members, click to sign in..

3,935 active users!!Bandwidth
FRIDAY
SEP 19, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -2 hrs
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  9/19/2014
SATURDAY, SEP 7, 2013  |  53 comments  |  1 commentary
Pope Takes On Obama

Pope Francis has written a letter to Russian President Vladimir Putin, host of the G-20 summit that President Obama is attending, urging world leaders to oppose a military intervention in Syria.

‚ÄúTo the leaders present, to each and every one, I make a heartfelt appeal for them to help find ways to overcome the conflicting positions and to lay aside the futile pursuit of a military solution,‚ÄĚ the Pope urged. ‚ÄúRather, let there be a renewed commitment to seek, with courage and determination, a peaceful solution through dialogue and negotiation of the parties, unanimously supported by the international community.‚ÄĚ

The move is the latest in a series of efforts by the Holy See to prevent military action in the already civil-war torn region. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
swampland.time.com

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Syria, Egypt, Arab Prophecies? • 570+
Phil Layton | Gold Country Baptist Church
Play! | RSS

Is Roman Catholic Christian?
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Witnessing to a Roman Catholic • Dr. John Barnett | 9/19/1999
•  1988 Catholicism Radio Debate • Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley | 10/1/1988
•  Is Roman Catholic Christian?Dr. Alan Cairns | 8/3/2009

   09/17/14  |  Isil want to assassinate the Pope, says Iraq's ambassador to... • 18 comments
   09/15/14  |  Pope breaks taboo by marrying couples who lived 'in sin' • 12 comments
   08/25/14  |  Pope Francis challenges with question: How is your faith? • 11 comments
   08/21/14  |  Pope Francis Says Radical Islam Must Be Stopped • 106 comments
   08/20/14  |  God will give me two or three more years, says Pope • 4 comments
MORE RELATED ( POPE ) NEWS | MORE..
   09/17/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio iPhone + iPad Edition v3.8! • 98 comments
   09/16/14  |  ISIS 'Won't Be Afraid To Put A Bomb In Lower Manhattan' • 8 comments
   09/14/14  |  Islamic State claims beheading of British hostage: SITE • 5 comments
   09/14/14  |  Scottish independence campaign lead before vote - ICM poll • 24 comments
   09/14/14  |  Atheist Bill Maher Defends Christians as Host Charlie Rose... • 11 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 53 user comment(s)
News Item9/17/13 3:22 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
J.Y. what's nice about this country, everyone has the right to be wrong. So, tell me what you think is wrong with the following?

Marks of the True Believer

53

News Item9/17/13 2:17 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Mike wrote:
Worship is a lifestyle, not a ritual. You are deceiving the others around you, as well as yourself.
to John Yorick Amen

Aiding and abetting an anti-Christian organization such as a Romish Church, means you despise Christ! Should Roman Catholicism really be classified as a Christian religion? -- No. (PDF (May be HTML) If one doesn't Come Out Of The Catholic Church ((May be HTML) PDF), knowing what John Y., does then it is only logical to assume he is a worshiper of the devil and not Christ.

So, John Y., once upon a time I assumed you were in the Chicago area, and you have absolutely no excuse not to attend a church such as, Christian Fellowship Church which you won't find at churches with Red Hot Preaching. All Masses are Black Masses, since they mix in lies with the truth.

By the way Pope Frannie:
Jesus Christ, Our One & Only High Priest&the 1 followi

52

News Item9/14/13 9:39 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
John Yurich USA wrote:
I don't wish to stop attending church because it is a sin not to worship Jesus. If I only adhere to the scriptural parts to the Mass then I am not being deceitful.
Worship is a lifestyle, not a ritual. You are deceiving the others around you, as well as yourself.
51

News Item9/14/13 9:30 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
I don't wish to stop attending church ...
You only worship Jesus at church?????

Two things John Y.

