members, click to sign in..

4,536 active users!!Bandwidth
FRIDAY
AUG 22, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -44 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  8/22/2014
WEDNESDAY, OCT 16, 2013  |  51 comments
Miss World 2013 Megan Young: “I’m Against Abortion,” and “Sex is for Marriage”

Megan Lynne Young, a 23-year-old Filipino American beauty queen recently won the Miss World Philippines title and was later crowned as Miss World 2013 in Bali, Indonesia.

She is the first Filipina to win the title of Miss World but she also has another claim to fame: she is pro-life.

“I’m against abortion,” she says in a new interview. “I’m pro-life and if it means killing someone who’s already there, then I’m against that, of course. My beliefs are, no abortion.”

“Sex is for marriage, that is my belief,” she adds ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.lifenews.com

180 The Movie (Full Video)
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  180 The Movie (Full Video)Ray Comfort | 10/4/2011
•  Where Were They? • Robert Haling | 2/2/2011
•  Ever right to have abortion?Dr. Alan Cairns | 6/22/2009
•  Scriptural View of AbortionDr. Mark Allison | 1/20/2013

   08/18/14  |  Pope makes strong, silent anti-abortion statement • 3 comments
   08/17/14  |  Planned Parenthood Abortion Doc Molested Patients for 20 Years • 2 comments
   08/14/14  |  Planned Parenthood: Let Boyfriend Beat Her With a Horse Whip • 5 comments
   08/12/14  |  Appeals Court Saves Last Mississippi Abortion Center from Closure • 5 comments
   08/10/14  |  Aborting in the Name of Jesus • 81 comments
MORE RELATED ( ABORTION ) NEWS | MORE..
   08/20/14  |  Legal-Courts Same-sex 'marriage' freight train derailed in Tenn. • 2 comments
   08/18/14  |  Former FBI says only way to defeat Islam is to crush it • 38 comments
   08/17/14  |  Creation Museum breaks ground on Noah's Ark project • 8 comments
   08/15/14  |  More Unmarried New Moms Cohabiting • 11 comments
   08/12/14  |  5-Year-Old Christian Boy Cut in Half by ISIS Terrorists • 17 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   08/22/14  |  The howl of the mob: Race-based justice • 1 comments
   08/22/14  |  'Jimmy's in Heaven,' James Foley's Parents Say at Press... • 1 comments
   08/22/14  |  Obama: 'No Just God Would Stand for Foley Beheading' • 12 comments
   08/22/14  |  Supreme Court Orders Stay on Virginia Gay Marriage • 5 comments
   08/22/14  |  Missionary Declared Free of Ebola; 'God Saved My Life' • 3 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 51 user comment(s)
News Item10/21/13 10:38 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Christopher000 wrote:
I'd still like to hear an answer to my last paragraph below from anyone who argues that we are all born again Christians/Saints.
I'm trying to understand the logic so I can get a better grasp on all the disagreements. I never hear any solid arguments, using the Bible...just opinions, it seems.
Chris, the Bible word for saved people (i.e. the church) is "saint". Another word is "believer". Another one is "elect of God".

So a born again Christian is a saint, and all saints are born again believers.

This has nothing to do with the wretched RCC usage of beatification, which is NOT biblical.

51

News Item10/21/13 10:22 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
I'd still like to hear an answer to my last paragraph below from anyone who argues that we are all born again Christians/Saints.

I'm trying to understand the logic so I can get a better grasp on all the disagreements. I never hear any solid arguments, using the Bible...just opinions, it seems.

50

News Item10/19/13 7:06 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Anne wrote:
Lurker, thanks, I value your opinion greatly! I tangled with others for years with this idea of you can be saved and remain in any denomination. Your last three statements were and are exactly true. I found that being unequally yoked, even in certain areas of the Christian walk is NOT what God wants for us. It is better to abstain than join in. To me, the RCC is like the SDA, only bigger. To find a persons true conversion is NOT my job but it IS my job to get to know someone enough to decide if I should take their words with a grain of salt or inhale, so to speak. How else would you know how to pray for someone? While I can agree with SteveR to the point that we are called to love, I can only agree insofar as much it isn't blind love - that's where Satan does some of his greatest work.
IMO, you're on the right track, Anne.

