Pope Benedict XVI on Sunday called on bishops from around the world to revive the Christian faith among those who have forgotten or abandoned it.
The Church needs a new âmissionary dynamicâ of lay people and must pay âparticular attention (to) baptized people who do not live according to the requirements of the baptism,â he said as 262 bishops wound up a three-week huddle that broached all major issues and crises shaking the 2,000-year-old institution.
Clerics must also apply ânew methods, a new language that suits different culturesâ in their bid for a ânew evangelism,â he said during a closing mass at Saint Peterâs....
you think all I can do is give Australia bad time about this topic, but the show you how American I am, I will give you some information on America's well. Few clergy on Catholic child-sex list ever prosecuted!
Whisper have should have been one of the first comments /urls that I put up on this thread. But I don't think I ever had, and I should have put it up every several dozens of messages - - probably. Restoring faith: Child sexual abuse and the Catholic Church, from which "...Reliable statistics are not available, but in my opinion, and based on the available data, there has been around six times as much child sexual abuse by clergy and religious in the Catholic Church as there is by ministers of religion in all the other churches in Australia combined - and I would regard that as a conservative figure."--- Patrick Parkinson.
ABC News - Australia wrote: The Archbishop of Melbourne, Denis Hart, accepted Mr O'Callaghan's recommendation Father Walshe remain in public ministry, despite finding his conduct was "inconsistent" with his duties. Mr Roach told the ABC he felt compelled to speak publicly after seeing Father Walshe giving evidence at the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse, where he defended Cardinal George Pell.
Again, I want to point out that I'm not trying to pick on our good allies in Australia, but using what's happening there as an example of the universal immorality of the "universal" Catholic Church.
I have no doubt that much more evil is committed by the Romish Church in the U.S. then ever happens in Australia. You remember one of our NYC newspapers had the motto, "All the News fit to print"? Well, I had a hard time in finding a clean enough article to put a URL here on SA about this story, but I --think-- this one will give you an idea, of what this Satan's servant was alleged to have been doing (totally disgusting!), and what his superiors did about it? Enjoy
Cardinal Pell gets the face the Royal Commission again, later next week. Royal Commission victim shocked by 1993 phone call.. "This latest phase of the hearings is following up on the evidence from 17 abuse survivors, by looking into how much the bishops and priests knew about the abuse at the time and how they handled complaints."
It should be pointed out that all the various articles I put up about Catholic child abuse on this thread I'm not singling out Australia, to make it look bad, but rather to point out the International problem with the Romish church as an international institution. I would suppose 90% of my articles have to do of what is happening downunder, but at least the other 10% usually reflects on the United States such as the one above. I have to point out that the US has a huge problem with its Romish Church! Catholicism Crisis of Faith (54 Minute YouTube video) done by James McCarthy
Francis Sullivan wrote: Peter Steinfels, one of America's leading Catholic commentators, says that denial and secrecy happened because priests and superiors operated in this closed, self-protective culture, a culture not open to scrutiny, inquiry, interview or evaluation, with little or no accountability and even less transparency from Church leaders back to the Church community. This is despite the clear responsibilities of bishops to build up the faithful and to lead the Catholic community in facing its challenges around the child sex abuse crisis.
just a very interesting and informative piece by an influential Catholic Well worth reading it is a good overall view of the child abuse problem in Australia. It should make American Catholic think as well!