1. If I ask my child did you do your homework, and he thinks to himself, well I did my homework yesterday, so he says Yes. He knows I meant today but his answer while factual is deceitful because he knows I am assuming today's homework not yesterdays. When you stand before the priest and do all your Catholic rituals he is seeing you as saying yes I believe in all of this, when according to you, you mean no, I don't believe the way you perceive I do but I faked you out again. In both cases a silent lie is being told.

2.You have stated the same false statement that Catholics worship Jesus as God, what did Jesus say,
"And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46) By your own admission Catholics do not His commands but practice the doctrines of men.. So, if they decide what is right then they are setting themselves up as god by deciding which commands to obey and which to ignore, thus not worshiping the true God who demands obedience to all His ways.

So, the Lord Jesus says Catholics don't worship Him as God, but you say they do, now who should I believe?????

50

News Item9/14/13 9:04 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
John Yurich USA wrote:
it is a sin not to worship Jesus.
John Yurich
In part you have this SO right.
However what makes you imagine you are actually worshipping Jesus (honorng, treating Him as Holy, giving your loyalty and alligiance to Him, being obedient to His word, to His Commandments)?

Are you actually reading the Bible, listening to what He says and growing in obedience to Him OR something else like coming up for all sorts of reasons, often excuses to disobey Him and continue on doing whatever you like?

Again IMHO Unprofitable Servant has given you excellent advice! Didn't Jesus Himself teach us that worshipping God is not so much a matter of place BUT of Spirit and Truth, and the word of God teaching us that is likewise a matter of holiness, the separation of oneself from false teachings/relgions, disobedient and pretend Christians that we may be holy unto Christ?

BTW Again
I hope you will wake up to the worth of Jesus Christ who died for you and how He is infinitely deserving of your love and obedience and how grieveous a sin it is to give Him empty worthless lip service, especially imagining He must welcome into heaven anyone who has hated the wholehearted obedience in every area of life He so rightfully is owed.

49

News Item9/14/13 8:19 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
deja vu
Making no comment on your post. You still have NO reason to STAY and continue to attend a RCC. Why don't you just leave the church????? I am not saying attend anywhere in your case, just saying STOP attending Catholic Church. Why can't you do that? You say you are uncomfortable in the crowd, you have to be deceitful in your adherence to what goes on, why not just STOP your attendance and stay home??
I don't wish to stop attending church because it is a sin not to worship Jesus. If I only adhere to the scriptural parts to the Mass then I am not being deceitful.
48

News Item9/14/13 8:04 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
Jesus only gave one requirement for gaining entrance into Heaven and that is that one must become Born Again which according to Baptist and Evangelical Protestant teaching means to embrace Jesus as ones Savior. Jesus did not state that attending church, church membership, fellowshipping or anything else was required for gaining entrance into Heaven. And when everybody stands before Jesus after passing away He will only look at if one had embraced Him as their Savior in determing who will enter Heaven. He will not look at the church that one attended, fellowshipping or anything else you guys believe are required for gaining entrance into Heaven. There are Born Again individuals in the Catholic Church and every other church that worships Jesus as God.
deja vu

Making no comment on your post. You still have NO reason to STAY and continue to attend a RCC. Why don't you just leave the church????? I am not saying attend anywhere in your case, just saying STOP attending Catholic Church. Why can't you do that? You say you are uncomfortable in the crowd, you have to be deceitful in your adherence to what goes on, why not just STOP your attendance and stay home??

47

News Item9/14/13 5:19 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Jim Lincoln wrote:
John Y., you are aiding and abetting a false church, do you think Christ is going to overlook the fact that you are supporting the Church of the anti-Christ.
Jesus only gave one requirement for gaining entrance into Heaven and that is that one must become Born Again which according to Baptist and Evangelical Protestant teaching means to embrace Jesus as ones Savior. Jesus did not state that attending church, church membership, fellowshipping or anything else was required for gaining entrance into Heaven. And when everybody stands before Jesus after passing away He will only look at if one had embraced Him as their Savior in determing who will enter Heaven. He will not look at the church that one attended, fellowshipping or anything else you guys believe are required for gaining entrance into Heaven. There are Born Again individuals in the Catholic Church and every other church that worships Jesus as God.
46

News Item9/13/13 2:16 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John Y., you are aiding and abetting a false church, do you think Christ is going to overlook the fact that you are supporting the Church of the anti-Christ.

