members, click to sign in..

4,421 active users!!Bandwidth
SATURDAY
DEC 20, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -1 hrs
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
About | $1 Signup!
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  12/20/2014
SATURDAY, FEB 16, 2013  |  65 comments
Christianity Today: Catholics and Baptists Together
Always the same. While we're all now focused on the change that's about to happen in the Catholic Church as Pope Benedict XVI steps down, the Latin phrase semper eadem—always the same—is often invoked to describe the unchanging character of the Catholic Church.

Certain critics say no real change can take place in the Catholic Church, but change does take place, though it usually happens by indirection, reassessment, and development. The result is what Pope Benedict XVI has called a "hermeneutic of continuity and reform." This was evident in the 2012 Synod of Bishops, convened to consider "The New Evangelization for the Transmission of the Christian Faith."

I participated in this recent synod as a fraternal delegate representing the Baptist World Alliance. The conveners asked the fraternal delegates to make a brief presentation to the synod, offer written comments on the proceedings, and ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianitytoday.com

  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  A New Evangelical Downgrade: 1 • Dr. Peter Masters | 9/28/1996
•  Reformer William Tyndale • Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley | 3/1/1965
•  Failures of the Reformation • Dr. Alan Cairns | 10/24/2004
•  Is the Reformation Over? • Phil Johnson | 3/1/2006

   11/07/14  |  'New era' hailed in Evangelical-Roman Catholic relationships • 64 comments
   09/17/14  |  The Muslim Brotherhood’s Inter-Faith Charade • 1 comments
   06/27/14  |  World Vision tries to shore up its evangelical base • 6 comments
   05/12/14  |  Liberty University's Strange Bedfellows: Benny Hinn; Glenn Beck • 297 comments
   05/09/14  |  Evangelicals and Catholics Together Marks 20 Years • 28 comments
MORE RELATED ( ECUMENICAL ) NEWS | MORE..
   12/13/14  |  US Dept of Education to Schools: Let Students Choose if They Are... • 9 comments
   12/13/14  |  Kentucky Withdraws $18 Million in Tax Breaks for Noah's Ark... • 5 comments
   12/13/14  |  Homeschool mom sues 6 social workers for snatching kids • 4 comments
   12/12/14  |  The Vanishing Male Worker • 27 comments
   12/12/14  |  Even Christians who 'convert' get beheaded • 16 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   12/01/14  |  From Tyndale to Today: A New Study Bible • 34 comments
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 37 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   12/20/14  |  'Hip' church gives biblical Christians new label: 'Hater' • 8 comments
   12/20/14  |  US announces protections for transgender workers • 4 comments
   12/20/14  |  Vicar of Baghdad says that 'Jesus is all we have left' • 2 comments
   12/20/14  |  Pope Francis takes a victory lap after brokering US-Cuba... • 1 comments
   12/20/14  |  Elementary school allows Gideons International to distribute... • 1 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 65 user comment(s)
News Item2/20/13 10:41 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
The View wrote:
Over a very extended period of time, the Lord opened his eyes...

That's great to hear. I totally understand the concept of patience and planting seeds. I don't expect anyone to hear the truth one day, abandon everything they have ever believed, and become born again the next day. I know that it took me a long, long time. My frustration lies in that nobody even seems interested in the facts, no eyebrows get raised, and no questions get asked in the meantime.
If I were Roman Catholic, or believed that my Catholic friends/family were truly saved and then read all of the facts that we have posted, I would be alarmed and it would prompt further investigation since we are talking about eternity and could be gone tomorrow.

To Michael and John: Peter Pan crunchy-ha-ha

65

News Item2/20/13 10:37 AM
optics  Find all comments by optics
Christopher000 wrote:
I've never posted one opinion, just the facts from Romes very own words, teachings, and irrefutable belief system and all I've ever got back was the chirping of crickets. I really don't understand it because it's all so black and white, unmistakable, provable and easy to refute using the Bible alone
When you are posting to Roman Catholics you are posting to people who are blind ....

# Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

# 2Cor 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

# Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

# And remember the point Jesus makes to the "believers??" at Matt 7:21-23.

Only GOD can make the blind to see.

64

News Item2/20/13 10:05 AM
The view from the Long Room  Find all comments by The view from the Long Room
Christopher000 wrote:
What I find really disheartening is that with the length of time I've been on the board, with the several people I've (we've) reached out to on this same topic, and with all of the time I've spent pouring out fact after fact, never once have I been able to get anyone to go "hmmm".
There was somebody on the board once who used a couple of monikers and went by the name of Matt. He started out, much like some still do, claiming to show all of the strengths and faithfulness of the "church" of Rome with modern ecumenical fervour. Over a very extended period of time, the Lord opened his eyes, and he came to a firm grasp of evangelical truth and saw the errors of Romish doctrine clearly.

