Sign in or signup

3,692 active users!!Bandwidth
FRIDAY
AUG 26, 2016
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -24 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | FF | SA News
FRONT PAGE  |  8/26/2016
SATURDAY, FEB 9, 2013  |  62 comments  |  1 commentary
Guns: 'Packing heat in church' increasingly allowed in U.S.

As gun control takes high priority on Capitol Hill, state legislatures increasingly are allowing concealed guns in our most sacred place, the church, either for personal protection or for worshippers designated as church security personnel.

Arkansas, on Feb. 4, became the eighth state to pass legislation allowing concealed guns specifically in churches. In a lopsided bipartisan vote, state legislators voted to allow each church to decide whether individuals with concealed carry permits could take guns in church for personal protection. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.bpnews.net

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Loaded Questions • 190+
Kevin Boling | Knowing The Truth Radio
Play! | RSS

   03/14/15  |  Another One Bites the Dust • 2 comments
   03/11/15  |  God Doesn't Want Matt Chandler to be Your Pastor • 21 comments
   01/08/14  |  Christian Post: Warning, this article may offend many Christians • 93 comments
   01/01/14  |  Michelle Obama praises lesbian TV anchor • 17 comments
   12/29/13  |  U.S. Slams 'Conservative Gender Norms' • 377 comments
MORE RELATED ( ) NEWS | MORE..
   08/25/16  |  Powerful Earthquake in Italy Kills More Than 150 and Shatters... • 14 comments
   08/24/16  |  Target Stock Plummets as Boycotts Surge • 7 comments
   08/23/16  |  Teenage Girl Ditches Smartphone For Flip Phone To Find Peace • 8 comments
   08/23/16  |  Federal court blocks Obama’s transgender-bathroom order • 8 comments
   08/23/16  |  No Scientific Evidence That People Are Born Gay or Transgender,... • 24 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   08/26/16  |  Feedback Friday for 08-26-16 • 1 comments
   08/19/16  |  Feedback Friday for 08-19-16 • 1 comments
   08/15/16  |  SermonAudio Tip: Broadcasters, Upload Shorter Videos for Free! • 1 comments
   08/12/16  |  Feedback Friday for 08-12-16
   08/05/16  |  Feedback Friday for 08-05-16 • 1 comments
MORE SPECIAL | MORE..
   08/26/16  |  Feedback Friday for 08-26-16 • 1 comments
   08/26/16  |  Feds Spend $1 Million for Refugees to Become Farmers • 1 comments
   08/26/16  |  Prepare your kids to pledge Mexican flag
   08/26/16  |  DOJ issues transgender training for police
   08/26/16  |  Public university grants students two hours of free speech per... • 2 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 62 user comment(s)
News Item2/14/13 8:15 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
We live in an ever increasingly evil world in which many have no empathy or value for human life.
I see no reason why I should not be able to protect myself by any means necessary from someone who may want to harm in any way, or even kill me. Why be a sitting duck when I can be proactive against potential future violence? Maybe the threat will never present itself, but if it does, maybe I can go on living for another day.
62

News Item2/13/13 5:23 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
I really have trouble believing that that stats quoted are accurate, where did business insider get them from? However, imho, they prove nothing. The town that requires a gun to be owned by all heads of households went without a murder for 25 years and has had less than a handful in next five. Gun ownership is not the reason people are being killed by criminals using illegally gotten guns. What is NOT mentioned in any of stats, even if they are accurate, is how many murders were committed by people who legally went out and bought a gun. Even if they are accurate they prove that millions of guns does not translate to millions of murders. You think that there was weren't mass murders before the invention of the gun? You really believe if guns disappeared mass murders would too? I did notice every sight that quoted the stats were liberal websites. maybe just a coincidence. Where is your explanation for the high murder rate with guns in DC that has the strictest gun laws in the nation? How about the same question for Chicago that also outlaws guns? I thought trying to solve a problem by using the same non-working solution over and over again was called insanity. Our founding fathers acknowledged the right to bear arms they did not create it.
61

News Item2/13/13 5:03 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
John Yurich USA wrote:
Funny I always thought the bread and meat served at McDonalds is bread and meat.
John, you used to think the bread and wine served at the Mass was not bread and wine.