As I pointed out to you, a Baptist Church will not consider you a member just because you attend it. If you make it clear you there to listen to the sermons, I seriously would doubt anyone would pester you, (Just tell them you have had 10 years of Christians testifying to you, and it's rolled off your back like water does on a ducks? ) I doubt if you would be harassed at the Christian Fellowship Church in the Hammond Ind./Chicago area, a church I would recommend in fact. You'll get good expositional teaching there. I would suggest that you read What to Look for in a Church, reasonably short, in fact Don might have left out one part, if a church asks for your SS # and bank acct. # run out the door! Unfortunately I'm afraid one of the biggest churches in Hammond might expect that???

No, John Y., no Christianactively supports the Romish Church, Should Roman Catholicism really be classified as a Christian religion? -- No. (PDF)[/

45

News Item9/13/13 10:24 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
John Yurich USA wrote:
Gaining entrance into Heaven after passing away is the only reason to embrace Jesus as ones Savior.
John Yurich
The ONLY reason???
REALLY? O John! Are you that blind to the worth of Christ???

Paraphrasing Paris Reidhead, who gives a wonderful telling of Salvation in
10 Shekels and a Shirt, here on SermonAudio btw
Makes the comment along the line of (and you can agree with it or not)
Of how Jesus Christ is WORTHY to be loved (as ones first and foremeost love) to be adored and worship and trusted, obeyed and served SO MUCH SO that He would deserve this from us even if we would die and go to hell (which would be justly because of our sins btw) at the end of our lives.

I cannot begin to really put into words how utterly sickened, heartbroken and grieved your attitude towards the Son of God who died for us comes across.

John, REPENT! and give the Savior you profess to know the love, honor, faith, loyalty and service He is so rightly do.

BTW Unprofitable Servant
has given you excellent counsel in that it would be better for you to not go to church anywhere and seek to serve Christ the best you can by what God Himself says to you in Scripture than to dishonor Him and defile yourself in attending Mass and the RCC

44

News Item9/13/13 9:43 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
Gaining entrance into Heaven after passing away is the only reason to embrace Jesus as ones Savior. That is why Jesus was Crucified so individuals can go to Heaven after passing away. When everybody stands before Jesus after passing away He will not look at the church that one attended, fellowshipping or anything else you guys state is required to gain entrance into Heaven. He will only look at if one embraced Him as ones Savior in determining who will enter Heaven.
Making no comment on your post. You still have NO reason to STAY and continue to attend a RCC. Why don't you just leave the church????? I am not saying attend anywhere in your case, just saying STOP attending Catholic Church. Why can't you do that? You say you are uncomfortable in the crowd, you have to be deceitful in your adherence to what goes on, why not just STOP your attendance and stay home??
43

News Item9/13/13 9:20 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Michael Hranek wrote:
John Yurich
Right to the point: (Anyone of us)
You have to have a CHANGE of Loyalty or Alligiance to enter the kingdom of God.
Faith in Jesus Christ is intimately interrelated to faithfullness to Him AND if far more a matter of wanting God, wanting to be right with Him, wanting to be obedient to Him than just wanting to go to heaven and not burn in hell.
So again right to the point, if you want to go to heaven when you die, you desperately need a change of your loyalty, alligiance, belonging to, goint to whatever you want to call it from the RCC to follow and be loyal and faithful to Jesus Christ, lest you be one who has unrepentedly practised iniquity, disobedience to His word that Jesus commands to depart from Him as one He never knew.
Gaining entrance into Heaven after passing away is the only reason to embrace Jesus as ones Savior. That is why Jesus was Crucified so individuals can go to Heaven after passing away. When everybody stands before Jesus after passing away He will not look at the church that one attended, fellowshipping or anything else you guys state is required to gain entrance into Heaven. He will only look at if one embraced Him as ones Savior in determining who will enter Heaven.
42

