members, click to sign in..

4,598 active users!!Bandwidth
TUESDAY
JUL 22, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -25 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  7/22/2014
SUNDAY, AUG 25, 2013  |  62 comments
Churches changing bylaws after gay marriage ruling

Worried they could be sued by gay couples, some churches are changing their bylaws to reflect their view that the Bible allows only marriage between one man and one woman.

Although there have been lawsuits against wedding industry businesses that refuse to serve gay couples, attorneys promoting the bylaw changes say they don't know of any lawsuits against churches.

Critics say the changes are unnecessary, but some churches fear that it's only a matter of time before one of them is sued.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
hosted.ap.org

Why Church Membership?
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  The R-Rated Church • Pastor John MacArthur | 10/25/2009
•  Being Thankful for Church • Dr. Steven J. Lawson | 11/24/2010
•  Why Church Membership?Dr. Joel Beeke | 1/3/2010
•  Greatest need of the church?Dr. Alan Cairns | 5/11/2009

   05/19/14  |  Americans Claim to Attend Church Much More Than They Do • 4 comments
   04/30/14  |  Can Bad Husbands Really Be Good Pastors? • 17 comments
   04/11/14  |  Churchgoers, Married People Are More Content With Their Love... • 1 comments
   04/01/14  |  51% of US Adults Say Church Is Not Important • 67 comments
   02/21/14  |  Elevation Church 'Emotionally Manipulating' Thousands Into... • 7 comments
MORE RELATED ( CHURCH ) NEWS | MORE..
   07/22/14  |  Christian Holocaust Underway in Iraq • 14 comments
   07/21/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.5.8 for Android Mobile... • 50 comments
   07/20/14  |  Christians Responsible for Most 'Hateful Internet Speech,' Says... • 72 comments
   07/19/14  |  Family Behind Hobby Lobby Has New Project: Bible Museum • 3 comments
   07/17/14  |  Passenger Jet Shot Down Over Ukraine • 24 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   07/22/14  |  IRS to monitor churches for electioneering • 11 comments
   07/22/14  |  UPenn Professor: accreditation of religious schools a 'scandal' • 6 comments
   07/22/14  |  Fate of Presbyterian Church USA Effort to Redefine Marriage to... • 7 comments
   07/22/14  |  Perry to Deploy National Guard Troops to Mexican Border • 1 comments
   07/22/14  |  Christian Holocaust Underway in Iraq • 14 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 62 user comment(s)
News Item8/29/13 7:24 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
William, you're an author? A bonafide author? Pretty cool. I have often thought of writing a book or two. One would be based on life experience; what I have gone through, and then basically how I made it through and ended up a born again Christian instead of in prison, a junkie, dead, etc. Sounds boring, but my life has been anything but, I have experienced pretty much everything imaginable, and really should be dead, or at the very least, have serious mental/emotional issues. Anyway, I always wondered how I could pass on encouragement to others who are where I was, so I always tossed around the idea of writing.
62

News Item8/28/13 9:21 PM
William Simpson | USA  Contact via emailFind all comments by William Simpson
Preach the Gospel! Those who will live godly lives will suffer persecution.

I wrote an entire chapter in my book addressing how the government is using the homosexual agenda to restrict free speech for the intent to criminalize Christian expression in America. I was told that my opinion was crazy and bigoted. Well, hate to say I told you so...

61

News Item8/28/13 3:22 PM
Anne | The Wild West  Find all comments by Anne
Dorcas said, "Only a sovereign work of grace opens the eyes of these people.
To that end is our prayers offered up daily to the throne of grace."

Amen!

60

News Item8/28/13 2:27 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Unfortunately his brother isn't saved either, by the way, John Y., could be a friend of mine, but never a brother in Christ, because he's a pagan.

1 Corinthians 13
11 When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I shall know fully just as I also have been fully known.
Hebrews 5
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.---NASB

Now, the verses in Hebrews can only be partly applied to John Y., because they were addressed to believers, though rather unsteady ones--and John isn't.

It is just as well John Y., in his present state is not going to a true Bible church, because they would have to discipline him for heresy.

59

News Item8/28/13 12:57 PM
Dorcas | USA  Find all comments by Dorcas
Very well said US ....speaking from experience in this matter all our family are RC and in talking with them they are in total bondage and are brainwashed by this apostate religion that mimics Christianity.
Only a sovereign work of grace opens the eyes of these people.
To that end is our prayers offered up daily to the throne of grace.
58

News Item8/28/13 12:30 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Y, first my apologies for stating friend instead of brother, thanks for the correction.