Rufus is quite correct.

Did you know that in some parts of the UK we are being sold horseburgers?

60

News Item2/13/13 4:29 PM
Rufus | Fort Worth, TX  Protected NameFind all comments by Rufus
John Yurich USA wrote:
Funny I always thought the bread and meat served at McDonalds is bread and meat.
I pray you be blessed with the new information you now possess. Here's a verse to consider:

Isaiah 55:2 - Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

59

News Item2/13/13 4:18 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Rufus wrote:
According to the CDC, the leading cause of death in America is heart disease. There is a direct link between the consumption of fast food and heart disease. Meat is meant to be consumed. What McDonalds serves between bread that is not bread, is not meat.
Funny I always thought the bread and meat served at McDonalds is bread and meat.
58

News Item2/13/13 4:17 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
achieving slowly wrote:
You're getting there Mike.
All we have to do now is teach you the difference between a car and a gun.
I think I already know the difference. Assault vehicles kill many, many more people than assault rifles.
57

News Item2/13/13 3:57 PM
Rufus | Fort Worth, TX  Protected NameFind all comments by Rufus
John Yurich USA wrote:
Say what? Since when has McDonalds restaurant killed anyone? Meat was meant to be consumed.
According to the CDC, the leading cause of death in America is heart disease. There is a direct link between the consumption of fast food and heart disease. Meat is meant to be consumed. What McDonalds serves between bread that is not bread, is not meat.
56

News Item2/13/13 3:22 PM
achieving slowly  Find all comments by achieving slowly
Mike wrote:
187,655 people were killed in auto accidents in the US from 2006-2010,
That's what happens when there is an auto dealership on every corner
You're getting there Mike.
All we have to do now is teach you the difference between a car and a gun.
55

News Item2/13/13 3:15 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
still hoping for peace wrote:
Some more "edifying" stats for you.
"There are more than twice as many gun stores in America as McDonalds restaurants. There are only 14,098 McDonalds.
---
47,856 people were murdered in the U.S. with guns from 2006-2010. This was more than twice as many people as those killed by all other methods combined."
---
187,655 people were killed in auto accidents in the US from 2006-2010,
That's what happens when there is an auto dealership on every corner. Easy access to autos is killing us. We need to register autos! Oh wait, we already do that. We need to license drivers! Oh wait, we already do that, too. OK, we need to limit gasoline tank levels; people with full tanks are a danger to themselves and others. Even if they leave their auto in the driveway, who knows when they might drive on the highway, or have their auto stolen by a mentally deranged person, or a criminal who wants to use it to commit a crime? Why should they have an auto anyway? They are obviously only good for killing people, which the stats make quite clear. The right to bear auto repairs must be balanced against the safety of the people!
54

News Item2/13/13 9:39 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Rufus wrote:
...and yet McDonalds kills more people than guns do.
Say what? Since when has McDonalds restaurant killed anyone? Meat was meant to be consumed.
53

News Item2/13/13 9:33 AM
Rufus | Fort Worth, TX  Protected NameFind all comments by Rufus
still hoping for peace wrote:
Some more "edifying" stats for you.
"There are more than twice as many gun stores in America as McDonalds restaurants. There are only 14,098 McDonalds....
...and yet McDonalds kills more people than guns do.
52

News Item2/13/13 8:19 AM
still hoping for peace  Find all comments by still hoping for peace
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
they don't exist
Some more "edifying" stats for you.