News Item9/12/13 7:44 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
I believe that there are born again people within the "one true church" and that's why Christ calls them out of her. I have trouble believing that anyone, once they are aware of the many false doctrines, pagan rituals, and manmade traditions that trump God's word, could possibly remain. John Y aside...just anyone. This is always a real head scratcher for me because I just don't get it; I don't understand the logic. They don't embrace Christ as their Savior because the church actively and openly defies Him on so many fatal levels. Don't people get this?! The church, like it or not, revolves around Mary. Mary is the center of it all; being the mediatrix, the co-redemptrix, the forgiver of sins, the Queen of Heaven. By Romes own words, Christ must do what Mary tells Him...He cannot resist her...without Mary, aaccording to Rome, there can be no salvation. Everything else aside, just the one fact that Roman Catholics actually pray to Mary and the Saints, attributing to them powers that are reserved for God Almighty alone, is an abomination of abominations.
This one fact alone would be cause for me to turn and run, without even having to consider all of the other fatal false doctrines, etc.
41

News Item9/12/13 6:36 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
John Yurich USA wrote:
You are implying that I have to leave the Catholic Church or else I will not enter Heaven.
John Yurich
Right to the point: (Anyone of us)
You have to have a CHANGE of Loyalty or Alligiance to enter the kingdom of God.

Faith in Jesus Christ is intimately interrelated to faithfullness to Him AND if far more a matter of wanting God, wanting to be right with Him, wanting to be obedient to Him than just wanting to go to heaven and not burn in hell.

So again right to the point, if you want to go to heaven when you die, you desperately need a change of your loyalty, alligiance, belonging to, goint to whatever you want to call it from the RCC to follow and be loyal and faithful to Jesus Christ, lest you be one who has unrepentedly practised iniquity, disobedience to His word that Jesus commands to depart from Him as one He never knew.

40

News Item9/12/13 5:43 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
You are implying that I have to leave the Catholic Church or else I will not enter Heaven. So the implication is that I would have to attend an Evangelical Protestant Church in order to enter Heaven. I do not admit to full participation in the Mass. I refrain from participating in the unscriptural parts to the Mass. What is so difficult to comprehend that someone who is Born Again can attend the Catholic Church and remain saved if they refrain from participating in the unscriptural parts to the Mass and disregard the unscriptural Catholic doctrines?
I said nothing of going to another church. I will stand by my statement. You are self-deceived. Your ACTIONS say that you don't believe you will make an entrance into heaven unless you go to a RCC and partake in the mass. Are you denying that you go regularly to a RCC and partake in mass? Your ACTIONS say that is your hope. The ONLY way to show that is NOT what you believe is to stop attending the RCC and stop partaking in ANY mass. Until that happens, your ACTIONS say that is your hope for heaven, and alas it will leave you as one of those who take part in the second death. May God grant you true saving faith for His glory.
39

News Item9/11/13 7:35 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
I read your posted reply about going to a different church and church membership, etc. I challenge you to find where I said you should go to another church. You freely admit to full participation in the mass. I am sure those in this forum who have left the RCC will testify that in RCC doctrine you lose admittance to heaven if you leave the church or stop taking mass.
So, again, I say the only way for you to validate your stated belief that you are NOT trusting in the RCC and its mass as your ticket to heaven is to stop attending the RCC. Alas, until you do your actions speak louder than your words. (Matthew 21:28-31)
You are implying that I have to leave the Catholic Church or else I will not enter Heaven. So the implication is that I would have to attend an Evangelical Protestant Church in order to enter Heaven. I do not admit to full participation in the Mass. I refrain from participating in the unscriptural parts to the Mass. What is so difficult to comprehend that someone who is Born Again can attend the Catholic Church and remain saved if they refrain from participating in the unscriptural parts to the Mass and disregard the unscriptural Catholic doctrines?
38

