members, click to sign in..

3,083 active users!!Bandwidth
SATURDAY
JUL 26, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -43 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  7/26/2014
FRIDAY, JUN 14, 2013  |  35 comments  |  1 commentary
Obama Threatens Veto of Religious Protection for Military

Breitbart News reported last week that Rep. John Fleming (R-LA) passed an amendment in the House Armed Services Committee protecting religious speech of service members in the military. President Barack Obama has now threatened to veto the bill if it passes the full House and Senate.

The White House released a Statement of Administration Policy (SAP) on H.R. 1960, the National Defense Authorization Act of 2014. Among other items, the SAP includes as an objection to the bill:

Expansion and Implementation of Protection of Rights of Conscience of Members of the Armed Forces and Chaplains of Such Members: The Administration strongly objects to section 530, which would require the Armed Forces to accommodate, except in cases of military necessity, ‚Äúactions and speech‚ÄĚ reflecting the ‚Äúconscience, moral principles, or religious beliefs of the member.‚ÄĚ By limiting the discretion of commanders to ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.breitbart.com

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Obama Opposes Religion • 1,330+
Kevin Swanson | Generations Radio
Play! | RSS

   10/07/13  |  Give Us This Day, Our Daily Senate Scolding • 1 comments
   08/14/13  |  Military chaplains weathering 'front wave' of culture shift • 1 comments
   07/26/13  |  Chaplain Ordered to Remove Religious Essay From Military Website • 5 comments
   06/11/13  |  Air Force Removes Video that Mentions God • 11 comments
   05/01/13  |  Military Chaplains Must Contend With 'Hate Speech' Accusations;... • 4 comments
MORE RELATED ( CHAPLAINS ) NEWS | MORE..
   07/25/14  |  Here's what Wisconsin looks like covered in millions of flies • 9 comments
   07/25/14  |  New Law Led to Statewide Drop in Abortions • 1 comments
   07/23/14  |  Obamacare Takes Devastating Blow as Appeals Court Throws Out Key... • 14 comments
   07/22/14  |  Christian Holocaust Underway in Iraq • 21 comments
   07/21/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.5.8 for Android Mobile... • 50 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   07/25/14  |  Here's what Wisconsin looks like covered in millions of flies • 9 comments
   07/25/14  |  Rand Paul Veers Off Party Line on Sentencing, Voting Rights • 1 comments
   07/25/14  |  FEC chair warns of chilling regulations, book ban on... • 2 comments
   07/25/14  |  Newspaper Editor Fired for Criticizing Pro-Gay Bible Files... • 1 comments
   07/25/14  |  Meet the Hamas billionaires • 7 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 35 user comment(s)
News Item6/22/13 10:10 AM
jpw  Find all comments by jpw
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
The Catholic Church killed hundreds of thousands of believers.
seriously? this is the test of a false church? that it participates in the killing and diaspora of believers for the sake of its political system?

....uh oh.

35

News Item6/22/13 9:25 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
The Catholic Church killed hundreds of thousands of believers. The Lord Jesus said he that is not with me is AGAINST me, therefore the Catholics do not worship the true Lord Jesus Christ as presented in Holy Scripture.

The Catholic church has kept and continues to keep people in the dark as to the truths of the gospel. The Lord Jesus is light and in Him is no darkness, thus the Catholics do not worship the true Lord Jesus Christ as presented in Holy Scripture.

The Lord Jesus came to proclaim the truth that makes men free and the Catholic church keeps men in the shackles of sin and bondage by keeping them from the gospel. Yet again showing the Catholics do not worship the true Lord Jesus Christ as presented in Holy Scripture.

The true Christians worship the Lord Jesus as the risen Savior who sits at the right hand of God interceding for His saints, the RCC worships a helpless Jesus still on a cross who needs the aide of Mary. Why? Because the Catholics do not worship the true Lord Jesus Christ as presented in Holy Scripture.

The Bible says that Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and Man, the RCC says Mary and priest fulfill that role, yet more proof that the Catholics do not worship the true Lord Jesus Christ as presented in Holy Scripture.

