members, click to sign in..

3,112 active users!!Bandwidth
SUNDAY
OCT 26, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -3 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
Photos
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  10/26/2014
TUESDAY, AUG 27, 2013  |  53 comments
Facebook friends affect credit score

A handful of tech startups are using social data to determine the risk of lending to people who have a difficult time accessing credit. Traditional lenders rely heavily on credit scores like FICO, which look at payments history. They typically steer clear of the millions of people who don't have credit scores.

But some financial lending companies have found that social connections can be a good indicator of a person's creditworthiness.

One such company, Lenddo, determines if you're friends on Facebook with someone who was late paying back a loan to Lenddo. If so, that's bad news for you. It's even worse news if the delinquent friend is someone you frequently interact with. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
money.cnn.com

   04/04/14  |  Facebook games the gateway drug of gambling, says UK psychologist • 2 comments
   02/14/14  |  Facebook offers new gender options for users • 2 comments
   02/06/14  |  Study: Facebook is Read More Than the Bible • 58 comments
   07/04/13  |  Facebook Bans Fox Commentator Over Conservative, Christian... • 11 comments
   03/12/13  |  Facebook reveals secrets you haven‚Äôt shared • 1 comments
MORE RELATED ( FACEBOOK ) NEWS | MORE..
   10/23/14  |  Memorial service held for Ian Paisley • 19 comments
   10/23/14  |  Shooter In Canadian Parliament Attack Has A Possible Connection... • 5 comments
   10/23/14  |  Pastors Flood Houston Mayor's Office With Sermons • 26 comments
   10/18/14  |  Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona • 16 comments
   10/18/14  |  Ted Cruz: "Real Risk" Of Pastors Being Jailed For Preaching... • 12 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 33 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 53 user comment(s)
News Item9/2/13 12:40 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
MS wrote:
Greetings to all who posted comments concerning my decision to leave the board:
I was very touched by your kind words.
No...I did not leave because of anything said and I have been blessed by many of you posting on here.
This is something that the Lord has been showing me that I need to deal with..and that is all I want to share concerning it.
Just wanted to address the issue...and I still read most of your posts and continue to pray for all that the Lord lays on my heart!
Blessings to you all!
Thank you MS for explaining, and I hope you feel welcome to join in whenever you want. Blessings to you too!
53

News Item9/2/13 12:30 PM
MS  Find all comments by MS
Greetings to all who posted comments concerning my decision to leave the board:
I was very touched by your kind words.
No...I did not leave because of anything said and I have been blessed by many of you posting on here.
This is something that the Lord has been showing me that I need to deal with..and that is all I want to share concerning it.
Just wanted to address the issue...and I still read most of your posts and continue to pray for all that the Lord lays on my heart!
Blessings to you all!
52

News Item9/2/13 12:11 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
penelope wrote:
tis a tough road a gentleman must tread.
Aye, too true!
51

News Item9/2/13 11:42 AM
penelope  Find all comments by penelope
tis a tough road a gentleman must tread.
50

News Item9/2/13 11:38 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
penelope wrote:
I think, gentlemen, you have misunderstood MS's point. just pointing it out. y'll have a great day.
It is very common for brothers to misunderstand sisters, seeing as they are always speaking in riddles.
49

News Item9/2/13 11:12 AM
penelope  Find all comments by penelope
I think, gentlemen, you have misunderstood MS's point. just pointing it out. y'll have a great day.
48

News Item9/2/13 8:33 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Christopher000 wrote:
I hope so too, John, and had hoped that he would have stopped by one last time to take a glance at any responses. I'm a little surprised at times that some would let others go so easily, especially when they bring good things to the forum, by never adding anything for encouragement, etc. It's like, whatever buddy...later...don't let the door hit ya...ha-ha. But then, I also tend to imagine what they might be thinking, like in this case, maybe they felt as if they would be interferring with the Lord? I don't know. I just feel like I should fight hard to keep someone around if I feel that their departure is based solely upon exhaustion from passive arguments, occassional flame wars, etc. MS brought good things and I posted what I did because I felt like he decided to leave because of his arguments with Steve. I could be dead wrong though.
I think MS is a sister, Chris. And she brought many good points to the table. It is a great shame if she was upset by some comments and had to take time out. I reckon that if any of us get angry or annoyed on account of antagonism, harsh comments, or devilish attacks, it is a good sign that we should continue until we are further edified, becoming stronger in the Lord.
47

News Item9/2/13 7:25 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
I hope so too, John, and had hoped that he would have stopped by one last time to take a glance at any responses. I'm a little surprised at times that some would let others go so easily, especially when they bring good things to the forum, by never adding anything for encouragement, etc. It's like, whatever buddy...later...don't let the door hit ya...ha-ha. But then, I also tend to imagine what they might be thinking, like in this case, maybe they felt as if they would be interferring with the Lord? I don't know. I just feel like I should fight hard to keep someone around if I feel that their departure is based solely upon exhaustion from passive arguments, occassional flame wars, etc. MS brought good things and I posted what I did because I felt like he decided to leave because of his arguments with Steve. I could be dead wrong though.
46

