members, click to sign in..
 
SITE NOTICE | MORE..
Android Version 2.1 Update! We've already released our first update to the Android app which includes auto-retry of playback after network interruption, maps support in tablets, stability fixes, and more! .. click for more info!
 

4,054 active users!!Bandwidth
WEDNESDAY
APR 16, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -42 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 16, 2014 | TIPS Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
COVER Page ALL News CHOICE VIDEOS User COMMENTS
THURSDAY, MAR 7, 2013| 13 comments
BBC uses Easter show about crucifixion to push gay agenda

The BBC will broadcast an Easter programme saying the way Britain treats gay people is like the crucifixion of Jesus.

Critics say the BBC has sunk “to a new low” by using the crucifixion to push a gay rights message.

The programme will be broadcast on Radio 4 as part of a series of lectures in the run up to Easter.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christian.org.uk

   04/15/14  |  U.S. Pro-Family Leader Detained by Canadian Authorities • 1 comments
   03/21/14  |  LGBT Activists Derail Stanford Funding for Marriage Conference • 5 comments
   03/20/14  |  Family Values Are Now Hate Speech • 17 comments
   02/22/14  |  Senators Demand FBI Head Answer Questions About Indictment of... • 1 comments
   11/08/13  |  Warnings over new 'gay,' transgender rights • 1 comments
MORE RELATED ( HATE SPEECH ) NEWS | MORE..
   04/16/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.1 for Android Mobile Devices • 47 comments
   04/16/14  |  As Titanic sank, he pleaded, 'believe in the Lord Jesus!' • 6 comments
   04/13/14  |  Feminists Go Bonkers Over Kirsten Dunst’s One, Simple Comment • 39 comments
   04/13/14  |  U2's Bono Opens Up About Jesus, God And Praying With His Kids • 11 comments
   04/09/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: Kindle Fire + Nook Tablet Version 2.1! • 11 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
   07/27/13  |  3 Dead When Bus Carrying Teens Crashes in Indiana • 34 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   04/16/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.1 for Android Mobile Devices • 47 comments
   04/16/14  |  Bill Nye Says He Wanted to Expose Why Ken Ham and Creationists... • 6 comments
   04/16/14  |  U.S. taxpayers pay to teach Islam
   04/16/14  |  High noon at Bryan College
   04/16/14  |  As Titanic sank, he pleaded, 'believe in the Lord Jesus!' • 6 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 13 user comment(s)
News Item3/7/13 4:29 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Hey Frank, trust all is well. I used to refrain from the use of the phrase because I didn't believe that your soul left your body when you sneezed. However, the more I thought about it, I actually reverted back. (I know--I am such a heathen) The main reason being is that very few people know of it's origin and people we wondering why the guy who said he was a Christian would not invoke a blessing from God. Others may differ, but I started back using the phrase. We celebrate the resurrection of Christ daily as we walk in newness of life, if people are drawn to think about once a year and attend church, that is far better than other things that receive holidays that are celebrated in debauchery.
I'm doing better than I deserve Luke 17:10! Thanks for asking. I'm sure when you say "God bless you" to someone, you aren't doing it in a heathen sense. I wouldn't even ponder what a person meant when they said that. As you know my post was primarily to simply state that we are more culturally led than we might imagine. I remember when I did attend church, I would always skip the holidays because all the unsaved folks showed up and there was no parking places and few places to sit. You are correct!
13

News Item3/7/13 4:04 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
This may sound a bit strange, but even in when I was a kid, throughout my darkest days, and then until now, I have always used great care to only use God's name when speaking of Biblically related topics, prayer, etc. Strange that I was the worst sort of sinner (still am, I guess, but much, much better), yet I held God's name with such high respect that I was careful never to use it in vain. I've never used the GD word, even during the most violent of rages, never said, "God, is it hot", "oh my God", etc...you get the point.
I am going somewhere...when it comes using the phrase "God bless you", I've never in my life said it because I just thought it was ridiculous, for one...meaningless, but the main reason was, of course, because it has God's name within it.
Anyway, I'm just posting this because I think it's very odd that I would spend my life being so very careful not to disrespect or offend God by using His name in vain, foolishly, etc, yet the rest of my life painted a very different story.
12

News Item3/7/13 2:34 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
xCatholic, turn this into a pamphlet, Is A Catholic Christian An Oxymoron? (PDF), it is by an now famous ex-Catholic, and I'm almost certain it has been pamphletized in the past.

You fellows might want to use "gesundheit" it just means "good health."

11

News Item3/7/13 2:28 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Frank wrote:
Rufus, this has nothing to do with the article or your response to it, but it does sort of touch on your response.
Have you every researched the origin of the phrase, "God bless you" after someone sneezes? After I researched it, I sort of said to myself, I won't say that again, but then I find myself doing it sometimes anyway out of a force of habit. I think we would all be amazed at just how much we don't know about the origins of things.
Anne, your comment was very good; thanks.
Hey Frank, trust all is well. I used to refrain from the use of the phrase because I didn't believe that your soul left your body when you sneezed. However, the more I thought about it, I actually reverted back. (I know--I am such a heathen) The main reason being is that very few people know of it's origin and people we wondering why the guy who said he was a Christian would not invoke a blessing from God. Others may differ, but I started back using the phrase. We celebrate the resurrection of Christ daily as we walk in newness of life, if people are drawn to think about once a year and attend church, that is far better than other things that receive holidays that are celebrated in debauchery.
10