34

News Item6/20/13 7:27 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Unprofitable Servant, During the Mormon worship services there is no mention of the biblical Jesus let alone worship of the biblical Jesus. And there are no readings from the Bible during the Mormon worship services. And then you have the audacity to state that the quote from the Mormon site is orthodox about Jesus. At least the Catholic Church in the Mass mentions the biblical Jesus, worships the biblical Jesus and has readings from the Bible. There are notoriously Anti-Catholic Evangelical Protestant ministers who state that the Catholic Church worships the biblical Jesus and not a False jesus because they are utilizing their comprehension abilities and not their hatred for the Catholic Church to examine Catholic teaching pertaining to the biblical Jesus.
33

News Item6/20/13 4:53 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
Unprofitable Servant, That quote from the Mormon site is not orthodox because the scriptures they are alluding to are not the Bible but the Book of Mormon...
Really, John, not trying to be degrading but that is weak even if were true. Here are the list of books, per the table of contents, in the book of Mormon. Nephi, Jacob, Enos, Omni, Words of Mormon, Jarom, Mosiah, Alma, Helaman, Ether and Moroni. No Isaiah or Psalms (and no apocryphal books either) Also, the Mormons use, alas, the KJV. So, maybe you would like to try again with a response to if the Mormons have a creed that says Jesus Christ is Son of God and you correctly point out that just because they SAY that does not mean they worship the historical Lord Jesus Christ, how is that ANY different from the RCC has a creed that says they worship Jesus as the son of God as being PROOF they believe in the historical Lord Jesus Christ? Just trying to be consistent in the application of the standard YOU created.
32

News Item6/20/13 3:36 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Unprofitable Servant, That quote from the Mormon site is not orthodox because the scriptures they are alluding to are not the Bible but the Book of Mormon. Therefore the Jesus in that quote from the Mormon site is the false jesus from the Book of Mormon. Why would anybody believe that quote from the Mormon site is orthodox? The only holy book the Catholic Church has is the Bible. Therefore the Jesus the Catholic Church worships is the biblical Jesus. I have always worshipped the biblical Jesus as He is the one I pray to at bedtime.
31

News Item6/19/13 3:46 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
All I hear are crickets after that post. Not surprising.
30

News Item6/19/13 9:51 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
Unprofitable Servant, Why do you keep stating that lie that the Mormon creed states that Mormons believe in and worship the biblical and historical Jesus? ..
Ok, let us see if we can get a perspective on this John Yurich. First, let me say I have never said that the Mormons believe in the historical Christ of Scripture. The quote,

Jesus Christ is the literal Son of God. His birth, life, death, and resurrection fulfilled the many prophecies contained in the scriptures concerning the coming of a Savior. He was the Creator, He is our Savior, and He will be our Judge (see Isaiah 9:6, 53:3-7; Psalms 22:16-18).

is taken directly from the Mormon site, not what some says about Mormon belief and is quite orthodox.

You keep quoting a Catholic Creed that states they believe in Jesus as the only Son of God as "proof" that Catholics have always worshiped the historic Jesus, I am saying that is NO proof, just as the quote from the Mormon site you quite correctly point out is NO proof they believe in the historic Jesus. The RCC, just like the Mormons, worship a Jesus of their own making, no statement of faith changes that fact.

29

News Item6/19/13 7:42 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
SteveR wrote:
Good Morning Chris
The jesus of JWs and Mormons is a creation, not THE Creator.
AND the "Baby Jesus" and lifeless piece of bread Jesus of the rcc is not???
28

News Item6/19/13 7:38 AM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Christopher000 wrote:
I don't know enough about the JW's or the Mormon cults to comment in them. Some, but I don't know how they view Christ.
Good Morning Chris
The jesus of JWs and Mormons is a creation, not THE Creator. When they show up at your door, cut through their sales pitch and semantics by discussing the Trinity. If you are prepared, they should leave your doorstep too defeated to bother any of your neighbors
27

News Item6/19/13 7:26 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
I don't know enough about the JW's or the Mormon cults to comment in them. Some, but I don't know how they view Christ.
26

News Item6/19/13 7:20 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Can sooo many people who are using nothing but the Bible and Romes own words as their defense, really be so very wrong, John? You are stuck in a tunnel, refusing, or just not getting the big picture. They worship Christ as their Lord and Savior in theory, but not in practice. Mary, tradition, and even the Saints in some cases, trump Christ Himself. This can be easily proven, and has many times over, but you never respond to the real facts that everyone has posted over and over. We are not "in sane" because Luther and your brother, or whoever, are in disagreement. The Bible and Romes own traditions and doctrines speak to the truth, not mere, sinful, misguided man who gets some things right but faulters and compromises with others. Everyone here has used the Bible alone to refute the Roman machine and prove beyond any doubt, why anyone who becomes born again, should run.
25