News Item8/31/13 10:50 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Christopher000 wrote:
Hi MS, you'll do what feels best for you, and if you say it's the Lord working, well, who can argue with that, but I hope you are not mixing up human emotion. I appreciate your posts and I have thought about taking off many times because of things I was accused of, excessive arguing, or whatever. Well, I'm glad I haven't (yet)...ha-ha, because it's such a great learning experience. Where else can you go to interact with such a wide variety of born again Christians who have such different points of view? I have learned much as a new one, but I think even the more seasoned ones do plenty of learning and what a great opportunity for you guys to be able to express yourselves and instruct those who are lacking in knowledge. Yes, there are arguments, but so what? They are limited and always fizzle out. People are people
Here's how I see it: how many times have you seen names pop up in posts that you don't recognize? Pretty often. My point is that there are oh so many who read but rarely, if ever post, so you never know who you are helping, even though they may never acknowledge it. Like I said though, nobody can argue with the Lord if that's the case.
Stickability reaps edifying rewards. I hope MS will see that.
45

News Item8/31/13 10:04 AM
Dolores L | Texas  Find all comments by Dolores L
Interesting post Christropher to ms. I agree with you about the posts being read by others that don't always post their thoughts. Actually I was one of those for a long time until I got up courage to post about your depression, then nothing for awhile and tried again much later. Don't know why I stay on but I do because I feel these are ways to be a light even though ever now and then it gets blown out by others and I wonder where did this come from..I can understand ms's concerns about social media..teen agers have committed suicide over things said to them on FB. The bullys are on all these type medias. Btw most people are like me on FB and care less about the photos put on there or comments made of what their kids are doing.,what they did on vacation while in Ireland..it makes those that can't afford to go feel they are so bragging ..and worse if they are having problems just struggling to get their kid graduated!!
44

News Item8/31/13 8:49 AM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Christopher000 wrote:
Hi MS, you'll do what feels best for you, and if you say it's the Lord working, well, who can argue with that, but I hope you are not mixing up human emotion. I appreciate your posts and I have thought about taking off many times because of things I was accused of, excessive arguing, or whatever. Well, I'm glad I haven't (yet)...ha-ha, because it's such a great learning experience. Where else can you go to interact with such a wide variety of born again Christians who have such different points of view? I have learned much as a new one, but I think even the more seasoned ones do plenty of learning and what a great opportunity for you guys to be able to express yourselves and instruct those who are lacking in knowledge. Yes, there are arguments, but so what? They are limited and always fizzle out. People are people
Here's how I see it: how many times have you seen names pop up in posts that you don't recognize? Pretty often. My point is that there are oh so many who read but rarely, if ever post, so you never know who you are helping, Like I said though,
Good Morning Chris,
some old business

Have you found a Church Home yet? If not what denominations are you considering?

43

News Item8/31/13 8:44 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Hi MS, you'll do what feels best for you, and if you say it's the Lord working, well, who can argue with that, but I hope you are not mixing up human emotion. I appreciate your posts and I have thought about taking off many times because of things I was accused of, excessive arguing, or whatever. Well, I'm glad I haven't (yet)...ha-ha, because it's such a great learning experience. Where else can you go to interact with such a wide variety of born again Christians who have such different points of view? I have learned much as a new one, but I think even the more seasoned ones do plenty of learning and what a great opportunity for you guys to be able to express yourselves and instruct those who are lacking in knowledge. Yes, there are arguments, but so what? They are limited and always fizzle out. People are people
Here's how I see it: how many times have you seen names pop up in posts that you don't recognize? Pretty often. My point is that there are oh so many who read but rarely, if ever post, so you never know who you are helping, even though they may never acknowledge it. Like I said though, nobody can argue with the Lord if that's the case.
42

News Item8/31/13 7:12 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Oh, I see. Thanks Dolores. No, I was never siding with the Facebook crowd when expressing my disdain for a persons credit potentially being effected by his/her followers. Whether it's Facebook or whatever/whereever else, I just thought the idea itself was ridiculous. I don't support Facebook nor am I on it. Everyone else I know, however, is. My wife and her sisters are addicted to it. My wife is on it using her smartphone literally every 5-10min all day, every day. Seems to me it's all about how many friends one can accumulate along with how many "likes" they can get in their posts and uploads. We were at an oceanside wedding in Narragansett last night and she was taking pics and posting on FB all night.
No, I wasn't supporting FB...my wife's addiction actually sickens me along with her insistence that she's not addicted.
US...thanks again.
41

News Item8/30/13 8:06 PM
Dolores L | Texas  Find all comments by Dolores L
Sorry..the word is peace I meant to say.
40