"There are more than twice as many gun stores in America as McDonalds restaurants. There are only 14,098 McDonalds.
American gun companies made 5.5 million new guns in 2010 and 95% of them were sold to Americans.
These ~5 million guns weren't nearly enough to satisfy American demand for guns in 2010, so an additional 3.3 million guns were imported.
There were 16.5 million background checks for gun purchases in 2010. You can get a gun unless you have a criminal record or are evidently insane.
47,856 people were murdered in the U.S. with guns from 2006-2010. This was more than twice as many people as those killed by all other methods combined."

Then

"31
Mass shootings in the U.S. since Columbine in 1999.

70
People killed in mass shootings this year in the U.S. (not including the shooters who killed themselves). Seventy-two more people were injured.

19.5/1
Ratio of people killed by guns in the U.S. compared to other developed countries in the OECD. For 15-to-20-year-olds, firearm homicide rates in the U.S. are 42.7 times higher than in other OECD countries, according to a 2011 UCLA School of Public Health study." [businessinsider.com]

51

News Item2/12/13 4:43 PM
arboriculture  Find all comments by arboriculture
Mike wrote:
May I conclude you think Adam would never have sinned had there been no fruit trees in the garden? Or that Cain would not have slain Abel had not there been a tool or a rock in the field?
Yes of course you can conclude that Mike. Now who planted that tree in the first place and provided it with special restrictions???

Since you raise the point mike, then we today are more sinner than Adam ever was, so good logic would be, keep the restricted tree away from the sinners. Don't make them so accessible as to have shops full of them in a sinner filled society.

=====================


Unprofitable Servant

"There are ~14,869 more gun stores in America than grocery stores. Specifically, there are 51,438 gun retailers and 36,536 grocery stores.
There are almost as many gun dealers in America as gas stations. There are a total of 129,817 gun dealers in the country, which include retail stores (51,438), "collectors" (61,562), pawn shops (7,356), and importers and manufacturers. Meanwhile, there are 143,849 gas stations."

www.businessinsider.com

50

News Item2/12/13 4:25 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
guns don't kill people wrote:
Indeed, nothing brings out incoherency like a gun argument.
Lemme get this right,
1. Adam Lanza was STOPPED from buying a gun.
2. Adam Lanza only stole the guns after he had killed his mother.
So with what did Adam Lanza shoot his mother with?
thank you for proving my point, GUN RESTRICTION LAWS would not have stopped this crime, because they don't deter a criminal from getting a gun. HOWEVER, had there NOT been a law prohibiting the administrators (the law abiding citizen who obeyed the law not to have a gun)from carrying a weapon by permit,it might have saved some of the lives that were lost. Had that happened, we could say that use of a gun SAVED lives, imagine that. Incoherency is the nuts who pass legislation thinking that criminals will obey the law. There is a reason we call them criminals. And hope for peace, you can tell you are from Europe, I have been to several malls and have NEVER seen any military style arsenals in them because they don't exist. I have never seen a gun shop in a mall. You should research a little better. The thing that is killing millions of children is our abortion laws not our lack of gun laws.
49

News Item2/12/13 3:51 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
hope for peace wrote:
---
This weapon mania America has is definitely not the work of Christ!!! You badly need to get rid of the arsenals to return justice to the streets of America.
---
May I conclude you think Adam would never have sinned had there been no fruit trees in the garden? Or that Cain would not have slain Abel had not there been a tool or a rock in the field?
48

News Item2/12/13 3:38 PM
hope for peace  Find all comments by hope for peace
Mike wrote:
Reality is, you have no clue what you're talking about.
I watched a tv news programme tonight which described (specifically Chicago) the new replacement law and justice in America as "GunLaw".

Sounds like lynch mob rule over there!!

Stop the slaughter of innocent kids by removing these military style arsenals from your shopping centres.

Civilised people especially the Christian witness - Does not need to be armed to the teeth in society.

This weapon mania America has is definitely not the work of Christ!!! You badly need to get rid of the arsenals to return justice to the streets of America.