News Item6/19/13 5:38 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Unprofitable Servant, Why do you keep stating that lie that the Mormon creed states that Mormons believe in and worship the biblical and historical Jesus? That is totally false. And it is also false to state that there are any scriptural Mormon doctrines. But the Catholic Church has always believed in and worshipped the biblical and historical Jesus and not a False jesus like some of you claim on here. Luther did not even believe that the Catholic Church worships a False jesus. My brother who is a Born Again Non Denominational Protestant was raised Catholic and knows Catholic doctrine well and yet he does not even believe that Catholics worship a False jesus but believes Catholics worship the biblical and historical Jesus. I am not disputing that the Catholic Church does not teach that salvation comes only through embracing Jesus as ones Personal Savior. But that does not mean that one who is Born Again and attends the Catholic Church is not saved. If one who is Born Again and attends the Catholic Church worships Jesus in their own way during Mass by only participating in the scriptural parts to the Mass then they can't lose their salvation. Baptist doctrine states that one who is Born Again can't lose their salvation for not attending an Evangelical Protestant Church.
24

News Item6/18/13 1:34 PM
Unproiftable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unproiftable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
It is false ...
Ok we will take demons out of the equation. Tell me what the difference is between this statement -- Jesus Christ is the literal Son of God..-- and ---We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ the only Son of God---both statements are orthodox, maintaining that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Therefore, by your own admission, just because it is in the creed doesn't mean that the denomination that makes the statement adheres to what is stated. RCC may talk the talk, but they don't walk the walk, thus they have NEVER worshiped the true Lord Jesus but only one of their own making. Only God can open your eyes to the truth of that statement. It is nice to have friends that believe in you, but none of us stand before any other judgment seat than one occupied by the Lord Jesus Christ. His Word says that whatsoever a man sows that shall he also reap, if you sow corrupt RCC seed you will not reap life everlasting. John, all believers are required to examine themselves whether they be in the faith, until your "faith" leads you to leave the false religion you practice there is no reason to believe it is genuine. I say this with hopeful prayer that you will deeply consider the many admonitions you have been given.
23

News Item6/18/13 12:10 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Please note, that from previous post, 6/17/13 11:33 AM
Unprofitable Servant| Georgia , that the statement on the Mormon site and the testimony of demons, is every bit as orthodox as the creed you quote from the Catholics. Are you saying that because they(Mormons and demons) have an accurate statement then they are to be considered true followers of Christ? Because that is what you are saying about the RCC. I would say all are false and just because they state things accurately in their creed does not give them credibility.
It is false to state that Mormons and JW'S have any biblical beliefs. There are no scriptural doctrines in the Mormon and JW organizations. It is also false to state that Mormons worship Jesus as God. Mentioning the demons is totally superfluous because the demons are not in human form. So it makes no difference what the demons believe because they can never be saved anyway. But Catholics have always worshipped Jesus as God. Luther didn't even believe the false notion that Catholics worship a false jesus. And Luther was Catholic.
22

News Item6/18/13 11:14 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
My Baptist friend and my Non Denominational brother are Born Again. My brother was raised Catholic and knows Catholic doctrine and yet he doesn't state that Catholics worship a False jesus. Luther didn't even state that Catholics worship a False jesus.
Please note, that from previous post, 6/17/13 11:33 AM
Unprofitable Servant| Georgia , that the statement on the Mormon site and the testimony of demons, is every bit as orthodox as the creed you quote from the Catholics. Are you saying that because they(Mormons and demons) have an accurate statement then they are to be considered true followers of Christ? Because that is what you are saying about the RCC. I would say all are false and just because they state things accurately in their creed does not give them credibility.
21

News Item6/18/13 9:04 AM
Brain-o-meter  Find all comments by Brain-o-meter
John Yurich USA wrote:
My Baptist friend and my Non Denominational brother are Born Again. My brother was raised Catholic and knows Catholic doctrine and yet he doesn't state that Catholics worship a False jesus. Luther didn't even state that Catholics worship a False jesus.
What is this automaton doing spamming on this site?
20

News Item6/18/13 8:56 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Christopher000 wrote:
John Y Wrote:
"My Baptist friend and my Non Denominational brother do not believe that Catholics worship a False jesus. They believe that Catholics worship the biblical and historical Jesus because they are not insane."
Ridiculous, and whenever anyone takes this guy to task, using the Bible and Romes own words, he disappears because he's stuck like a broken record on three, same old, same old, statements.
No depth, no knowledge, no defense other than to call anyone who doesn't agree with him insane and infer that they are stupid. Hmmm. What was it that the pot said to the kettle?
My Baptist friend and my Non Denominational brother are Born Again. My brother was raised Catholic and knows Catholic doctrine and yet he doesn't state that Catholics worship a False jesus. Luther didn't even state that Catholics worship a False jesus.
19

News Item6/18/13 8:44 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
John Y Wrote:
"My Baptist friend and my Non Denominational brother do not believe that Catholics worship a False jesus. They believe that Catholics worship the biblical and historical Jesus because they are not insane."

