members, click to sign in..
 
SITE NOTICE | MORE..
Android Version 2.1 Update! We've already released our first update to the Android app which includes auto-retry of playback after network interruption, maps support in tablets, stability fixes, and more! .. click for more info!
 

3,890 active users!!Bandwidth
WEDNESDAY
APR 16, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -10 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 16, 2014 | TIPS Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
COVER Page ALL News CHOICE VIDEOS User COMMENTS
Choice News THURSDAY, JAN 17, 2013| 38 comments| 3 commentaries
Teacher Fired for Giving Student Bible

A longtime substitute teacher in Phillipsburg, NJ, has been fired after he shared a Bible verse with a student – and upon request gave the child a Bible.

The Phillipsburg School Board voted Monday night to terminate the employment of Walter Tutka. He was accused of breaking two policies – distributing religious literature on school grounds and another policy that directs teachers to be neutral when discussing religious material.

“It’s unfortunate the Phillipsburg School District chose the path of religious hostility and intolerance against a retired man serving his community and simply responding to a student’s intellectual curiosity,” Hiram Sasser, director of litigation at Liberty Institute, told Fox News. “What’s next – are they going to ban Shakespeare because his plays have Bible quotations?” ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
radio.foxnews.com

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Supreme Court and Schools • 980+
Kevin Swanson | Generations Radio
Play! | RSS
Christian Teacher in Trouble • 1,080+
Kevin Swanson | Generations Radio
Play! | RSS
Fired for Giving a Bible • 270+
William J. Sturm | Berean Baptist Church
Play! | RSS

|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Keeping Education In Check • Dr. Bob Jones Sr. | 11/4/2000
•  Radio Debate: Child Discipline • Rev. Ivan Foster | 12/3/2000

   04/09/14  |  Liberty University 'Shrugs Off' Concerns Over Openly Gay... • 5 comments
   04/07/14  |  Common Core-approved Textbooks Rewrite Second Amendment • 5 comments
   04/05/14  |  Common Core: Remove Two Rights from Bill of Rights • 11 comments
   04/02/14  |  Texas A&M to host special graduation ceremony for LGBT students • 6 comments
   04/02/14  |  ‘Building the Machine’: The New Common Core Documentary • 10 comments
MORE RELATED ( EDUCATION ) NEWS | MORE..
   04/16/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.1 for Android Mobile Devices • 47 comments
   04/13/14  |  Feminists Go Bonkers Over Kirsten Dunst’s One, Simple Comment • 39 comments
   04/13/14  |  U2's Bono Opens Up About Jesus, God And Praying With His Kids • 11 comments
   04/09/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: Kindle Fire + Nook Tablet Version 2.1! • 11 comments
   04/09/14  |  More Moms Staying Home, Reversing Decadeslong Decline • 9 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
   07/27/13  |  3 Dead When Bus Carrying Teens Crashes in Indiana • 34 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   04/16/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.1 for Android Mobile Devices • 47 comments
   04/16/14  |  Bill Nye Says He Wanted to Expose Why Ken Ham and Creationists... • 6 comments
   04/16/14  |  U.S. taxpayers pay to teach Islam
   04/16/14  |  High noon at Bryan College
   04/16/14  |  As Titanic sank, he pleaded, 'believe in the Lord Jesus!' • 4 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 38 user comment(s)
News Item1/19/13 3:41 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
This is all pretty much how I feel and look at things. I feel like I should press on, no matter what kind of response I get from someone, and no matter how many times I may have to repeat myself, etc.
My apology was born out from the feeling that I had just judged some when, first of all, I'm in no place to judge anyone...ever, and the fact that I don't know anyones thoughts or reasons for doing this or not doing that.

John UK...ha-ha...thanks for the laugh. "I just think I'll call you Will".