The Lord is sovereign. Many are called but few are chosen.

63

News Item2/20/13 9:42 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Christopher000 wrote:
What I find really disheartening
Christopher000
Don't be disheartened.
I think we need to get to know our "audience."

A pastor from Albany told a group of people in a class he was teaching on doctrine how when he visited with and witnessed to Catholics that: Roman Catholic PEOPLE loved him BUT Roman Catholic PRIESTS hated him.

I realize he was speaking in a general sense but it reminds me there are certain individuals who are not here on SermonAudio to learn and grow in the knowledge of the Truth (some are Praise God ), some are here for 'religious entertainment' and some are here 'to oppose the Truth and promote their own "ism"', and some God has led her in their "curiosity" who will hear the Truth they aren't hearing out there in the modern ecumenical religious world.

Brief Testimony: I had no idea how ecumenical Billy Graham was until I heard speakers here on SermonAudio exposing what was going on in his crusades and checked out if it was so for myself (it was).

Christopher000, you have no idea of those your stand for the Truth will influence, don't worry about it, God knows and will use you as you grow in knowledge and faithfulness.

62

News Item2/20/13 9:31 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Mike wrote:
So Chris, what brand of peanut butter are you not eating?
I reckon it was toast and marmalade.

Christopher000 wrote:
What I find really disheartening...
Some folks take a long while to come to the truth, Christopher. Some even decades. It is by revelation of God after all. Be not disheartened but trusting in the Lord, that he will have mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will, he will harden.
61

News Item2/20/13 9:28 AM
laugh a minute  Find all comments by laugh a minute
Christopher000 wrote:
What I find really disheartening is that with the length of time I've been on the board, with the several people I've (we've) reached out to on this same topic, and with all of the time I've spent pouring out fact after fact, never once have I been able to get anyone to go "hmmm". ....
Hmmmmmm!
60

News Item2/20/13 9:16 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Christopher000 wrote:
---
I liken it to this: I am sitting in my kitchen eating a peanut butter sandwich. As I'm eating it, I look across
to my wife and say, "I really hate peanut butter! " She naturally responds with, "what are you talking about...you are eating a peanut butter sandwich right now!", and I respond with, "no I'm not"
That's how ridiculous this all seems to me. She can very easily prove that I am wrong, but I continue to insist that, no matter what, she is the one in error.
So Chris, what brand of peanut butter are you not eating?
59

News Item2/20/13 9:01 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Once again, please replace all of the "I's" with "we's".
58

News Item2/20/13 8:59 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
What I find really disheartening is that with the length of time I've been on the board, with the several people I've (we've) reached out to on this same topic, and with all of the time I've spent pouring out fact after fact, never once have I been able to get anyone to go "hmmm". No matter what I've said, no matter how many solid facts I've laid out, no matter how many damning comparisons I've made, nobody has ever seemed to budge in the slightest, or even really ask questions for that matter. I've never posted one opinion, just the facts from Romes very own words, teachings, and irrefutable belief system and all I've ever got back was the chirping of crickets. I really don't understand it because it's all so black and white, unmistakable, provable and easy to refute using the Bible alone.
I liken it to this: I am sitting in my kitchen eating a peanut butter sandwich. As I'm eating it, I look across
to my wife and say, "I really hate peanut butter! " She naturally responds with, "what are you talking about...you are eating a peanut butter sandwich right now!", and I respond with, "no I'm not"
That's how ridiculous this all seems to me. She can very easily prove that I am wrong, but I continue to insist that, no matter what, she is the one in error.
57

News Item2/20/13 7:27 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Don't waste your time wrote:
Indeed Michael.
2 John 10 and 11 come to mind:
If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
In verse 7, those who abide not in the doctrine of Christ are labelled "deceivers", and such is SteveR!!
Don't Waste
Thanks for posting back.
God knows we so need His wisdom, discernment, AND THE FULNESS OF HIS COUNSEL and heart in these kind of things.

Here on SermonAudio there is an instructive message When Peace Costs Too Much that I have found greatly helpful when confronted with those promoting false teachings.

Especially when the Lord helps me to balance this with: The Value of Sinners, Prostitutes, and Drunkards

And the wonderful Testimony of a leftist lesbian professor, who despised Christians. Then somehow became one My Train Wreck Conversion that SermonAudio linked to from a news report.

