members, click to sign in..

4,562 active users!!Bandwidth
TUESDAY
NOV 25, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -2 hrs
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  11/25/2014
Choice News MONDAY, OCT 29, 2012  |  52 comments
Chick-fil-A Finds Increase in Business Amid Controversy

According to Sandelman & Associates of San Clemente, the evangelical Christian-led fast-food chain experienced a 2.2 percent increase in visits from customers from July to September.

Paul Clarke, spokesman for Sandelman & Associates, provided The Christian Post with a press release regarding the data from the group's Quick Track Study.

"Despite protests and predictions that the fast-food chain would be hurt by the publicity, Chick-fil-A appears stronger now," reads the statement.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianpost.com

   07/16/14  |  What Makes a Company Division 'Christian'? • 8 comments
   07/05/14  |  Hobby Lobby Raises Minimum Wage to $14 • 6 comments
   05/01/14  |  McDonald's snubs family, sales drop • 6 comments
   04/07/14  |  Chick-fil-A Takes KFC's Chicken Crown Even With Fewer Stores and... • 4 comments
   01/30/14  |  Chick-fil-A gives free food to motorists stranded in Southern... • 7 comments
MORE RELATED ( BUSINESS ) NEWS | MORE..
   11/20/14  |  Rick Warren on gay marriage: 'The Church must not cave in' • 34 comments
   11/18/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: Enjoy SermonAudio via Chromecast on your TV! • 9 comments
   11/18/14  |  Final approval given to women bishops at COE General Synod • 5 comments
   11/18/14  |  BioLogos pushes to change the way Christians read Genesis • 9 comments
   11/17/14  |  Christian booted from National Cathedral speaks out • 53 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 37 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   11/25/14  |  IRS sued for monitoring U.S. churches • 1 comments
   11/25/14  |  Colleges' new challenge: Keeping students in school
   11/25/14  |  1,000 evangelical pastors urged to run for political office • 36 comments
   11/25/14  |  White House Quietly Releases Plans For 3,415 Regulations Ahead... • 1 comments
   11/25/14  |  A legal history lesson in the same-sex marriage debate
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 52 user comment(s)
News Item11/5/12 2:50 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John Yurich USA wrote:
Preparing meals from scratch is too time consuming. Getting prepared meals from the store to make in the microwave oven or cooking on the grill outside is the better ways to go. Cooking inside using the stove and oven is stupid and is a way that fires happen. I don't use the stove and oven. I just get prepared meals from the store and make them in the microwave oven. I also dine out at fast food restaurants and at buffets.
So, that's your problem John Y.! We all thought you problem was with being a member of the Romish Church, q.v., Is the One True Church Roman Catholic? and you're real problem was with your thought processes being messed up processed food! We might have to start agreeing with jpw.

I see we're going to have to get you cooking over a camp fire and eating Kosher franks.

Chick-fil-A and the California Diary Assn, have some interesting bovine advertisements, which no doubt make cows happy.

52

News Item11/4/12 2:02 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John Yurich USA wrote:
I want a wife who is a farm girl from Colorado and who is 30 years younger than I am so I can have children. I am approaching 50 years of age in December. In order for me to have children it will mean that when I get married that my wife be at least 30 years younger than I am. There is nothing wrong with a man over the age of 50 fathering children.
Of course not John Y., Brigham Young did it with more than one wife, as I do believe Mitt Romney's grandfather also did. Ah, just you and Strom Thurmond? Why more men are having kids in their golden years.
51

News Item11/3/12 7:20 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Cliff Leckey wrote:
JohnY get a skivvy (wife)
I want a wife who is a farm girl from Colorado and who is 30 years younger than I am so I can have children. I am approaching 50 years of age in December. In order for me to have children it will mean that when I get married that my wife be at least 30 years younger than I am. There is nothing wrong with a man over the age of 50 fathering children.
50

News Item11/3/12 1:57 PM
Cliff Leckey | N. Ireland.  Find all comments by Cliff Leckey
John Yurich USA wrote:
No my posts on SermonAudio are not time consuming because they are short and sweet. But it is a fact that preparing meals from scratch is time consuming. It is faster to get prepared meals from the store and heat them up in the microwave oven. And it is also ok to cook on the grill outside. Using the stove and oven indoors is stupid because that is a good way for fires to start.
JohnY get a skivvy (wife)
49

News Item11/3/12 1:20 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Pope-fil-A wrote:
Reading your posts on SermonAudio is even more time consuming.
No my posts on SermonAudio are not time consuming because they are short and sweet. But it is a fact that preparing meals from scratch is time consuming. It is faster to get prepared meals from the store and heat them up in the microwave oven. And it is also ok to cook on the grill outside. Using the stove and oven indoors is stupid because that is a good way for fires to start.
48

