members, click to sign in..

4,481 active users!!Bandwidth
TUESDAY
JUL 22, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -2 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  7/22/2014
TUESDAY, JUN 25, 2013  |  30 comments
Pope 'snub' of concert stuns cardinals, sends signal

A last-minute no-show by Pope Francis at a concert where he was to have been the guest of honor has sent another clear signal that he is going to do things his way and does not like the Vatican high life.

"It took us by surprise," said one Vatican source on Monday. "We are still in a period of growing pains. He is still learning how to be pope and we are still learning how he wants to do it."

"In Argentina, they probably knew not to arrange social events like concerts for him because he probably wouldn't go," said the source, who spoke anonymously because he is not authorized to discuss the issue.

The picture of the empty chair was used in many Italian papers, with Monday's Corriere della Sera newspaper calling his decision "a show of force" to illustrate the simple style he wants Church officials to embrace. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.reuters.com

Is Roman Catholic Christian?
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  1988 Catholicism Radio Debate • Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley | 10/1/1988
•  Witnessing to a Roman Catholic • Dr. John Barnett | 9/19/1999
•  Is Roman Catholic Christian?Dr. Alan Cairns | 8/3/2009

   07/14/14  |  Pope Francis: 'About 2%' of Catholic clergy paedophiles • 6 comments
   07/12/14  |  Pope Francis to visit evangelical pastor from Buenos Aires • 9 comments
   07/11/14  |  Pope Francis Meets US Televangelists • 45 comments
   07/08/14  |  Pope Francis Expresses 'Deep Pain and Suffering' With Priest Sex... • 5 comments
   07/03/14  |  Vatican gives thumbs up for exorcist association • 8 comments
MORE RELATED ( POPE ) NEWS | MORE..
   07/22/14  |  Christian Holocaust Underway in Iraq • 12 comments
   07/21/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.5.8 for Android Mobile... • 50 comments
   07/20/14  |  Christians Responsible for Most 'Hateful Internet Speech,' Says... • 69 comments
   07/19/14  |  Family Behind Hobby Lobby Has New Project: Bible Museum • 3 comments
   07/17/14  |  Passenger Jet Shot Down Over Ukraine • 24 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   07/22/14  |  IRS to monitor churches for electioneering • 10 comments
   07/22/14  |  UPenn Professor: accreditation of religious schools a 'scandal' • 6 comments
   07/22/14  |  Fate of Presbyterian Church USA Effort to Redefine Marriage to... • 6 comments
   07/22/14  |  Perry to Deploy National Guard Troops to Mexican Border • 1 comments
   07/22/14  |  Christian Holocaust Underway in Iraq • 12 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 30 user comment(s)
News Item6/28/13 10:08 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Jim Wrote:
"John Y., you should think about the The Missing Commandment, the one that is almost missing in Romish theology"

Yes, I always forget about this. I am well familiar with their reason for doing this, but the rest of us know that it simply doesn't fit alongside their views of Queen Mary and the saints. This was omitted, never thinking that the world would one day have their own Bibles to read. They never imagined that they would be taken to task or exposed for the many false dictrines, rituals, etc.

30

News Item6/27/13 2:16 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John Y., Is the Roman Catholic Church Polytheistic? (PDF), the writer of this is an ex-Catholic who is now a Baptist pastor and so you are wrong on a knowledgeable evangelical doesn't know what he is talking about. Oh, and another article of his,
Greg Durel wrote:
The prayer life of the Roman Catholic is quite different from the Bible believing Christian. The predominant prayer in the life of almost any catholic is the “Hail Mary.” It goes like this: “HAIL MARY FULL OF GRACE, THE LORD IS WITH THEE. BLESSED ART THOU AMONG WOMEN AND BLESSED IS THE FRUIT OF THY WOMB, JESUS. HOLY MARY, MOTHER OF GOD, PRAY FOR US SINNERS, NOW AND AT THE HOUR OF OUR DEATH. AMEN.”
He looks over this blasphemous from the Biblical point of view, Hail Mary? (PDF) You really need to worry about, Hyperdulia, John Y.

John Y., you should think about the The Missing Commandment, the one that is almost missing in Romish theology.