38

News Item1/19/13 2:40 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
IltL wrote:
Do not disagree John UK. My point was ARGUE someone into the Kingdom.I have read many posts to John Y. He has been faithfully witnessed to by many. His eyes and ears are still closed.I do pray for him that he will be granted repentance unto life eternal.No I am not a hyper C.
By the way, Michael and John U.K., worthy comments to read. Yes, we always have to remember the verses, of Mark 4:3-12 etc.. I would hope this will help the gospel presenters comfort, when they get delayed or no results at all. Many people will be Antagonized By the Truth.
37

News Item1/19/13 2:05 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Michael Hranek wrote:
IltL
John UK, Wales
Just a quick(?) comment (reminder) on the Sovereignity of God, the timing is His. We may have no idea of how far, or how deep He must deal with an individual in bringing them to Salvation.
In my own case (testimony) I have to think there were people who had 'written me off' because I did not immediately respond to their witness AND am so thankful there were those who continued to patiently witness to me until God mercifully got the Truth through to my heart.
That said as long as there is opportunity to talk with someone of Christ we should joyfully take it as our priviledge to do so. One friend at work in TN had all sorts of Christians witness to her and pray for her for quite some time before it all became real to her and she was saved.
Amen bro, that's just as I see it. There is need of much patience and a continual testimony. The lost who are near to us need to see a stable and godly character, sometimes over many years, even decades. The visitation of the Spirit is we know not when, nor really how.

Iltl, I think I'll call you Will, as it's easier to spell. I'm right glad you're not a hyperman. God bless you too bro.

36

News Item1/19/13 1:56 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
IltL
John UK, Wales

Just a quick(?) comment (reminder) on the Sovereignity of God, the timing is His. We may have no idea of how far, or how deep He must deal with an individual in bringing them to Salvation.

In my own case (testimony) I have to think there were people who had 'written me off' because I did not immediately respond to their witness AND am so thankful there were those who continued to patiently witness to me until God mercifully got the Truth through to my heart.

That said as long as there is opportunity to talk with someone of Christ we should joyfully take it as our priviledge to do so. One friend at work in TN had all sorts of Christians witness to her and pray for her for quite some time before it all became real to her and she was saved.

35

News Item1/19/13 1:46 PM
IltL  Find all comments by IltL
God bless you John UK.
34

News Item1/19/13 1:33 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
IltL wrote:
Do not disagree John UK. My point was ARGUE someone into the Kingdom.I have read many posts to John Y. He has been faithfully witnessed to by many. His eyes and ears are still closed.I do pray for him that he will be granted repentance unto life eternal.No I am not a hyper C.
Man alive! I do wish you folks would stick to one moniker. Johnny Yurich used to change monikers but at least for some years now he has stuck with the same one. How is anyone supposed to know where people stand when they go all anonymous?

But if you've not posted before .....

Sure, the poor lost sinner is dead in sins, and will never be able to believe except he be quickened, enlightened and wrought upon by the gracious Holy Ghost, who applies the redemption. And you are right that arguing cannot succeed when the Spirit is absent. We are wholly dependent on God's grace, and there is no way of knowing how and when the Lord will use our words to the blessing of souls.

33

News Item1/19/13 1:19 PM
IltL  Find all comments by IltL
Do not disagree John UK. My point was ARGUE someone into the Kingdom.I have read many posts to John Y. He has been faithfully witnessed to by many. His eyes and ears are still closed.I do pray for him that he will be granted repentance unto life eternal.No I am not a hyper C.
32

News Item1/19/13 1:04 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
IltL wrote:
We can never argue anyone into the Kingdom Christopher000. It is a Sovereign work of GOD.
And we all know that the sovereign God chooses to use means in the salvation of the lost; and we all know what those means are, don't we? Yes we do.

Well, everyone except hypermen.

31

News Item1/19/13 12:44 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
IltL wrote:
We can never argue anyone into the Kingdom Christopher000. It is a Sovereign work of GOD.
Salvation is of the LORD!
IltL
What you say is true.