News Item11/1/12 3:10 PM
Pope-fil-A  Find all comments by Pope-fil-A
John Yurich USA wrote:
Preparing meals from scratch is too time consuming.
Reading your posts on SermonAudio is even more time consuming.
47

News Item11/1/12 12:06 PM
jpw  Find all comments by jpw
JY -- health is a precious gift to waste.
46

News Item10/31/12 8:28 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Brillo pad wrote:
You need to read my question again John.
Viz; "Would you say that health and longevity are solely in the hands of God especially for His children?"
The question does not imply a long and healthy life. It merely asks whether that aspect of life on earth is under God's providence. (In response to your dietary posts)
If as you say God is not involved - and therefore the sin of death defeats God - then if He elects/regenerates at some senior point in life and the person dies before then - is he still elected?
Methinks you are heavily into Fatalism - Que Sera Sera.

Your theology takes you to places God never intended you to go.

45

News Item10/31/12 7:37 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
jpw wrote:
Christians are really advancing themselves ordering MSG, HFCS and anti-foaming agents and declaring opposition to the eugenics/gay new world order.
nice.
How bout cooking for each other again? How about mothers cooking for their children?
Can anyone honestly say after eating this kind of thing, they feel good? I certainly don't.
Yuck!
Preparing meals from scratch is too time consuming. Getting prepared meals from the store to make in the microwave oven or cooking on the grill outside is the better ways to go. Cooking inside using the stove and oven is stupid and is a way that fires happen. I don't use the stove and oven. I just get prepared meals from the store and make them in the microwave oven. I also dine out at fast food restaurants and at buffets.
44

News Item10/31/12 7:28 AM
Brillo pad  Find all comments by Brillo pad
John UK wrote:
Certainly not!
You need to read my question again John.

Viz; "Would you say that health and longevity are solely in the hands of God especially for His children?"

The question does not imply a long and healthy life. It merely asks whether that aspect of life on earth is under God's providence. (In response to your dietary posts)

If as you say God is not involved - and therefore the sin of death defeats God - then if He elects/regenerates at some senior point in life and the person dies before then - is he still elected?

43

News Item10/31/12 6:46 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
JoeBloggs wrote:
When they are trialing the magic
'Super Strength Intelligence Pills' (or better still 'Handsome Pills') some will hope that the dispensing agent isn't situated in the midst of a council estate. We don't want to be mingling with the peasants, do we? No, Sir.
I guess 'Class System Info' will either be far too intelligent or too handsome to be the first in the queue.
What a great leveller the gospel is, bro. That rich and poor, black and white, must all humble themselves before God, and acknowledge themselves sinners and plead only the mercy of God, that they must all repent and be baptised if they want to receive the Holy Ghost.

God is no respecter of persons.

Which begs the question: "Why are the Reformed churches in general so obviously middle class?"

42

News Item10/30/12 8:11 PM
JoeBloggs  Find all comments by JoeBloggs
John UK wrote:
the doctor's magic pills, because the queue up to the door will be over a mile long.
When they are trialing the magic
'Super Strength Intelligence Pills' (or better still 'Handsome Pills') some will hope that the dispensing agent isn't situated in the midst of a council estate. We don't want to be mingling with the peasants, do we? No, Sir.

I guess 'Class System Info' will either be far too intelligent or too handsome to be the first in the queue.

According to my own lower class Daily Mirror (the one I shave in)...I am already too handsome!

The brainy pills...I do need!

41

News Item10/30/12 7:42 PM
jpw  Find all comments by jpw
FYI wrote:
I will go to the doctors, I will take the medicine prescribed and I will pray
yep, that's exactly what you will do.

abortionist that I talked with said the same thing. (minus the prayer part)

gm's will make them sick and they will have to go to the doctor.

of course, he didn't see that as a negative because he wants the earth depopulated.

But wouldn't purposely eating things like defoaming agents used in women's implants be something like testing God? Or are Christians now superhumans above the laws of nature?

this seems to be one hard pickle to snap.

how about I get on SA and say that my uncle is drinking liquor all day and says if his liver gives out, he has a good doctor? And this is God's will, because God is sovereign so that the liquor will be as food in his body?