Ridiculous, and whenever anyone takes this guy to task, using the Bible and Romes own words, he disappears because he's stuck like a broken record on three, same old, same old, statements.
No depth, no knowledge, no defense other than to call anyone who doesn't agree with him insane and infer that they are stupid. Hmmm. What was it that the pot said to the kettle?

18

News Item6/17/13 11:33 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Jesus Christ is the literal Son of God. His birth, life, death, and resurrection fulfilled the many prophecies contained in the scriptures concerning the coming of a Savior. He was the Creator, He is our Savior, and He will be our Judge (see Isaiah 9:6, 53:3-7; Psalms 22:16-18). from Mormon.org

John Y, you acknowledge the Mormons don't worship the Jesus of Scripture, yet I see little difference in their statement and the one you quoted from the Catholic creed.

What is the testimony of demons?

See Matthew 8:29, Mark 1:24; 3:11;5:7, Luke 4:34; 4:41 and James 2:19

The devils also acknowledge Jesus as God, are they to be counted as worshipers of the Biblical Christ?

The Jesus the Catholics worship, as pointed out several times, most recently by Corby2 is a god of their own making and not the risen Savior, Almighty God spoken of in the Bible. The devil knows if you mix a little truth in with a lie your "truth" is more believable. It is nevertheless still a lie.

This has nothing to do with liturgy or denominations. It has to do with truth. If the Spirit of God guides into all truth (John 16:13) Then we learn to hate every false way. (Psalm 119:104) Light and darkness know of no mixture. Our prayer to God is that by His grace and for His glory He will save you.

17

News Item6/17/13 10:23 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
John Yurich USA wrote:
If I refrain from participation in the unscriptural parts to the Mass then I am not giving credit and merit to the unscriptural parts to the Mass. I have never stated that one who is Born Again can attend a church that does not worship Jesus as God....or any other religous organization that does not worship Jesus as God. It would be wrong for one who is Born Again to attend a religous organization that does not worship Jesus as God. One who is Born Again should only attend a church that worships Jesus as God. And the Catholic Church has always worshipped Jesus as God.
This is what you are in effect saying, John:

"If I refrain from eating the leavened parts of the loaf, then I am not giving credit and merit to the leavened parts of the loaf. It would be wrong to attend a church where no loaf at all is served. A believer should only attend a church where the loaf is served. The Catholic church has always served the loaf."

1 Corinthians 5:6
"Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?"

You can't separate the loaf of the Mass into acceptable parts, John. You are playing dangerous games.

16
There are a total of 35 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
Patheos: Calvinism = Wahhabism?
michael hranek from endicott, new york: " john for jesus 1)i have qouted a couple..."
-38 min 113 
Pope Calls On Bishops To Revive Christian Faith
jim lincoln from nebraska: "sc, i really plan to get to your comment, right after i..."
-3 hrs 338 
FEC chair warns of chilling regulations, book ban on...
jim lincoln from nebraska: "as i was trying to say, some other more reputable or at..."
-4 hrs 


Daniel's Integrity
Andrew Quigley
Getting On The Road!

Ruth - The Road to Redemption!
Sunday - PM
Airdrie Reformed Presbyterian
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Pastor Alfred J. Chompff
Vipers Seek For a Sign

Reformed Bible Church of S. CA
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Underground Church In America

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Play! | MP3

Blog 7/24/14
Vile and Full of Sin Am I, Thou Art Full...

New York Gospel Mission
som­et­imes i am amazed at the way things work out for...

Sponsor:
Perfect Fulfillments Of Prophecies!

The Rise & Fall Of Islam, & the Papal Ant­ichr­ist, For­et­old In the Book Of Rev­el­at­ion!
ow.ly/zvwsg

Sermon:
Facing our Difficulties
Pastor James Mansfield






                   
Never did a believer in Jesus die or drown in his voyage to heaven. ... Robert Traill

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV New!
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch New!
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.