hilarious Christian comedian for hire!

Past­ors hire Mutzie to perf­orm at your church and I guar­antee you'll have him ret­urn.
www.mutzie.com

Sermon: Underground Church In America
E. A. Johnston






                   
There is nothing but heaven worth setting our hearts upon. ... Richard Baxter

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV New!
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch New!
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.