Yet we ought never to forget, He who is sovereign in Salvation will use us as He sees fit in being His witnesses, speaking the Truth He has show us by the Holy Spirit in His Word, the Bible along with reasoning with people and pleading with them to be reconciled to God, and so much more.

What he cannot use according to Romans 10:13-15 is our silence of Christ. Satan can use that but not God.

30

News Item1/19/13 12:39 PM
IltL  Find all comments by IltL
We can never argue anyone into the Kingdom Christopher000. It is a Sovereign work of GOD.
Salvation is of the LORD!
29

News Item1/19/13 9:43 AM
Stand for God | IN  Find all comments by Stand for God
I was sad and disappointed to read this about the teacher, Mr. Tutka. But I know that God will Bless him--a special blessing! A passage come also in my mind--John 17:13-26.
28

News Item1/19/13 8:49 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
I've given my comments some more thought and I may have it wrong, so my apologies if I offended anyone. I began thinking that I haven't even posted any responses in a while myself, after my recent 4 page rant. I realized that the reason I haven't posted is that I haven't had anything new to say, nothing I haven't said a dozen times already. With this in mind, I think my comments may have been a bit unfair and who am I to act as if I know anyones thoughts? I think the lack of responses is simply due to the fact that you have all been dealing with this for a very long time, have made your cases a hundred times over, and just don't have anything new to say.
Anyway, this was a very long way of saying that I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my presumptions. I guess I'm just frustrated over the whole deal, the RC religious system.
27

News Item1/19/13 8:26 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
I'm not grouping everyone together, but I just meant that there are some who used to respond regularily with great comments and Bible verses but have fallen off the grid, I think, because they were overly sensitive to some comments that John would make in his rebuttals.
26

News Item1/19/13 8:17 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
I really like everyones cool, calm, respectful, concerned comments. I like the fact that there is genuine concern for John as opposed to some of the bashing I've read in the past. I know it's frustrating because the same two lines are used incessantly, but I'm really glad to see that some are still plugging away with respect and out of concern.
What I find sad though, and what actually makes me a bit angry is that some ignore and others have just given up. I wonder how many others are at least praying for John since they have chosen to ignore him simply because he has said some things that they didn't care for in th past.
25

News Item1/18/13 12:38 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
...It is not required for salvation for one who is Born Again to leave the Catholic Church or any other non Evangelical Church and unite with an Evangelical Church.
According to Catholic.com "Infallibility belongs in a special way to the pope as head of the bishops..." so they also affirm the pope is infallible, and history shows that papal bulls have more weight than Holy Scripture. John, again in all fairness, the only one I have ever seen saying that you have to leave the Catholic church in order to be born again is you. People are saying that after one is born again from above by the Spirit, then because the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth, He will lead you to leave the way of unrighteousness. What communion has light with darkness has an implied answer of none. "Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth." (I Cor. 5:6-8 KJV)
24

News Item1/18/13 12:06 PM
Rufus | Fort Worth, TX  Protected NameFind all comments by Rufus
John Yurich USA wrote:
There is no debate about there being Christian doctrines in the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church has always affirmed the Bible to be the inerrant and infallible Word of God, that Jesus is God, the Holy Trinity. It is not required for salvation for one who is Born Again to leave the Catholic Church or any other non Evangelical Church and unite with an Evangelical Church.
Eternal salvation is by belief in the shed blood of Jesus Christ plus nothing else. You can be a saved believer and be judged right along side unbelievers for partaking of their sins, being unequally yoked etc. If you confess that Jesus Christ died for the remission of your sins (the true Jesus not the one who doesn't have brothers, has long hair etc. ya know that Catholic Jesus who is another Jesus) then you are covered eternally. Yet, if you walk disobediently you are placing yourself under the potential for judgment in this age and the age to come, though you be saved in the age to follow.
23