29

News Item6/26/13 7:25 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Let's say real Jim didn't have the mental wherewithall to examine anything at a rudimentary level. Let's say real Jim didn't have the mental capacity to utilize logic, anaylize, or comprehend much of anything that really mattered...yet, even though he operated at a diminished level of intelligence or mental fortitude himself, he ran around poking people who are stupid. Let's say real Jim was bald, but he ran around poking fun of others who were losing their hair. Let's say real Jim were missing a leg but always made fun of whoever lost a foot race. These types of scenarios always bother me because they are so frustrating...if ya get my drift.
28

News Item6/26/13 7:12 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
US, good points in your last post. I find it interesting that anyone would so vehemently defend the Roman machine while, at the same time, walk on eggshells, being so careful not to take part in the unscriptural parts of the mass. I also find it interesting that someone defending the Roman machine had to venture outside if its walls to "find" Christ.
John uses some big words which I think make him feel superior in some way; fooling him into thinking he has risen above, has an edge, and just can't be wrong. That, along with his evangelical brother-in-law convincing him that we are intolerant, Catholic bashing haters, has him locked into this perpetual loop that nobody can penetrate...no matter how much concrete, hardcore, bonafide evidence you all provide. I compare it to someone trying to convince me that the sky is red when I can look up and clearly see that it is blue. But they're like, "Nope...it's red".
27

News Item6/25/13 9:30 PM
Chris Frost | Indiana  Find all comments by Chris Frost
Don't catholics pray to pretty much everyone BUT God? All the saints, Mary, etc and whatever. Sounds pretty polytheistic to me. Regardless of the Apostles Creed or whatever other writings were put out by the church fathers, you will know them by their fruits.
26

News Item6/25/13 5:02 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
Nobody in their mind believes that Catholics are polytheistic. Even the most Anti Catholic Evangelical Protestant ministers don't have the insane notion that Catholics are polytheistic. A rudimentary examination of the Apostles Creed and other Catholic would reveal to anyone who utilizes logical, analytical and comprehension abilities that Catholics are monotheistic and believe in the One True God of the Bible Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Me thinks this is somewhat an exercise in futility but here goes.

Just trying to understand, because unless I am missing what you are trying to say, you are contending that Catholics worship the historic biblical Jesus in their services. If that is true, how is that you, per your testimony, did not come into a relationship with the biblical Jesus until you read a tract from a non-Catholic source? Then,if you did start that relationship with the biblical Jesus that the Catholics worship, why do you have to abstain from certain parts of the Catholic service? After all they worship the same biblical Jesus that you do. Things are just not adding up here.

25

News Item6/25/13 4:48 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Mike wrote:
Rev 22:20 says "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."
This has not happened yet. Until it does, his will won't be done on earth *as it is in heaven*(key) When it does, will not every knee bow? But that time is not yet, for the corruption we see everywhere is not what he has in mind. If what we see about is his will, would he not have to change his mind about it?
Men are allowed to sin, for now, but as you know the sin is not God's will. "Thy will be done" is a call for him to end mans will, which won't happen fully until he returns.
Glad you got your wheels back.
Hmmmmm, thanks Mike. I had not thought of that. So if I get your drift the request "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done..." is referring to the second advent, which would tally quite nicely with the prayer at the end of the Bible, "Even so, come Lord Jesus."

Well I shall just have to ponder that thought.

24

News Item6/25/13 4:33 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Catholics are polytheistic.
Nobody in their mind believes that Catholics are polytheistic. Even the most Anti Catholic Evangelical Protestant ministers don't have the insane notion that Catholics are polytheistic. A rudimentary examination of the Apostles Creed and other Catholic would reveal to anyone who utilizes logical, analytical and comprehension abilities that Catholics are monotheistic and believe in the One True God of the Bible Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
23

News Item6/25/13 4:24 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
John UK wrote:
"...how then is God going to make it happen, if it is not already happening. For example, will he prevent men from sinning, and take away their freedom to choose to sin? When we pray, "Thy will be done", are we giving God permission to do whatever it takes to force men into doing his will? Serious questions, bro, I'm not trying to be cute.
p.s. You remember my old 1998 Suzuki Baleno Auto? I just got it back from the garage with yet another full year's MOT certificate, which means it is fully roadworthy and legal to take out on the road. Wa Hey!
---
Rev 22:20 says "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

This has not happened yet. Until it does, his will won't be done on earth *as it is in heaven*(key) When it does, will not every knee bow? But that time is not yet, for the corruption we see everywhere is not what he has in mind. If what we see about is his will, would he not have to change his mind about it?