Light and darkness don't mix. Those who are born of the will of God and are filled with His Light will gravitate to the Light and away from darkness in all its enticing forms. Those who feel at home in the dark..... well, you know what I'm getting at.

God bless, sister and thanks for all your contributions to the forum.

. . .

Thanks, John. I've seen the link before but I guess I need to order some.

49

News Item10/19/13 5:23 PM
Anne | The Wild West  Find all comments by Anne
Lurker, thanks, I value your opinion greatly! I tangled with others for years with this idea of you can be saved and remain in any denomination. Your last three statements were and are exactly true. I found that being unequally yoked, even in certain areas of the Christian walk is NOT what God wants for us. It is better to abstain than join in. To me, the RCC is like the SDA, only bigger. To find a persons true conversion is NOT my job but it IS my job to get to know someone enough to decide if I should take their words with a grain of salt or inhale, so to speak. How else would you know how to pray for someone? While I can agree with SteveR to the point that we are called to love, I can only agree insofar as much it isn't blind love - that's where Satan does some of his greatest work.
48

News Item10/19/13 4:24 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Lurker wrote:
So how do we discern the professors of Christ from the real Christians?
Hello bro, God bless the Lurker!

I've put this up before, but it is such an excellent booklet by Peter Masters of the Met Tab, that I do not hesitate to link it again for the benefit of anyone who wants a biblical perspective on the evidence of true conversion.

It is helpful in so many ways, even to giving biblical assurance of salvation to those who are uncertain.

SEVEN CERTAIN SIGNS

"Are there recognisable signs that true conversion has occurred? How can seekers tell if God has worked in their hearts? How can Christian workers discern the spiritual standing of a seeker or inquirer, or an applicant for baptism and church membership? A guide to the marks of true salvation."

I heartily recommend this booklet - it can be revolutionary in a person's life, as it reveals a pseudo-conversion as well as a genuine one.

47

News Item10/19/13 4:07 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Anne wrote:
Are there any absolutes by which we can measure whom we align ourselves?
I've been following your comments/questions as they pertain to Steve's agreement with John Y (one can't rightly judge someone non-Christian just because they are Catholic).

First you must understand that Steve believes there are "millions" of born again Christians at home and in good standing with God within the RCC machine. Hence, he confirms John Y. in his dilusion and condemns anyone who questions his salvation. Interestingly, Steve has never explained how these "millions" of so called born again believers saw the Light while abiding in darkness but that's another story.

So how do we discern the professors of Christ from the real Christians? I don't think there is a sure fire litmus test as some would propose. Fruit inspection doesn't do it for me because there are many imatators of Christian righteousness but they are animated by the flesh, not the Holy Spirit.

Professions don't get it either because nost anyone can quote a few silver bullets of scripture.

What does work for me is getting to know someone over a period of time and finding out if their beliefs consistently match up with the bible and if they live their lives as they profess.

46

News Item10/19/13 3:43 PM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Anne wrote:
Christopher, this is what I was trying to figure out with SteveR. Is there a point, being in a saved state by grace, that your surroundings become absolutely incompatible with the truths you are learning and as your faith matures.
Anne
I dont attend a RCC Church, but the LORD has surrounded me with RCC neighbors and colleagues that have a sincere genuine LOVE for God. Like our own John Y, they LOVE God and I love them. They share a LOVE for Christ that often surpasses anything I see from SOME people that attend MY very own Church.