40

News Item10/30/12 6:41 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
jpw wrote:
John UK - Healthy eating makes a huge differnce. That is one great blessing that comes from receiving the provision of God. Good day. From the food propogandist (yes, I propogandize for food consumption)
It is a good evidence of love for people that you seek to inform them about some of the causes of ill health, and how that may be remedied through healthy eating and drinking. Good on yer!
39

News Item10/30/12 5:30 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
FYI wrote:
...I know that God uses means....
That is a sensible comment extracted from a befuddled and ambiguous one.

But as the world population increases, and the money-grubbers find more ways to feed the masses with rubbish whilst making plenty, you will find that one day you will not be able to visit the surgery for the doctor's magic pills, because the queue up to the door will be over a mile long.

38

News Item10/30/12 5:17 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Brillo pad wrote:
Would you say that health and longevity are solely in the hands of God especially for His children?
Prov 10:27 The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.
---
This is not a rule that can be applied as an every case if-then proposition. Jesus was 33 at death; Rudolph Hess was 93.
37

News Item10/30/12 5:09 PM
FYI  Find all comments by FYI
John UK wrote:
Certainly not!
You really need to think more seriously about your visits to the GP. Why do you go? To alleviate symptoms which God has placed upon you? To lengthen your life? For example, if your GP says that he can give you a better chance of survival if you take some of his magic pills, do you accept his judgment, or do you tell him that God has already determined your health, and that you will leave yourself in his hand?
Psa 31:15 My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.

"The time of life is in God's hands, to lengthen or shorten, make bitter or sweet, according to the counsel of his will. The way of man is not in himself, nor in our friend's hands, nor in our enemies' hands, but in God's."

I will go to the doctors, I will take the medicine prescribed and I will pray because I know that God uses means but whether I am healed or not or whether I live or not is entirely in His will.

36

News Item10/30/12 4:36 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Brillo pad wrote:
Would you say that health and longevity are solely in the hands of God especially for His children?
Prov 10:27 The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.
Certainly not!

If you apply your text to every man, woman and child in the world in the course of history, you would soon become bemused at what it means.

The fact that God is sovereign over all his creatures, and is capable of determining the date of their birth and their health, and their death, does not mean that he exercises that right as creator and potter in every case.

You really need to think more seriously about your visits to the GP. Why do you go? To alleviate symptoms which God has placed upon you? To lengthen your life? For example, if your GP says that he can give you a better chance of survival if you take some of his magic pills, do you accept his judgment, or do you tell him that God has already determined your health, and that you will leave yourself in his hand? If you have an heart attack, have you left instructions to others not to call an ambulance, because if you die it is God's will, and if you live it is God's will?

35

News Item10/30/12 4:34 PM
jpw  Find all comments by jpw
John UK - Healthy eating makes a huge differnce. That is one great blessing that comes from receiving the provision of God. Good day. From the food propogandist (yes, I propogandize for food consumption)
34

News Item10/30/12 4:13 PM
Brillo pad  Find all comments by Brillo pad
John UK wrote:
6. Proof is in the eating. I will give you a diet which will IMPROVE your health, either immediately or in the future.
7. If you want to suffer later in life because of what you ate, don't blame THE LORD, but your own eating habits.
Would you say that health and longevity are solely in the hands of God especially for His children?

Prov 10:27 The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

Deut 4:40 Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever

Eph 6:2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise) 3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

33
There are a total of 52 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last
Last PostTotal
1,000 evangelical pastors urged to run for political office
s c from oh: "stever does make a valid point. our leaders are a reflection of that..."
-2 hrs 36 
CNN Poll Reveals America's Most Agreed Upon Sin
jim lincoln from nebraska: "i should have added this one :alert: gil rugh said..."
-5 hrs 27 
IRS sued for monitoring U.S. churches
jim lincoln from nebraska: "i'm tired of these outfits that call themselves..."
-5 hrs 


Turn or Burn

Kevin Swanson
Gay Mirage - Watershed Issue?

Methodists & Baptists Split?
Current Events
Generations Radio
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Stephen Hyde
Sin: Confessed & Forgiven

Hope Chapel Redhill
Sunday - PM
Play! | MP3

Bob Vincent
Defending the Faith

Rejecting Atheism
Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
If the Lord Will

Gospel According to Luke
Shreveport Grace Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Ken Wimer
Chosen To Salvation

Radio Broadcast
Shreveport Grace Church
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Lowest Puritan Hard Drive Price Ever!

For A Very Short Time We Are Off­er­ing A Shock­ingly Low Price. Click To See How Low!
www.puritandownloads.com/pu..

Sermon: Can You Find Mohammed in Bible
Stephen Holland






                   
I am a Bible bigot. I follow it in all things both great and small. ... John Wesley

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android New!
Church App
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.