Blessings

56

News Item2/20/13 5:50 AM
Don't waste your time  Find all comments by Don't waste your time
Michael Hranek wrote:
Don't Waste
Thanks for being a sounding board.
For me I think it boils down to this
it is one thing for someone blindly parroting false teachings
it is another for someone who ought to know better knowingly promoting false teachings.
IMHO SteveR ought to know better and be treated appropriately so. Ignorant nominal Catholic or even baptists can be another matter.
Indeed Michael.

2 John 10 and 11 come to mind:

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

In verse 7, those who abide not in the doctrine of Christ are labelled "deceivers", and such is SteveR!!

55

News Item2/19/13 6:54 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Don't waste your time wrote:
Michael, as much as we hurt for people in the RCC who are deluded into thinking that they are Christian, we should be angry with people like SteveR who confirm them in their delusion. Do you suppose for a moment that our Lord would ever do such a cruel thing?
If they are genuinely converted we should call on them to leave the RCC. And you know that the Spirit of God who indwells the truly converted would constrain them to leave.
As for SteveR, he and his ilk are errorists of the worst kind - who under the guise of love send millions to hell! He should be warned and shunned.
Don't Waste
Thanks for being a sounding board.
For me I think it boils down to this

it is one thing for someone blindly parroting false teachings

it is another for someone who ought to know better knowingly promoting false teachings.

IMHO SteveR ought to know better and be treated appropriately so. Ignorant nominal Catholic or even baptists can be another matter.

54

News Item2/19/13 6:45 PM
whatdoyouthink  Find all comments by whatdoyouthink
SteveR wrote:
YOU KNOW...Most people warming pews in our Reformed Churches dont understand justification either, so? I dont hold Catholics to a higher standard than my own people,
I disagree with you BECAUSE justification is taught in truly Reforming churches and believed! It IS understood enough for a sinner to believe, is it not? The new creature in Christ might never ***fully*** understand but he knows by a real experience of grace the peace of God Romans 5: 1

Maybe your reference to 'my own people' is because they are the ones warming the pews because of your own faulty teaching? No RC has gospel PEACE!

Justification by faith alone is not taught by any RC, so you can never furnish us with one example of such a present day HS led RC teacher.
Please do so or resist informing us all of RC Christians. Sadly, mere pew warmers lack the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Does the Holy Spirit guide you to an understanding of Holy Scripture- why not a RC? You KNOW full well that there are untold numbers of RC's who when regenerated have left the priesthood or the RC pew. Why? Because of their superior brains or because of the SPIRIT OF TRUTH?

Why do your friends remain in the RC institution IF they possess the HS?

53

News Item2/19/13 6:13 PM
Don't waste your time  Find all comments by Don't waste your time
Michael Hranek wrote:
..let me ask you a question.
If someone like SteveR holds a position like he does, how can we best get through to them with the Truth if they are emotionally attached to a pastor/church that holds and promotes these kind of false beliefs?
Because what we are asking is that for the sake of Truth, for the sake of Jesus Christ and the Gospel that they themselves be willing to put their own lives on the line, and be willing to stand despite the consequences, and in their own local church perhaps very very alone.
Biblical Thoughts/Insight?
Michael, as much as we hurt for people in the RCC who are deluded into thinking that they are Christian, we should be angry with people like SteveR who confirm them in their delusion. Do you suppose for a moment that our Lord would ever do such a cruel thing?

If they are genuinely converted we should call on them to leave the RCC. And you know that the Spirit of God who indwells the truly converted would constrain them to leave.

As for SteveR, he and his ilk are errorists of the worst kind - who under the guise of love send millions to hell! He should be warned and shunned.

52

News Item2/19/13 4:42 PM
Better to sever  Find all comments by Better to sever
Michael Hranek wrote:
Because what we are asking is that for the sake of Truth, for the sake of Jesus Christ and the Gospel that they themselves be willing to put their own lives on the line, and be willing to stand despite the consequences, and in their own local church perhaps very very alone.
Yes!
51