GOD puts HIS SPIRIT in people, not man made theological statements

45

News Item10/19/13 1:17 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Streter wrote:
The elect are 'in' Christ from the foundation of the world.
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
When do you think God "predestinated" Cornelius?
Unbelievers are not in Christ, regardless of how predestination is spun.
44

News Item10/19/13 1:05 PM
Anne | The Wild West  Find all comments by Anne
Christopher, this is what I was trying to figure out with SteveR. Is there a point, being in a saved state by grace, that your surroundings become absolutely incompatible with the truths you are learning and as your faith matures. When I was in the SDA church, for quite some time I thought I could just be "a bad SDA" - staying but not practicing or believing their doctrines. After a while, it wore so hard on me it became obvious that there must be some absolute truths biblically and I was not living in them. Kind of like being in an adulterous relationship, realizing you can't be, cutting off the physical part but still maintaining a relationship; it just doesn't work. But I know how difficult it is to find that line and I think often-times it must be prompted by God, since we tend to turn back to what we are comfy in. You could get into the whole "Parable of the Sower" and begin to question which seed you really are...
43

News Item10/19/13 9:00 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
I just don't understand the logic. I don't understand how Roman Catholics can be considered to be saved, brothers and sisters, Saints, etc. There are many fatal, heretical doctrines, but even adhering to just one of several keeps me wondering how there's any defense. Let me break it down with a couple of examples using just two of the false doctrines/practices out of the many they offer:
1) Praying to Mary and the "saints" To me, this is no different than praying to another god, etc...take your pick.
2) Observing the Mass which, aside from being an indulgence to reduce ones time in the non-existant Purgatory, it is, by Romes own words, a continual re-sacrifice of Christ on the cross because His death was not sufficient to forgive all future sin.

Examples like this are what keep me confused as to why people vehemently defend them. Examples like this are why I have such difficulty believing that they are saved.
Can I be saved while praying to the dead, asking them for things that only God can provide? Can I be saved while believing that Christ's death wasn't good enough and that He lied to us?

42

News Item10/18/13 12:11 PM
Anne | The Wild West  Find all comments by Anne
SteveR, if I follow your train of thought and apply this to the raising of our children, there is an enormously huge hole here. "Do not be deceived: 'Bad company corrupts good morals.', (1 Corinthians 15:33 HCSB). If the unbeliever has not welcomed God's spirit, but can have the appearance of good works ("And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ (Matthew 7:23 NKJV)), are we not commanded to "Stop judging according to outward appearances; rather judge according to righteous judgment.” (John 7:24 HCSB)? Not a single one of us may command a soul to Hell; however, since we are called to be in but not of, separate yet a light on a hill, there must be a way to reckon calling those who profess faith but do not actually posses it - otherwise will we not run the risk of corrupting good morals? It must be more than "just a relationship with Christ". Are there any absolutes by which we can measure whom we align ourselves?
41

News Item10/18/13 11:35 AM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Anne wrote:
But we are also charged with looking out for wolves and "little foxes". So how do you tell them apart from believers if they continue living in a state which is opposed to God's word?
Anne
Our job is more difficult than an Israelite warrior who knew their brethrn outwardly. The wicked have uncircumcized hearts, but how do we see those hearts? The Spirit does give some discernment in these matters, but as you say we shouldnt be too quick to judge.

1 Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. .. 1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

40

News Item10/18/13 11:27 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Anne wrote:
SteveR.....

Maybe we are talking about a different definition of justification?

Keep pressing him on this, and see where he goes.

This is the one thing which marks out the big irreconcilable difference between Protestants and Catholics, between the true and the false.

39

News Item10/18/13 11:22 AM
Anne | The Wild West  Find all comments by Anne
Okay, my confusion then, if we're talking apples and apples here, lies in looking at the fruit a person bears and determining whether they are part of the body of Christ. No one can say whether a person will sit in eternity with Christ simply because we are not Judge - we have control only of the Earthy vessel. But we are also charged with looking out for wolves and "little foxes". So how do you tell them apart from believers if they continue living in a state which is opposed to God's word? The SDA church does this. Denominations don't save you, but when you are married to Christ, your loyalties should be to that husband only - what if that church/denomination demands more? Whether you give it ear or not, wouldn't you be straddling the fence by continuing on within its doors?
38

News Item10/18/13 11:14 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
SteveR wrote:
By the way, your ignorance isnt the reason why I criticize you. I criticize you because you declare so many Saints unsaved despite that lack of understanding
Steve, I do not declare any saint unsaved. They are all saved, which is why they are called saints.