The facts still remain. By your own admission you have been a long standing member of the RCC. You heard countless messages from the priest. Yet it was not until you received a tract from a concerned brother, that you state that your "conversion" took place. If all Catholics are believers, why did you not see your need of Christ until a protestant shared a tract with you? Doesn't it stand to reason that all the other Catholics are like you? Catholic doctrine teaches that apart from the "church" and taking mass, you will not find a home in heaven. Because you refuse to leave the Catholic Church, your actions say you don't believe you will obtain heaven apart from partaking of the "Scriptural" parts of the mass. Even in your upcoming days of fame, fortune and farming, you have not expressed that a new local assembly that is non-Catholic will meet your needs. Thus we say that until you leave the Catholic church you cannot make your calling and election sure, because it shows you are still dependent upon the work of man instead of the finished work of Christ. You can't even give a reason as to why you cannot leave the Catholic Church.

57

News Item8/28/13 10:07 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Thanks Michael. Man, I couldn't care less what anyone on this planet has to say and I would NEVER just take someones word, no matter who they might be, as gospel; especially when it comes to doctrine, eternity, etc. Very dangerous way to gather "truth".
Verify, verify, verify. God gave us His word for this a reason.
56

News Item8/28/13 9:46 AM
Y'what  Find all comments by Y'what
John Yurich USA wrote:
My Born Again Non Denominational brother believes that anybody who worships Jesus is a True believer and not an unbeliever because he is not off of his rocker and not insane. The late D. James Kennedy Presbyterian minister from Fort Lauderdale, Florida believed that anybody who worships Jesus as God is a True believer and not an unbeliever because he was not off of his rocker.
Yada, yada, yada.....

You are so blind that you'd rather believe fallible men and not the bible. Says it all, I think!

55

News Item8/28/13 8:29 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Christopher000 wrote:
Resting all that we believe on whatever comes from the mouths of error prone, sin filled men to make ourselves feel comfortable is an eternally unwise method of gathering "truth" to shape our beliefs around. Whether it be Kennedy, Luther, a loved one, or the almighty Pope, nothing that spews out from the mouths of men trumps God's own words.
Christopher000
Amen! and Amen!
If we receive the witness of men the witness of God is greater (far greater! and it is The TRUTH! btw)

Your posts touches on how men make their own standards and interests to be better and superior to the God they profess to worship.

Jesus reproved those who worshipped in vain, the ones holding to and teaching for doctrine the precepts of men.

IMHO there are some people who actually knows this and for whatever reason rebel against admitting it BECAUSE to admit the Truth would demand a surrendering to the Truth of the word of God, which would mean they would need to admit the RCC is a very false church, repent from promoting her and leave the RCC they loves so much and actually join with those non-Catholic saved people, repenting of their pride, to really believe and live by the Bible as they, by the grace of God are seeking to do.

54

News Item8/28/13 7:36 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Pope John Paul II while speaking to a gathering of the world's spiritual leaders which included Imams, buddists, Shintoists, Taoists, African witch doctors, etc, said (paraphrasing):

We all worship the same god, we just have different ways of doing it; different way of getting to Heaven.

Resting all that we believe on whatever comes from the mouths of error prone, sin filled men to make ourselves feel comfortable is an eternally unwise method of gathering "truth" to shape our beliefs around. Whether it be Kennedy, Luther, a loved one, or the almighty Pope, nothing that spews out from the mouths of men trumps God's own words.

Given the Popes own words, the many false and fatal doctrines, rituals, the diefcation of Mary, the worship of inanimate objects, priestly forgiveness of sins, the lie of Purgatory, and the list goes on, I have a lot of difficulty believing that we worship the same God. Seems more like a dimished, weakened, subservient version in which Mary is the true power. This can easily be proven using Romes own word's, by the way

53

News Item8/28/13 6:57 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
John Y
If indeed Dr. Kennedy said what you say he said (I cannot find it on the web) and your born again non-denominational friend told you that anybody who worships Jesus is True believer, let me assure you they are wrong. We know from Scripture that EVERY knee shall bow and EVERY tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God, however the vast majority of those who do that in that day are NON believers. The Bible says MANY say Lord Lord have we not done many wonderful works in YOUR name, and they hear those dreaded words depart from me I NEVER knew you.
D. James Kennedy stated on a cassette tape that I own that anybody who worships Jesus as God is a True believer. And it is my Non Denominational brother and not a friend who states that anybody who worships Jesus as God is a True believer. Luther didn't even believe that Catholics are unbelievers and he knew Catholic doctrine inside and out.
52

News Item8/27/13 8:20 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Y
If indeed Dr. Kennedy said what you say he said (I cannot find it on the web) and your born again non-denominational friend told you that anybody who worships Jesus is True believer, let me assure you they are wrong. We know from Scripture that EVERY knee shall bow and EVERY tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God, however the vast majority of those who do that in that day are NON believers. The Bible says MANY say Lord Lord have we not done many wonderful works in YOUR name, and they hear those dreaded words depart from me I NEVER knew you.

II Peter 2:20-22 (KJV) "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire."

You argument here is not with me, for whom I to say what I think matters, it is with the Word of God. Flee the wrath to come.