Men are allowed to sin, for now, but as you know the sin is not God's will. "Thy will be done" is a call for him to end mans will, which won't happen fully until he returns.

Glad you got your wheels back.

22

News Item6/25/13 2:57 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Considering Catholics are polytheistic, q.v., Is the Roman Catholic Church Polytheistic? (PDF). The Romish Church has 4 main Gods and many lesser ones as well.

"I'm so humble, so terribly humble!" Pope Uriah Francis Heep. This Jesuit, doesn't meet the standards of Requirements of Every High Priest Roman Catholic Authority (PDF) is based on a falsehood, as is even the idea of a pope, q.v., The Papacy.

21

News Item6/25/13 2:31 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
So,just trying to understand, if a Muslim took the time to write out a Christian hymn that had a good message, does that mean he worships the biblical Lord Jesus? If a JW writes a song that could be sung in Evangelical Churches does that now mean that they worship the biblical Lord Jesus because they wrote an acceptable hymn? Because the president says God bless planned parenthood does that mean it is a Christian blessing? If the unsaved sing Amazing Grace or quote the "Lord's prayer" does that make them a true believer?
A Muslim or a JW would never write a Christian hymn praising the Lord Jesus Christ because they deny that Jesus is God. But Catholics have never denied that Jesus is God. The answer to your last question is if someone has not embraced Jesus as their Savior but they accept that Jesus is God then they are not a Born Again Christian but they are a believer and not an unbeliever.
20

News Item6/25/13 1:48 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
So,just trying to understand, if a Muslim took the time to write out a Christian hymn that had a good message, does that mean he worships the biblical Lord Jesus? If a JW writes a song that could be sung in Evangelical Churches does that now mean that they worship the biblical Lord Jesus because they wrote an acceptable hymn? Because the president says God bless planned parenthood does that mean it is a Christian blessing? If the unsaved sing Amazing Grace or quote the "Lord's prayer" does that make them a true believer?
19

News Item6/25/13 1:12 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
How many Evangelical Protestants on here like the hymn To Jesus Christ Our Sovereign King? In case you guys don't know it that hymn was written by a Catholic Priest in the 1940's. And then you guys state that Catholics don't worship the biblical Lord Jesus Christ the King of Kings and Lord of Lords?
18

News Item6/25/13 11:22 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Mike wrote:
John, the reason we pray "thy will be done on earth" is that is what the hope is for to happen. If all that happens on the earth is already his will, then mouthing the words "thy will be done on earth" falls into the vain repetition category. We pray for this because it isn't being fully done, not because it is.
Mike, I would greatly appreciate it if you would tell me how then is God going to make it happen, if it is not already happening. For example, will he prevent men from sinning, and take away their freedom to choose to sin? When we pray, "Thy will be done", are we giving God permission to do whatever it takes to force men into doing his will? Serious questions, bro, I'm not trying to be cute.

p.s. You remember my old 1998 Suzuki Baleno Auto? I just got it back from the garage with yet another full year's MOT certificate, which means it is fully roadworthy and legal to take out on the road. Wa Hey!
_________

JPW, when you say Good Day! with an exclamation mark, it sounds like when you are getting rid of someone at the front door, like a salesman or whatever. Just sayin', that's how it appears to me. You could try:

Good Day.