News Item1/18/13 11:56 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Rufus wrote:
The whore is physically identified as being Rome (where your pope is at). Yes, spiritually it consists of more than just the RC because she is the mother of harlots.
And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. - (Revelation 17:5)
So the solution is to come out from the whore, not yoke up with her because she might have a right doctrine somewhere (though whether this is the case is most debatable).
There is no debate about there being Christian doctrines in the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church has always affirmed the Bible to be the inerrant and infallible Word of God, that Jesus is God, the Holy Trinity. It is not required for salvation for one who is Born Again to leave the Catholic Church or any other non Evangelical Church and unite with an Evangelical Church.
22

News Item1/18/13 10:50 AM
Rufus | Fort Worth, TX  Protected NameFind all comments by Rufus
John Yurich USA wrote:
It does not change the fact that there are Christian doctrines in the Catholic Church. That can't be denied. And the whore of the Book of Revelation is not one church but consists of all churches that have false doctrines in them.
The whore is physically identified as being Rome (where your pope is at). Yes, spiritually it consists of more than just the RC because she is the mother of harlots.

And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. - (Revelation 17:5)

So the solution is to come out from the whore, not yoke up with her because she might have a right doctrine somewhere (though whether this is the case is most debatable)...

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. - (Revelation 18:4)

21

News Item1/18/13 10:04 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
I am sure a little research would find some Christian doctrines in the Mormon church, the Jehovah's Witnesses, even some of the denominations that deny the trinity or ordain homosexuals have Christian doctrines somewhere in there statement of beliefs. The fact that a denomination has some Christian doctrines is meaningless when the truth is mixed with falsehoods. Satan himself quoted Scripture and the demons believe and tremble. (see Revelation 2:15 for our Lord's view of mixed doctrine) It just takes a little leaven to leaven the WHOLE lump.
20

News Item1/18/13 7:52 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
I should add that there may be much that I am missing. Maybe there are valid reasons I'm unaware of as to why I should never go to this church or that one...still investigating.
19
There are a total of 38 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
Is the Name “Easter” of Pagan Origin?
zach 3: "we had this discussion last year. do we hold it every year? acts 12:4..."
-9 min 
5 Reasons Married Men Should Not Seek Marriage Advice From...
get real from earth: "because they will invariably act wantonly and take some..."
-38 min 20 
Did Tuesday's 'blood' eclipse signal the End Times?
get real from earth: "a timely article :thumbsup: amazed at the great journalism..."
-48 min 


Bountiful, Hilarious Giving
Knoxville-Powell, TN
Temple Baptist Church

Play! | More

Dr. Curt D. Daniel
Conscience

True Spirituality
Sunday Service
Faith Bible Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Eyes That See
Mark Pannell

Jon Couch
Called, Sanctified, Preserved

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Mistakes Of Modern Evangelism

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
Our Lord's Grave

Gospel of John
Shreveport Grace Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Bob Vincent
The Administration of Evil

The Unseen War
Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Robert Rubino
Theonomy versus Apostasy

We Are All Theonomists Now!
Fellowship Baptist Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Don Bell
Why does pain exist?

Lantana Grace Church
Sunday - PM
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Dr. Baucham: "Simply Astonishing!"

Bauch­am: "Any­one who adm­ires the Pur­it­ans simply must have the Pur­itan Hard Driv­e."
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..

Sermon:
A Stone of Stumbling
Ken Wimer

Sykesville, MD | zip
Liberty Church, PCA

Preach­ing thr­ough the Gospel of Mark.
www.libertychurchpca.org






                   
Prayer meetings are the throbbing machinery of the church. ... C. H. Spurgeon
Site-Wide RSS & Podcast | Help
Select Podcast Format | Help

HTML Embed | More
Flash Widget | More
Our Staff Picks | Info
Featured Sermon | More

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
ROKU TV
Kindle Reader

FOLLOW
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
HELP
RSS & Podcasts
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Favorites
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

NEWSLETTER
View Latest Issue
Subscribe
Unsubscribe | Change
Privacy Policy
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
QR Codes New!
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes | WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | API | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.
Our Services | Testimonials New!
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads

CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.