1John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world

47

News Item2/11/13 11:10 PM
guns don't kill people  Find all comments by guns don't kill people
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
No answer to the reality that the shooter WAS stopped from buying a gun (kinda does in the argument that everybody can carry guns). He STOLE the gun from his mother (after he killed her)
Indeed, nothing brings out incoherency like a gun argument.

Lemme get this right,
1. Adam Lanza was STOPPED from buying a gun.
2. Adam Lanza only stole the guns after he had killed his mother.

So with what did Adam Lanza shoot his mother with?

46

News Item2/11/13 10:45 PM
Kyle | Tucson  Find all comments by Kyle
Jim Lincoln wrote:
I'm always smug around people who pretend to be Christian, but carry around weapons that are only effective for one thing killing people. Vigilantes are not lawmen.
Non-sequitor. Carrying a weapon is not un-Christian. It may be un-Jimlike, but it isn't un-Christlike. I'm defending my right to keep and bear arms. I'm not advocating vigilantism. Nothing brings out the straw men like a gun argument, though.

I didn't shoot Giffords or 20 kids, so why should my rights be curtailed because someone else did? Where else do you apply that logic? Letter openers?

I never argued that anyone has a right to commit murder, so please stop implying that I did.

peace please wrote:
Reality = Your nations 'law' provides for everybody to carry weapons.
Reality = Your shopping malls all over the nation have gunshops which resemble military style arsenals.
Your point?
45

News Item2/11/13 10:29 PM
Manning  Find all comments by Manning
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Again no answer to the reality that law abiding citizens owning guns is a deterrent.
Laugh? I could have cried.
44

News Item2/11/13 7:21 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Mike wrote:
Look at it this way, Jim. You claim no real Christian would own particular guns, because that makes them vigilantes, which is false. I say no real Christian would support Obamacare because it supports abortion, which is true.
If I own a .22, that endangers no one. If you support Obamacare, you approve of that which kills the unborn and makes you pay for it. Now go ahead and say you are opposed to abortion while you support a perverse program that is all for it, if you wish. That has about as much credibility as John Y saying he doesn't hold to the unscriptural parts of the Mass. Your self-justification is as meaningless as his.
Heh Mike, I just want to say that I agree with your comment. But neither Jim, John Y and others will have a clue as to the validity of your thoughts. All prior to salvation are totally depraved, but within that range, there are some more evil than others. Example, someone may kill 10 people torturing 5 of them; whereas another may kill 7 people and torture none; but both are murderers. With that thought in mind, Obama is the most evil man that has ever appeared in politics in this country. So anyone that can support his social/moral cause(s) in any way are simply blind.
43
There are a total of 62 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 | last
Last PostTotal
Ken Ham Rebuts Lutheran Leader Who Says Noah’s Flood ‘Not...
once again from okc: "this liberal sounds like jim lincoln. i bet he is also a..."
-24 min 
Tim LaHaye, 'Left Behind' author, dies at 90
jim lincoln from nebraska: " robin a. brace the children of believers are seen as..."
-50 min 500 
How Can Black Lives Matter When 20 Million Black Babies Have...
rnel from south africa: "2 corinthians 5:16 16 wherefore henceforth know we no..."
-2 hrs 


John Pittman Hey
Eating the Passover in Haste

Christ is our Passover Lamb
Sunday Service
Grace Bible Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Gracia Burnham
Islamic Hostage Testimony

Gold Country Baptist Church
Current Events
Play! | MP3

Don Green
My Lord and My God!

Truth Community Church
Midweek Service
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Ralph Bouma
The Sexual Revolution

Radio
Gospel Chapel Ministries
Play! | MP3

Store:
The One Who Is
THEOLOGY per se

SPONSOR | 4,500+

SPONSOR




                   
Keep the truth and the truth will keep you. ... William Bridge

Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal


MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android New!
Church App
Kindle + Nook
Chromecast TV
Apple TV New!
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Apple Watch
Android Wear
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription
PowerClips New!
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domain
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BW
JSON API New!

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Support Us | Feedback Fridays New!