News Item2/19/13 4:40 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
I always like to remind myself and others of the fact that the Roman religious machine has been on a murderous rampage since the very beginning. To me, Rome is no different than the Muslims who are sworn to convert or kill. Romes mindset has never changed, they were simply forced to go underground and supress the killing machine...for now.
The church of Rome has been responsible for the most horrific attrocities and mass murders known to mankind
I totally understand that it had to happen, but the Roman/Jewish Pharisees carried out Jesus' slow, painful death on the cross, not to mention the beatings, the crown of thorns pushed onto His scalp, the whippings, the humiliation, etc, etc.
Then came the inquisitions when, just like the Muslims, it was convert or be murdered. Historians say that the church murdered an estimated 50, 000, 000 because, according to them, they were heretics; believing that infant baptism didn't save the soul, etc.
After that came Hitler and Mussolini who killed, tortured, and experimented on untold millions of Jews; all with the churches approval which signed concordats with them and accepted money to look away.
Now, the Roman church continues to murder, but only dealing with the souls of men these days, but stay tuned...
50

News Item2/19/13 4:30 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Don't waste your time wrote:
To love the enemies of God as though they are the children of God is what you are advocating and that is devilish in the extreme!!
Don't Waste
I've been chewing on the issue of RC's treated as if they are genuine born again children of God for some time now, so let me ask you a question.

If someone like SteveR holds a position like he does, how can we best get through to them with the Truth if they are emotionally attached to a pastor/church that holds and promotes these kind of false beliefs?

Because what we are asking is that for the sake of Truth, for the sake of Jesus Christ and the Gospel that they themselves be willing to put their own lives on the line, and be willing to stand despite the consequences, and in their own local church perhaps very very alone.

Biblical Thoughts/Insight?

49

News Item2/19/13 3:43 PM
Don't waste your time  Find all comments by Don't waste your time
SteveR wrote:
The moderator told me I had to be nice to you, maybe I hurt your feelings? Anyways, I will not respond to you, but leave you with this. Saving faith requires something you seem to be void of, Love for your brethren.
Like you, the devil and his demons despise Gods People. There is no Love in them.
1 John 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
1 John 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
Loving Gods people is right. But you've not demonstrated in the least that any Roman Catholic is one of God's children.

To love the enemies of God as though they are the children of God is what you are advocating and that is devilish in the extreme!!

You sir are self deceived and a deceiver!!

48

News Item2/19/13 3:12 PM
Sabur  Find all comments by Sabur
SteveR wrote:
They have faith, they might not understand it as you do but they have faith
Your works based religion like the Roman Catholic fallacy, sees faith as merely an educational process. IE: The brainiest people get to heaven. But just like the RCC that trust in "church" "tradition" and human effort does not save.

This is how the elect know Christ and His doctrine and can reject the idolatry and heresy of Rome.
"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come." John 16:13.

ps; The Holy Spirit doesn't attend the Roman Catholic false witness.

47

News Item2/19/13 3:11 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
SteveR, remember it is Catholics (q.v. Is A Catholic Christian An Oxymoron? (PDF) ) and other non-Christians that can be demon-possessed, Demons: What Are They?

It's amusing that Pope's exorcist squads will wage war on Satan This of course is amusing when one thinks about it,

Mark 3
24 "And if a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
25 "And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.
26 "And if Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but he is finished!---NASB

Considering that a Christian has the Holy Spirit indwelling in him, He and a demon can't be in the same body, which shows the typical Catholic isn't Christian, (See Demonism).

Of course non-Christians aren't brethren, Is A Catholic Christian An Oxymoron? (PDF)

46
There are a total of 65 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 | last
Last PostTotal
US announces protections for transgender workers
dorcas: " frank chris, i understand your thoughts about this issue. clearly they..."
-1 hrs 
Liberman slams EU: Hamas is just like ISIS and al-Qaida
stever from mt zion: "replacement theology replacing gods covenant people with a..."
-1 hrs 11 
The World's 10 Most Popular Bible Verses of 2014
dorcas: "isaiah 38:17 behold, for peace i had great bitterness; but thou hast in..."
-1 hrs 17 


He Hath Done All Things Well
Andrew Quigley
Real Love Lived!

'One Off Sermons'
Sunday - AM
Airdrie Reformed Presbyterian
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Rob Cooper
Defined by God

A Response to Racism
Collinsville Bible Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Jon Couch
Faith In Christ Alone

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

Robert Rubino
The Real Christmas Tree!

Galatians 6:14,15
Fellowship Baptist Church
Video!Play! | MP4

E. A. Johnston
Consider Him

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Top 10 Puritan Hare Drive Reviews

Wash­er, Beeke, Bauch­am, Benn­ett, Brown, Price, McM­ah­on, Johns­on, Dild­ay, Menc­ar­ow...
www.puritandownloads.com/bl..

Sermon:
Strange Dreams
Bob Vincent

SPONSOR | 4,400+

SPONSOR





                   
None reverence the Lord more than they who know Him best. ... William Cowper

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream

INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.