News Item9/11/13 3:48 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
I was going to suggest one of those really large, non-denominational churches where one could sit in the back and never even really be noticed. Maybe not though because the ones I've been to are actually Charismatic/Pentecostal, it seems. The ones I've been to anyway...tongues, slaying in the spirit, words of knowledge, etc. Not thatthose things ddon't happen, but I'm speaking of things that are way out if order.
37

News Item9/11/13 2:43 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
UPS, great answers as usual. John Y., one thing you won't have to worry with most IFB's you won't be asked out to a bar for a drink. No, attending raffle benefits, etc. either. It's a pity that you're afraid of interpersonal relationships, you keep saying you want a wife, and unless you become a Muhammadan, nothing gets more personal than that!

Mark 10
4 And they said, "Moses permitted a man TO WRITE A CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE AND SEND her AWAY."
5 But Jesus said to them, "Because of your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment.
6 "But from the beginning of creation, God MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE.
7 "FOR THIS CAUSE A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER,
8 AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH; consequently they are no longer two, but one flesh.
9 "What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."---NASB

Have you even tried out any Independent Fundamentalist Baptist Church? I serious doubt that most, of course there might be some, which will expect you to get out of your comfort zone, when it comes to interpersonal relationships!

Actually, they really shouldn't consider you a member, until you say that you think you are one--to them.

36

News Item9/11/13 10:56 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
Yes I take the bread and the wine during Mass but I don't state Amen when I am handed the bread and the cup of wine to avoid acknowledging the doctrine of Transubstantiation. I pretend that the bread and wine are like the Lutheran Church teaches about the bread and wine.
I read your posted reply about going to a different church and church membership, etc. I challenge you to find where I said you should go to another church. You freely admit to full participation in the mass. I am sure those in this forum who have left the RCC will testify that in RCC doctrine you lose admittance to heaven if you leave the church or stop taking mass.

So, again, I say the only way for you to validate your stated belief that you are NOT trusting in the RCC and its mass as your ticket to heaven is to stop attending the RCC. Alas, until you do your actions speak louder than your words. (Matthew 21:28-31)

35

News Item9/11/13 10:03 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Mike wrote:
You should make a great leader of a small country music/country gospel band. Maybe you can hide behind the drummer.
I will not be hiding behind the drummer or anybody else. I will be in line with the other guitar player, etc.
34
There are a total of 53 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last
Last PostTotal
Table Manners: Why We Take Communion Every Week
lurker: "i could be mistaken but my assessment of john yurich, having observed his..."
-2 hrs 143 
6 billion smartphones in use by 2020
fg from usa: " do the research s.m.a.r.t. (self-monitoring, analysis and..."
-5 hrs 10 
1.2 million Ebola deaths projected in 6 months
penleope: "what about the epidemic of autism and other autoimmune disease that is..."
-7 hrs 18 


The Holy Spirit vs. Satan
Pastor John Ashwood
Union With Christ: Part II

Saturday, March 29, 2014
Special Meeting
Particular Baptist Fellowship
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Evangelist Ed Lacy
Christ Centered Evangelism 2

Ed Lacy Ministries
Video DVD
Video!Play! | MP4

Evangelist Ed Lacy
Christ Centered Evangelism 11

Ed Lacy Ministries
Video DVD
Video!Play! | MP4

E. A. Johnston
A Tour Of Hell

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Bible's Providential Preservation

Free MP3s: King James Vers­ion, Other Vers­ions, Textus Rec­ept­us, Mas­or­etic Text, Etc.
www.puritandownloads.com/th..

Sponsor:
Chantry,Quinn,Daniel 2014 Conference

Faith Bible Church Oct 10-12 "The Joy of Worsh­ip"
www.sermonaudio.com

Sermon:
If the Lord Will
Ken Wimer






                   
The anvil, the fire and the hammer are the making of us. ... C. H. Spurgeon

Las Vegas, NV
  25   DAYS LEFT
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.