If a person isn't a saint, they are not saved.

St John

37

News Item10/18/13 11:07 AM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Anne wrote:
SteveR, who does the justifying? Is this man's responsibility or the Holy Spirit's work? I believe that the process of Sanctification is on-going: "I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 1:6). But didn't Christ justify those He chose when He died and rose again? Maybe we are talking about a different definition of justification?
Are we talking different things?

Im by the book Calvinist in this area

The sinner is spiritually dead, and cant come to saving faith by himself.

36

News Item10/18/13 11:03 AM
Anne | The Wild West  Find all comments by Anne
SteveR, who does the justifying? Is this man's responsibility or the Holy Spirit's work? I believe that the process of Sanctification is on-going: "I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 1:6). But didn't Christ justify those He chose when He died and rose again? Maybe we are talking about a different definition of justification?
35

News Item10/18/13 11:01 AM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
John UK wrote:
Steve, the expression "process of salvation" is one which the RCC would use, simply because they regard salvation as a process rather than a definite thing accomplished.
Your are too self confident in your foolishness & lack of Christian understanding.

Every walk of Christian faith has an idea of what the process of salvation is. For example, the Reformed Faith would have a guideline similar to:
Election
Regeneration
The Call
Justification
Sanctification
Glorification

By the way, your ignorance isnt the reason why I criticize you. I criticize you because you declare so many Saints unsaved despite that lack of understanding

34

News Item10/18/13 10:48 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
SteveR wrote:
I would hold to the process of salvation that declares one JUSTIFIED without the works of the Law.
Steve, the expression "process of salvation" is one which the RCC would use, simply because they regard salvation as a process rather than a definite thing accomplished.

If you think about it, you can see that such a "salvation" is not depending on the finished work of Jesus Christ alone, but something which you yourself accomplish, in other words a salvation by works.

Biblically, predestination results in calling, calling results in justification, and justification results in glorification. Every time - without exception.

Is that what you meant by "process"?

p.s. justification is not progressive, it is instant, and once you have it you are saved forever. Justified through faith alone in Christ alone.

33

News Item10/18/13 10:03 AM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Anne wrote:
SteveR, I agree completely! It's the "True Faith" you spoke of I'm wondering about. It seems as though, and I may be misunderstanding, that you hold the position that we can be saved and, while we continue to be sinners (we do and are) we can live in carnality, perhaps forever, while being in a saved state of grace?
I would hold to the process of salvation that declares one JUSTIFIED without the works of the Law. However, after justification, one of True Faith would be sanctified into the Holy Image of Christ by the Holy Ghost. As we know by Pauls example, its long a difficult process

Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

32
There are a total of 51 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last
Last PostTotal
Obama: 'No Just God Would Stand for Foley Beheading'
jim lincoln from nebraska: "http://lorrab.wordpress.com/..."
-11 min 12 
Smithsonian adds LGBT history to museum collection
steve bounds from uk: " s c one will invite demonic oppression in if they open..."
-42 min 55 
A bad week for Common Core
mike from new york: " jim lincoln mike, they use different names because as the..."
-2 hrs 


The Blood



Jon Couch
Calling All Men

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

Curt Arend
Envy, Anger & Depression

Jonah Exposition
Grace Bible Church San...
Video!Play! | MP4

Robert Rubino
Crybaby Christianity!

Galatians 4:1-7
Fellowship Baptist Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Sermon: Grumblers And Complainers
Jon Couch






                   
God's giving deserves our thanksgiving. ... Anonymous

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.