51

News Item8/27/13 6:44 PM
  
"And they smote Him on the head with a reed, and did spit upon Him, and bowing their knees worshiped Him."
Mark 15:19.

Reminds me of the way the romanists pretend to worship our blessed Lord and Redeemer.

50

News Item8/27/13 5:52 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Y'what wrote:
Only true believers can worship silly, and since Catholics do not believe in justification by faith alone, they cannot be true believers. As for whom THEY worship as unbelievers. only your ignorance blinds you from seeing that it is not the true God, but a god of their own fashioning.
My Born Again Non Denominational brother believes that anybody who worships Jesus is a True believer and not an unbeliever because he is not off of his rocker and not insane. The late D. James Kennedy Presbyterian minister from Fort Lauderdale, Florida believed that anybody who worships Jesus as God is a True believer and not an unbeliever because he was not off of his rocker.
49

News Item8/27/13 5:47 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
The Bible reminds us that the apostle Paul reasoned with those who were lost about righteousness, temperance and the judgment to come. We are command to give the gospel. I fully acknowledge, unlike J4J, that unless God opens the understanding of the lost and quickens them, they will never be saved. Nevertheless, the truth must be put forth. I and many others are trying to show a person their need to turn to Christ and be saved before it is eternally to late. To not trust a false profession but call upon the Lord while He is near. As C H Spurgeon said, "Believe me, it is no child’s play to “make your calling and election sure.” The world is full of counterfeits, and swarms with panderers to carnal self-conceit..." Eternal destiny hangs in the balances. SteveR, you are more concerned about holding your (incorrect)doctrinal position than to see a soul saved from eternal damnation. I suggest you seriously ponder this matter. The one who you should be condemning in your post is in your mirror.
48

News Item8/27/13 5:39 PM
Y'what  Find all comments by Y'what
SteveR wrote:
I never said they did it well, but they clearly worship the ONLY GOD.
Only true believers can worship silly, and since Catholics do not believe in justification by faith alone, they cannot be true believers. As for whom THEY worship as unbelievers. only your ignorance blinds you from seeing that it is not the true God, but a god of their own fashioning.
47

News Item8/27/13 4:38 PM
illiterate  Find all comments by illiterate
SteveR wrote:
Each time you repackage this argument, you sound more & more foolish. By attending Church (RCC or Evangelical) he fulfills
Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Remaining there doesnt mean he doesnt have true faith. Just because you hate the RCC, doesnt mean it isnt a gathering place of believers.
The man is illiterate and a spiritually blind hater of God's true people!! He'll have his comeuppance one day.

The verse he cites reads "Let us...." Who does the "us" refer to? To unregenerate idolators in the RCC?

46

News Item8/27/13 3:32 PM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Xrc wrote:
Amen!..MH!
He just spews his false beliefs every time he posts.
Wish he would find a RC blog where he could peddle his love of the roman religion.
You think I 'spew' here, you cant begin to imagine the scorched earth policy I have had to lay down with anti Protestant Catholics
45

News Item8/27/13 3:30 PM
Xrc  Find all comments by Xrc
Amen!..MH!
He just spews his false beliefs every time he posts.
Wish he would find a RC blog where he could peddle his love of the roman religion.
44

News Item8/27/13 3:24 PM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Michael Hranek wrote:
Are you so sure?
Is that your final answer?
Because the Offical Leadership and Teaching of the RCC
CCC 841 say they and Muslims worship the same god
or if you perfer some Catholics their Popes included make is very clear they worship the RC Mary Perpetual Virgin Queen of Heaven
and let's not forget the lifeless piece of bread idol where their Jesus is in their tummies for about 15 minutes until he disolves.
If anyone is in danger of hell fire sadly it is precious Catholic people deceived by their 'church'.
I never said they did it well, but they clearly worship the ONLY GOD.
43
There are a total of 62 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 | last
Last PostTotal
Christian Holocaust Underway in Iraq
jessica dawson from canada: "may god give us the strength to pray for our sisters..."
-21 min 14 
Fate of Presbyterian Church USA Effort to Redefine Marriage to...
rodney k. from tn: " john yurich usa correct. the catholic church is against..."
-51 min 
Christians Responsible for Most 'Hateful Internet Speech,'...
nrc: "hey guys enough already! maybe this would be better handled by pm than a..."
-2 hrs 72 


Holy Holy Holy

Bill Parker
Living & Walking in the Spirit

Galatians 5:19-26
Sunday Service
13th Street Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Jon Couch
Grumblers And Complainers

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

Scott T. Brown
How God Judges the Nations

Hope Baptist Church
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

See what Paul Washer calls the most useful Bible study tool in hist­ory. Click here!
www.puritandownloads.com/pa..

Sermon:
When The Power Is Out
E. A. Johnston






                   
If you fall, don't give up, get up! ... Anonymous

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV New!
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch New!
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.