News Item8/30/13 8:03 PM
Dolores L | Texas  Find all comments by Dolores L
So sorry to hear you are leaving MS but I feel I will know you in heaven so have a blessed life and see you at the Gate..US thanks for your advise. I use facebook like you do..very little about me personally and very careful what I say..learned that on this forum in the very beginning. Actually I play games like Farmville but not much of that even. There are people on there that I've witnessed to. One a former RRC but now does not believe in God at all..at first he was so angry at me and others that were commenting however at the end of it he was wishing me pease and I wished him the same..he was not my friend but a friend of a friend..his posts are no so beligerent toward us when God is mentioned.
39

News Item8/30/13 7:42 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Facebook is like the internet, it can be used for evil or good.
On the good side, people share urgent prayer requests, and also blessings in their lives. I have used it to dispute a coworkers claim (just something they re-posted) that two "gay" moms were just as good parents as a mom and a dad. I have been able to share the gospel more than once. I must admit my list of friends is small, I post very little on the site and my privacy settings are high. I purposely limit my time on it mainly because a couple of ladies (one a pastor's wife and the other a stay at home mom) fill up the pages with their posts(one about her church and family the other with lots of conservative and Christian stuff)and I don't want to spend a great deal of time there, so I am sure I miss things others say. It became a way to reach a message to my brother when I could not reach him by phone about an urgent family matter. One of the shut-ins from my church uses it as his link to the outside world. So, I don't know that I would throw the baby out with the bath water so to speak, it has potential like most things for good and bad.
38

News Item8/30/13 2:57 PM
MS  Find all comments by MS
Hi Dolores....the Lord is working concerning social networks in my heart....and this is my last post !
I have been blessed by you and others on here and consider that some of you are genuine born again brethren.
I will continue to pray for you and your family and others on here also.
See you there or in the air!
Gods richest blessing to you sister!
37

News Item8/30/13 2:44 PM
Dolores L | Texas  Find all comments by Dolores L
it's the same thing on here..don't we want to be accepted and thought well of on this forum..speaking for myself I feel misunderstood at times or judged and then up lifted by the different comments on here..very blessed at times that I'm not alone with my thoughts..we as Christians really need the lifting up of each other even if we are in disagreement..we are living in a world that is beginng to look more and more anti christian..we are the ones that are having to go into the closets now that the gays have so bodly come out
36

News Item8/30/13 2:38 PM
Ha  Find all comments by Ha
SteveR wrote:
Its not just 'look' or 'hear' me but its ACCEPT me. FB people have a huge desire to be accepted, in exchange they have shown willingness to 'like' issues to be accepted by their peers. The Gay and Lesbian community has harnessed social media to promote their agenda, while conservatives have used it mainly to promote things like gun rights. I have no doubt that people become more like their FB friends, and why that correlation has led to credit companies to use the resource. People will not only accept the values of their friends, they will become more like them.
As for Chris, it seems he doesnt have a Church home to appreciate the spiritual analogy used. Maybe he has one and doesnt want to talk or ask questions openly here? I understand that, because he could never find a Church home that would match the Frankenstein combination of 'Christian values' expressed on this board
But you are happy being a RCC troll supposedly worshipping in a Protestant church?
35

News Item8/30/13 2:16 PM
Dolores L | Texas  Find all comments by Dolores L
Penelope, I really understand where you are coming from because there is way too much sharing between people on there and I agree there is a fine line here and believe me I do not cross it. For one thing I am a private person and I actually don't want people looking at my life situations or my pictures etc. You made an important point about data bases and all the things that can go bad..read an article that facebook causes alot of depression and low self esteem with those on there..see your point and now I'm thinking maybe God doesn't want me on there..I'll have to pray about this.
34
There are a total of 53 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last
Last PostTotal
Pastors Flood Houston Mayor's Office With Sermons
jim lincoln from nebraska: "help is coming from the strangest places, or at least..."
-12 sec 26 
Does it matter that your Bible is printed in China?
gstexas: "i got mine from local church bible publishers. :thumbsup:"
-2 hrs 
NC Judge Resigns Rather Than Perform Gay Marriages
lady_virtue from okc: "it's a refreshing blessing to see someone refrain from..."
-3 hrs 


Ask Anything: Weekend Edition
Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley
Opening Ceremony of Omagh FPC

1 John 4
Special Meeting
Kilskeery Free Presbyterian
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Jon Couch
Saving With Fear

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

Danny Bond
God's Word Does not Fail

Gleanings from Romans
The Word Transfer
Play! | MP3

Blog 10/23/14
When God Changes your Plans

New York Gospel Mission
&ldq­uo;the heart of man plans his way, but the lord...

Sponsor:
See Why ISIS Is Faithful To the Koran

See Why ISIS Foll­ows the Koran, Muh­amm­ad, Etc. - & So-C­alled "Mod­er­ate" Musl­ims Don't
www.puritandownloads.com/th..

Sermon: Religious, Repaired, Rejected
Dr. Andy Bloom






                   
Everything in Scripture has in view the promotion of holiness. ... A. W. Pink

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.