News Item3/7/13 2:09 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
xRomanCatholic wrote:
As a former cradle catholic – I spent a lot of time after getting saved studying things I thought I knew. Early in my walk I saw a video from the Truth Project (I don’t know that I fully recommend it – but it did benefit me some) and the question was posed (paraphrasing) Are you sure what you believe is really real? I found myself applying that question to everything I believed and held as truth. It was a painful process at times – but ultimately liberating (truth sets you free right?)
I also was raised RC, but fortunately for me it was in the old days and everything was in Latin. But, I adhere to your thoughts completely. There is no doctrinal issue that I am aware of that I haven't subjected to questioning and then tried to work through what I believe and why I believe it. To say we believe something just because it is proper and orthodox doesn't fool God. Like He asked Peter; "but who do "you" say that I am"?

Good comment; thanks!

9

News Item3/7/13 1:54 PM
xRomanCatholic | free from rome  Find all comments by xRomanCatholic
Frank wrote:
I think we would all be amazed at just how much we don't know about the origins of things.
As a former cradle catholic – I spent a lot of time after getting saved studying things I thought I knew. Early in my walk I saw a video from the Truth Project (I don’t know that I fully recommend it – but it did benefit me some) and the question was posed (paraphrasing) Are you sure what you believe is really real? I found myself applying that question to everything I believed and held as truth. It was a painful process at times – but ultimately liberating (truth sets you free right?)
8

News Item3/7/13 1:52 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Love that remark Chris! ah, but wash your eyes out on this one, Catholic Church: Italy's dwindling congregations. This would be excellent news -- if Christian congregations were growing.

Anyway, twisted reporting is one of the BBC's better known abilities be it about Christianity or Israel, q.v., On U.S. Radio, BBC Reporter Misinforms to Defend Hamas Use of Human Shields

7

News Item3/7/13 1:12 PM
Chris Perver | N. Ireland  Contact via emailFind all comments by Chris Perver
'BBC reaches bottom, then digs...'
6

News Item3/7/13 12:44 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Rufus wrote:
No surprise the BBC would use a pagan "holy day" to promote paganism.
Rufus, this has nothing to do with the article or your response to it, but it does sort of touch on your response.

Have you every researched the origin of the phrase, "God bless you" after someone sneezes? After I researched it, I sort of said to myself, I won't say that again, but then I find myself doing it sometimes anyway out of a force of habit. I think we would all be amazed at just how much we don't know about the origins of things.

Anne, your comment was very good; thanks.

5

News Item3/7/13 9:48 AM
Cliff Leckey | N. Ireland  Find all comments by Cliff Leckey
The bbc stinks from top to bottom
4

News Item3/7/13 8:27 AM
Rufus | Fort Worth, TX  Protected NameFind all comments by Rufus
No surprise the BBC would use a pagan "holy day" to promote paganism.
3

News Item3/7/13 7:49 AM
Anne | The Wild West  Find all comments by Anne
Have you ever wondered how bad it must have been in Noah's time, for God to destroy His creation, "every thought of every man being only evil all the time" if THIS kind of idea is spoken so boldly in OUR time? I think we had all better hold on to our hats... "Do not be deceived. God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows." Gal 6:7
2

News Item3/7/13 6:41 AM
PS | USA  Find all comments by PS
SICK
1
There are a total of 13 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Last PostTotal
Is the Name “Easter” of Pagan Origin?
michael hranek from chickamauga, ga for the moment: " unprofitable servant hey..."
-39 min 15 
Pope Francis: ‘The Devil is Here, Even in the 21st Century’
unprofitable servant from georgia: " mike the verse has nothing to do with..."
-50 min 50 
As Titanic sank, he pleaded, 'believe in the Lord Jesus!'
dorcas from usa: "amazing grace indeed...dolores :thumbsup:"
-2 hrs 


To the Faithful in Christ
Dr. Curt D. Daniel
Conscience

True Spirituality
Sunday Service
Faith Bible Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Eyes That See
Mark Pannell

Jon Couch
Called, Sanctified, Preserved

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Mistakes Of Modern Evangelism

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
Our Lord's Grave

Gospel of John
Shreveport Grace Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Bob Vincent
The Administration of Evil

The Unseen War
Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Robert Rubino
Theonomy versus Apostasy

We Are All Theonomists Now!
Fellowship Baptist Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Don Bell
Why does pain exist?

Lantana Grace Church
Sunday - PM
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Dr. Baucham: "Simply Astonishing!"

Bauch­am: "Any­one who adm­ires the Pur­it­ans simply must have the Pur­itan Hard Driv­e."
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..

Sermon: The Dangers of False Assurance
Ken Jones






                   
Prayer meetings are the throbbing machinery of the church. ... C. H. Spurgeon
Site-Wide RSS & Podcast | Help
Select Podcast Format | Help

HTML Embed | More
Flash Widget | More
Our Staff Picks | Info
Featured Sermon | More

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
ROKU TV
Kindle Reader

FOLLOW
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
HELP
RSS & Podcasts
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Favorites
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

NEWSLETTER
View Latest Issue
Subscribe
Unsubscribe | Change
Privacy Policy
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
QR Codes New!
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes | WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | API | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.
Our Services | Testimonials New!
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads

CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.