17

News Item6/25/13 11:02 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
John UK wrote:
However, I do firmly believe in unconditional election which, to my mind, means an election not based upon anything in the man, nor in the man's spouse, nor in the man's friends, nor in circumstances, nor in his genealogy, nor in any prayers of men. It is God's prerogative, unswayed by the desires of his creature.
John UK
Okay them let me encourage you to persever and press on to know our Sovereign Lord better and let that knowledge, Scripturally and Experientially aid you in praying in faith according to His will, and yes, your well-being and joy as well.
16

News Item6/25/13 11:01 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
John UK wrote:
---
Now you know that I know little about prayer, as I have mentioned it many times, but here is the best prayer of all surely....
"Thy will be done on earth..."
It is an acknowledging of the fact that God does have a will, and that I, as a saved sinner, am content for him to do that will upon the earth.
But alas, it is one the hardest prayers to pray. Unless one has perfect trust in God, and is at perfect peace as to whatever he may bring to pass.
This is why the words of Job, "Blessed be the name of the Lord" fill me with admiration, as he settled for God's will.
John, the reason we pray "thy will be done on earth" is that is what the hope is for to happen. If all that happens on the earth is already his will, then mouthing the words "thy will be done on earth" falls into the vain repetition category. We pray for this because it isn't being fully done, not because it is.
15

News Item6/25/13 10:07 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
John UK,
...........
Remember Paul said his hearts desire and prayer for Israel is that they would be saved. Even if you don't allow for the above, God does work through means, including the prayers of his children for the salvation of souls. If I am misreading what you are saying, my humble apologies
US, I would hope never to discourage anyone from praying that God would save souls. After all, it is God's will to save. "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners".

However, I do firmly believe in unconditional election which, to my mind, means an election not based upon anything in the man, nor in the man's spouse, nor in the man's friends, nor in circumstances, nor in his genealogy, nor in any prayers of men. It is God's prerogative, unswayed by the desires of his creature.

It does not bear thinking that souls are lost because of lack of prayer from other saved sinners.

And I am merely thinking out loud, off the top of my head.

14

News Item6/25/13 9:53 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
"Michelle"
13

News Item6/25/13 9:52 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Unprophetable Servant Wrote:
"we believe that God inhabits eternity past, present, and future then there is the possibility that in answer to the fervent prayer of Christopher for his wife's salvation that God in eternity past can still choose her from before the foundation of the world."

THANK YOU! ...for not forgetting her or ceasing.

12

News Item6/25/13 9:44 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Michael Hranek wrote:
Brother John
If I ever start praying for The Devil to be saved, please do rebuke me soundly.
But as for praying for (asking God to save) the "human devils" who are serving Satan please remember to encourage me in my faith that nothing is impossible with God
Bro, I know you are a saint who believes in being led by the Spirit, so that if you have it on your heart to pray into a particular situation, then I am sure you will pray more fervently as a righteous man, and have more expectation of a good result, than if you merely went to God with a shopping list of souls to pray for.

Now you know that I know little about prayer, as I have mentioned it many times, but here is the best prayer of all surely....

"Thy will be done on earth..."

It is an acknowledging of the fact that God does have a will, and that I, as a saved sinner, am content for him to do that will upon the earth.

But alas, it is one the hardest prayers to pray. Unless one has perfect trust in God, and is at perfect peace as to whatever he may bring to pass.

This is why the words of Job, "Blessed be the name of the Lord" fill me with admiration, as he settled for God's will.

11
There are a total of 30 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
Christians Responsible for Most 'Hateful Internet Speech,'...
pursuitoftruthsorry for usig the word pi*sed. i was typing quickly, i was agitated, and i wasn't thinking of that word as a four letter word.: "i just saw your post michael hranek, so at least you acknowledge that i appologized, so i can sctratch that out of my former post. have a blessed day!"
-49 sec 69 
IRS to monitor churches for electioneering
barry from ky from northern ky.: "wouldn't it be funny if the 'informants' that..."
-19 min 10 
Christian Holocaust Underway in Iraq
pennned: "dolores, saddam had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11."
-2 hrs 12 


Audio Bible: Jeremiah 22

Bill Parker
Living & Walking in the Spirit

Galatians 5:19-26
Sunday Service
13th Street Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Jon Couch
Grumblers And Complainers

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

Scott T. Brown
How God Judges the Nations

Hope Baptist Church
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

See what Paul Washer calls the most useful Bible study tool in hist­ory. Click here!
www.puritandownloads.com/pa..

Sermon: America: A Christian Nation
Dr. D. James Kennedy






                   
If you fall, don't give up, get up! ... Anonymous

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV New!
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch New!
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.